It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12
LOL, wow ... Ever since i saw the videos in China, I knew this was bad. Why would China shut down their economy over 'just the flu'. What's so surreal about all of this is that all of the underground information we had from China that was discredited, is all coming to pass in drips and drabs. And for all of us that have followed it and believed since then, it's just so obvious we have had the truth hidden from us.

Hard to believe people still rely on these monkeys for news and reliable information. They all have a clear agenda.

Feels like we might be entering a period of awakening?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulReaper

The 3% has been removed. They don’t have to have a reserve. Thanks for the research. 👍👍👍👍👍. I heard they waived the reserve requirements this past weekend.....

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Sure.

You say this as a reaction to not getting completely locked down but partly to slow infection rates:

Yes, and everyone over a certain age, or with any "underlying health conditions", shall remain locked up forever more. If it's undiagnosed, then what? Wait for a vaccine? Don't hold your breath. How long have they been working on a SARS vaccine? Which mutation of nCoV would you vaccine for? How ever many there are now, there will soon be many more.

When you start to discount for all those 'healthies' who are close contacts of 'unhealthies', you ain't got nearly enough for herd immunity. Many must die.

Of course you can slow it down to such a rate with a full lock down that your elderly and unhealthies have died from old age and lack of help as they are in lock down and scream 'but we saved them from this disease'.

It is finding an equibrilerium in it. Yes people will die. They die like Iran when there is no control and they will die in a decade of lock down.

But feel free to lock up yourself and whatever country you're in though. The herd immunity approach without full lockdown is a good approach imo.

I'm not sure what your point is. You were claiming I didn't understand herd immunity. Are you now debating the pros and cons of herd immunity? I'm not sure whether this is constructive really because I think herd immunity is great! I just don't agree with holding our children up in front of us as shields and shrugging off the unavoidable deaths of millions due to underlying health conditions or because they are over a certain age. It was 80, then 75, now murmurs of 65. That and the fact that there are so many unknowns with this virus that herd immunity may not even be possible.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You wanna know why we don't hear from people who have recovered? This is why.

“For those of you who don’t know, I was patient zero in Tennessee,” Baumgartner said. “That’s right, I’m the 44-year-old dad in Williamson County, who has a son at BGA, works for Biogen, and has two family ‘contacts’ living in my household … who really needs HIPAA anyway, right?”

After receiving countless questions about his experience, Baumgartner decided he wanted to post about it to social media.

“Physically, my case was on the mild end of the spectrum, and I continue to recover,” he wrote. “Mentally, our experience has been all over the board. Imagine having to confront a virus, so feared, it now has the entire world on the brink of mass hysteria, while at the same time, being forced to deal with irrational panic, people demanding to know if you are the ‘one,’ where you live, and if you might have somehow infected their child or family.”

Baumgartner said the experience gave him “a whole new appreciation for those who live under the cloud of Stigma every single day of their lives. If this is you, Please know, you are not alone. We are here for you!”

People are not what you want to deal with while dealing with your own worries and being sick, but his experience has been that that's what you do go through. I don't blame any of these people for not wanting to deal with it while they're getting over it.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm no medical Dr or scientist in the conventional sense, but I am getting more and more convinced daily this thing is in your nervous system, your lungs are the symptoms not the cause.

Pondering Rainbows
Jane
edit on pm34America/ChicagoMonday2020-03-16T16:45:38-05:0004America/Chicago03000000 by angelchemuel because: spelling!

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

To be clear, you reacted on someone that stated the Dutch (right? My bad if it was another country) approach of not fully locking down with a first sentence of:

Yes, and everyone over a certain age, or with any "underlying health conditions", shall remain locked up forever more. If it's undiagnosed, then what? Wait for a vaccine?

My bad if I interpreted that wrong. As long as we are on the same page all good

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Herd immunity might work, at one hell of a cost, small pox decimated the native Americans with small pox when the Europeans came washing ashore in search of the fountain of youth.

It’s a poor idea thou I am sure the virus will mitigate err mutate indefinitely to mitigate our “herd immunity” like other viruses like the Spanish flu, h1n1 for those that need a hint..
edit on 16-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
dallas closed all clubs, gyms and theaters etc etc at midnight for at least 7 days. the the city council will get together nd see if they need to extend it. also no gathering over 50 people.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

To be clear, you reacted on someone that stated the Dutch (right? My bad if it was another country) approach of not fully locking down with a first sentence of:

Yes, and everyone over a certain age, or with any "underlying health conditions", shall remain locked up forever more. If it's undiagnosed, then what? Wait for a vaccine?

My bad if I interpreted that wrong. As long as we are on the same page all good

Thank you for your understanding. I was commenting more on the callousness of the comment, or short-sightedness of it, rather than the actual benefits of herd immunity. The virus might be a fascist by nature, it doesn't mean we have to be.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Maybe you have some intuition, neurologists are starting to look into this aspect as about 1/3 of severe patients begin to show these issues. This means we will see them start looking at CSF and seeing if it's causing these issues.

Kenneth L. Tyler, MD, FAAN, Louis Baum Endowed Professor and chair of neurology at University of Colorado School of Medicine, noted that earlier this year a report from three COVID-19-designated hospitals in Wuhan, China, indicated that more than one-third of coronavirus patients had some type of neurologic symptom, including altered consciousness, evidence of skeletal muscle damage, and acute cerebrovascular disease. [The report, which was posted online on a preprint server (MedRxiv), has not been peer-reviewed.]

"These [symptoms] were far more common in severe disease," Dr. Tyler said. "We still don't know whether the neurologic complications are reflective of direct viral injury or due to the secondary or systemic effects of infection." Dr. Tyler said it makes sense that COVID-19 would have neurologic manifestations because other coronaviruses that affect humans can invade the central nervous system.

For instance, as cases accumulated during the outbreak of Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), some neurologic complications were reported, he said.

The Spread of COVID-19: Questions Raised, Some Answered by Neuroinfectious Disease Experts

I have to go do some research on viral binding and replication and why this is happening or could. If it helps we are directly comparing the Wuhan strain to MERS so the comparison in the journal is a solid analysis. What concerns me are the meningitis like symptoms and the damage to the peripheral nervous system. This could mean it's moving from the lungs and heart to the nervous system or moving through the olfactory to the central nervous system and brain stem. Both are not good at all.
edit on 16-3-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
France to cancel all utility bills from midnight tonight. Starting to wish I lived anywhere other than the UK...

edit to add: Also massive support package ensuring no one will go out of business. Too good to be true? But still "keep calm carry on" in the UK. Oh OK Bojo!
edit on 16-3-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
France to cancel all utility bills from midnight tonight. Starting to wish I lived anywhere other than the UK...

I think we'll see the same thing - suspension of utilities, rent, mortgages, etc.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Brick17

Thanks for your updates. as always stay safe

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
No revelry in st. Pete late night. Last call 9pm. Local news in my neck of the woods. Devastating, for that economy, that’s like 100 economy.

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — St. Petersburg City Mayor Rick Kriseman has declared a local emergency amid the coronavirus pandemic. On Monday, he took the unprecedented step of banning any events that consist of more than 50 people -- in line with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's latest guidelines. That will apply to festivals, parades, concerts, sporting events and even private parties and weddings. Kriseman said events violating the guidelines could be broken up by law enforcement, as the city works hard to limit the spread of COVID-19.

Beginning at noon on Tuesday, the city will also be reducing capacity at local businesses by 50 percent. That will affect restaurants, cafes, bowling alleys, movie theaters and even the Cross-Bay Ferry. The new "last call" for alcohol will be at 9 p.m. within St. Petersburg. Public libraries, recreation centers and pools are being closed to the public until further notice. Outdoor playgrounds and exercise zones will be cleaned more frequently. City council meetings have been suspended until April 9.

St. Pete declares emergency, limits capacity at local restaurants
edit on 16-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
We are only testing those admitted to hospital
No community testing (at least not widely)
a reply to: DAZ21

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JamieJJones

I think we'll see the same thing - suspension of utilities, rent, mortgages, etc.

Shame my gas electric and rent all come out tomorrow

Just found the following article, apparently Alton Towers are "monitoring the situation" but currently still planning to open at the weekend

Stoke Sentinel

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueSwan

originally posted by: JamieJJones

Shame my gas electric and rent all come out tomorrow

Just found the following article, apparently Alton Towers are "monitoring the situation" but currently still planning to open at the weekend

Stoke Sentinel

I can't see how they'll expect people to survive without stopping rent etc - I mean most people live month to month and simply won't have any money to pay.

I also wonder about how people will buy food when they have no money.

I've always hated the zero hours contract that have been allowed, there are almost a million employed people on them - how the hell will they cope unless we have rationing of food?

I think we're going to see some very weird changes that will boggle peoples minds.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

edit to add: Also massive support package ensuring no one will go out of business. Too good to be true? But still "keep calm carry on" in the UK. Oh OK Bojo!

They are going to delay, not cancel the payments.

300 BIllion for Businesses (Macron is a Banker after all)

Luckily France has one of the best Medical Services in the World.
I think this will finally sink in, and it will become a lot like Italy and Spain, in the Good sense.
People will stay calm, and get their bread.

Boredom is going to be a hard thing to beat.
Canal+ is having its channel air unencrypted for free, and those that pay, now have access to everything, all the Canal+ Channels etc...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

How you holding up 'up country'? Few more cases down here, but still no exact locations. I've heard from various people that schools will shut on the 20th, rather than 27th.

I'm still having to get both a train and bus into work daily at the moment, just curious how long until these services start to dwindle out - my local train station has been short staffed recently due to 2 of them being off with 'the flu'.

Stay safe

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join