It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
Well, you have to admit, liberty and freedom are pretty valueless if one isn't alive to appreciate either.

Yes...

And life is pretty much worthless without them.

Catch-22? No, it just seems that way to some people who have an irrational fear of some virus that is only a threat to those who have weak immune systems, usually by virtue of their own poor life choices.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Well, it was just ‘what if’, so the more I hear that there’s no way in hell that could happen, or at least unlikely in the uber-extreme, then the better I’ll sleep tonight zzzz

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

Well, it was just ‘what if’, so the more I hear that there’s no way in hell that could happen, or at least unlikely in the uber-extreme, then the better I’ll sleep tonight zzzz

There was a very interesting incident on World of Warcraft (I started playing it within the first year and still play) where a coding accident created a "plague" that would "kill" any character that your character came into contact with. Dying would remove the "curse"... so if you "died" and then went someplace safe, you'd be fine (which I did.)

...and then there were the "spreaders."

Wikipedia's got a good summary and some links

And notice that this event actually does get involved in modeling Covid-19 pandemic.

edit on 25-4-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

LOL

I was there for it when it first hit orgrimmar

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Well, you have to admit, liberty and freedom are pretty valueless if one isn't alive to appreciate either.

Yes...

And life is pretty much worthless without them.

Catch-22? No, it just seems that way to some people who have an irrational fear of some virus that is only a threat to those who have weak immune systems, usually by virtue of their own poor life choices.

Old people , people with compromised immune systems, asmatics, people with mosquitoe born illnesses etc are among many groups at risk that have nothing to do with lifestyle choices, just stop.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

I addressed the weirdness that attaches to the 'Pandemic Madness' (or Spirit) on this Post:
originally posted by: St Udio

in-as-much, this snippet:

the CV pandemic is not Gods' or Angelic work.... weaponized virus is a product of sinister minded humans who are likely influenced by the Anti-God Spirits locked in the Earth's Abyss (nether realm)

about 6-8 April I began catching glimpses of a 'dark creature' in our residence
bunny sized or year old cat size, a Black Fog of a being that is always at the edge of your visual field & 'poof' disappears when your eyes focus on that black & vaporous form

always close to a corner of a room, or under a chair or table...totally elusive, no eyes or ears/mouth, just a head & torso with 4 legs...

I refuse to confront IT, ...

I think that perhaps the 'Black lifeform' is part of the whole Spirit-of-the-Age frequency/resonance we are all wrapped up in at the moment......continues.....

I kinda think the jet-black blob/glob Amoeba like Spirit entity is one of billions of 'em that are stationed at all humans' dwellings, possibly 'scouts' or 'sensors' which are direct extensions of the CV consciousness and might be 'activated' by evil intentioned forces to infect the lodgers at their domicile or sanctuary (why is COVID19 so elusive and so focused on targets

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It's been a few days....
Please read this!

This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES ONLY!!!

...not debating and/or bickering

...not chit chat, DIET ADVICE, SOAP BOX speeches, recipes, political trolling, class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Numbers Update for USA, and Elsewhere (BNO still not updating) :

www.worldometers.info...

Hong Kong is slowly dropping down the list...soon to be off the 4th page altogether.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Financial Times Graphs by John Burn-Murdoch, more at the link :

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
4 confirmed and 5 probable cases in Aotearoa/New Zealand today. No new deaths. Nobody has tried injecting disinfectant.
edit on 25-4-2020 by Cloudbuster because: Added info.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So much for the herd immunity if WHO is to be believed. "No evidence" that recovered COVID-19 patients cannot be reinfected: WHO
www.reuters.com...

“Some governments have suggested that the detection of antibodies to the SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, could serve as the basis for an ‘immunity passport’ or ‘risk-free certificate’ that would enable individuals to travel or to return to work assuming that they are protected against re-infection,” the WHO said.

“There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection,” it said.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Thailand: after a good week with new cases 15, 13, 15, yesterday we had 53 new cases, total deaths now 51.
This surge of new cases was largely due to a group of illegal non-Thai fishing workers in the south.
Apart from that cluster it would have been 11 new cases yesterday.

A large group of Thais have been repatriated from India, mostly monks as I understand it. Everyone returning from other countries goes into quarantine in decent hotels. We'll see how many of them will turn out positive as time goes on.

There's so little sign of covid illness in Thailand that everyone is more than ready to return to normal, I think. People need to earn a living. Alcohol sales have been prohibited for a few weeks now, so of course many want that ban lifted.

The government is trying to proceed cautiously to avoid a fresh outbreak so all people can do is wait.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Update: just a short while after I posted above, 15 volunteer health workers from our village showed up unexpectedly at our place to hand out masks, record our temps, have us disinfect our hands with sanitizer and...pose with them for a group photo!

Lots of laughter and fun. They said they haven't found anyone in the local community who shows symptoms.
edit on 25-4-2020 by Tamsuan because: added a bit for clarity

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

Is it just my eyes, or are the US numbers starting to trend slightly upward?

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
So much for the herd immunity if WHO is to be believed. "No evidence" that recovered COVID-19 patients cannot be reinfected: WHO
www.reuters.com...

“Some governments have suggested that the detection of antibodies to the SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, could serve as the basis for an ‘immunity passport’ or ‘risk-free certificate’ that would enable individuals to travel or to return to work assuming that they are protected against re-infection,” the WHO said.

“There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection,” it said.

it's really too early to talk about "herd immunity." And yes, they've been reporting for a number of weeks that people are getting reinfected.

So while we do make antibodies, they may not be long-lasting ones. And we don't know how much worse it might be if you have it, recover, and then it hits again... and again. (and the medical bill from something like that might be a real financial blow.)

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

Is it just my eyes, or are the US numbers starting to trend slightly upward?
Are you looking at the graph or raw data? The graph is a rolling average and it looks pretty flat for the last 5 days of rolling average, but the raw data could show an uptick that hasn't turned up the rolling average yet. In fact FT has a new article titled "Coronavirus latest: US death toll accelerates as Trump calls halt to media briefings" but it's behind a paywall so I can't read it. If someone here subscribes to Financial times or has another source maybe they can enlighten us.

alphabetaone posted this graph of the raw data, without a rolling average, which shows a spike on 4/16 and another one on 4/23, both of which are Thursdays which raises the question of some kind of weekly cycle in the reporting, or could be a coincidence.

US

Not to mention, if the US is experiencing economic hardship, then everyone is.... including Sweden.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Those are actually day-over-day deaths in the US, I THINK it might be coincidence considering other weeks without such spikes..honestly not enough data right now to draw any real conclusions about that though. I'm curious to see this 6 months out.

One thing I DO know about upwards trends though, is that the US and Worldwide CFR percentage is trending upwards (though not unexpected). Which is something to keep in mind considering seasonal flu is .001 percent compared to right now in the vicinity of 7% worldwide and 5% US

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Arbitrageur

Those are actually day-over-day deaths in the US
What are you using for a definition of "day-over-day"? It doesn't look like day over day data.

Is it not just daily deaths?

If it's "day over day" and there are less deaths today than yesterday, say 2000 deaths today compared to 3000 deaths yesterday, isn't that a change of -1000 if you compared today's deaths to yesterday's deaths?

Day over day defintion
"Compared to the same time period in the previous day."

-1000 would be a comparison, but I'm not seeing any negative numbers in that graph as I would expect to see in a day over day graph where there are daily declines.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

In order to kill viruses/microorganisms in the air, you need a minimum of 15 minutes to an hour exposure at low doses.

Someone tried it while standing in the room

The sunburn lasted for quite awhile.

If you bring people into a sterile room, it becomes non-sterile. You have to sterilize the humans and their clothing (as in an operating room.)

Here is another study to consider. It’s by Colombia University on a safe use of UV light to prevent the spread of viruses
Using the Power of Light: Preventing the Airborne Spread of Coronavirus and Influenza Virus

(sigh) Yes. Did you read the paper?

Allow me to quote from the paper-- bolding is mine...

We’ve shown that this light can kill influenza viruses, and now aim to determine if it can also kill coronaviruses. Take a look at the video below to see how it works.

Working in a safe environment with no possibility of anyone being exposed to coronavirus, we will “aerosolize” the viruses—meaning that we turn them into a fine spray—and we will flow this spray through a chamber in front of our far-UVC lamps. We will then test to find out how many of the viruses were killed by the light. If we can confirm that far-UVC light does efficiently kill coronaviruses, lights could be deployed anywhere people congregate, including schools, airports, train stations, airplanes, and hospitals, to limit the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19 as well as other coronaviruses that cause other respiratory diseases.

So they don't actually know it does and this is a theory they want to test.

In short, exposure to far-UVC light is safe for people, but potentially lethal for viruses in the air.

As you said, "potentially." Not confirmed.

Preventing the spread is key now. Especially with Fall and Flu season approaching.

Oh heck yes. And preventing flu from spreading as well. Low cost solutions would be wonderful - IF proven.

But it hasn't been proven. It's one of those wonderful ideas that is so far off the scale that no agency will fund it. They've taken the wonderful step of crowdfunding it (I heartily approve) and in theory it might work. I think it would be an excellent solution for places like grocery stores an so forth.

But right now it is only a hot idea and hasn't actually been tested.

(Sigh) Did you read my first sentence. Something to consider...

Of course I read the article. The point was that it’s great these ideas we heard about from the President are being pursued, and it seems we have a head start.

I never said they found proof or challenging you. I’m trying to bring more information to this important thread for people who have

I appreciate what you have said, I just wanted to add more information for people to consider before throwing out UV light as being useless.

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join