It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
And so it begins with fast food.

Taco Bell plans to do drive through, or delivery only. No more sitting at a cramped booth, scarfing down mystery meat.

Taco Bell

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Small update [Netherlands]

- Total 1135 confirmed. (Many unconfirmed due to no-testing.)
- Total 20 deaths confirmed.
- All schools closed.
- Cafe's, Restaurants, Sportclubs etc. Closed.
- Driving exams scrapped till atleast Mrt 31th.

Press conference at 1730u.
Tomorrow, Prime-Minister Rutte will adress the country.
edit on 15-3-2020 by Asgaard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
Dr. Fauci explains why coronavirus is worse than flu.

www.... foxnews.com/politics/fauci-explains-why-coronavirus-is-worse-than-flu-warns-against-americans-fleeing-europe-immediately

I really respect this guy. Seems to be very level headed. He does not sugar coat, but does not scream "the sky is falling" either.

Still, it is just the flu, right?

With all due respect. Do people really need a doctor telling them that this is serious before they start taking CoVid seriously?
Just take a look at what's happening in Italy and what will happen in rest of Europe soon. Those countries aren't shutting down and wrecking their economy for nothing. My country will shut down tomorrow and at first glance 150.000 people will lose their jobs over night. Do you really think a government would do that because of an ordinary flu?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: Tracele

Was just about to post the new UK numbers!

336 in London I think with 6 deaths

It was quite late today too, lots of rumours that schools may close from next Friday with just skeleton staff to provide childcare for key workers such as nurses.

Link

People are panic buying all over the place, it’s feeling quite surreal actually. I’m so glad I got things weeks ago... I saw this coming.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asgaard

- All schools closed.

The Netherlands will close down their borders. Those who can will be asked to work from home. Others will be told to avoid public transport. Schools are closed, the rest will follow tomorrow. That's how it happened in my country.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
a reply to: XCrycek
I do worry because all of us have posted over and over concerns about the reluctance of governments to do the right thing in the face of the corona virus. Difficult things and unpopular decisions. We have watched our predictions come true.
We all knew it was essential that China should have been banned from traveling around the world as soon as the situation in Wuhan unfolded.
We watched in horror how the Chinese government treated their citizens and we knew that something extraordinary was taking place.
We now really need to set up contingencies to protect essential services.
Since we have seen that younger people on the whole are not seriously impacted, they should be given first priority to be trained as back up.There are many brilliant students attending universities that may find themselves in limbo in the future. Over and over we have seen youth unemployed and unengaged become very disruptive to society because they have nothing to do.
That energy should be redirected to having a purpose. I am going to say the awful words "drafted."
Really difficult decisions need to be made.
I am not reassured at all.

Not awful at all!

Should help a lot towards gang activity and other dregs of society. 👍🏻

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

www.... foxnews.com/politics/fauci-explains-why-coronavirus-is-worse-than-flu-warns-against-americans-fleeing-europe-immediately

I really respect this guy. Seems to be very level headed. He does not sugar coat, but does not scream "the sky is falling" either.

With all due respect. Do people really need a doctor telling them that this is serious before they start taking CoVid seriously?
Just take a look at what's happening in Italy and what will happen in rest of Europe soon. Those countries aren't shutting down and wrecking their economy for nothing. My country will shut down tomorrow and at first glance 150.000 people will lose their jobs over night. Do you really think a government would do that because of an ordinary flu?

No I don't. The issue is that most people have not been watching. They really have no idea of what is going on. They hear a snippet or two, and just go "great, another flu". Up till about 2 days ago, it did not affect their daily lives, so did not care. Could not or would not see what was coming.

I think people are starting to wake up now, but there are those still running around with blinders, and fingers in ears.

As for Fauci, yes he is part of the government task force. However, he is about the only one that seems to be on the level. If people listen to him, recognize his position, maybe they will wake up.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Yeas they do.

I was just sent a meme on FB messenger from a friend and it had outdated numbers on covid 19 and flu comparisons. People here are ignorant and think it isn't a big deal.

I have a serious decision to make. Do I get up and go to work tomorrow. I fear that the answer to my question is yes. I drive a considerably distance, over 55 miles to the metro area of St louis to work. This is quite a problem for me because it is a long ways from home and there are a lot of people I come into contact with from all around the area.

No more corner tacos stand or Popeyes chicken sandwiches for me though. Sorry numbers are starting to escalate rather quickly here.
edit on 15-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Moody AFB min manning, tomorrow we should know if it goes into full closed or not even the slowest test results should be back by then.

BUT; It was weird I drove past a gathering of what looked like Senior NCO's and Officers maybe 50 people in total meeting outside on a sunday afternoon in groups of 5 or 6 standing in a circle with a few feet between each person.

makes me curious as to the reason for the meeting, were they finalizing plans to shut down, getting ready to plan for the next round of testing.

Either way I guess ill know in the next 36 hour or so.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Taco Bell plans to do drive through, or delivery only. No more sitting at a cramped booth, scarfing down mystery meat.

Taco Bell

That will only last till an employee gets infected. We have the same problem here in Japan, and then the police closes down the places. And that is the way is should be too.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

Please don't eat at fast food restaurants , please.

Yeas they do.

I was just sent a meme on FB messenger from a friend and it had outdated numbers on covid 19 and flu comparisons. People here are ignorant and think it isn't a big deal.

I have a serious decision to make. Do I get up and go to work tomorrow. I fear that the answer to my question is yes. I drive a considerably distance, over 55 miles to the metro area of St louis to work. This is quite a problem for me because it is a long ways from home and there are a lot of people I come into contact with from all around the area.

No more corner tacos stand or Popeyes chicken sandwiches for me though. Sorry numbers are starting to escalate rather quickly here.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Taco Bell

lost my post
dont eat at any fast food restaurants

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop
A friend just alerted me to a CNN report this morning about Dr Fauci remarking that he is not against closing all restaurants and bars for a period of time. He wants more social distancing.
He wants to see a dramatic diminution personal interactions.
'Whatever it takes and life will not be the same in America."
He is warning us that this is the net step to come.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
odd random thought, I remember reading that fresh air and sunshine helped improved (or they believed it did) recovery rates during the Spanish flu.

Yet we are seeing reports from all over the globe of people being locked in their homes not allowed out except during certain hours.

Just makes me curious, I am glad I have a back yard me and the family will absolutely spend some time outside in the morning and the evening, living outside of town has its benefits.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asgaard

- All schools closed.

You have roughly the same figures as UK. Yet we are told to wash hands. Not go on school trips abroad and not go on cruises in our over 70s??

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
There is so much predictive programming all around people living underground for long periods and then emerging centuries later to a new world.
Logan's Run is one movie that comes to mind.
What movie was it where the elite would make human sacrifices to those that remain above ground who survived but are mutants? We really do not know what condition any survivors will be in after they have survived round after round of infection.

That is my point.
Lack of staff to get to the plant
We saw it here in Fukushima

No, the nuclear power plants will kill off mankind. Within time now matter where they are hiding. And that is a fact.
Close the fkn plants now for petes sake.

No virus is going to cause nuclear power plants to go into meltdown if they run low on staff or any other worker issues they shut the plant down

Nuclear powerplants meltdown from sudden large events it would essentially take the zombie apocalypse to have powerplants meltdown from sudden lack of staff

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

so happy i have a backyard too. i have realized that digging in the dirt weeding and planting is extremely therapeutic for me. in fact if it wasnt so wet here its what id be doing right now

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

Yeas they do.

55? You're still in your youth mate, no crises for you
I work from home but since I work for a company that is of critical importance to communication in my country I will have to work one week from office every third week. I have to use public transportation for a hour and a half. However I have a responsibility to my fellow citizens so that's my motivation. I'm 37 so I don't fear it. I fear though for my relatives. I have a wife and a small daughter, but I have made plans for them on those weeks when I have to travel. It's all about bei f calm and collective and be proactive. Your advantage is that you are way ahead of others
edit on 15-3-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake
Thanks. I needed that. I am trying to think outside the box and I do understand that life as we have known it is going to change. We need to change with it and adapt.
I am afraid that stupid politics are going to interfere and just create noise.
We need to be informed and believed in that we too will do the right thing. It is not going to be easy.

I have had to battle family every inch of the way so I can't imagine how difficult it is to get society on board. For months I have been talking about this. The government has only had weeks.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Taco Bell

lost my post
dont eat at any fast food restaurants

You can't catch it through food so drivethroughs are safe, unless the one handing you the food over touches your hand and than you touch your face afterwards etc.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join