It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Yes, I am aware of the standard statistics out there around smoking... I have also spent an inordinate amount of time trying to trace down the facts or the sources behind many of those studies, and the methodologies are dubious at best, or hidden behind "proprietary process" so we are not allowed to know how they actually reached their figures.

I'm not saying smoking doesn't have bad effects (as someone mentioned a couple posts ago "everything in moderation"), but I am saying that those effects have often been exaggerated way beyond reason by financial interest. For instance (from memory... so don't quote me on this as I would have to go find the study again for exact figures), Benzonitrile, one of the more nasty chemicals flagged in cigarette smoke, is present in most household cleaning products at rates magnitudes higher than tobacco. It was something like a single dose of cleaning product (cleaning the bathroom once), was the chemical equivalent of 10,000 cigarettes.

The point is that the standards and assumptions around tobacco make much of the research dubious at best, and at a time when it seems a readily available compound, that is demonized by society, may offer an excellent addition to the health landscape to deal with the Pandemic, rather than exploring the potential benefits, we/they are trying to monetize it and concentrate more on the negative effects of smoking than the potential positives of a cheap and readily available drug.

We are not allowed to research or have opinions on it... all the way down to a questioner being attacked and turned into a demon who doesn't care about people who die of lung cancer (my dad did too by the way)... the whole argument landscape is non-engaging, and hostile to inquiry, by its very nature (thanks anti smoking lobby for your nefarious tactics).

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Peak Prosperity showing an interesting slide on todays update

Public obtained data shows ''devices'' active in a certain area (I beleive its phones/tablets/laptops or cars)
It shows you average devices turned on between july 2019 and march 2020 around the Wuhan Virus Institute

Then it shows you 5 days from October 14 - 19 and its dead.

Ergo, China locked down the compound in early October

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   
If I can see it in the military "skynet" of spying, I would believe it 100%. But surely Sniffy boy would have known this by now and Trump also back then with daily meeting with the intel and brass people.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Early October eh, well if this indeed accurate I suspect China will be regretting the decision to keep quiet about in the not too distant future.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Early October eh, well if this indeed accurate I suspect China will be regretting the decision to keep quiet about in the not too distant future.

All's cool. Be up soon with a load of our best pizza wood. Just stand downwind and we''ll raise a couple of glasses. Looking forward to oven cooked pizza. Eating Fish fingers and potato gems this evening. Love your work!

Kind regards as always,

Bally

edit on 13-5-2020 by bally001 because: Spellin nazi type

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: puzzlesphere
The Alzheimer's rate in smokers is seventy percent less than in non smokers

Is it possible that this is partially due to smokers not living as long as non-smokers, so not as many smokers reach an age common to Alzheimer's?

edit on 13-5-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

From the research I've seen, similarly aged smokers have much reduced plaque levels in their brains than non smokers (which may or may not be related to Alzheimer's), but the studies I've seen in this area do seem take the age of death into account.

So regardless of age, there seems to be a reduced rate of Alzheimer's in smokers. (Though going on memory here... so grain of salt).

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

It's good mate you won't be disappointed, I've got my first gig at the end of the month...happy days.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

I hope your son is recovering from the autoimmune encephalitis. It’s so fortunate that you had the expertise to point the doctors in the right direction.

Strange that the Covid/Kawasaki condition isn’t a bigger story. You saw 3 kids come in with it while in the hospital and I doubt that hospital is exceptional in that regard. Since this new mystery condition has been reported globally hospital admissions are probably a similar picture in much of the world. It was never really a story in the U.K.s MSM, despite it being a genuine phenomena; it was very quickly sidelined and ignored. Perhaps many governments worry that it’ll scare parents into not sending their children back to school, which in turn prevents parents from working (the latter appears to be by far the priority in the U.K.)

I’m trying to follow the fascinating discourse between you and SoulReaper, but I’m way outta my depth so forgive me if I’m wrong. Are you guys agreeing that a big component of the Covid timeline in the infected depends greatly upon iron levels? Too much iron builds up creating free radicals which cause the cytokine storm?

If so, with this scary new Covid related ‘kawasaki-esque’ condition (I’ve also seen it compared to toxic shock) in mind, is it worth prophylactically trying to cut iron levels in a child? If so, would it be best to look at diet - cutting iron rich food (meat and veg!?!), or are their chelators safe for kids (mine is an 8 yr old boy). Or could cutting a child’s iron cause other issues that make it a bad idea?

After reading SoulReaper’s thread some time ago I’ve already stopped taking my iron supplements and drinking lots of green tea, but that was before this new condition appeared in children. No way I’m going to convince my kid to drink green tea without restraints and a funnel

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Wow, that seems to be a smoking gun! Impressive that they managed to keep this relatively quiet until now.

Forgive me for not having time to watch the 51min vid right now, so at the risk of this having been answered in the vid... being what looks like a large area in a densely populated city which has a number of westerners living there wouldn’t news of this shutdown have gotten out far sooner?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: bally001

It's good mate you won't be disappointed, I've got my first gig at the end of the month...happy days.

PM on its way.

Bally

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Over here in the UK the Medical profession and Government began running the 'smoking is bad for you' 'smoking kills you' slogan back in early 2000's but it ramped up big time around 2010 and onwards. I'm wondering if the Medical pro's knew that something within the tobacco was actually good for us which prevents us from catching colds, flu's etc..

I do remember when I smoked, I never had any flu's or had any teeth fillings but when I stopped smoking, I got my first hole in my tooth. And have since had another 3 fillings, I'm thinking the tar on my teeth actually prevented other stuff from affecting my teeth. It actually provided a leyer of protection, just like it seems to be doing with this virus when it attacks the lungs!

Interesting if true.

I am still off the cigarettes since 2008 and still havn't had any colds/flu's so I dunno if what I just said makes any sense. In any case I was never a heavy smoker, only 2 or 3 a day plus weed back in the day.

Definitely makes you think the Medical Pro's and Government were hiding the good effects of smoking and maybe this wuflu is a godsend. There's something in the tobacco that is very good for us, just like the cannabinoids in marijuana.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is the most informative video that I've seen that is also really easy understand. Apologies if it's already been posted.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I don't often feel the need to contribute to this thread, but I've noticed a lot of people discussing the use of nicotine with Covid. I don't know anything about all the science of it, but I came across something interesting a while back.

The Shipibo people in Peru are using a blend of mapacho (nicotiana rustica) and mucura (petiveria alliacea) as a preventive for Covid. I'm attempting to link an Instagram video of how they are taking this medicine. Sorry if you can't view insta, its the only place the video is available. I noticed some discussion here about medicinal use vs recreational of nicotine, and thought some might find it interesting how these indigenous people's medicine kind of lines up with some of these early reports coming out.. Warning, its kind of gross, there's some gagging. In case you can't view it, they combine these two plants into a liquid and then snort it basically. The video shows a healer giving the medicine to another healer.

www.instagram.com...

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: asdfas
This is the most informative video that I've seen that is also really easy understand. Apologies if it's already been posted.

A tool and half!

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
If I can see it in the military "skynet" of spying, I would believe it 100%. But surely Sniffy boy would have known this by now and Trump also back then with daily meeting with the intel and brass people.
Who is saying Trump wasn't briefed in his daily briefing with intel people?

China lied about origin of coronavirus, leaked intelligence report says

a senior intelligence source told Fox News that while most intelligence agencies believe COVID-19 originated in the Wuhan lab, “it was thought to have been released accidentally.”

That's probably what happened, and the intel agencies knew it, and they likely told Trump, how could they not?

So why didn't Trump raise a fit?

As it turns out, it was Trump's country that was funding the dangerous research at the Wuhan lab, conducted at a not very secure facility only operating at BioSafetyLevel-2, and not the BioSafetyLevel-4 used for more dangerous viruses. So accusations directed at China might not turn out too well when they boomerang back to the funding source for the research in the US, and apparently nobody in the US complained about the BSL-2 operating conditions before the outbreak, and gave very little if any oversight to how the money was spent. So the USA doesn't exactly have "clean hands" in this matter, even if the leak actually happened in China's lab.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Numbers from around the world are taken from Worldometers for May 13th.

Spain - Pop: 44.6 M
271,095 Positive tests…….. or 1 out of 172 Spaniards
9.99% Deaths of positive tested
National Deaths (27,104) 1 per 1,722

Italy - Pop: 60.4 M
222,104 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 272 Italians
14.00 % Deaths of positive tested
National Deaths (31,106) 1 per 1,944

UK – Pop: 66.6 M
229,705 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 290 UKers
14.44 % Deaths of positive tested
National Deaths (33,186) 1 per 2,008

France – Pop: 67.0 M
178,225 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 376 French
15.14 % Deaths of positive tested
National Deaths (26,991) 1 per 2,482

Sweden – Pop: 10.2 M
27,909 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 367 Swedes
12.39 % Deaths of positive tested
National Deaths (3,460) 1 per 2,957

Denmark – Pop: 5.8 M
10,667 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 544 Danes
4.99 % Deaths of positive tested
National Deaths (533) 1 per 10,882

US - Pop: 330 M
1,412,440 Positive tests.... or 1 out of 234 Americans
5.92 % Deaths of positive tested
National Deaths 1 per 3,945

US death rates (2017):
1. Heart Disease …………….…………647,457 annual or 1,773 daily average
2. Cancer ……………………..……….….599,108 annual or 1,641 daily average
3. Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936 annual or 465 daily average
6. Alzheimer’s disease:…….……….121,404 annual or 332 daily average

COVID-19 ………………………………………. 83,644(74 Day) or 1130 daily average

*** SURPASSED *****

7. Diabetes:………………………………….83,564 annual or 228 daily average
8. Influenza and Pneumonia …………55,562 annual or 152 daily average
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis:..50,633 annual or 138 daily average
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide):..47,173 annual or 129 daily average
X. Auto accidents ………………….………37,461 annual or 102 daily average
X. H1N1 2009 ESTIMATED (8,868 – 18,638) for 1 year or 24 – 50 daily average

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc
I have a question for you. Two years ago I had VATS surgery to correct a collapsed lung (spontaneous pneumothorax). They performed a mechanical pleurodesis and a few other smaller procedures during the surgery. I am fully recovered and in the best shape of my life with no known health conditions. Do you feel I am a "high risk" if I catch this? I also have a very good immune system, I have only had a cold in the last two years. I am just trying to assure my wife that if I get sick I should be able to fight this off. If you want to PM me I can give you more details if you need them.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES ONLY!!!
....not alternative therapies or diagnosis

...not debating and/or bickering

...not chit chat, diet advice, SOAP BOX speeches, recipes, political trolling, class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
well im hoping they dont rise but the tourists are showing up least in NW montana i went out to get food today and counted about 11 out of state plates (NJ,nebraska,co,arkansas,3 candian provences,two tx plates and ca plates ) but we still been doing way better then most

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join