It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free UK Face Mask Exemption Cards Download Yours Now

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

You miss the whole point, the virus isn't only "out on its own" floating around, it is also contained in bodily fluids coming out of your pie hole which masks (Or face shields to a lesser extent) DO stop.

edit on 18-9-2020 by TheResidentAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
Again go back to my original pots and READ what I’ve stated instead of addressing points I didn’t even raise. Clearly reading comprehension is difficult for you but give it a try.

So the OP said this

I'm not here to debate a coronavirus. I'm not even here to argue whether a face mask works well in stopping the spread of a respiratory tract disease. I'm here to let you know that YOU can download your own face mask exemption card here:

UK Government Approved Face Mask Exemption Cards

By downloading and using this card you are fighting for the freedoms millions died for during the war.

I'm doing my part!

I've shown evidence that masks work in stopping respiratory tract disease spread, and I've also called out your bull# about freedom.

Your response is that I have a reading comprehension issue, when I've addressed the two main points raised.

I think that the comprehension issue is coming from your end - deliberately - because you are full of crap, know it, but can't admit it.

And yes, that makes me ever so slightly angry, because idiots like you who spread this kind of crap have just got us put into tighter restrictions where I live in the North of England, and the R rate is on a curve that will put the whole damn country back into total lockdown in 4-6 weeks.

All because people like you think - for whatever reason - that you are superior to everyone else and know better than hundreds of thousands of medical professionals and public health workers world wide.

edit on 18/9/20 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Could some one explain this to me. In the UK we have been wearing masks since July yet how come now we are being told there is a spike in infections in most UK cities?
That's masks worn, social distancing etc, FACT. Rise in infections FACT. Now do your spinning with anecdotal evidence of silly people not doing anything, foolish people not wearing masks etc. and infecting other people.

Infections have risen as preventative measures have been eased. More shops & bars open, more people back in offices, social distance restrictions eased. The same has happened in most of Europe.

Fortunately we are now in a much better position than we were 6 months ago to deal with the rise in infections.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore
You have a total reading comprehension problem... that's two separate quotes from two different members!

Classic.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

We probably agree on many aspects of life, unfortunately people tend to prefer debate over collaboration.

Personally, I refuse to be pigeon holed and put into some neat box and labelled.
I think its important to at least try to judge everything on its own merits free from pre-determined perspectives and ideological restraints.
Of course sometimes I fail, miserably, because I am as prone to human failings as anyone else.

Debate over collaboration?
Its impossible to do the latter without doing the former.

Just because I don’t agree with you doesn’t mean I don’t attempt to see your perspective......

Being on ATS for so long sort of sets one's default position at assuming a person's viewpoint is locked in and unable to even consider alternative perspectives.
I'm sure you understand that.

....nothing is as simple as black and white.

Very few things are cut and dried.....even something as simple and mildly inconveniencing as putting a mask on is earth shatteringly controversial and apparently part of a concerted attempt to take away our inalienable rights.

Just wish some other posters could take that approach.

Amen to that Brother.

If you look at my posting history objectively its generally quite balanced if a little controversial.

I like controversy and objectivity.
I have been accused of trying to give balance.....I'm not too sure how I feel about that.

I don't like boring and normal.
I particularly dislike blind faith, blind acceptance and political dogma and creed.

Most of all I like beer.
edit on 18/9/20 by Freeborn because: spelling, typo's.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Classic simple error on my part balancing across two posts and fixed by changing one word, which I have done.

Your OP is still bull#

Yours and Grenade's viewpoints are still stupid.

Nothing has changed.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Classic simple error on my part balancing across two posts and fixed by changing one word, which I have done.

Your OP is still bull#

Yours and Grenade's viewpoints are still stupid.

Nothing has changed.

Such a wonderful way with words. You're a credit to the forums and your approach to debate is admirable.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
No Andy, blindly following government commands because we are told they ar Edie the benefit of the people does not mean we take away the choice in the matter. You sir are a warrior for communism.

a reply to: AndyMayhew

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

a reply to: AndyMayhew

You, sir, have no idea what you’re talking about!

I mean, how hard is it to go look up the data and facts to learn that there is absolutely 0 percent difference in a population wearing a mask vs no mask for a virus. It stops nothing unless you have one of those full face rubber and glass ones with canisters at the nose but really, Such an easy litmus test to separate the hopeless drone followers from the reasonable intellectual individual human beings.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Kurokage

Clearly you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Yeah, make yourself and your ignorance feel better!

Why don't you go down to your local A&E and tell them all to not bother wearing masks because you know better!

edit on 19-9-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

The less people who wear masks, the less people who observe social distancing, the less people who follow the rules, the longer this will go on and the stricter lockdowns will become.

You, sir, are fighting against our freedoms, not for them.

Hand over your liberties on a plate in the guise of safety

You're cool with killing people? Nice! Imagine being so selfish you wouldn't wear a mask that is very negligible and a minor inconvenience because "mah freedumbz"

Stupidity and mental illness is too rampant these days and people dont care about others and only themselves. Dont be that type of person.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Don’t think I suggested hospital staff should be maskless.

I’ve been to A+E recently, the place was empty and the nurses didn’t wear masks.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

My Mrs was in Hospital(Queen Elizabeth) for 3 days last week down to an asthma attack.

Everyone of the staff, doctors, nurses, and porters, in accident and emergency, had a mask on, same with the ambulance crew that attended.

That also applied to the other wards and areas of the hospital.

No visitors allowed nether.
edit on 19-9-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Was around July I went in. The hospital was empty. Literally the only person in A+E.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Ignorance would suggest I’m unaware of your argument. I’m well aware of the rhetoric and reasoning behind mask wearing, I just don’t agree with it. Imagine that, someone questioning authority, must make you real angry.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

If memory serves around July most people were to # scared to attend the AnE with lockdown still being in full-swing.

Which may have accounted for them appearing to be empty.

I know people who work in our hospitals and care establishments, and whilst not being overwhelmed, they were hard pushed in a few areas PPE being one of them.

As to the effect COVID 19 has had where the likes of our care homes are concerned, well that was just sheer horrendous, near enough bring out your dead scenario, in some of the establishments where the hospitals were pretty much dumping the infected OAPs and refusing to admit others that required hospitalization.

And funnily enough there PPE was piss poor and not up to scratch nether in the care homes.
edit on 19-9-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think it would be interesting to see an anti masker sitting down with a covid 19 positive person for an hour.
Let them have a good chat.

See what becomes of it

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Wouldn’t worry me too much at all. Do you know any?

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

There are a few instances of people attending the likes of COVID 19 parties.

And ending up paying for there folly.

Sometimes even with there lifes.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join