It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

swprs.org...

Collated and fully referenced facts about Covid-19, provided by experts in the field, to help our readers make a realistic risk assessment.

edit on 9/5/2020 by teapot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

Hey D41 … yes, if azithromycin gets over-used, it does increase the risk of getting more 'super bugs' that are resistant to it. That worries me indeed, because Z-packs are currently useful in situations where many other antibiotics fail.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

edit on 9-5-2020 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: teapot

swprs.org...

Collated and fully referenced facts about Covid-19, provided by experts in the field, to help our readers make a realistic risk assessment.

Question:

Would it be possible to collate a similar set of expert opinions and charts which conflicts with or contradicts what is written in your compilation? The reason I say this is because it is common for conflicting opinions within the medical world and common for there to be as many against, as for a particular prognosis/analysis.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Numbers from around the world are taken from Worldometers for May 9th.

Spain - Pop: 44.6 M
262,783 Positive tests…….. or 1 out of 178 Spaniards
10.07% Deaths (26,478)

Italy - Pop: 60.4 M
218,268 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 277 Italians
13.92 % Deaths (30,395)

UK – Pop: 66.6 M
215,260 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 310 UKers
14.67 % Deaths (31,587)

France – Pop: 67.0 M
176,079 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 380 French
14.89 % Deaths (26,230)

Sweden – Pop: 10.2 M
25,921 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 395 Swedes
12.42 % Deaths (3,220)

Denmark – Pop: 5.8 M
10,319 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 562 Danes
5.09 % Deaths (526)

US - Pop: 330 M
1,327,485 Positive tests.... or 1 out of 249 Americans
5.93 % Deaths

US death rates (2017):
1. Heart Disease …………….…………647,457 annual or 1,773 daily average
2. Cancer ……………………..……….….599,108 annual or 1,641 daily average
3. Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936 annual or 465 daily average
7. Diabetes:………………………………….83,564 annual or 228 daily average

COVID-19 ………………………………………. 78,834 (70 Day) or 1126 daily average

*** SURPASSED *****

8. Influenza and Pneumonia …………55,562 annual or 152 daily average
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis:..50,633 annual or 138 daily average
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide):..47,173 annual or 129 daily average
X. Auto accidents ………………….………37,461 annual or 102 daily average
X. H1N1 2009 ESTIMATED (8,868 – 18,638) for 1 year or 24 – 50 daily average

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

That's the thing, you can be absolutely convinced by the information presented in that link not knowing that it can be completely pulled to pieces by the other side of the argument. Confirmation bias is strong during this pandemic, all I know is that most experts are saying this virus is the real deal, and so that's what I'm sticking with until convinced otherwise.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: teapot

swprs.org...

Question:

Would it be possible to collate a similar set of expert opinions and charts which conflicts with or contradicts what is written in your compilation? The reason I say this is because it is common for conflicting opinions within the medical world and common for there to be as many against, as for a particular prognosis/analysis.

The majority of papers on MedRxIv.. and on PubMed also... Wikipedia (the Wikipedia section on socionomic impact)

Not everything on those links contradicts or conflicts with the SWPRS. Some things agree. One of the big issues is that we have little completely accurate information (some places count anyone as a COVID death who tests positive after death even if they died of something else... some places don't have enough tests and don't do a lot of testing, etc. It is a huge problem.)

But a lot of the papers disagree with points (including the actual number for R0.)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 666yrasrevdA
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

That's the thing, you can be absolutely convinced by the information presented in that link not knowing that it can be completely pulled to pieces by the other side of the argument. Confirmation bias is strong during this pandemic, all I know is that most experts are saying this virus is the real deal, and so that's what I'm sticking with until convinced otherwise.
That would be my take. Also, having a number if senior nurses in my family and information related from them and from doctors on the front line suggest that it is. Why would only a flu virus scare the sh.t out of them? And with expressions like "its very dangerous", "never seen anything like it" or "its like many diseases in one".

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Literally "just this moment as I looked at the news crawler"
HHS to allow states to distribute Gilead's remdesivir to combat the coronavirus

HHS said in a statement that the distribution of the drug will be made possible because of a donation from Gilead. Remdesivir, which received an emergency-use authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, will be given to coronavirus patients in some of the hardest-hit areas of the country, including New Jersey, Connecticut and Illinois.

The state departments of health will distribute the doses to the appropriate hospitals.

Candidates for the drug must be on ventilators or require supplemental oxygen.

So this treatment has proven decent enough in the latest round of clinical trials (they were on Phase 2) that HHS and the FDA are jumping ahead and allowing wider use.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere (No BNO) :

www.worldometers.info...

(These are the numbers from the usual time, about 2-3 hrs ago, I got caught up in a documentary, or two, on youtube...)

edit on 9-5-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
well per worldometers montana is entering its 2nd week with out any deaths and i think one? new case out of 435 cases we only have 20 current active cases but the tourists are showing up in force so who knows if we will make it to phase two opening on monday

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Literally "just this moment as I looked at the news crawler"
HHS to allow states to distribute Gilead's remdesivir to combat the coronavirus

HHS said in a statement that the distribution of the drug will be made possible because of a donation from Gilead. Remdesivir, which received an emergency-use authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, will be given to coronavirus patients in some of the hardest-hit areas of the country, including New Jersey, Connecticut and Illinois.

The state departments of health will distribute the doses to the appropriate hospitals.

Candidates for the drug must be on ventilators or require supplemental oxygen.

So this treatment has proven decent enough in the latest round of clinical trials (they were on Phase 2) that HHS and the FDA are jumping ahead and allowing wider use.

Last bit of the article is interesting. Good old Gilead at it again.

Congress and the public need to know whether HHS is making its distribution decisions in backroom deals or is relying on data and evidence to ensure that potentially life-saving drugs reach the patients who need them,” Massachusetts Democratic Sens. Ed Markey and Elizabeth Warren and Rep. Ayanna Pressley wrote to Vice President Pence, who is overseeing the administration's coronavirus response, and HHS Secretary Alex Azar.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
well per worldometers montana is entering its 2nd week with out any deaths and i think one? new case out of 435 cases we only have 20 current active cases but the tourists are showing up in force so who knows if we will make it to phase two opening on monday

That is correct, according to the published data. Wikipedia timeline

Montana's population is pretty spread out (not a lot of densely packed cities) ... but the pattern is weird. Why all the cases in Shelby county and not around Helena?

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

A remedy could likely be more life saving than a vaccine at this point.

Will be interesting to see how this progresses.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

RdRPs inhibitors early on, possible use later for immunosuppresant properties.

Next phase is preventing cytokine issues through immune system modulation. Vit C, hydrogen rich water, magnesium, antioxidants, Vit D, and specific immunosuppresants from possibly ssRNA viral inhibitors to corticosteroids. Depending on presentation, additional treatments like blood thinners.

Id also suggest avoiding things like largely polluted areas, allergens, stress, extreme emotions, and electromagnetic fields due to their effect on the immune systems ability to modulate itself.

Should a full blown cytokine storm occur, knocking the immune system back down is imperative, but prevention is worth its weight in gold and should be the focus of all treatments where it is suspected possible.

Not a doctor.. But there are common threads between areas having success.
edit on 9-5-2020 by Serdgiam because: Keep remembering stuff..

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
U.S. CDC Director to Self-Quarantine.

www.cnn.com...

Why is anyone still Self-Quarantining, when almost instant Covid-19 test results are available? To take a break from work? That's what the Chicago Cook-County board commissioner did 2 weeks ago.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Montana's population is pretty spread out (not a lot of densely packed cities) ... but the pattern is weird. Why all the cases in Shelby county and not around Helena?

I know you don’t like speculation....But what if they all shared something in common beside proximity. In the case of Montana, What about a van (Mobile clinic) that comes by and offers flu shots or other immunization to rural areas. Or like the nursing home in WA, they may have had a flu shot clinic back in November or December.

Could have been a bad batch of vaccines or the clinic staff were unknowingly infecting participants in the clinic.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

I know you don’t like speculation....But what if they all shared something in common beside proximity. In the case of Montana, What about a van (Mobile clinic) that comes by and offers flu shots or other immunization to rural areas. Or like the nursing home in WA, they may have had a flu shot clinic back in November or December.

Could have been a bad batch of vaccines or the clinic staff were unknowingly infecting participants in the clinic.

I agree that it's got to be something like that. Nursing home is likely... such a small town, though.

Who knows? Interesting pattern, though. The troubling thing is that raw data is now hard to come by. We used to get weekly updates from the CDC (the Morbidity and Mortality Report) with raw data... but now I don't see that this data is available on their website (most recent data is 2018.) They may be waiting to clean it of errors before posting, but it's an annoying little datapoint.

edit on 9-5-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

www.greatfallstribune.com... only 3200 in whole community which is small even by MT standards im in kalispell for example which is around 30k article does not give much info but if i had to guess id say they are closer together then most MT residents and or have fewer places to spread out their shopping its also right off 1-15 . i have only driven through ironically the other day when i was on my way back from az picking up my new rescue dogs, i have about 7 days left of self imposed quarantine but so far no sign of illness and i only have my usual cough which is from Phillip Morris not corona. 3 of my tenants are down in az so the only people ive had interactions with are my other tenant who works for albertsons and my plumber/neighbor who has been doing a remodel but i been staying out of his way and am pretty much isolated on the top floor of my home

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

Marias Health Care is the primary hospital/Clinic in the area we do have mobile clinics and radiology vans but they tend to stick to the reservations least in my area

www.google.com...@48.50583,-111.8671111,14z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x8348f7849d11f4f3!8m2!3d48.5099669!4d-111.8490223 here is a map of the entire town basically if you zoom out twice its got a highway patrol substation clinic and local businesses(town pump) but it is mostly a town you drive through (its known as one of our speed trap towns fyi if any one ever visits)

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join