It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free UK Face Mask Exemption Cards Download Yours Now

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I tend to take each subject based on its own merits. My opinions aren’t always based on partisan political thinking, even if you want to stereotype me as such.

Halle#inglujah!
Something you and I can agree on......we are very much in the minority.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Look, its more important that I safeguard my health and the health of my Grandson and my wife in the immediate present, here and now.
That is a real life threat as we are speaking in the here in the now.

Its not some imaginary future threat.

I don't think future mankind will think well of us if we allow it to de-evolve back to something akin to The Dark Ages because we were railing against wearing masks when millions were dying.

Hyperbole?
Of course it is.....all done for dramatic effect, something I'm assuming you too are engaging in.

I assure you, if they start coming for our freedoms I assure you I'll be at the forefront of the fight.....as I have been in the past.

ETA

Neighbours urged by local propaganda channels to snitch on their neighbours...

Something which Boris Johnson has openly asked people not to do and is obviously quite opposed to.
edit on 18/9/20 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Do you have a source proving it’s not?

You stated that Doctor's die on average 10% younger than non-Doctors.
That was in response to someone pointing out that Doctor's and other medical personnel have been wearing these types of masks for donkeys years - yes, that is academically accepted terminology.
Therefore I think its reasonable to assume you were inferring those early deaths were due to wearing masks.....if not, why mention it and what was your point?

You made a statement....its reasonable for people to expect you to provide some sort of supportive evidence and/or reasoning, is it not?

edit on 18/9/20 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I didn’t draw a direct correlation, just highlighting that Doctors behaviours and environments are hardly conducive to a long life. Stating they wear masks throughout career without any repercussion isn’t a good example as it’s unclear exactly why they face such a grim life expectancy.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

We probably agree on many aspects of life, unfortunately people tend to prefer debate over collaboration. Just because I don’t agree with you doesn’t mean I don’t attempt to see your perspective, nothing is as simple as black and white. Just wish some other posters could take that approach. If you look at my posting history objectively its generally quite balanced if a little controversial.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: Kurokage

rules that go against science

Can you link to some evidence and proof that this is the case?

Can you link me to some specification from the UK government that states exactly which type of face covering to wear and why? Because at the moment I am complying with the rules if:

1) I wear a mask with an exhalation valve that lets out water vapour from my exhaled breath

and

2) I wear a mask with large gaps between fibres which achieves the same as point 1

All their illogical advice states is to cover your face.

Guess again Sherlock.

Well, haven't had time to post a response but lots of people have posted evidence already for the reasons to wear masks and judging from your responses I'm glad i didn't go to any effort.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I’m thick because I don’t agree with you?

No-one has addressed any of my concerns regarding mask wearing, at least the majority retain some composure and maturity.

I agree masks stop the spread of the virus, there is however the possibility they have other adverse health effects, especially to carriers of the virus, restricting airflow while having a respiratory disease isn’t a good idea in anyone’s opinion surely. It’s catch 22 really and contrary to your nonsense the jury is still out!

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The average lifespan of a doctor is much shorter than that of the general population. By roughly 10%

Have you thought about stress as a factor for their lifespan being shorter or are you just going to blame it on face masks?

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
Poor cop out...

There is no specification to qualify what face covering is effective... therefore the rule is nonsense.

You and I know I can go out there with a completely ineffective mask.

You were unable to answer my calling so instead you tried to throw it back at me by saying I was unworthy of a response. Again, textbook response from someone who cannot respond.

The mask ruling would be half sensible if a specification was used.... So basically you would all be happy if I wore a completely nonsensical piece of holey fabric... rather than question the ridiculousness of arbitrary rules that promote lynching and demote logical questioning....

What ho!!

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Untrue, the virus particles will pass straight through the majority of face coverings.

Not when it's suspended in spittle, Phlegm or mucus.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

That then gets stuck to the inside of your covering, multiplies and then is recirculated into your lungs.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

I wish I can find some videos currently of China and the Chinese people whether they're still wearing masks or not.

I have some colleagues working in southern China, all around and near Hong Kong. Masks are not required, they haven't been required (for months actually.) They have a choice to wear them, some businesses have a “No Shirt, No Mask, No Service” rule.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Why you should wear a mask

Still confused.

Face mask debate, wearing a mask helps.

Should i wear a face mask?

Knock yourself out, maybe you'll learn something instead of spouting out nonsense.
edit on 18-9-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

That then gets stuck to the inside of your covering, multiplies and then is recirculated into your lungs.

And stops you from infecting others.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Probably multiple underlying factors, most of which are unclear.

The masks are there to stop the spread of the virus which implies some people are restricting respiratory function while harbouring a disease which effects that very system.

I’m not debating they could limit spread, I’m suggesting they could be detrimental to the health of people already infected and so exacerbating symptoms.

edit on 18/9/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Probably multiple underlying factors, most of which are unclear.

Nope.

The masks are there to stop the spread of the virus which implies some people are restricting respiratory function while harbouring a disease which effects that very system.

Yes, the mask is there to stop you spreading the virus.
If you have it, you have it, if you rebreath your own "germs", it doesn't make it worse.

The respiratory system is the group of tissues and organs in your body that enable you to breathe. This system includes your airways, your lungs and the blood vessels and muscles attached to them that work together so you can breathe. The respiratory system's primary function is to supply oxygen to all the parts of your body. It accomplishes this through breathing: inhaling oxygen-rich air and exhaling air filled with carbon dioxide, which is a waste gas.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Meditate we must and avoid fear.

OSHO---How to avoid pandemic

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Clearly you have no idea what you’re talking about.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Could some one explain this to me. In the UK we have been wearing masks since July yet how come now we are being told there is a spike in infections in most UK cities?
That's masks worn, social distancing etc, FACT. Rise in infections FACT. Now do your spinning with anecdotal evidence of silly people not doing anything, foolish people not wearing masks etc. and infecting other people.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join