It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Gov. Hochul Says Un-Vaxxed Christians ‘Aren’t Listening To God...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Tons of Christians claim to "know" what God wants, all the time, everyday. It's part and parcel with that "personal relationship" Christians claim to have with their Christ.

Just Google "what does God want" and get an eyeful of people telling you what God wants.

edit on 28-9-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Tons of Christians claim to "know" what God wants, all the time, everyday. It's part and parcel with that "personal relationship" Christians claim to have with their Christ.

Just Google "what does God want" and get an eyeful of people telling you what God wants.

Yes, there are plenty of them out there, and they also get chastised from time to time by other Christians. On the other hand, if they are only repeating what the bible makes known of God's will, they are not in error according to their tenets.

I'm not trying to convince you to see it their way, but rather to help you see it from their perspective.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

a reply to: neutronflux

So if a person cannot get the vaccine because of medical reasons, are they not “listening to God”?

I don't get that from the Governor's statement, but, I think she would say for those who can get vaccinated to do it out of love for your neighbor who can't and is vulnerable to the virus.

We can only go by what was said. She said people are not listening to God if they are not getting the vaccine. I guess she was also referring to individuals not taking the vaccine based on advice from doctors. Or she would have made a specific statement. Can you quote her otherwise.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   

On the other hand, if they are only repeating what the bible makes known of God's will, they are not in error according to their tenets.

So, those Christian leaders spouting off about how taking the vaccine would be sinful, because it displays a lack of faith, are NOT in error? Are they getting chastised and called out for their blasphemy? Not in this thread they're not.

But a Governor who claims to know that God wants Christians vaccinated, i.e. protected from COVID 19, is in scriptural error and deserves to be chastised for claiming to know what God wants. All the while VP Mike Pence, who claims that God speaks directly to him and that he knows what God wants to deprive gay couples from adopting children is elevated.

Do you see the hypocrisy yet?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I guess she was also referring to individuals not taking the vaccine based on advice from doctors.

That's your guess. I don't believe that to be the case.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I guess she was also referring to individuals not taking the vaccine based on advice from doctors.

That's your guess. I don't believe that to be the case.

Then why didn’t she say otherwise. Because her god is the Vaccine. And the state.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Here's some of what she reportedly said. I wish there was a video of her speech, but I can't find one. So, all we have are some snippets.

"We are not through this pandemic," Hochul said during her homily at the Christian Cultural Center, a non-denominational megachurch. "I wished we were, but I prayed a lot to God during this time and you know what, God did answer our prayers. He made the smartest men and women, the scientists, the doctors, the researchers — he made them come up with a vaccine. That is from God to us and we must say, ‘Thank you, God. Thank you.'"

Hochul then showed off her necklace that indicated her vaccination status before alleging those who refuse the COVID-19 vaccine "aren't listening to God and what God wants."

"I need you to be my apostles," Hochul told her audience. "I need you to go out and talk about it and say, ‘We owe this to each other. We love each other.’ Jesus taught us to love one another and how do you show that love but to care about each other enough to say, ‘Please get the vaccine because I love you and I want you to live? I want our kids to be safe when they're in schools? I want to be safe when you go to a doctor's office or to a hospital and are treated by somebody?' You don't want to get the virus from them. You're already sick or you wouldn't be there."

"And here is my promise to you, my friends. I will use the inspiration of God in my life and fight for you every single day as your governor and beyond," Hochul added.

www.msn.com...

I don't see anything in there that says people who can't take the vaccine for health reason aren't listening to God.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Shrugs. She still didn’t make exceptions for anyone but those willing to take a product produced by big pharmaceutical drugs. With some of the vaccines being developed at the sacrifice of a unborn baby or too.

I guess the only way to show you love her god is to take the vaccine? Did she outline a way for those that cannot take the vaccine can show love for her god?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I was taught people deserve love out of being God’s creation. The why they were made. The way I was made. Salvation is dependent on confession of Jesus as my spiritual savior and the Son of God.

Now I can only be loved, and be loved by God if I take a man made product. And I only can be of the cult if I take the vaccine.

Thats f’d up.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

"We are not through this pandemic," Hochul said during her homily at the Christian Cultural Center, a non-denominational megachurch. "I wished we were, but I prayed a lot to God during this time and you know what, God did answer our prayers. He made the smartest men and women, the scientists, the doctors, the researchers — he made them come up with a vaccine. That is from God to us and we must say, ‘Thank you, God. Thank you.

I am not sure “made” is the right word. But agree with the sentiment.

But also ignored there are developed therapeutics. And there are people that have been vaccinated who have still died of covid.

Then you have the change in the definition of vaccine.

He highlights the definition of terms on August 26, 2021.

Immunity: Protection from an infectious disease. If you are immune to a disease, you can be exposed to it without becoming infected.

Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but can also be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose.

Vaccination: The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.

Immunization: A process by which a person becomes protected against a disease through vaccination. This term is often used interchangeably with vaccination or inoculation.

That had been their definition since at least May 16, 2018, according to PJ Media.

But then, come September 1, suddenly there was a big change.

Immunity: Protection from an infectious disease. If you are immune to a disease, you can be exposed to it without becoming infected.

Vaccine: A preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but some can be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose.

Vaccination: The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce protection from a specific disease.

www.citizensjournal.us...

So if zinc and vitamins can “ stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases” are they a vaccine?

And I do believe people with health issues should have the choice to take the vaccine. But not be mandated.

Hochul then showed off her necklace that indicated her vaccination status before alleging those who refuse the COVID-19 vaccine "aren't listening to God and what God wants."

What’s in the Bible about placing idols before God. What is she, five?

You

“I need you to be my apostles,"

I thought we are to be apostles for God. She’s fruity.

I need you to go out and talk about it and say, ‘We owe this to each other. We love each other.’ Jesus taught us to love one another and how do you show that love but to care about each other enough to say, ‘Please get the vaccine because I love you and I want you to live?

Funny, my Bible has…

Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness

1Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted a by the devil. 2After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ b ”

5Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6“If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“ ‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’ c ”

7Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’ d

edit on 28-9-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Well , First Off , God does Not Poison his Beloved Children but EVIL Men Do ..........

" Project Veritas is out with the third installment of their series on vaccine insiders - this time covertly recording two Johnson & Johnson officials saying that children don't shouldn't take the Covid-19 jab.

"Kids shouldn't get a #ing [COVID] vaccine," said regional business lead, Brandon Schatt.

"It’s a kid, you just don’t do that, you know? Not something that’s so unknown in terms of repercussions down the road, you know?"

Schadt also implied that the huge push to vaccinate children is about money, not public safety. "

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

“It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’ d

Like refusing a vaccine because you believe God will protect you from the virus?

Like a drowning man refusing two boats and helicopter because he believes God will save him?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Numbers
"From Mount Hor they set out by the way to the Red Sea, to go around the land of Edom. And the people became impatient on the way. 5 And the people spoke against God and against Moses, “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? For there is no food and no water, and we loathe this worthless food.” 6 Then the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people, so that many people of Israel died. 7 And the people came to Moses and said, “We have sinned, for we have spoken against the Lord and against you. Pray to the Lord, that he take away the serpents from us.” So Moses prayed for the people. 8 And the Lord said to Moses, “Make a fiery serpent and set it on a pole, and everyone who is bitten, when he sees it, shall live.” 9 So Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on a pole. And if a serpent bit anyone, he would look at the bronze serpent and live.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You have never experienced Christianity, much less "evolved through" it. You only think you have.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ah haha...

The purity argument...No True Scotsman...logic fallacy.

Sweety, I was such a holy roller immersed in Christianity I still consider myself a "good Christian". I just don't believe in Jesus or the biblical God anymore. I've redefined "Christ" and "God" to fit my spiritual needs. And that's the way that works when you graduate Christianity.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You

Like refusing a vaccine because you believe God will protect you from the virus?

Based on a man made product newly developed?

More like there is only love if a vaccine is developed, and the only way to show love is through a vaccine?

Noticed you didn’t answer..

Shrugs. She still didn’t make exceptions for anyone but those willing to take a product produced by big pharmaceutical drugs. With some of the vaccines being developed at the sacrifice of a unborn baby or too.

I guess the only way to show you love her god is to take the vaccine? Did she outline a way for those that cannot take the vaccine can show love for her god?

I was taught people deserve love out of being God’s creation. The why they were made. The way I was made. Salvation is dependent on confession of Jesus as my spiritual savior and the Son of God.

Now I can only be loved, and be loved by God if I take a man made product. And I only can be of the cult if I take the vaccine.

Thats f’d up.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Clearly you don't.

Here you are endorsing Hochul for doing the same thing you accuse of Pence of and don't like from him.

It's all down to the positions you perceive them taking, of course. *You* believe everyone should be vaccinated, so it's perfectly fine for Hochul to claim that God said every Christian should be vaccinated as the Godly thing.

However, *you* don't agree that gay marriage is wrong, so you don't think anyone else ought to think that, either, not even when it's a matter of faith that says it is wrong. In that case, even God, Himself, who decreed marriage to be between man and woman is full of it, and so is Jesus who later on said exactly what God said.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

Ah haha...

The purity argument...No True Scotsman...logic fallacy.

Sweety, I was such a holy roller immersed in Christianity I still consider myself a "good Christian". I just don't believe in Jesus or the biblical God anymore. I've redefined "Christ" and "God" to fit my spiritual needs. And that's the way that works when you graduate Christianity.

And by those words right there you disqualify yourself. A "good Christian" knows that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light and the way lies through Him. There is no other.

In other words, you aren't a Christian, not anymore, and you have as much as said so right here. There's No True Scotsman about it. You can't argue Christian theology from your personal spiritual perspective and call it Christian because it's not and you admit it.

I'm sorry, but Klassified, the atheist, is much better and more qualified to argue Christianity than you. He understands the theology and doesn't argue it as filtered to fit his personal spiritual worldview. He understands it and argues it from there even if he doesn't believe it himself; he has that much respect.
edit on 28-9-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A "good Christian" knows that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light and the way lies through Him.

No. A good Christian emulates a Christlike life. Not a suicidal bound confrontational life, going from town to town, homeless and depending on the charity and adoration of others, like Jesus did.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Here you are endorsing Hochul for doing the same thing you accuse of Pence of and don't like from him.

There's no "love thy neighbor" philosophy in the push to deny the rights of LGBT folks and women. At least Gov Hochul used love to push her message, not the self righteous judgmental hate that Pence pushes.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join