It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Observationalist

Tough call... young men and women thrown into the front lines with only their college experience to bring to the fight.
I respect them wanting to help in the fight, but I also question the wisdom of having newly trained individuals in a new and intensely stressful environment, making decisions where precious experiences is a prerequisite.

Let me add a counterpoint, since I was a teaching assistant at medical school.

First... they're not quite as young as you think. They're in their mid-to-late 20's and some are older. Many are the children of physicians and medical workers and some (like my beloved personal physician) actually worked labor jobs and other jobs at lower wages to pay for their medical school.

They are young, many are resilient. It will be hard... BUT... the fact that they will be there will ease the patient load burden on everyone (including themselves.)

These are the people already doing clinical rounds with a senior physician. They're chomping at the bit to be "real doctors" and to do something other than lurk in the shadows. They'll bring new ideas and new energy.

It's risky, but I think if they volunteer to step up that it will (generally) be good all around.

I hope it works out well too.
I came across this disturbing article about Millennial Doctors struggling to find significance.
My Millennial Doctor Peers Think They're Walking Into a Crisis

The average millennial physician completes training, looks around, and sees his or her profession in complete shambles. Burnout is rampant. Doctors are committing suicide daily. Many seem to be miserable over their lack of autonomy and loss of standing. The physician starts to take a hard look at the career they are about to embark on and begins to have serious doubts. Then the physician remembers that student loan debt. The average medical student loan debt in 2018, according to AAMC , was $198,000. There's really no way out at this point; even if your job is going to make you miserable, you are going to push through because you're on the hook. And this is where I start to get seriously worried.

We will have an entire generation of graduating physicians who will be subjected to forces that have never been present in medicine before. And these forces are actively causing distress and misery among some of my colleagues. Read more at: forum.facmedicine.com...

This article was posted January 21, 2020, just before the outbreak. I wonder if the outbreak will reignite these young doctors or overwhelm them more than they already are.

Rough times for all right now.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
Update on my Aunt in Kentucky: They still maintain that she is negitive, but moved her into the Covid ward. Makes sense, not... She is doing much better however, and is now off the vent.. Still not well, but it looks like she is out of the woods, and may be on the mend.
I'm glad to hear your aunt is doing better.

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Why are they still using ventilators when it keeps being shown they make things worse?

Couldn't they switch to CPAP or simple supplemental oxygen?

a reply to: MrRCflying
What the doctors in a conference that included Dr Sidell who warned against using ventilators said is they were trying to use ventilator alternatives they call CPAP or Hi-Flow (Dr Sidell likes the results he sees with Hi-Flow), and with some patients those seem to work. But the patients' conditions can change quickly and they need to be carefully monitored and if their condition gets bad enough on the alternatives to the ventilator, then they still have no choice but to put them on the ventilator as a last resort.

So, that's from doctors who are trying to avoid using ventilators if possible, sometimes they still have no choice but to use them even if they would like to avoid using them for COVID-19 patients.

I'm not sure how representative they are of the medical community, and if all doctors are trying to use alternatives to ventilators first.

edit on 202054 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

So, yes, 68,587 confirmed deaths due to covid19 in the last 60 days.

No. The majority of those deaths are not from COVID. PERIOD.

You are being lied to... and you are lapping it up.

Okay, I’m now just gonna start replying to you with your own logic and tactics, because it’s the Wild West in this thread apparently when it comes to “acceptable replies and on-topic posts”:

No, YOU ARE BEING LIED TO AND ARE LAPPING UP ALT-RIGHT PROPAGANDA THAT SUITS YOUR PERSONAL BIAS NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU’VE BEEN PROVEN WRONG!

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   

From UK Coronavirus Impact it's Mostly Being Driven by Diet Induced Destruction! FYI its obesity and fast food

mow where in the middle is the fattest people?

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
if their condition gets bad enough on the alternatives to the ventilator, then they still have no choice but to put them on the ventilator as a last resort.

So, that's from doctors who are trying to avoid using ventilators if possible, sometimes they still have no choice but to use them even if they would like to avoid using them for COVID-19 patients.

Given that there's an 86 percent fatality rate for COVID-19 patients placed on ventilators, there is indeed a choice. It's to say no to continued medical torture and ask for comfort care. If people want to shoot for that 14 percent brass ring, they can go for it. I've had one episode of being bedridden for a month, slowly dying from MRSA, and it's "nunca mas" for me. Add the sequelae to it, and it's geez: Just No.

edit on 5-5-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd The takeaway here is that if you get sick, reach for the naproxen or ibuprofen, as you prefer..

In the early days we were told in the U.K. to stay away from anti inflammatories such as ibuprofen because it can make the immune system less effective.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Not sure if this has already been posted...

Dr Yves Cohen, an intensive care chief in Paris, said new tests on patient samples has confirmed the presence of the virus in France weeks before the first officially recorded case.

COVID-19 in Europe as early as December 2019

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Brick17

So, are you of the opinion that the Tories did not lockdown too late?

Do you think that allowing Cheltenham to go ahead was the right thing to do?

I appreciate your updates, but not your aspersions that’s those holding politicians to account for appalling leadership in the face of international (and domestic) advice to the contrary are ‘mongtards’.

If you are indeed Forces, then I can understand how frustrated you must be. But you shouldn’t doubt for a moment that you and all key workers will be thrown into the line of fire without a care to protect political reputations and maintain party political power.

edit on 5-5-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...
Russia reports 10,102 new coronavirus cases

The number of new coronavirus cases in Russia has risen by 10,102 over the past 24 hours, compared with 10,581 the previous day. This brought Russia's nationwide tally to 155,370, the country's coronavirus crisis response centre said on Tuesday.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoNotYabiz
Okay, I’m now just gonna start replying to you with your own logic and tactics, because it’s the Wild West in this thread apparently when it comes to “acceptable replies and on-topic posts”:

No, YOU ARE BEING LIED TO AND ARE LAPPING UP ALT-RIGHT PROPAGANDA THAT SUITS YOUR PERSONAL BIAS NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU’VE BEEN PROVEN WRONG!

Yeah... except, there is evidence for what I am saying... a lot of it.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
So when a good treatment hits, we should see a crash in death rates. Let it be soon!

You'd have already seen a reduction to near zero deaths if they had started using high dose IV vitamin C from the beginning.

And you'd see that reduction immediately, now, even in the ones currently at deaths door, if they would do it... now.

But you'd also see a reduction to near zero of anyone ever even getting anywhere near the point of needing a vent, if they'd start it early.

But no, criminals be criminals, and murderers be murderers.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Hopefully they can find the equivilent of an antibiotic for a virus.

They have. It is called Vitamin C.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41
Given that there's an 86 percent fatality rate for COVID-19 patients placed on ventilators, there is indeed a choice. It's to say no to continued medical torture and ask for comfort care.

And if you're in the USA, you cite the 'Right To Try' law President Trump signed, and demand high dose IV Vitamin C - and recover quickly and fully.

People. STAND UP. MAN UP (sorry ladies). TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR LIFE AND YOUR HEALTH.

STOP letting someone else have control of your future, and whether you live or die.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Not when you scrutinise the backgrounds of the individuals who provide you with this "evidence", which you have failed to do.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Why do you keep spamming every thread with this?
Even if you are correct, it's annoying and cluttering.

edit on 5/5/2020 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Oh, I don't know... because people are dying, when they don't have to?

Yeah, not a very good reason, you're right, my bad...

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

He is just here for his morning dose of trolling. He stops in twice a day to troll a bunch of posts to make himself feel good. Just ignore him. I have argued with him in the past, and even provided evidence, to which he provides assumption, opinion, and articles from 'experts' that are not worth the words used to write. I am just ignoring him from now on, he is not worth it. Apparently he needs the attention fix, don't give it to him.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It's becoming more and more obvious to me the virus is MUCH worse than the government is letting on. The proof is they keep lying. They set the bar low and then move it up as time goes on. 15 days to stop the spread became months. School closings were just supposed to be a week or two, now they are cancelled for the year. 60k deaths projected, revised up to 120k. Trump lies on a daily basis, not because he wants to but because he has to. Another shoe drops on a weekly basis and the bar is moved.

And now this. It hints that possibly some of my concern that you never really shake this virus are correct, pops back up later like herpes.

Houston man tests positive for COVID-19 three times over two months
www.fox5dc.com...
edit on 5-5-2020 by asdfas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

What if hes right?

Things can get abrasive quick on the net, so it might merit further exploration irrespective of if one thinks someone else is trolling.

RdRPs inhibitors given early (zinc+ionophore, Remdesivir, whatever.. they all do the same thing). Perhaps even look into deploying DRACOs or ACE2 treatments.

Handle cytokine storm & autoimmune presentations in patients where it progresses further, like these doctors (PDF) and Dr. Yadegar from Cedars-Sinai:

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

He's been giving terrible medical advice on every section of this thread. He suggested someone stop taking their meds on one. He suggested people huff ozone on another. He suggested using oil to wash gas masks on yet another. I'm pretty sure this post is for updates and not medical advice, but I'm not a mod.

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join