It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
From French Live Feed :

- 20h02 : " A Third of the Sailors on the 'Charles de Gaulle' Aircraft carrier test positive for COVID-19. "

31 of the 668 positive cases are in Hospital, with 1 in ER.

- 20h18 : 99 Year old Tom Moore, of Bedfordshire, is highlighted.
He is doing 100 laps of his garden for charity, tomorrow is the day he hits the 100th lap.

It is over £8 Million as of the BBC news earlier.

- 20h54 : " Face Mask, or covering, now obligatory in New York, where social distancing not possible (Public Transit, etc) "

Governor Cuomo tweets

- 21h : " Every Parisian will get an official fabric Mask" says Anne Hidalgo Mayor of Paris.
Washable apparently.

- 21h30 : " Vecteur Energy", in Puy-en Velay, has been busted by the Fraud Office for producing a sub-par Alcohol based hand gel.
They were caught in "flagrante delicto", so are considered to have done it deliberately.
Over 2,000 Bottles of the Gel were sold, named "Solution Hydroalcoolic", and people are being told to not use them, and to take it back to where they bought it.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Confirmed new cases jumped back up in New York State today. We had been holding a bit steady around 7-8k new cases a day. I wonder why there was a 30%+ surge today?

Yesterday: 7,468 new confirmed cases

Today: 10,656 new confirmed cases

Worldometers

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
Here's this afternoons update for NY this morning it was 203123 now 213779, with 11586 dead:
www.worldometers.info...

Then we have this from cuomo, everyone will be required to wear face coverings in public:
www.wktv.com...

NEW YORK (AP) - New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said state residents will be required to wear face coverings when they are out and coming in close contact with other people. The new mandate will require a mask or face covering on busy streets, public transit or any situation where people cannot maintain six feet of social distancing.

Not only that, he also said we will have to continue to social distance until a vaccine comes out, possibly 18 months.

Great, a year and a half of wearing masks and staying at home. Good thing we still have a number of months of supplies, not much need to go out.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sean

Out of Hopkins, BNO and Worldometers, Worldo seems to have the higher numbers first, but they have a different timeline to BNO.
One is GMT to GMT and BNO is on another 24h set.

Hopkins is always lower, as they seem to only take into account official numbers from certain sources.
It also depends if the person died in a Hospital, Care home, retirement home, or at home, with less chance as you go on of being officially counted at all.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying
Read "Deaths" instead of "New Cases", sorry

edit on 15-4-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added editand 2nd quote

edit on 15-4-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Not only that, he also said we will have to continue to social distance until a vaccine comes out, possibly 18 months. Great, a year and a half of wearing masks and staying at home. Good thing we still have a number of months of supplies, not much need to go out.

Yup, this is (correction) has gotten old real fast.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Oh my.... Not sure what I should think about this.

US House Democrats have introduced a plan. Who knows if it will go through.

Every adult, 16 and over, that makes under $130,000 a year would receive $2,000 per month for at least 6 months until the unemployment rate comes back down to normal levels.

On one hand, I am not big on social programs, just handing out money. It will put the government further in debt, thus the people in the long run.

On the other hand, these are the strangest times any of us have ever seen. A lot of people could use the extra money, myself included.

Business Insider

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have heard nothing about the Homeless populations in California or elsewhere It must be spreading like wildfire in their homeless camps .

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

in Sf they are putting them up in empty hotel rooms www.npr.org...

Local lawmakers in San Francisco have given the mayor 12 days to secure 7,000 hotel rooms to house the city's homeless population during the coronavirus emergency, plus another 1,250 rooms for frontline workers. The emergency ordinance passed by the San Francisco Board of Supervisors requires Mayor London Breed to secure the rooms by April 26 and asks her to use emergency powers to commandeer the rooms if she is unable to reach deals with hotel owners. The vote, taken via videoconference, was a rebuke to what has until now been the mayor's more moderate strategy to place only the city's most vulnerable homeless people in hotel rooms. The legislation highlights the ongoing challenges that San Francisco and other cities face in managing large homeless populations, whose susceptibility to COVID-19 threatens broader efforts to contain the spread of the virus. As of Tuesday, San Francisco had leased about 2,000 hotel rooms but filled less than half of them. It was prioritizing rooms for homeless people older than 60 or those with underlying health conditions that put them at greater risk of death should they contract COVID-19.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sean
My question would be how many that are infected and don't know? So what you see on Hopkins website isn't as accurate as people think.

Well, if people are infected and no one knows about it, then no matter where you see the numbers, they are not accurate.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: doggodlol
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Italy and Spain have not included deaths at home or care-home from some data for these two country's there figure will already be at 60k to 90k.

If you're just guessing your number/ please don't.
There is no guessing, its just predictive calculus. I have written an A whereby I input the numbers and it spits out the prediction and all I have to do to refine it is adjust the assumption parameters and input the number updates! My model also allows for a 25-50% error in recorded numbers. Lets see how my numbers do and what the declared recorded numbers are on 30 Apr 2020. And compare my numbers with the actual declarations. And I hope I am so wrong and the numbers are much less that the minimums my model predicts.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I didn't see where this magical money is coming from. This is getting crazy. Supply proper protective gear and get people back to work.

The payments would continue for at least six months and would last until unemployment falls to pre-coronavirus levels.

So what is the limit here? twelve months? twenty-four? What if the unemployment never returns to the pre-coronavirus levels? Will the payments continue past that?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
I didn't see where this magical money is coming from. This is getting crazy. Supply proper protective gear and get people back to work.

The payments would continue for at least six months and would last until unemployment falls to pre-coronavirus levels.

So what is the limit here? twelve months? twenty-four? What if the unemployment never returns to the pre-coronavirus levels? Will the payments continue past that?

And those are the questions to which we don't have answers. They can always print more money, right?

At some point we do need to get back to work, even though I think it is early yet. Doing so will just increase the spread again. On the other hand, we can't just live on government toll forever.

Corundum 101

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
More bad news.... Turning into a bad day.

I don't fully understand the story, I would have to study up on it, but it don't sound good.

A significant mutation in the virus has been found, and it may make the search for a vaccine 'futile'.

Mutation

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
I have heard nothing about the Homeless populations in California or elsewhere It must be spreading like wildfire in their homeless camps .

From Fox News (and other sources) California moving homeless to hotels to help stem COVID-19 crisis

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

From Fox News (and other sources) California moving homeless to hotels to help stem COVID-19 crisis

That's all good but inst a Hotel like a land locked cruise ship ?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The FDA-approved gold drug Auranofin inhibits novel coronavirus (SARS-COV-2) replication and attenuates inflammation in human cells (link to PDF)

Herein, we report that the FDA-approved gold drug, auranofin, inhibits SARS-COV-2 replication in human cells at low micro molar concentration. Treatment of cells with auranofin resulted in a 95% reduction in the viral RNA at 48 hours after infection. Auranofin treatment dramatically reduced the expression of SARS-COV-2-induced cytokines in human cells

TRANSLATION: A drug (a gold "salt" (salt in the chemical term) known as auranofin which is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis) slows the replication of Covid-19 and potentially can slow or stop the "cytokene storm" phase that causes so many deaths.

This is a preprint report and has not been peer reviewed. (Note: No hospital was involved, which makes me rather cautious about the glowing report)
edit on 15-4-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Interesting we haven't heard from all those people that take silver solutions. Metals might be an interesting way to halt bugs and viruses, as Copper will let a bug live for about five minutes , where a plastic surface just lets it sit indefinitely.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

That's pretty disturbing if it turns out true.

We have seen many minor variants, but a big mutation would make any current Vaccine potentially useless.
Especially since it would seem to bind differently.

Link to the biorxiv.org PDF on this (from your Foxnews link).

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Well, this is actually a study (non peer-reviewed) performed by the Cold Springs Harbor Lab in NY. I think FOX news took it a bit out of context in an alarmist way.

They do go on to explain that

One suggestion for the next step of therapeutic development is probably to focus on the identification of potential human ACE2 receptor blocker, as suggested in a recent commentary. This approach will avoid the above-mentioned challenge faced by vaccine development.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join