It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Immune cells (including T-cells) upregulate cd147 in response to liver inflammation. So liver distress may be a common pathway to serious or critical outcome in that it causes both iron dysregulation and immune cell susceptibility.

The upshot is that in the early stages of disease progression you have a dampened immune response and a silent uptake of iron into the cells. So you can have very mild symptoms for 10-14 days even as the iron is loading to dangerous intra cellular levels and then experience rapidly escalating symptoms and decompensate in a matter of hours.

Most people can maintain adequate liver and renal function and sufficient immune response to control viral loads. They are able to avoid the cascading iron overload conditions and corresponding cytokine storm and generally recover.

This is only one potential factor of many which can cause complications. Biology is a complex arena.

Soul

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
HCQ is be discontinued because there are to good at bonding to heart cells -- hence don't give it to heart patients.

He didn't say it was discontinued just for heart patients.
1:11:15
"hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) has been discontinued in clinical trials, mostly due to cardiotoxicity"
It sounds like it might save you from death by COVID-19, only to die from a heart attack instead? In some cases at least.

I wish he had given more details about that, instead of just making that statement. I'm not sure what numbers they're basing that on. The cardiotoxocity of HCQ was known back in 2013 but it was thought to be a rare though potentially fatal complication:

Hydroxychloroquine cardiotoxicity presenting as a rapidly evolving biventricular cardiomyopathy: key diagnostic features and literature review

But if he's got recent research that caused HCQ to be discontinued in clinical trials, I haven't found it yet, did anybody else find that?

We knew about the FDA warning about heart issues with the Z-pack that was sometimes used in conjucntion with HCQ, I posted about that earlier.

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Interesting... I thought it was the hydroxychloraquine they were saying could cause heart problems... or maybe it is both...
The FDA warning is about potential cardiac complications from the Z-pack. The paper above was about rare heart complications with HCQ, but maybe now they are finding those complications aren't so rare. That video indicates they know why there are heart complications using HCQ, because of certain receptors in the heart it binds to.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Had a fairly fanciful big picture thought about Covid in an evolutionary context...

What if those that are resilient against, or even immune to Covid are also (without their knowledge) resilient or immune to another serious condition (or multiple conditions) such as HIV/AIDS, MS or types of cancer? I imagine this hasn’t been tested for, because of course everything is rightly focused upon Covid..

But if it was the case, then Covid would in the very long run be beneficial to our species, since it reduces the gene pool of disease susceptible DNA. Perhaps a forthcoming more deadly strain will do that with even more efficiency. After a generation or two what’s left no longer suffers Covid nor, for example HIV.

That’s pretty dark and sounds an awful lot like nazi eugenics, which of course I hope we all find abhorrent. But when it’s nature making those moves it’s no doubt cruel, but a slightly less abhorrent pill to swallow. In generations to come folk will thank nature for making them immune to more of the meanies that besiege us now.

Like I said - fanciful big picture speculation. But, while the blood of those more resilient to Covid is no doubt being tested ad infinitum for a Covid vaccine, it would be interesting to test the blood for resilience to the spectrum of other diseases and ailments to see if there’s maybe a potential vaccine or clue towards defeating other things as well as Covid. HIV springs to mind first because of Covid apparent strange similarity. What if there’s a hidden gift within this no less horrific enigma?

——————

On a whacky side not... (now please apply tin foil to cranium)

What if it’s not nature? What if for profit, or to benefit a few or single nation, or a highly misguided sense of philanthropy, a psycho scientist or state thought a good way to find a vaccine for something (such as HIV) was to release a highly infectious (therefore less deadly) version of it into a population; for argument’s sake by attaching HIV to a Coronavirus.

Voila, suddenly there’s an instantly amassing pool of subjects resistant to their Franken-virus, whom are potentially resistant to HIV (only using that as an example). From these individual one might have greater chance of finding solutions to the original more deadly version.

It’s a screwed up logic, but there’s plenty of president for screwed up logic throughout human history. Don’t massacre me, I know it high speculation verging on science fiction.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Update May 12, 2020 Tuesday Tokyo time: 7 pm
Hello ATS members. Well, a lot has been happening around many places and it seems like more govt. are letting businesses open with very strict restrictions. Which is good. But I saw some videos about people are not listening to restrictions and going about as nothing serious can happen to them.
Keep in mind that there is "NO SECOND WAVE"

1. Italy: Psychologists have teamed up from the public, private and NGO sectors, offering their help free of charge in response to the mental health emergency.

2. Disney has reopened its Shanghai Disneyland park to a reduced number of visitors, ending a more than three-month closure caused by the coronavirus outbreak.

3. China news: On Monday, it reported 17 new cases nationally - the highest daily increase since 28 April - bringing the total number of cases to 82,918, with the death toll at 4,633.
This is why the virus is here to stay. Because of selfish crazy assho$2s like this joker: South Korea says the number of coronavirus infections connected to nightclubs in Seoul has risen to 93.The flare-up is linked to people who visited the Itaewon district on May 2, during a four-day holiday.Ministry officials told reporters on Tuesday that the new cases include nightclub customers and family members.They are asking everyone to immediately take PCR tests, but they are still unable to contact more than 3,000 people. Officials in Seoul say the tests can be taken anonymously and people who intentionally avoid testing can be fined about 1,600 dollars.

4. Don’t do it folks: Japan's Prime Minister Abe Shinzo says clinical trials of a vaccine for the coronavirus are expected to begin in the country as early as July.Abe made the disclosure at a Lower House Budget Committee session on Monday.He noted that vaccine tests in humans have already started in the United States.Abe said vaccines are being developed at several institutions in Japan, including the University of Tokyo, Osaka University and the National Institute of Infectious Diseases.

5. Toyota to dive 80% in profit: Toyota Motor Corp. on Tuesday forecast a sharp drop in sales and operating profit over the coming year as the car giant suffers from the "wide-ranging, significant and serious" fallout from the coronavirus pandemic that has shredded the global auto market.
6. The Treasury Department and the IRS are urging taxpayers who want to get their economic impact payments directly deposited to their bank accounts to enter their information online by Wednesday.
7. The government has sent out about 130 million payments in the first four weeks of the program by both direct deposit and by mail.
8. The IRS said Monday that people should use the “Get My Payment " tool on the IRS website by noon on Wednesday to provide their direct deposit information.

9. After that time, the agency will begin preparing millions of files to send to Bureau of Financial Services for paper checks that will begin arriving through late May and into June. The government cannot provide direct deposit once the process of sending a paper check has commenced.

10. The Get My Payment tool can be used to check on the status of a payment or provide direct deposit information. It has not always operated smoothly, but the IRS said many of its early glitches have been resolved.

11. Any U.S. citizen with a valid Social Security number who makes up to $75,000 will get a payment of $1,200; married couples who file jointly and earn less than $150,000 will get $2,400. The payment steadily declines for those who make more, and phases out for those who earn more than $99,000; or $198,000 for married couples. The thresholds are different for those who file as head of household. Parents will get $500 for each eligible child as well.

12. The government will automatically send payments based on the information provided in 2019 or 2018 tax returns. Automatic payments will also be sent to those receiving Social Security retirement, disability benefits, Railroad Retirement benefits, Veterans Affairs benefits or Supplemental Security Income soon, according to the IRS.

13. MIM’s “Street Talk”: As I stated, 95% of businesses doing business in China will remain doing business in China. Nice to be in love with your economic enemy. :
The Ministry of Commerce told some key foreign companies they can apply for exemptions to the entry ban if they want to get executives back into China, the people said, asking not to be identified because the matter hasn’t been made public. They would still serve a mandatory quarantine, one of the people said.
The move is the latest sign that China, which has banned almost all foreigners from entering since late March, is taking steps to reopen its borders for business. China has had some success in containing the outbreak, which first emerged in the central city of Wuhan, and businesses such as Shanghai Disneyland reopened on Monday, with health checks and social-distancing measures.

14. Russia: Over the past 24 hours, 10,559 new cases of coronavirus infection have been detected in 82 regions of Russia.

15. Mexico: 36400 cases of infections and 3600 deaths. I’m trying to get info for the Tijuana area. I wonder if this is hard hit also.
This is good news for Hong Kong: Hong Kong again reported no new coronavirus cases on Tuesday, leaving the city’s total number of infections at 1,047.The last confirmed cases – three of them, all imported – came on Sunday, while the most recent locally transmitted infection was reported 23 days ago.

Update: May 12, 2020 Tuesday Tokyo time: 7pm

On the 12th, a total of 72 people were infected in 10 municipalities nationwide, including 28 in Tokyo and 13 in Hokkaido, and 12 dead in Japan, including 6 dead in Hokkaido. The number of people confirmed to be infected in Japan was 16,040 including quarantine at the airport, and 712 passengers and crew on Yokohama Port cruise ships, for a total of 16,752. The number of people who died in Japan is 669, and the number of passengers on the Yokohama Port cruise ship is 13, totaling 682.

According to each municipality, here are the cases
Tokyo: 4987
Osaka: 1750
Kanagawa: 1186
Hokkaido: 979
Saitama: 966
Chiba 880 people
Hyogo prefecture 694 people
Fukuoka prefecture 655 people
Aichi prefecture 503 people
Kyoto prefecture 356 people
Ishikawa prefecture 283 people
Toyama prefecture 221 people
Ibaraki prefecture 168 people
Hiroshima prefecture 165 people People
Gifu prefecture 150 people
Gunma prefecture 147 people
Okinawa prefecture 142 people
Fukui prefecture 122 people
Shiga prefecture 97 people
Nara prefecture 90 people
Miyagi prefecture 88 people
Fukushima prefecture, Niigata prefecture 81
75 in Nagano
74 in Kochi
73 in Shizuoka
69 in Yamagata
63 in Wakayama
60 in Oita
56 in Tochigi and Yamanashi
Ehime , 48 in Kumamoto
45 in Mie and Saga
37 in Yamaguchi
28 in Kagawa
27 in Aomori
25 in Okayama
24 in Shimane
Nagasaki and Miyazaki prefectures have 17 people
Akita prefecture has 16 people
Kagoshima prefecture has 10 people
Tokushima prefecture has 5 people
Tottori prefecture has 3 people.

In addition,
2 people were confirmed infected at Narita Airport on the 12th, 314 people including those confirmed by quarantine at the airport and crew members of cruise ships at Nagasaki Port,
people returning from China by charter aircraft Are 14 people.

Just opened:

edit on 0500000038442020-05-12T05:44:38-05:00443805am5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Numbers from around the world are taken from Worldometers for May 12th.

Spain - Pop: 44.6 M
269,520 Positive tests…….. or 1 out of 173 Spaniards
9.98% Deaths of positive tested
National Deaths (26,920) 1 per 1,733

Italy - Pop: 60.4 M
221,216 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 273 Italians
13.97 % Deaths of positive tested
National Deaths (30,911) 1 per 1,957

UK – Pop: 66.6 M
226,463 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 294 UKers
14.43 % Deaths of positive tested
National Deaths (32,692) 1 per 2,039

France – Pop: 67.0 M
177,423 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 378 French
15.01 % Deaths of positive tested
National Deaths (26,643) 1 per 2,514

Sweden – Pop: 10.2 M
27,272 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 375 Swedes
12.14 % Deaths of positive tested
National Deaths (3,313) 1 per 3,088

Denmark – Pop: 5.8 M
10,591 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 548 Danes
5.03 % Deaths of positive tested
National Deaths (533) 1 per 10,882

US - Pop: 330 M
1,370.850 Positive tests.... or 1 out of 241 Americans
5.89 % Deaths of positive tested
National Deaths 1 per 4,081

US death rates (2017):
1. Heart Disease …………….…………647,457 annual or 1,773 daily average
2. Cancer ……………………..……….….599,108 annual or 1,641 daily average
3. Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936 annual or 465 daily average
6. Alzheimer’s disease:…….……….121,404 annual or 332 daily average
7. Diabetes:………………………………….83,564 annual or 228 daily average

COVID-19 ………………………………………. 81,909 (73 Day) or 1122 daily average

*** SURPASSED *****

8. Influenza and Pneumonia …………55,562 annual or 152 daily average
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis:..50,633 annual or 138 daily average
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide):..47,173 annual or 129 daily average
X. Auto accidents ………………….………37,461 annual or 102 daily average
X. H1N1 2009 ESTIMATED (8,868 – 18,638) for 1 year or 24 – 50 daily average

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Wait, we’re getting another round of $1200? I hadn’t heard about that, this isn’t just for finishing up the first round of payments, is it?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: deccal
I want to ask something.
Are there scientific data that this virus damages organs permanently? If yes, does it damage even those who recovered lightly?
Thanks..

No. Most if not all of the reports you may have read about have to do with lung damage, but it has since been determined that that damage is actually being caused by the ventilators.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere (No BNO) :

www.worldometers.info...

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The only two Financial Times Graphs left that are updated (More info and interactive Graphs at the link) :

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoNotYabiz
a reply to: musicismagic

Wait, we’re getting another round of $1200? I hadn’t heard about that, this isn’t just for finishing up the first round of payments, is it?

Here's the Fox News article on it

Same, from Business Insider

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Since we wondered about this earlier, an article published in Nicotine & Tobacco Research Journal:

Beyond Smoking Cessation: Investigating Medicinal Nicotine to Prevent and Treat COVID-19

The brief translation here:
* there's a difference between medical nicotine and smoking nicotine.
* medical nicotine may help prevent inflammation (note that smoking isn't recommended) and reduce infection in a patient.
* nicotine seems to reduce the receptors for Covid-19 in cells
* IF (the paper says it's a big if) it reduces receptors, it can be used to treat inflammation and virus load in a patient.
* reminds the reader that medical nicotine is different than cigarette smoke.

...interesting stuff

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
And still no UK recovery data - it's so odd now.
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

How is medical nicotine different from nicotine? I scanned through, but the only difference I could see mentioned was the "smoking" part... and the fact that medical nicotine was bought and paid for, and so, expensive to the end user.

Otherwise, the study is actually based on the fact that smokers seem to have a lower rate of Covid19, so the nicotine in smoke works, regardless if it is "medically approved" (it is quite literally what they based the study on, then tried to shift th results to a profit model) by an agency that stands to make profit from the medical side.

So what about vaping, or other delivery methods? What about growing it yourself and ingesting it?

Does it have to be synthetic, or synthetically derived, and approved by some arbitrary body for use?

Is smoking really that bad, or does the rate of hot particles in the atmosphere have more effect on cancers, and why do historically hot particle and cancer rates correlate?

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

The only other country not supplying that data seems to be the Netherlands. Does that suggest a common reason, or coincidence?

The U.K. government have been knee deep trying to rewrite history to cover the massive scale of their multiple mistakes. I imagine the retention of that data it’s integral to that cover up.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

Some excellent questions! I’m rather glad I don’t know how to answer them, but looking forward to reading the answers should they arrive.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

USA about to pass CCP in having more deaths then their "cases"

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I was looking into tobacco Essential Oil way back at the beginning of March because of the nicotine....I'll have to go back and have another look

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

Doing some research on the Spanish influenza outbreak , I found one reference with regards to smoking, the article stated that a Kentucky man who was a non smoker was taking up the habit because the word was going around that smokers didn't get the Flue. Which may or may not be relevant to the present situation. Their were other interesting snippets gleaned with regards to smokers. The Alzheimer's rate in smokers is seventy percent less than in non smokers, that would be enough for a big corporation via the WHO to demonize smoking and sell Nicotine for an inflated price. The whole thing stinks and its not Tobacco causing the smell. During the Plague the people that picked up the bodies were said to keep a pipe going so they didn't catch it. Pipe smokers lived longer than non smokers, if its a stress reliver then the immune system would benefit,up to a certain dosage, like many things to much would be bad, to little non effective.
Just a note in addition exactly the same tactic was used to demonize cannabis, in this example , it was used to treat about forty medical conditions, where the substitutes were poor replacements but highly profitable for certain parties.
edit on 12-5-2020 by anonentity because: add

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere

How is medical nicotine different from nicotine?

I have absolutely no idea, since I'm not a tobacco researcher. My *educated guess* is that it's purer (no other additives), and a consistent dose. What came to mind (and is probably wrong) was something like the nicotine patches.

Cigarettes and tobacco have a heck of a lot more stuff in them than nicotine.

So what about vaping, or other delivery methods? What about growing it yourself and ingesting it?

Does it have to be synthetic, or synthetically derived, and approved by some arbitrary body for use?

Zero idea. But it's not a good idea to just dose yourself up with something without knowing the right dosage, number of dosages per day, etc.

Is smoking really that bad

Ask anyone with COPD or lung cancer or emphysema.

or does the rate of hot particles in the atmosphere have more effect on cancers, and why do historically hot particle and cancer rates correlate?

The incidence of lung cancer and COPD and emphysema among non-smokers is much, much lower.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulReaper

This timeline also fits for kids suffering from the Kawasaki like symptoms. My son is having episodes of what we believe is autoimmune encephalitis and we saw 3 kids brought in during his stay with Kawasaki/Covid. That’s a whole other story but I finally convinced them to do a spinal tap because AE is notorious for not showing up on imaging and guess what, pleocytosis and WBCs in the CSF.

Back on topic:

Between that, RBC binding and hitting endothelial cells plus organs we could have a problem in vulnerable groups like kids who have issues regulating these things. They compensate better than adults and once they cross that line it’s bad very quickly. The nurse said it’s weirding them out but these kids test positive for COVID, present with mild symptoms for about two weeks and then start showing petechia and these other problems.

We’re starting to explain all these weird conditions.

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join