It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 277
<< 274  275  276    278  279  280 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Its the 'Stealth Variant' of Omicron, BA.2, or maybe BA.1.1.
More likely BA.2.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Update : Tokyo , Japan
March 16, 2022 Wednesday

Infected cases confirmed since the beginning : nearly 6million people Japan has a population of about 134 million people

Confirmed deaths : 26,262 I don't know if deaths are slowing down since the reporting varies from week to week

1st dose of vaccine : 102 million people 80 % vaccinated
2nd dose of vaccine : 1,500,000 people 79 % vaccinated
3rd dose of vaccine ( no current update on this yet )

Just reported : Japan firms near domestic rollout of their COVID-19 vaccines ( sorry paid subscriber to get more info of this from Japan Times )

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Holy crap, we're back!!!

Woo-hoo!

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I thought it was just local

Yay for ATS.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
SO looking on the UK Sars-cov-2 infection Stats site

The booster numbers indicate less than 3 million people have a viable protection to the virus.

Total – booster or third dose today 38,665,626 go back to Jan 9th 35,664,164 - the waning is on folks going to need the 4th soon.

Now do the 20million confirmed cases need the boosting? The MSM will say "yes" but do they?

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   
You gotta love this photo! While our leaders tell us it’s safe to de-mask, they be like:

thehill.com...

(Sorry, not a clue or the inclination to go through the unnecessary hoops to add a photo to a post).

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hmmm..... I had a new student start with me today. She works in the NHS (bank system).
She cited 2 cases out of many she could tell me.
One a 37 year old woman with a clot in her arm that has taken 4 months to develop since her booster. Same arm as vaccine. 'Tested positive' for you know what, but no symptoms.
Second lady, mid 40's completely numb and paralysed down her left side, same side as jab. Again several months after her booster and tested positive with no symptoms. All neurological tests are drawing a blank.
Many others on the wards she attends. The Government of course are reporting there is a spike in covid admissions into hospitals.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I’m surprised the Abramovich poisoning hasn’t been blamed on covid. Seems like it’ll be used to cover a multitude of sins

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I wonder what variants are at play on China’s new lockdown tight now - if indeed they’ve been idolised/acknowledged.

Seeing the epic lockdowns happening there as a byline in the msm gives me strong vibes of January 2020. Western politicians and news outlets having their heads far up there own whatsits that they don’t recognise the inevitable, imminent danger until it’s too late.

Or perhaps they did/do, but some hefty wads of cash stuffed into back pockets kept their mouths shut until plausible deniability was exhausted. I see Fauci’s already warning of more waves (read as signalling pfitzer of large dividends)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 07:03 AM
link   
We rarely had children come down with covid. Now since they are vaccinating children, an increase of children are coming down with "something". The are still calling it the corona virus. I would NEVER allow any of my children to be vax with whatever it is.
I think we are going to see a lot of sad parents soon here in Japan.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   
We've moved on from C19 "gonna kill you" to...."Russian's gonna poison us"..... do try and keep up hun!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Doing my best

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Last thing i read somewhere was talking about an Omicron-Omicron re-merging, and that deltacron was actually a thing.
I've seen reference to BA.4, or Omicron 4 (1 being the original, 2 being the 'Stealth variant', 3 not doing much at all...).

Will have to do a piccy update and see what the grapevine has to offer

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The Forbes Dude (William Haseltine) has some answers, it seems :

Very well worth the read, from January. Detail about BA.2 (Stealth Omicron)
This is the second in a series on the Omicron variants.

More on BA.2 mostly
This is the third in a series on the Omicron variants.

The Omicron Family, and Family Tree, and newcomer BA.2.H78Y
This is the fifth in a series on the Omicron variants.

Info on BA.4
An Omicron-Omicron Recombinant—BA.4

Some pertinent pics from the above links (thumbnails coming up as 404's when clicked, so big pics) :

This one shows visually the two different ways BA.1 and BA.2 enter the body (As I understood it):

Edit : Oh, and the main reason Hamsters were singled out in Hong Kong and other places (from one of the Forbes articles I just read) was that they were the only ones to have a very bad reaction to BA.1/2 (of all the animals tested, monkeys, mice, mink, deer, etc...), and there was fear of having that passed back to a Human, and spread among the population.
So, the Hamster Cull.

edit on 30-3-2022 by MonkeyBalls2 because: Hamster bit

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS

Ivermectin failed as a Covid treatment, a large clinical trial found. The drug surged in popularity despite no strong evidence that it worked.

Ivermectin Does Not Reduce Risk of Covid Hospitalization, Large Study Finds

The anti-parasitic drug ivermectin, which has surged in popularity as an alternative treatment for Covid-19 despite a lack of strong research to back it up, showed no sign of alleviating the disease, according to results of a large clinical trial published on Wednesday.

The study, which compared more than 1,300 people infected with the coronavirus in Brazil who received either ivermectin or a placebo, effectively ruled out the drug as a treatment for Covid, the study’s authors said.

“There’s really no sign of any benefit,” said Dr. David Boulware, an infectious-disease expert at the University of Minnesota.

link
I hope this is available since it may be a registered times subscribers-only story. I hope not.

Of course, many still will think it's a deep state conspiracy. Be that as it may, here are the results of a scientific study on the drug

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz
And of course its from the New York Times citing likely a Liberal scientific study group.

A study that is pushing and promoting failed vaccines.
Which now these covid vaccines are causing issues on those who are mostly vaccinated and the mainstream news media wont report.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
We rarely had children come down with covid. Now since they are vaccinating children, an increase of children are coming down with "something". The are still calling it the corona virus. I would NEVER allow any of my children to be vax with whatever it is.
I think we are going to see a lot of sad parents soon here in Japan.

Whatever it is that they are vaccinating the people it is likely why there is BA.2 variant if that is even real.
At this rate i am done with this charade.

edit on 31-3-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Thanks for the update!

Not having the faintest grasp of molecular biology (would that be the correct field of study) i can only look at those pics and guess...

Those guesses are that BA.4 is the Avengers Assemble of Covid - bad news if it gets a grip. And that BA.2 gets into the cell in one fell swoop, rather than 5 tiers of process. Gulp!

Not sure now whether to up my quercitin/zinc/D3 doses, or just give up altogether!

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The biggie I get from what I've read last night (still got 4 tabs of more stuff to read, thankfully I have beer), is that you can see BA.4 as maybe having picked some parts from both BA.1 and BA.3, but we don't know if there is any rationality in the choosing, or if it's completely random.
It could get some good bits and some bad bits (for us), or mostly good bits, or mostly bad bits, or all bad bits (for us).
Seeing the numbers of 'mutations' it has to choose from, there are quite a lot of permutations, and just one could be the key to become a 'killer' virus, or a really crap one.
BA.4 isn't looking like being able to beat BA.2, which is in full stride wherever it is.

It's all down to probabilities in the end though, I think.
As I've said before, the sheer number of cases will mean that the probability of a 'Bad One' (for us) coming, is almost 1, or 100% chance.
I was only counting on the Human infections though. 58 Million worldwide right now, but lets x10 just for the cases that aren't being picked up or asymptomatic. Thats potentially 580 million human hosts, and possibilities for a different 'mutation' outcome.
Not all infected hosts will mutate the virus though, in any meaningful way. Many won't.
But Rats, White-tailed deer, hamsters, cats, gorillas, other monkeys, and many more species are also infected hosts.
Rats alone come into close proximity with a large part of certain populations around the world.
The animals would have to mutate something to us that they could pass to us, and infect us.
Normally, that would be very low, for swine flu, and bird flu, for example.
But if we gave the animals this, then it's already got the codes for infecting us, and would probably be much easier to pass back to us.
Guessing how many rats, mink, deer, etc there are in the world who could potentially, or are already known to have, the virus, is orders of magnitude greater than Humans alone.
The probability, in my eyes, now is almost certainly 100% of a 'bad one' happening, it's just when, or how often it happens, and can we do preventative measures to reduce the impact to humanity.

Prepare for the worst, and hope for the best

Have i mentioned i'm a bit of a huge pessimist ?

The BA.1 and BA.2 differences at entering the body pic was one I liked a lot.
As far as I understood, just about every one of the Covid variants has entered the body like BA.1, and they don't know how or whatever about why BA.2 is so different from the others before.

The scientists were also perplexed at how BA.1, BA.2 and BA.3 appeared almost all three at the same time, but are as different as Alpha, Delta and Gamma were to each other (very different).
Its like having triplets who are each completely different, in their own way, so as to think they were not siblings.
I'm not sure where BA.4 has been found yet, I'll have to have a look at the GISAID data on nextstrain.org.

edit : South Africa (4) and Colorado USA (1), and Puerto Rico (1). 6 samples is a very small batch
From the BA.4 article a few posts above.

edit on 31-3-2022 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added edit

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
So in a country were a trial drug is freely available over the counter and used for the original purpose didn't find any difference in cases.

If you get
1 person who is dying in ICU with no ivermectin given.
Recovers when given Ivermectin released from ICU
then relapses when the ivermectin treatment is withdrawn in recovery, is returned to the ICU.
Given Ivermectin again in ICU recovers, leaves the hospital to continue treatment at home is alive today.

That seems to be a great example of it working.
Would you turn down the chance of living because of the Brazilian study or try it because it worked in the New York case?

top topics

<< 274  275  276    278  279  280 >>

join