It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

Actually, I'm pointing out that the survey results seem to be oddly skewed toward "traditional Chinese medicine" since only 3 - 5% of those surveyed use them yet they have the highest ranking for efficacy.

That, and among other conventional treatments chloroquine doesn't seem to be particularly highly rated.

edit on 5/18/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Actually, I'm pointing out that the survey results seem to be oddly skewed toward "traditional Chinese medicine" since only 3 - 5% of those surveyed use them yet they have the highest ranking for efficacy.

That, and among other conventional treatments chloroquine doesn't seem to be particularly highly rated.

I agree with your observations.... the results were, as I said, skewed by self-selection. It appears that many practitioners in China feel traditional Chinese medicine works best for their clients. An interesting site and worth a read and follow, but IMHO not as good as MedRxIv or PubMed.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

I said it takes everyone the exact same as you. Unfortunately like you they are all blessed with a lack of real world gumption to do anything.

Covid-19 fear of - killing granny, making them infertile and now causing long term unknown health issues is making them wait for a treatment or a vaccine.

What are you doing about it ? following the rules or ?

So much political point scoring, hindsight being 2020 to criticize action taken with selected amnesia on their own actions is causing way to much confusion for the public.

Individuals are having to make the decision - going for the herd live vaccine or wait it out for chemical vaccine. Stay safe isolate and wash your hands.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

humm, funny way of pointing it out by not mentioning it was skewed figures.
As mentioned to you before in another thread where you are appearing to hope that the treatments of 56% or patients not in ICU and 46% in ICU fails or is worthless.

Does the 37% number you belittle represent a far greater number of saved lives opposed to your higher rated Tea drinkers?

You really hate the idea of chloroquine working don't you?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   

As mentioned to you before in another thread where you are appearing to hope that the treatments of 56% or patients not in ICU and 46% in ICU fails or is worthless.
I have no idea what you are talking about.
I expressed no nope about any treatment.

You really hate the idea of chloroquine working don't you?
No.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
so why say

chloroquine doesn't seem to be particularly highly rated.
out of all the treatments why highlight that 1 and not mention the highly rated ones.

What is the agenda here?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   

out of all the treatments why highlight that 1 and not mention the highly rated ones.

I did. "Traditional Chinese medicine" was the most highly rated treatment. I pointed that out.

If you can't figure out that my point was that the survey is essentially meaningless, that's your problem.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Busted: Pentagon Contractors’ Report on ‘Wuhan Lab’ Origins of Virus Is Bogus

uk.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
a reply to: McGinty

I said it takes everyone the exact same as you. Unfortunately like you they are all blessed with a lack of real world gumption to do anything.

Covid-19 fear of - killing granny, making them infertile and now causing long term unknown health issues is making them wait for a treatment or a vaccine.

What are you doing about it ? following the rules or ?

So much political point scoring, hindsight being 2020 to criticize action taken with selected amnesia on their own actions is causing way to much confusion for the public.

Individuals are having to make the decision - going for the herd live vaccine or wait it out for chemical vaccine. Stay safe isolate and wash your hands.

What the hell are you babbling about? What’s your pathetic attempts at personal insults got to do with the points I made (not political point scoring if they’re based upon empirical facts, such as rich schools staying closed/poor schools being forced to open).

‘Selective amnesia’? Which part of the Tory virus response am I selecting to forget? Which is part that makes sense of their total frak up of the past 3 months?

And what does ‘ What are you doing about it ? following the rules or ?’ mean?

Surprise surprise I’m following my common sense. I’m distancing and washing cos that’s all we can do till there’s more evidence. I’m not shaking everyone’s hand like Boris suggested, while Italians were dying. I’m not going to the cheltenham festival to be part of an epidemic epicentre like Boris allowed.

That’s not hindsight, it’s something I and loads others were shouting at the tv when that Nazi twat was doing these things. He’s either a moron, of fracking evil.

Get your head out ya you know what, pal and give rationales, instead of throwing your toys out your pram when someone suggests caution for the sake of ‘grannys’ (as you put it)!

Lack of ‘real world gumption‘, my arse! Try saying that to someone in the real world next time your out, Mr Gumption, or do you just throw insults from the safety of mummy’s basement? Go on, please give it a try - you’ll be in for a shock to the jaw bone. That’s how we non-private school, council estate raised peasants, left to rot by the rich deal with silver spoon twats that defend that mercenary, psycho elite with their jackboots forever aiming for our heads.

I don’t normally take the bait around here, but having the half arsed, blinkered guile to defend the Tories near attempted genocide of a generation that worked their arses off to feed and cloth idiots like you makes you a special case. The Tories knowingly sent infected patients from hospitals back into care homes to spread the virus and you want to defend that - to downplay that as a paranoid fear of ‘killing grannies’. What’s paranoid about over 10,000 dead in care homes - well above the average. I hope you one day get to swallow those words with first hand experience.

edit on 18-5-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
The anti-inflammatory drug hydroxychloroquine does not significantly reduce admission to intensive care or death in patients hospitalised with pneumonia due to covid-19, finds a study from France published by The BMJ today.

No Zinc? If not, as a study evaluating the treatment protocol that claims to work, it is worthless.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: deccal
a reply to: Byrd
Is vitamin D good or bad? Should we take it in order to protect us or the opposite? Could you please elaborate? Thanks

The jury is still out on this as far as I'm concerned.

D (natural D3) is extremely important to a strong, vital immune system.

The potential problem is, according to Dr. Andrew Weil, vitamin D can activate the specific inflammation pathway and inflammatory molecule, IL-1B, which characterizes and contributes to symptomatic COVID-19 infection. The vitamin D should be discontinued while symptoms are present and can be resumed upon return to health.

I recently learned about this possibility, but I'm not sure I'm convinced.

Here is an NIH study that appears to look at this, but I'm not grokking the results. Table 1 references things I cannot decipher (Stimulation Method?)...

It appears there are specific circumstances where D may be pro-inflammatory, but I'm leaning towards it being attributed to the wrong form (artificial D2), or too much, or something else... maybe someone else can decipher the chart and elaborate?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

This is one of those "couldn't hurt" moves... take a daily vitamin supplement -and/or- take a Vitamin D supplement (but don't OVERindulge in it with massive multiple doses.)

Actually, that is where it shines - as long as it is the natural D3 form, not the synthetic D2.

All studies showing extreme toxicity of D used D2, and any study that don't differentiate are worthless.

Alternatively, plan to spend 20 minutes or more outside every day if you can. Don't forget your sunscreen!

Sunscreen can defeat the purpose though, as it is the UVB, that sunscreen blocks, that you need for Vitamin D production - not to mention the toxic chemicals most contain.

The best sunscreen is Vitamin C water - which will also cure sunburn (skin returns to normal overnight, no peeling etc) if applied topically. But it also must be applied constantly, especially if you're going in/out of the water at the beach.
edit on 18-5-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

I can't PM you back because I am still in noob status. I just wanted to tell you that I really appreciate you reaching out to me to clear up some of my concerns. I hope you and your family stay safe and healthy. Thank you!

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Investors press release, picked up by the press (so it's phrased in a very spectacular and attractive way. Please note that I'm inherently skeptical of ANYTHING on PR Wire)

Moderna press Release

CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 18, 2020-- Moderna, Inc., (Nasdaq: MRNA) a clinical stage biotechnology company pioneering messenger RNA (mRNA) therapeutics and vaccines to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients, today announced positive interim clinical data of mRNA-1273, its vaccine candidate against novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), from the Phase 1 study led by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).

Immunogenicity data are currently available for the 25 µg and 100 µg dose level (ages 18-55) after two doses (day 43) and at the 250 µg level (ages 18-55) after one dose (day 29). Dose dependent increases in immunogenicity were seen across the three dose levels, and between prime and boost within the 25 µg and 100 µg dose levels. All participants ages 18-55 (n=15 per cohort) across all three dose levels seroconverted by day 15 after a single dose.

Basic translation of the medical gibberish is "we gave volunteers between ages 18 and 55 a dose of the vaccine and within 15 days, all of them showed antibodies for Covid-19. The amount of antibodies in their blood depended on how much of the dose they'd been given."

edit on 18-5-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
A second vaccine (British) against Covid-19 pneumonia is also going through human trials. Dubbed ChAdOx1 (not very catchy), it's been shown to be safe and effective in animal trials. Human trials began in late April

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

A second vaccine (British) against Covid-19 pneumonia is also going through human trials. Dubbed ChAdOx1 (not very catchy), it's been shown to be safe and effective in animal trials. Human trials began in late April

All I see is Chadox1. I guess it's better than Kyleox1.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ravallli county and yellowstone county each got one new case in montana but still no new deaths oddy apparently per a fb post i saw gavin newsome is in Hamilton Montana shopping yesterday which is in ravalli county

en.wikipedia.org...

Hamilton (Kalispel-Pend d'Oreille: čɫc̓lc̓lé[5]) is a city in and the county seat of Ravalli County, Montana, United States.[6] The population was 4,348 at the 2010 census. Significant outlying population growth is shown in the area; the ZIP Code Tabulation Area for Hamilton's ZIP Code, 59840, had a population of 12,979 at the United States Census Bureau 2013 estimate. If the city of Hamilton annexed all the area in its zipcode it would be the 8th largest city in Montana.[7]
so wonder if one of his guards brought it with them as hes not doing the 14 day quarantine id imagine hes at his wifes ranch in stevensville also in Ravalli county with a wopping population of 1800ish helenair.com...

San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom took a break from his busy job and gubernatorial ambitions to marry actress Jennifer Siebel on Saturday at Siebel’s parents’ Montana ranch. It is the 34-year-old Siebel’s first marriage and the second for Newsom, who divorced legal analyst Kimberly Guilfoyle in March 2006. Newsom met Siebel in October 2006 and they have been together ever since. Siebel was at Newsom’s side when he was sworn in for his second term as mayor in January. She also stood by him after he publicly admitted to having had an affair with a staff member’s wife and a drinking problem. U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi traveled to Montana to attend the wedding as did other friends and family. Siebel is an actress who has appeared in the NBC television series ‘‘Life’’ and who attended Stanford Business School.
so here is to hoping cases dont go up as tourists famous or not keep showing up

edit to add it appears to be fake news www.kulr8.com...
edit on 18-5-2020 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere (No BNO) :

www.worldometers.info...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yep, President Trump during today's press briefing that he's been taking a hydroxychloroquine pill every day for the past several weeks.

www.independent.co.uk...

The talking heads in the media are going ballistic!

huge huge news!

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The Navajo Nation reports that Covid-19 has killed 103 people; more deaths per capita than most of America

The coronavirus spread rapidly throughout crowded cities in the country. But one rural area has more COVID-19 cases per capita than nearly any other place in the United States: the Navajo Nation.

The Navajo reservation is almost as big as the state of South Carolina. And on much of it, there aren't paved roads or running water.

Speaking with Morning Edition host Rachel Martin on Wednesday, the president of the Navajo Nation, Jonathan Nez, said that out of the more than 20,250 Navajo people tested for the coronavirus, 3,245 have tested positive for COVID-19. "We have 103 deaths on the Navajo Nation," he said.

The condition on reservations horrifies me. I have sent money to their charities and supported them when I could. This is heartbreaking.

Doctors Without Borders showed up to help.... but truthfully, this is where our military medics and other resources could have shown up and constructed field hospitals and done something for the Navajo Nation, if they had been ordered to go and help.

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join