It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying
I’m not sure what to think of this either. If I’m reading this right, every adult will get 2k a month even if they are employed or not.

Wouldn’t businesses that are struggling lay off even more people because they know their employees would be essentially “double dipping” and there by without guilt, lay them off?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BPilgrim

I did read the link. There's no reference to $240K. It maybe can be inferred with stating $130k per person, but the devil is in the details. Should my 19 year old son who lives at home and makes maybe $200 a week working part-time receive $2,000 a month. Absolutely not.

How is it no skin off my back? We'll all be taxed to death to pay for this once things turn around.
Let's just call this what it really is and not pussy foot around...an attempt at UBI.

For people who can't afford basic necessities, there's already plenty of programs available.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FellowHuman

I've posted this about a vaccine: The SARS , its been 16 years now and no vaccine has been developed yet. So this BS about a vaccine for corona ( the soft toning of the marketing of one in my opinion as of today is just to give hope and nothing more) heck there isn't even a drug out that can successfully treat "all patients" as of today.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Under normal circumstances I would agree that there are programs around to help those people, but these aren't normal circumstances and those programs aren't adequately funded or staffed to handle what's happening. We have families who have worked hard every day of their lives and are now at risk of losing their modest home or their vehicles through no fault of their own.

I don't know that this is the answer and would agree that someone like your son who doesn't have a house payment to make shouldn't qualify. Still, something has to be done and we need to be empathetic to others suffering.

Let's assume 50,000,000 Americans qualified and payments went on for 12 months. That's 1.2 trillion onto a debt that's already nearly 23 trillion. Approx 5% increase and no need to raise taxes to pay down an already unserviceable debt. And if they do need to be raised, let them raise them for the rich sobs, not middle class.

As far as UBI goes, it's inevitable. Robots and automation will see to that soon enough. That or we can just let half of people be homeless.

edit on 15-4-2020 by BPilgrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

That is all fine and dandy, but the point nobody has mentioned yet at all is the 'velocity of money' leading to higher inflation from this extra 1.2 trillion hitting the every day economy theoretically over the period of a year. That 2k is going to be printed for everyone who qualifies, and it will be almost immediately 'spent', driving up the prices of all the basic necessities which won't be increasing in availability to keep up with the extra money in the economy. It is a zero sum game. Nobody can both 'have their cake' and 'eat it too'. Sorry to be kind of grim, but yeah, the economy is already totally screwed whatever happens now - massive debt default and deflation, or alternatively massive inflation from money printing are baked into the cake, leading to serious hardship for the average 'Joe' either way.

edit on 15-4-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: added some fluff

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Your math makes sense, and at those levels, I probably wouldn't have an issue with it....especially since we just spent over $2 trillion. Hopefully 50 million people wouldn't turn into 150 million people in perpetuity instead of 12 months.

Don't think I'm heartless, but I've seen people try to game the system my whole life, and a program like this would be open season for fraud.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

It's going to get ugly. Being middle class, I'm all for bringing back the pre Reagan wealth tax to help offset the hurt.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

I hear you, there is no perfect system. And I don't think you're heartless, It frustrates me to see able bodied men and women on the corner asking for handouts (pre-covid) I don't like bums and free loaders anymore than the next guy.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Have there been recorded cases whereby a person was known to have a strong healthy immune system but died?

Not from this.

There has certainly been cases of very fit people. I recall a 39 year old Italy runner who was pretty fit but died of the Chrojan!

Lots of cases of cytokine storm, which is actually proof of a malfunctioning/weakened immune system.

Again - just because someone appears to be healthy, doesn't mean they are.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Today in Aotearoa/New Zealand 6 confirmed and 9 probable cases.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Have there been recorded cases whereby a person was known to have a strong healthy immune system but died?

Not from this.

There has certainly been cases of very fit people. I recall a 39 year old Italy runner who was pretty fit but died of the Chrojan!

Lots of cases of cytokine storm, which is actually proof of a malfunctioning/weakened immune system.

Again - just because someone appears to be healthy, doesn't mean they are.

A cytokine storm happens to healthy people that have a strong immune system.... Inside a Cytokine Storm: When Your Immune System is Too Strong

Ironically, in most cases, it is the strength of their immune response that can put a healthy person at risk for complications associated with the flu. While most of the time a strong immune system is key to keeping an infection in check, sometimes the body’s reaction to being infected with the flu presents the greatest danger to an otherwise healthy person.

“A cytokine storm is generally what leads to otherwise healthy young people dying of the flu,” says David Martin, Senior Medical Director at Pfizer. “We saw that in the flu pandemic that happened at the end of World War I and we’re still seeing it today.”

“Cytokine storms get a lot of attention because they are so dramatic,” says Martin. “Their potential to do serious harm is very real, especially in a younger population with robust immunity.”

edit on 15/4/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Free COVID-19 tests for all Tennesseans available starting Saturday.

I dont know how I feel about this. They will be testing in my local area from 9 am to 3 pm. It is nice that it is free and that now anyone can get tested but I really am not sure if this is something I would want to do. It will probably be a mad house as people go to get tested.

www.wjhl.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Update Apr.15/20
Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases (by JHU CSSE)

gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Canada *** Total= 28,253 ***
14,860-Quebec, 8,447-Ontario, 1,870-Alberta, 1,561-British Columbia,
549-Nova Scotia, 304-Saskatchewan, 246-Manitoba, 117-New Brunswick,
247-Newfoundland & Labrador, 26-Prince Edward Island,
5-Northwest Territories, 8-Yukon, 13-Grand Princess,

coronavirus.1point3acres.com... USA & Canada Updates

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lostsock

In all honesty, if you haven't left your house or had any visits in the last 30 days, I'd probably skip it.
But if you've been out in the open with people not wearing mask, by all means, get a test.

I don't trust govt. employees at all. Just to let you know that.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
My health minister just today admitted that the current strategy is herd immunity
until a vaccine is created (which ever comes first)
therefore 70-80% of the population is expected to get it.
That our distancing measures is to assure a bed is avaliable when/if a person goes serious,and there is adequate PPE.
Brutal truth
This is pandemic to endemic level thinking.
edit on 16-4-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
a reply to: MrRCflying
I didn't see where this magical money is coming from. This is getting crazy. Supply proper protective gear and get people back to work.

The payments would continue for at least six months and would last until unemployment falls to pre-coronavirus levels.

So what is the limit here? twelve months? twenty-four? What if the unemployment never returns to the pre-coronavirus levels? Will the payments continue past that?

If they just print up money and push us all into hyperinflation, then we will all be REALLY screwed. That money won't be worth, literally, toilet paper by weight.

IMHO.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
a reply to: FellowHuman

I've posted this about a vaccine: The SARS , its been 16 years now and no vaccine has been developed yet. So this BS about a vaccine for corona ( the soft toning of the marketing of one in my opinion as of today is just to give hope and nothing more) heck there isn't even a drug out that can successfully treat "all patients" as of today.

Seems to me that I read somewhere that they did develop a vaccine for SARS a while back. During testing, ALL test subjects died after being administered the vaccine and then exposed to SARS. And there is talk of this coronavirus having some HIV bits and pieces thrown into the mix too. Any successful vaccines for HIV yet?

IMHO, I don't think it wise to be holding your breath waiting for that vaccine.

Sure would be rough on all victims to wind up on anti-virals for the rest of their lives. Speaking of which, strikes me as odd that any cheap and readily available anti-viral is getting short sheeted in testing "results". Blood in the water does tend to draw sharks, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

That is all fine and dandy, but the point nobody has mentioned yet at all is the 'velocity of money' leading to higher inflation from this extra 1.2 trillion hitting the every day economy theoretically over the period of a year. That 2k is going to be printed for everyone who qualifies, and it will be almost immediately 'spent', driving up the prices of all the basic necessities which won't be increasing in availability to keep up with the extra money in the economy. It is a zero sum game. Nobody can both 'have their cake' and 'eat it too'. Sorry to be kind of grim, but yeah, the economy is already totally screwed whatever happens now - massive debt default and deflation, or alternatively massive inflation from money printing are baked into the cake, leading to serious hardship for the average 'Joe' either way.

It will be interesting to see if this money they are throwing at everyone will have to be listed as taxable income. My, if so, won't that be a surprise to a lot of folks when they do their taxes next year?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostsock
Free COVID-19 tests for all Tennesseans available starting Saturday.

I dont know how I feel about this. They will be testing in my local area from 9 am to 3 pm. It is nice that it is free and that now anyone can get tested but I really am not sure if this is something I would want to do. It will probably be a mad house as people go to get tested.

www.wjhl.com...

What do they claim concerning the accuracy of the test? If it's not 100%, I doubt I would be interested. People getting false positives might be jumping off of bridges.

edit on 16-4-2020 by Rich Z because: Wrong word usage. Duh!

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

1.5 to 2mil I reckon possible deaths by end of year, not 20mil.

You are probably about right and lets hope you are high and there are a lot less. But maybe China's real numbers would up this a fair bit. We will just after to see what happens with India, Pakistan & Africa and other Non health service states (how do they control & manage it? and how long will it take before sufficient citizens act to stop the spread and death) over the next 8 months. And how many waves there are.

My calculations assume that the infection rates will continue to grow steadily at the current rate (globally). So if cases fall for the current leading nations, other nations numbers will fill the void. Hope the assumption is wrong! Because it its not then sh.t!

Lets first see what the global numbers look like on 30 Apr 2020 and compare them with the predicted. Then again 30 June because this will give a fair indication what will happen July-Dec 2020.

If some of things suggested and ideas about this Chrojan Virus turn out to be true then f.ck!

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join