It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southwest cancels 1000 flights We all know why

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Might it be because the flight schedule was lighter so they had less cancellations due to less flights?

Monday is typically the busiest day of the week for air travel, being that it's a 'holiday' I can see some lessening of demand but when there are little to no delays tomorrow this explanation won't work.

Lol
Nope

But, uh, really guys....its true

Lolololololololol

Not my fault your Google-fu is lacking

Mordancy and irony....live together in perfect harmony...
Side by side on my screen.....
edit on 12/10/2021 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Nope

Already covered yesterday. You're a bit late.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Lol
No
I am exactly where and when I choose to be.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

No

Yeah, and it turns out it's Friday. Let me know how your geography lesson is going.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Lol
As if anyone follows your directives?
Why would they when you are a constant flow of misinformation?
Again, I am exactly where I choose to be, by no means your "late".

Tho lots of people who attepmted to fly southwest were late.
That, interestingly, seem cleaned up today. What is different about today?

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Says the guy who thinks Hawaii isn't a domestic location.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Says the guy who thinks Hawaii isn't a domestic location.

Yep
There it is in all its glory
Keep that misinformation flowing

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Yep
There it is in all its glory
Keep that misinformation flowing

Sure, here's your misinfo geography fail:

SWA flies almost all domestic with some flights to the Caribbean and Mexico.

They fly to hawaii as well.

'As well', LOL. Like it didn't fall into one of the three categories above. Too funny.

edit on 12-10-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

this seems to explain it very well. But it doesn't answer why other airlines aren't having the same issues, unless they are all just managed much better.

Many factors at work here. Staff shortage, due to earlier low demand from Covid. Pilots retiring at quicker rates for a multitude of reasons. Over worked, and possibly mandates. Ground crew issues due to low pay and over worked. (should effect all airlines, but doesn't) Pilots not being trained fast enough, more retiring than being hired. Possibly due in some part to mandates. (again, should effect all airlines, but isn't)

So either way you look at it, piss poor management seems to be the driving factor here.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

So either way you look at it, piss poor management seems to be the driving factor here.

I’d say so. They advertise $59 airfare, can’t run a 737 on 160 cheap seats like that. Plus the flight attendants are rude as heck.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
But it doesn't answer why other airlines aren't having the same issues, unless they are all just managed much better.

Southwest is a budget airline and the head of SWAPA has said his union had been complaining about capacity, staffing and internal issues like this for the past four years. One issue cascades for them into a much worse scenario unlike how it would for one of the majors which is why you'd never catch me on them or Spirit.

Flying can be a hassle, flying budget is for masochists.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

after my last flight (A disaster I wrote about here), unless my life depends on it, I won't fly. Or if we go to Mexico. I'd risk it for the beach and 4 day buzz. But I won't fly if I can drive. Going to Maine next week and we will drive for 2 days up, and 2 back. I can't control every aspect of the trip, but I can turn around and go back home if something gets in the way. I hope I never feel that helpless again. My wife had to slap me. I think the second time she did it for spite, but the first time was needed.
edit on 12-10-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I think the second time she did it for spite, but the first time was needed.

She probably did, but tell the truth, did you enjoy them?

Let me know if you wanna swing by for an adult beverage at Casa Augie on your way to the backwoods of Maine.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I am going to try to avoid the entire NYC area. Not because we don't want to drink up your beer, but I just can't imagine the traffic. I'll veer off at DC and go through PA. But thanks for the offer. I was trying to remember if I got you to buy when we met, or I did. I just remember we had beer. The musings of a feeble mind. Every experience is new. Just like the 47th time watching Red Dawn.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I am going to try to avoid the entire NYC area. Not because we don't want to drink up your beer, but I just can't imagine the traffic. I'll veer off at DC and go through PA. But thanks for the offer. I was trying to remember if I got you to buy when we met, or I did. I just remember we had beer. The musings of a feeble mind. Every experience is new. Just like the 47th time watching Red Dawn.

Hell if you are rerouting through PA lemme know!

I am in NJ 10 minutes across the bridge from Philadelphia. Lots of good pork roll and cheese steaks to be found.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It was the weather. There wasn't enough wind to keep the planes in the air. It wasn't about the vaccine mandate.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

after my last flight (A disaster I wrote about here), unless my life depends on it, I won't fly. Or if we go to Mexico. I'd risk it for the beach and 4 day buzz. But I won't fly if I can drive. Going to Maine next week and we will drive for 2 days up, and 2 back. I can't control every aspect of the trip, but I can turn around and go back home if something gets in the way. I hope I never feel that helpless again. My wife had to slap me. I think the second time she did it for spite, but the first time was needed.

If you take a tour in Mexico, make sure the bus has been recently inspected by a certified govt agency. Our companion tour-bus flipped over in front of us, killing 9 adults/children as we traveled to the ruins. Tires were worn unevenly. No inspection in almost 2 years.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
It wasn't about the vaccine mandate.

Correct.

When asked by CBS News if there was any chance the disruption could have been caused by pilots calling out sick over the company's vaccine mandate, Capt. Casey Murray, president of the Southwest Airlines Pilots Association, said that was not the case and that the airline's pilot sick rate for this weekend was "right in line with what was occurring this summer."

...I point to how they manage the network and how their I.T. also supports that network. Once a little hiccup occurs due to the internal processes, our pilots aren't getting to where they need to be. We've been sounding this alarm for about four years and have seen very little approach to correcting it," Murray said.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Hell if you are rerouting through PA lemme know!

I am in NJ 10 minutes across the bridge from Philadelphia. Lots of good pork roll and cheese steaks to be found.

Best cheesesteak I ever had was in Cherry Hill, NJ. Many moons ago, but I still remember it. Yum!

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yes it is.

I've been on the phone for 6 days with some of the pilots I know from SWA.

These mandates are what's causing this.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join