It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

The reality is that he sold it to the Fed as no one else in their right minds would buy airline stock.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Zero with (a capital ZED) new confirmed cases in Aotearoa/New Zealand today.
Kia kaha world.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Update May.03/20
Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases (by JHU CSSE)

gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Canada *** Total= 60,505 ***
31,873-Quebec, 18,574-Ontario, 5,766-Alberta, 2,171-British Columbia,
971-Nova Scotia, 433-Saskatchewan, 282-Manitoba, 118-New Brunswick,
259-Newfoundland & Labrador, 26-Prince Edward Island,
5-Northwest Territories, 11-Yukon, 13-Grand Princess,

coronavirus.1point3acres.com... USA & Canada Updates

www.worldometers.info...

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

COVID BREAKTHROUGH Coronavirus hope as new ‘100% accurate’ antibody tests ‘to be rolled out in 2 weeks’ to tell Brits if they’ve had bug

Test -- do they share the knowledge of manufacturing it regardless of profit and help save the human race or ??

IF it is 100% then surely every kit manufacture should start pumping it out. But I expect it will be dependent on the profiteers price gouge

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

COVID BREAKTHROUGH Coronavirus hope as new ‘100% accurate’ antibody tests ‘to be rolled out in 2 weeks’ to tell Brits if they’ve had bug

Test -- do they share the knowledge of manufacturing it regardless of profit and help save the human race or ??

IF it is 100% then surely every kit manufacture should start pumping it out. But I expect it will be dependent on the profiteers price gouge

The FDA's approved it for here:
news.yahoo.com...

This is their proprietary technology. They're not going to share it. Other companies are also developing kits and there are many different ones already in use.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

But it is still not clear if you test positive whether you will get it again or not....or have I missed something?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Yeah there isn't any mention of reinfection or anything in the UK media in recent days.
a reply to: angelchemuel

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
If you recall in some of my previous posts, I have been comparing the actual death counts on a daily basis to the prediction models done by the IHME.

Three times, I said the prediction numbers would increase, because they were not matching up. Three times, they did increase. Again, it will have to be revised upwards. The IHME prediction model was last updated on 4/29, and will go up again.

The prediction will need to be moved up quite significantly once again. The US death toll as of 5/3 was 68,598. According to the IHME prediction we should not be at that level until 5/11. So the US is a full 7 days ahead of the prediction.

Now we have Dr. Scott Gottlieb, a former commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, saying we may have a persistent spread throught the summer with approx. 1000 deaths a day. I am not sure how they are measuring "summer" here, but if it is now through the end of August, that would be another 120 days, give or take.

If that is the case, the US will be looking at an additional 120,000 deaths by the end of summer, with a toal somwhere north of 180,000 deaths.

Original predicted numbers, with mitigation was somwhere between 100,000 and 240,000. Then suddenly that changed, and dropped quickly to 60,000. We blew past that 60,000 number about 2 weeks after it was made. The IHME keeps revising the numbers upwards, although at a slow rate, a little here and a little there.

I believe it is intentional, to drip feed the bad reports. The average Joe will be like "OK, we are close, things will slow down. Oh, they added a few more, not too bad, we will begin to slow down soon." Like bringing the water temperature up to boiling, just a little at a time. Desensitizes the general public, instead of the shock number of almost 200,000 deaths. It also encourages the "it's just a flu" and 'hoax' narrative. For most, it is a slow moving train wreck, and they can't wrap thier minds around the end totals. We think in the here and now, with some awareness of the immediate future, but it is hard to conseptualize the long range, even a few months out.

Almost like watching paint dry. Sometimes the color changes as it dries, but if you sit and watch, you will not notice.

With things beginning to open, and governers basically flipping the bird to the path to re-open, and scientific data concerning resurgence, it may even yet go higher.

IMHO, the mitigation has worked, and we are still on the target for the original mitigation included numbers of 100,000- 240,000. It was lowered intentionally to reduce the shock and ease people into it. I am going to keep a close eye on this for sure.

Is it still a mild case of the flu?

Update on my Aunt in Kentucky: They still maintain that she is negitive, but moved her into the Covid ward. Makes sense, not... She is doing much better however, and is now off the vent.. Still not well, but it looks like she is out of the woods, and may be on the mend.

Links to the figures and information used above:

IHME

Worldometers

Dr Gottlieb

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Jane
Tests picked up 'dead virus fragments'

So still no confirmed re-infection.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Looks like CCTV will ahve a new role to play... making sure everyone sticks to distancing rules and wears facemasks:

Video cameras will be used to spy on people to check they are wearing face masks and complying with social distancing when France eases its lockdown next week. The city of Cannes on the southern Côte d'Azur has trialled the monitoring software, installed at outdoor markets and on buses. It is not currently clear how many other cities will adopt this digital surveillance but the French firm Datakalab - a startup launched in 2017 - says its software does not violate EU data privacy law. It comes ahead of the May 11 relaxation of France's tough two-month lockdown, when children will return to school in stages, some businesses will reopen and people will be able to travel within 100 kilometres (60 miles) of their homes without a signed justification for their movement.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This will be the norm for a good while I suspect and maybe for longer, depending on whether the trial is sucessful or not.

I don't think it will work personally as people will be walking and talking on their phones... or texting and not looking where they are going.... like many were doing before the lockdowns.

Seriously, how are people going to be able to stick to distancing rules?? Think it's a daft idea meself and just another rung on the ladder of 'lost freedoms' for the populace!

On the other hand, this may be a step towards the new religion of peace...
edit on 4-5-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

Update on my Aunt in Kentucky: They still maintain that she is negitive, but moved her into the Covid ward. Makes sense, not... She is doing much better however, and is now off the vent.. Still not well, but it looks like she is out of the woods, and may be on the mend.

For most people, yes, it is just a mild case of the flu.
Glad your Aunt is doing better.

Statistics are just that. I can say I'm going to make between $100,000 and $240,000 this year. That's a huge variation, and with all the mis-identification and mis-labeling and over inflating of Covid deaths, we'll likely never know the real number.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Again, the deaths are not being over inflated, if anything they are being under reported.

Please stop spreading ignorance!

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Again, the deaths are not being over inflated, if anything they are being under reported.

That would be you spreading the ignorance.

They are most definitely being over-reported.

Even deaths due, not to the virus, but to the ridiculous lockdowns, are - to add insult to injury - being reported as COVID-19 deaths.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Updates here from the Isle Of Wight (UK).

I have been helping run the helping for people in need on our beautiful island and things have been steady. Local community groups have formed and done some amazing work to help people needing food and medication. We also are helping with more complex needs.

When I have gone out for medication or food I've noticed traffic has increased since our beloved Boris came back and said we are over the peak.

Without prior notice our government has trialed and experiment on our island before using it on mainland UK. We are to use a new app (same AI company which did voteleave) and links to Google and data gathering for other interests.

From 1700hrs today we have access to this new app and they will see how people on the island get on. Michael Gove has suggested we stop lock down a few weeks earlier than rest of uk but we have not been informed.

Our island has a large proportion of over 65s and only one small hospital.

I will let you know how things go. We are the UKs experiment with this virus and they want to see what happens to us first.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

originally posted by: MrRCflying

For most people, yes, it is just a mild case of the flu.
Glad your Aunt is doing better.

Statistics are just that. I can say I'm going to make between $100,000 and $240,000 this year. That's a huge variation, and with all the mis-identification and mis-labeling and over inflating of Covid deaths, we'll likely never know the real number.

Well, that does not address the fact I was trying to bring out. Yes, there is a huge margin of error. 100k to 240k is a big difference, no doubt.

Yes, for most people, it will be a flu like illness that they will recover from. However, not since 1918 has a 'flu' killed over 60,000 people in 60 days, in a season, yes some have. We don't know what it will look like at the end of the season, but we can make some reasonable assumption that the death toll will be higher than any flu we have seen in our lifetime.

No, we probably will never know a true figure. History will have to settle for a rough estimate.

My point was, the original 100-240k figure was given out as a total number of deaths in the US, with mitigation. Soon after we heard "oh it will not be as bad as we thought, more like 60,000.".

That 60,000 estimate keeps creeping up. First it went to 65,000, then 67,000, and is now 72,000+ but it will have to be revised upward again, as the prediction model is not matching reality.

We now have someone in the know, Dr. Gottlieb, saying it could flatten at a rate of 1,000 a week for the summer. Meaning we might be at a level over 180,000 deaths in 8 months.

IMHO, the drop to 60k predicted was intentional, to reduce panic, and the drip feed of the IHME prediction model going upwards is the equivelent of turning up the thermostat slowly. Desensotize the people slowly if you will.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: jrod

That would be you spreading the ignorance.

They are most definitely being over-reported.

Even deaths due, not to the virus, but to the ridiculous lockdowns, are - to add insult to injury - being reported as COVID-19 deaths.

In your opinion.

IMHO, because of lack of testing the cases are being well under reported. Although the mortality percentage may be much lower than originally thought.

Can we agree to having different opinions on this?

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Update: what’s happening Inside NY hospital.

Nurse from Nevada who went over to help at NY hospitals, gives an updates on what’s going on inside NY hospitals.
Instagram Post

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

I have no doubt this kind of thing is happening all over. On a normal day incopitence and gross negligence is more rampant than it should be.

Running on little sleep and under stress, will lead to some bad choices. It sounds like there are a lot of bad choices being made there. Makes you wonder if the doctors and nurses at that place were all the bottom third of thier class or something.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Numbers from around the world are taken from Worldometers for May 4th.

Spain - Pop: 44.6 M
248,301 Positive tests…….. or 1 out of 188 Spaniards
10.24% Deaths (25,428)

Italy - Pop: 60.4 M
211,938 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 285 Italians
13.72 % Deaths (29,079)

UK – Pop: 66.6 M
190,584 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 350 UKers
15.07 % Deaths (28,734)

France – Pop: 67.0 M
168,693 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 397 French
14.75 % Deaths (24,895)

Sweden – Pop: 10.2 M
22,721 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 450 Swedes
12.18 % Deaths (2,769)

Denmark – Pop: 5.8 M
9,670 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 600 Danes
5.09 % Deaths (493)

US - Pop: 330 M
1,194,434 Positive tests.... or 1 out of 276 Americans
5.77 % Deaths

US death rates (2017):
1. Heart Disease …………….…………647,457 annual or 1,773 daily average
2. Cancer ……………………..……….….599,108 annual or 1,641 daily average
3. Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936 annual or 465 daily average
7. Diabetes:………………………………….83,564 annual or 228 daily average

COVID-19 ………………………………………. 69,008(65 Day) or 1061 daily average

*** SURPASSED *****

8. Influenza and Pneumonia …………55,562 annual or 152 daily average
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis:..50,633 annual or 138 daily average
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide):..47,173 annual or 129 daily average
X. Auto accidents ………………….………37,461 annual or 102 daily average
X. H1N1 2009 ESTIMATED (8,868 – 18,638) for 1 year or 24 – 50 daily average

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It's going to cycle through the body and society 2-3 times
Not abnormal to need multiple infections to build enough antibodies for full immunity.
edit on 4-5-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join