It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: InterplanetaryHobo
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

While their (Russia) infection rate is rising, presently their 'official' death rate is low (2,418). It might be intriguing to see where their death rate stands a few weeks from now. See if maybe they have a cure, or a protecal that reduces death from this disease.

When I read Russia, I automatically think, vodka. This correlation just gave me a lightbulb moment. Considering reports that nicotine might reduce infection, perhaps alcohol could also be beneficial, somehow. šŸ’”

Unfortunately, I entered a cul-de-sac with this one. Russia, being the most vodka-happy country and with low(er) death numbers, could be shoehorned to fit the theory, other high consumers of that clear elixir don't fit the program. šŸš«

My source for Global Vodka Consumption šŸø

I'm only able to work with my cellphone, so I can't do a proper nation by nation, virus/vodka analysis. If anyone is interested in modeling the statistics, it would be interesting to see what contorted data emerges. šŸ¤”

Anyway, I'll crawl back into my den of iniquity and debauchery to consume some liquid nectar and think of some other stupid connection to try to make sense of this irritatingly confusing virus.

Š—Š° Š·Š“Š¾Ń€Š¾ĢŠ²ŃŒŠµ/cin cin/prosit/cheers šŸ„‚

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: SoulReaper

This timeline also fits for kids suffering from the Kawasaki like symptoms. My son is having episodes of what we believe is autoimmune encephalitis and we saw 3 kids brought in during his stay with Kawasaki/Covid. Thatā€™s a whole other story but I finally convinced them to do a spinal tap because AE is notorious for not showing up on imaging and guess what, pleocytosis and WBCs in the CSF.

Find a doctor that administers high dose IV Vitamin C, and get your son multiple sessions over a weeks time.

What do you have to lose? What if it helps?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
After reading SoulReaperā€™s thread some time ago Iā€™ve already stopped taking my iron supplements and drinking lots of green tea, but that was before this new condition appeared in children. No way Iā€™m going to convince my kid to drink green tea without restraints and a funnel

No one should ever supplement with calcium, or copper. EVER.

As for iron supplementation - from tfa:

"In a nutshell, never supplement calcium. Never supplement copper. And never supplement iron, unless you have a documented iron deficiency, microcytic, hypochromic anemia. Your body will appreciate it."

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
montana.maps.arcgis.com... 4 new cases but all in big Horn county not mine right along southern border of mt , saw the first hostility (Well more then usual to tourists) at my local gas station/market today , the manager told two carloads of people from NY to "GTFO and go home" would not serve them and wanted them off the property and would not let them inside not sure how well this will go over all as we depend on tourist revenue here in summer but at least it seems its a flat out ban for people from NY at the local market for now

edit to add big arm montana has 177 people in the entire county
edit on 15-5-2020 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
What if this virus has a random dormancy characteristic whereby it falls asleep /goes dormant at random once entering the human body be that on day 1, 3, 6, 13, 20, etc. And if it does not go to sleep/dormant within a specific time-frame it kills you for sure.

What if, what if, what if...

Keep on truckin RP2, you're fear-mongering is at least good for a laugh now and then...
edit on 15-5-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: marshaxt
a reply to: Byrd

Privacy laws?

This is where i have a problem.

Me too...

There is absolutely noe reason they could not make the data 100% available, but anonymized. No personally identifying data whatsoever, just pure statistics.

The only reason they don't want to do that is obvious - they don't want people to lose their fear.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Two reports on a similar subject - T-cell studies seem to indicate that we can achieve a long-term immunity to Covid-19

News article from Science: T cells found in COVID-19 patients ā€˜bode wellā€™ for long-term immunity

Link to paper mentioned in article

A less readable journal paper from Germany that supports these findings: Reappearance of Effector T Cells Predicts Successful Recovery from COVID-19

edit on 15-5-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Press Release from Sorrento saying that they've developed a drug that stops virus growth (in the lab, in glass containers.)

It's moving into trials.

This is a letter to their investors.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
And a third article, less of a comfort to read... Chest Computed Tomography Findings in Asymptomatic Patients with COVID-19

It's full of technical terms, but the bottom line is that even in people who don't show symptoms, lung lesions are present (the "ground glass opacity" mentioned.) Interestingly enough, there were more of these lesions on the right lung than on the left in every case.

Lungs can and do heal to some extent but this indicates that long term, there will be some sort of lung capacity loss in those who have the disease but who don't seem to show any symptoms.

The longer-term implications here are mainly for health -- that if you smoke or live in a high pollution area and you get Covid-19, even if you're not that sick (or actually don't feel ill) your lungs will take additional damage. Although the paper doesn't say this, the implication is that we will likely see higher levels of emphysema and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) in these people in the coming years.

The authors do say it's urgent to have more testing.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Press Release from Sorrento saying that they've developed a drug that stops virus growth (in the lab, in glass containers.)

It's moving into trials.

This is a letter to their investors.

Good news. California biopharmaceutical company claims coronavirus antibody breakthrough

Thread about it here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere (New look Worldometers, and still no BNO) :

www.worldometers.info...

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Thanks for advice, itā€™s much appreciated

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
On another note. I asked a friend with a closed restaurant if the 90 day closure rule would affect him. It's basically if a place is closed more than 90 days they have to come up to current code to open. He said no because he was forced to close. Today he called and he's open for takeout tonight just to get in under the wire the health department didn't care why he was closed. Called everybody he knows in the business and they are all opening.

Strange new world and lots of winners and losers being picked.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Humm, funny how the most expensive option gets double blind test, but the cheaper option still hasn't

HCQ + Zinc early saves lives.

How much longer do we as in the WORLD need to wait for this?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
In considering the hidden costs of Covid-19, it seems that recovery from the virus isn't like recovery from the flu. People are reporting weeks (and months) of associated symptoms.

Article in The Guardian on symptoms

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Thisā€™ll probably further accelerate the vaccine research. The pharma will want their $$-product on sale before we possibly find that we donā€™t need it. Even more reason to scrutinise and question any vaccine that emerges.

edit on 16-5-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   

The more I read about Covids symptoms and recovery the more it sounds just like a long illness I had back in ā€˜89/90, which the dr was at a loss to diagnose. Makes me wonder how long this virus has been around in one form or another.

From the article:

The best parallel is dengue fever, Garner suggests ā€“ a ā€œghastlyā€ viral infection of the lymph nodes which he also contracted. ā€œDengue comes and goes. Itā€™s like driving around with a handbrake on for six to nine months.ā€ Prof Tim Spector, of Kingā€™s College London, estimates that a small but significant number of people are suffering from the ā€œlong tailā€ form of the virus.

Well, if itā€™s anything like my mystery virus, then itā€™s tail is as long as your life - it never really goes away. I fear that may indeed be the case here.

edit on 16-5-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
What if this virus has a random dormancy characteristic whereby it falls asleep /goes dormant at random once entering the human body be that on day 1, 3, 6, 13, 20, etc. And if it does not go to sleep/dormant within a specific time-frame it kills you for sure.

What if, what if, what if...

Keep on truckin RP2, you're fear-mongering is at least good for a laugh now and then...
Doubt you could guess my response.

edit on 16-5-2020 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Interestingly enough, there were more of these lesions on the right lung than on the left in every case.

First thought is it relates to the bodyā€™s slight a-symmetry. Am I right in thinking thereā€™s a-symmetry in the chestā€™s lymph nodes? Could that mean they do a better job of assisting the left lung?

Or conversely if the virus is using the immune system against us, could that ā€˜assistanceā€™ in fact be transporting more virus to that region?

Sorry if thatā€™s dumb, I. Know. Nothing...

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Slight asymmetry ... hmm. You got me thinking McG:

I wonder if the right lung vs left lung difference in lesion number has anything to do with the fact that the left lung sits closer to the heart (in the vast majority of people), and that leads to more mechanical agitation of the left lung from the beating heart, and perhaps even slightly better drainage back to the (closer) heart through the left pulmonary veins.

The reason for this could be secondary to the clotting component of the disease process in COVID-19. Clotting of blood in the pulmonary vessels may be in some way associated with the visible lesions on imaging studies.

Blood that flows better because it is draining into the heart from the lung on the closer side (or perhaps that is agitated by the immediately adjacent beating heart) perhaps clots a little less, leading to fewer visible lesions in the left lung versus the right. Just a theory.

To prove this you may need to find a bunch of people with the heart on the right side, to compare findings. These would be people with 'situs inversus' of the organs in the chest. These people are born with the positions of their organs reversed left to right. Hahahha ... but - that would be a hard study to do ... because situs inversus is uncommon.... But wow, fun to consider. You might be onto something McG

edit on 16-5-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: .

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join