It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

(These are the numbers from the usual time, about 2-3 hrs ago, I got caught up in a documentary, or two, on youtube...)

If you, and other ATS friends enjoy a good conspiracy theory surrounding this whole tragic affair, have a gander at Amazing Polly's YT video.
"The Global Health Mafia Protection Racket". Runtime, 39 mins.

She makes some interesting connections!

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Dr. ANTHONY FAUCI has begun a "modified" Self-Quarantine.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

President Trump has just Sidelined Dr. Fauci for FRAUD ...........

banned.video...

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hello ATS members. Well, another day and not so good news around the world. Here is my update.

Update: May 10, 2020 Sunday Tokyo time: noon time

I mention earlier on one of my post that I'd try to make my updates a bit more international and perhaps more on "what's happening in everyone's front yard" type of post. The reason is because: Chinese updates are rare and Japanese updates are beginning not to be of much of interest these days to what is happening to the outside world, and the events in Japan (somewhat untruthful as far as reporting cases and deaths of the virus ) still hold a lot of weight, but not much international interest in this country. How can I improve my updates ?

More people in this country now believe the UK has performed worse than Italy, Spain and France in the Covid-19 crisis than say it has done better than its European neighbours, according the latest Opinium poll for the Observer.

Italy is set to lift its ban on religious services due to COVID-19, weeks earlier than expected, following a Thursday meeting between the nation's bishops and Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte.

California's Huntington Beach saw another wave of protesters on Saturday as discontent grew in response to the state's stay-at-home order during the coronavirus pandemic.

The New York state governor has warned of a rare inflammatory syndrome among children infected with the coronavirus. He said state health officials have reviewed 73 cases in which children exposed to the virus also exhibited symptoms similar to those of Kawasaki disease, including inflammation in organs and blood vessels.

Recently, about 20,000 new infections have been confirmed in the United States each day.

Japan is conducting 188 PCR tests per 100,000 people, compared with rates of 3,159 in Italy and 3,044 in Germany, data from experts advising the government showed on Monday.

This is good news : In recent days, White House officials have moved to seize control of a little-known board that administers the $557 billion federal retirement program for most active and retired federal employees and military members, with some aides eager to halt the flow of billions of dollars into an index fund that includes Chinese companies, according to two White House officials and an outside Trump adviser involved in the discussions.

The Food and Drug Administration on May 9 announced emergency authorization for antigen tests developed by Quidel Corp. of San Diego. The test can rapidly detect fragments of virus proteins in samples collected from swabs swiped inside the nasal cavity, the FDA said in a statement.

On Friday morning, VA officials announced that the total number of coronavirus cases within their health system rose to 10,539 individuals. That’s up nearly 1,000 since Tuesday.

4900 people have tested positive in Japan. Been only 3 months and that's all that has been tested. (don't this is very accurate )

Traces of the novel coronavirus have been found in the semen of several infected men, according to a new study out of China’s Shangqiu Municipal Hospital that was published in the JAMA Network Open. Of the 38 men hospitalized with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19, doctors were able to determine that six of the patients, ranging in ages 20 to 60, had the virus in their semen. Four were still considered very sick with the contagion, while the other two were on the road to recovery.

The total number of people that got infected with Covid-19 passed another sombre milestone, surpassing 4 million, with over 1.3 million of those hailing from the US, Johns Hopkins University reported.

Russia: One hundred and four people died over the past 24 hours, bringing the total toll to 1,827.
The average number of confirmed cases of Covid-19 is +/- 80,000 per day since the peak at the end of March and is currently at over 3 million confirmed cases. 211,000 of the 3 million have died, however, most Western countries agree that the true number is most probably quite a bit higher. The official death rate is around 7% at the moment but not all deaths have been recorded, care homes, for example, people who died at home etc, so we can safely say the death rate is more like 10%.

Eight in 10 illegal entrants at the border are being turned back quickly because of policies implemented to combat the coronavirus pandemic, the acting deputy secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said.

This is what happens when tourism dies off in your city or country. Omiyage is tourist food: Large amounts of omiyage in danger of being discarded due to decrease in tourism, and sellers are sending out an SOS “We need Okinawan’s to eat these, now more than ever.”

Mexico: 34000 cases of infections. 3400 have died of the infections.

Plane carrying 10 million face masks arrives in Scotland from China

Covid-19 is poised to cut a swathe through Asia’s cramped, underfunded prisons but the true extent of the crisis may never be known.

During a January 21 conversation - one week after the WHO assured the world there was 'no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission' - Xi reportedly asked Tedros not to reveal that the virus was in fact transmissible between humans, and to delay declaring that the coronavirus had become a pandemic - despite the virus qualifying as one by the WHO's own former guidelines.
And while the WHO announced on the 22nd that data collected through their own investigation "suggests that human-to-human transmission is taking place in Wuhan," which they said more analysis was required "to understand the full extent," they waited all the way until March 11 to declare the virus a pandemic.

Japan's update : May 9th Tokyo time: 9pm
According to the local governments, etc., the total number of people confirmed to be infected in Japan is as follows.
▽ Tokyo: 4846;
Osaka: 1732;
Kanagawa: 1156;
Saitama: 959:
Hokkaido: 945:
Chiba: 873:
Hyogo: 688:
Fukuoka: 653:
Aichi 501 people
▽ Kyoto prefecture 352 people
▽ Ishikawa prefecture 277 people
▽ Toyama prefecture 221 people
▽ Ibaraki prefecture 168 people
▽ Hiroshima prefecture 165 people
▽ Gifu prefecture 150 people
▽ Gunma prefecture 147 people
▽ Okinawa prefecture 142 people People
▽ Fukui prefecture 122 people
▽ Shiga prefecture 97 people
▽ Nara prefecture 90 people
▽ Miyagi prefecture 88 people
▽ Fukushima prefecture 81 people
▽ Niigata prefecture 81 people
▽ Nagano prefecture 75 people
▽ Kochi prefecture 74 people
▽ Shizuoka prefecture 73 people
Yamagata prefecture 69 people
Wakayama prefecture 62 people
Oita prefecture 60 people
Tochigi prefecture 56 people
Yamanashi prefecture 56 people
Ehime prefecture 48 people
Kumamoto prefecture 48 people
Mie prefecture 45 people
▽ Saga prefecture 45 people
▽ Yamaguchi prefecture 37 people
▽ Kagawa prefecture 28 people
▽ Aomori prefecture 27 people
▽ Shimane prefecture 24 people
▽ Okayama prefecture 24 people
▽ Nagasaki prefecture 17 people
▽ Miyazaki prefecture 17 people
▽ Akita prefecture 16 people
▽ Kagoshima prefecture 10 people
▽ Tokushima prefecture 5 people
▽ Tottori In

addition to three people in the prefecture, 310 people were confirmed by quarantine at the airport and crew members of Nagasaki Port cruise ships, and 14 people returned from China by charter aircraft.

The number of people who died in Japan was 637 people.
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government announced on the 9th that 36 new people in Tokyo were confirmed to be infected with the new coronavirus.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Test:

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
U.S. CDC Director to Self-Quarantine.

www.cnn.com...

Why is anyone still Self-Quarantining, when almost instant Covid-19 test results are available? To take a break from work? That's what the Chicago Cook-County board commissioner did 2 weeks ago.
He's not taking a break from working according to the source you posted, he's teleworking.

If you're exposed to COVID-19, it can take some time for the symptoms to show up.
Presumably, some of the same factors that cause a delay in being symptomatic might also cause false negative test results in the early days after exposure. Here are some related links:

Even if you test negative for COVID-19, assume you have it, experts say

Conventional diagnostic tests for the novel coronavirus may give false-negative results about 30% of the time, meaning people with an active COVID-19 infection still test negative for the disease, according to news reports.

False positives apparently are less common than false negatives:

"The good news is that the tests appear to be highly specific: If your test comes back positive, it is almost certain you have the infection," Krumholz wrote. But RT-PCR tests might give false-negative results for a number of reasons, he added.

Testing Negative for COVID-19 May Not Mean You Don’t Have The Disease

Krumholz said that while diagnostic tests in general aren't always perfect, he and others are discovering that false negatives in COVID-19 tests seem uncomfortably common.

“A study out of China looked at a bunch of people who felt sick in ways that were very consistent with COVID-19 — not only were they from Wuhan where the pandemic hot spot began, but their X-ray findings were very consistent with the disease,” Krumholz said. “It was almost certain that these people had it. They met all the criteria, and yet the tests were negative in about 30 percent of the cases.”

Some doctors have expressed concern that the false-negative rate in the U.S. could be even higher than 30 percent.

If I recall correctly, a poster in this thread, MrRCflying, had an aunt who seemed to have all the symptoms but the COVID-19 tests were coming back negative. There was some concern about why, but apparently it's not an isolated case; there are said to be a number of patients who seem to have it but the tests are coming back negative, even when they are symptomatic.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
CDC Mortality Statistic

Here, you can download the weekly US death count for any reason, from 2014 to last week.

Looks to me like 46,056 peole in US died this year above the "expected number." A lot less than IMHE touts.

The last two weeks, deaths seem to be 13% less than "expected."
edit on 9-5-2020 by Oleman because: typo

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
President Trump of the United States will start efforts to distribute agricultural products whose demand from restaurants etc. is drastically reduced due to the new coronavirus to the people who are in trouble due to suspension of work or unemployment from this week Revealed.

President Trump of the United States posted on Twitter on May 9 that "the government will purchase $ 3 billion worth of dairy products, meat, and agricultural products," and from this week, farmers in the United States will purchase over 300 billion yen of agricultural products in Japanese yen. Revealed to start.

In the United States, due to the spread of new coronaviruses, restaurants have been closed, school lunch has been cut off due to school closures, and demand has dropped sharply, resulting in a large amount of agricultural products being discarded without being shipped.

On the other hand, the number of people who are having troubles due to lost time or unemployment has increased rapidly, which is a major issue.

The Trump administration has previously announced that it will support farmers for a total of more than ¥ 2 trillion in Japanese yen. Among them, the policy is to purchase surplus agricultural products and distribute them to food banks for free. Was launched.

Farmers in the United States have been hit by the trade friction with China before the spread of the new coronavirus, and President Trump seems to be aiming to show consideration to such farmers.
edit on 0500000007132020-05-09T23:13:07-05:00130705pm11 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
For your enjoyment.

edit on 0500000020342020-05-09T23:34:20-05:00342005pm11 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
CDC Mortality Statistic

Here, you can download the weekly US death count for any reason, from 2014 to last week.

Looks to me like 46,056 peole in US died this year above the "expected number." A lot less than IMHE touts.

The last two weeks, deaths seem to be 13% less than "expected."

Yeah... thing is, I didn't want flu/etc deaths (which is what that's showing). I was looking for suicide, homicide, pneumonia, heart disease, strokes, diabetes, and a few other conditions.

The first hunt was for recent suicide data... couldn't find what I wanted. If you spot it, do let me know. I was looking for about half a year's worth of data (2019-2020)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   
EuroMomo data

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Vitamin D dose
International units or micrograms
1,000 micrograms (mcg) in a milligram (mg)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Yeah... thing is, I didn't want flu/etc deaths (which is what that's showing).

I double checked. CDC says "there were 2,813,503 registered deaths in the United States in 2017."
Divided by 365, that works out to 7772.1/day.

Using the data for 2020 week 1 from the "Deaths, Total" column = 52,476 when divided by 7, is 7,496/day.

Llooks to me like the "Deaths, Total" column is the deaths total due to any cause for any age group, for that week.

Do you have preconception biases that blind you from reality, or are you are pushing a false agenda?
edit on 10-5-2020 by Oleman because: typo

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
a reply to: Byrd

Yeah... thing is, I didn't want flu/etc deaths (which is what that's showing).

I double checked. CDC says "there were 2,813,503 registered deaths in the United States in 2017."
Divided by 365, that works out to 7772.1/day.

Using the data for 2020 week 1 from the "Deaths, Total" column = 52,476 when divided by 7, is 7,496/day.

Llooks to me like the "Deaths, Total" column is the deaths total due to any cause for any age group, for that week.

Thank you, but I was not looking for "total due to any cause."

I wanted to find the weekly stats for suicides (specifically) to bring to a discussion on Facebook -- in 1980 I coauthored a paper on physician suicides and we used the MMR data as part of the discussion (the interesting thing in the data we obtained was that female physicians had the same risk of suicide as male physicians.) Someone asked a question about suicides and whether they'd increased in the past 6 months and I can't find any solid numbers for the US.

Do you have preconception biases that blind you from reality, or are you are pushing a false agenda?

Nope. Just wanted last 6 months data on suicides.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
U.S. CDC Director to Self-Quarantine.

www.cnn.com...

Why is anyone still Self-Quarantining, when almost instant Covid-19 test results are available? To take a break from work? That's what the Chicago Cook-County board commissioner did 2 weeks ago.

We are because:

1. We're 67 and 62. He has one kidney. I am a transplant recipient on immunosuppressants. We both have hypertension. We are at higher risk from a bad outcome.
2. I've already nearly died from an infection after spending a month in hospital and having to go to rehab to get the strength back to even brush my teeth. No f'n thank you. Never again. And the sequelae are bad enough from that incident, let alone stacking on stuff like perhaps permanent organ damage. We know it effects the brain, lungs and kidneys.
3. We get more infections, hospitalizations and deaths every day in my state. It is not controlled.
4. The "gates" that we were supposed to pass to progress? Not achieved. Still not enough testing, PPE, or declining rates.
5. Too many people are assholes. They will cough directly in your face. It happened to me around the beginning of March, and I got to spend the next two weeks wondering if I was infected. It's easier to stay home than having to don all the protective gear for being around said assholes.
6. The risk of fomite transmission and cross contamination. This stuff lives just too long on various surfaces.
7. It is viable in the air for three hours.
8. We want to see if the lifted restrictions result in an explosion of hospitalizations and deaths before we subject ourselves to this experiment in public health.
9. Instant tests mean nothing. (a) Too many people aren't tested. (b) False negatives; the tests don't seem super-reliable to me. (c) You can test negative on some morning, come in contact with it that afternoon, and be spreading it later. Unless everyone is tested daily, it means nothing that someone was negative. Testing will never happen daily for every person, nor would we want to even try to do that. The cost and hassle would be prohibitive.
10. There is no rigorously proven and widely accepted means of treating this. I don't want to be the unlucky patient whose medical team has their head up their ass, which seems to happen alot around here.

You asked.
edit on 10-5-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Predictions coming in for death totls over the next 5 years if we come out of lockdown early in the UK:

Final UK death toll from coronavirus could be worse than the Second World War with almost 700,000 dying over five years

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I think we better be careful of coming out of lockdown too early as you can see what could happen. Who is gonna be responsible??? CHINA for the most part and then our Government!

I think a lot of people will be refusing to go back to work and instead stay home to look after their children, if they can get by on benefits, if the Government will pay it. Let's not forget that there won't be many jobs around anyway because of distancing measures!

Researchers predict that without a vaccine Britain could be forced to keep social distancing measures until 2024 in order to beat Covid-19. But if Britain is plunged into a recession as a result, more than 675,000 could die from the virus, poor healthcare and impoverishment over the next five years, experts warn. The figure, which comes from a new study led by Philip Thomas, a Professor of Risk Management at the University of Bristol, is higher than the approximately 525,000 civilian and military personnel from Britain who died in the Second World War.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
again... warnings about lifting restrictions too early:

Boris Johnson unveils new 'stay alert' slogan and colour-coded warning system ahead of crucial 7pm address revealing road map out of lockdown - but scientists warn that 100,000 could die by 2021 if coronavirus restrictions are lifted too early

www.dailymail.co.uk...

We are over 30k by May 10th, so 100k by end of year isn't a stretch by any means. Sooner if restrictions are lifted. Some stores can open, like we've seen but offices should remain closed, especially if the work can be done from home (which in most cases it can).

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

I wholeheartedly agree that caution should be paramount. However, we have a PM in the U.K. who has proven without any doubt whatsoever that he cares little for preserving life. His office used the term ‘A stiff broom’ when telling Whitehall to move all elderly who are Covid positive into care homes. This move infected many thousands in the care homes that would of otherwise remained Covid free. It amounts to social cleansing, eugenics, genocide, call it what you want, he knew exactly what devastating effects this would have.

The U.K. government may say that deaths are currently around 31,500, but The Times newspaper says that if we include care home deaths the true figure is around 55,000.

He missed all the emergency COBRA meetings to discuss action from the start of the new year until March. Why? Because he was busy settling his divorce because his girlfriend was pregnant and that would look bad if news got out about a baby with someone else while still married.

He tried to ride out his absence and delays with the promise of an antibody test that would be “A game changer”. Then that test was shown to be inaccurate and useless... Within the day it was announced he sick with the virus and thus he didn’t have to face the press on his shambolic leadership. Instead the narrative of his heroic fight for life was spun. There is still no empiric proof he was ever sick, just his governments word and that of two nurses that treated him (cos that can’t be faked). Moreover he remained too sick to face the press until, as chance would have it, we were officially past the first peak... now, of course, he’s suddenly ready to face the press and announce this good news...

He pulled the same trick after unexpectedly winning the Brexit vote. When then PM Cameron quit Boris obviously realised that whomever now took control of this chalice he’d poisoned would get tarnished by the infighting and attempts to negotiate with Europe. So he announced that he was not standing for leader and vanished from the public eye. He waited until the country’s infighting and attempts and negotiation had destroyed Theresa May and then he stepped in once again to take the glory. Is it so hard to see that his ‘sicky’ vanishing act when his antibody promise went wrong and return just at the right time to announce the U.K. being past the peak is from the same playbook?

Who is surprised by the leak that revealed his chief advisor cummings (of Cambridge analytica) said “who cares if some old people die”?
They wanted everyone to get infected to achieve ‘herd immunity’ which they knew meant quarter to half a million people dying. These are the ruthless decisions of psychopaths.

Boris is and his inept, verging on Nazi cohorts are a liability and the worst possible leadership to have in this situation.

Like Neville Chamberlain he appeased the virus early on and will continues to and any hope that he will maintain lockdown as long as needed is sadly fanciful. Boris will do all he can to appease his rich donors, to protect their dividends and to wash his hands of all this needless death, whatever the cost to the public.

This excellent and easy to read timeline lays bare Boris and his government’s horrific, hard to believe handling of the virus:

appeasement.org...

edit on 10-5-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Old boris really is a mini trump.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I think he’s perhaps worse. Trump may have inferred consuming disinfectant, but really who is going to do that? With Italy’s hospitals drowning in Covid patients and the WHO telling the world to social distance, Boris told everyone to keep shaking hands and allowed the Cheltenham festival, now the proven epicentre of a massive virus spike and many more deaths than its neighbours. It amounts to incompetence leading to corporate manslaughter. ‘corporate’ being the keyword because his decisions plainly favour the rich’s revenue streams over the rest of us - why else not stop flights from Wuhan, Italy Spain etc.

I’d suggest that he and his puppet master Dominic Cummings are more dangerous to life than Trump.

edit on 10-5-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join