It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 366
<< 363  364  365    367  368  369 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Yeah, we are running at close to 9% deaths ratio.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

(post by RP2SticksOfDynamite removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: doorhandle

Sorry this is my first post in 3 years, I find this update thread really useful but can the mods block RP2SsticksOfDynamite from this thread please?

All I see lately are your random guesses and assumptions being posted ad infinitum. Please post these in a different thread please and keep this for actual, factual updates. Thanks. Door.

The new name he has for the virus is getting old. However, for the most part he has had beneficial and informative posts.

There is another poster that shows up about once a day, and posts a bunch of nonsense, even to the point of in one previous post hoping the virus would wholesale cull the old and weak, who would be a much better candidate to be blocked.

On topic: We are late for Cuomo's news briefing. I don't think it has been this late before. I wonder if they are getting some late info.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
LOL. Yeah, cuomo did such a great job making NY number one in corona virus cases, I think he's trying to make sure no other state can get as many as we do.
Lets hope he is more successful, however, track record isn't a good benchmark.
edit on 8-4-2020 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Rochester NY preparing to use tractor trailers for body storage.

Rochester

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I have zero expertise, just would like to keep this particular thread about actual updates, and chat about those updates, as it is useful and interesting. Constantly reading through your guesses, although interesting is not what this thread is about.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I have zero expertise, just would like to keep this particular thread about actual updates, and chat about those updates, as it is useful and interesting. Constantly reading through your guesses, although interesting is not what this thread is about.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Numbers from around the world are now starting to come in for April 8th.

Spain
Pop: 44.6 M
146,690 Positive tests…….. or 1 out of 318 Spaniards
9.92% Deaths

Italy
Pop: 60.4 M
139,422 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 434 Italians
12.67 % Deaths

US
Pop: 330 M
404,519 Positive tests.... or 1 out of 816 Americans
3.39% Deaths

US death rates (2017):
1. Heart Disease …………….…………647,457 annual or 1,773 daily average
2. Cancer ……………………..……….….599,108 annual or 1,641 daily average
5. Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases):146,383 annual or 401 daily average
6. Alzheimer’s disease:……..……….121,404 annual or 332 daily average
8. Influenza and Pneumonia …………55,562 annual or 152 daily average
X. Auto accidents ………………….………37,461 annual or 102 daily average
X. H1N1 2009 ESTIMATED (8,868 – 18,306) for 1 year or 24 – 50 daily average
COVID-19 ……………………………………….13,714 (36 Day) or 380 daily average

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Anyone else find this conflicting and confusing??

WHO is right??

I will be wearing a mask and gloves when I go out shopping. I think i'll be wearing them for months to come, just like the chinese.
I'm not confused at all.

I think that most masks, even makeshift masks, can stop or at least slow down people who have Covid-19 from spreading it to others. The reason is because even makeshift masks can stop droplets of saliva containing the virus which frequently are expelled when we talk, etc.

However, once the moisture evaporates and the virus can float in the air, it can do so for a long time, and a makeshift mask is not going to stop that. Even an N95 mask may find it challenging to stop it and other hazmat gear is needed for full protection, maybe including goggles. So I wouldn't be a bit surprised if even healthcare workers wearing N95 masks and goggles might still contract the virus in some cases, since even that relatively good protection is less than perfect.

But the healthcare workers need the N95's more than the general population and there's a shortage of N95 masks, so there's probably still a push to make as many N95s as possible available to healthcare workers who need them the most, which I think is really behind this message to the public to not hog the limited number of N95 masks available. The message I'm getting is that the healthcare workers need the N95 masks more than I do, and I believe they do.

If you're still confused, I suggest listening to this expert from South Korea who I think understands the transmission probably as well as anybody and has a lot to say about masks; he's in favor of them, though I didn't really hear him advocating to hog the N95 masks making them unavailable to healthcare workers, and he goes into a lot of detail so you have to pay attention carefully to understand the implications of what he says.

You Need To Listen To This Leading COVID-19 Expert From South Korea

edit on 202048 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: doorhandle

Sorry this is my first post in 3 years, I find this update thread really useful but can the mods block RP2SsticksOfDynamite from this thread please?

All I see lately are your random guesses and assumptions being posted ad infinitum. Please post these in a different thread please and keep this for actual, factual updates. Thanks. Door.

The new name he has for the virus is getting old. However, for the most part he has had beneficial and informative posts.

There is another poster that shows up about once a day, and posts a bunch of nonsense, even to the point of in one previous post hoping the virus would wholesale cull the old and weak, who would be a much better candidate to be blocked.

On topic: We are late for Cuomo's news briefing. I don't think it has been this late before. I wonder if they are getting some late info.

Thank you! Back to topic.

(post by RP2SticksOfDynamite removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
this is world changing

uk atleast

big business thinks ye profits will be the same(# off)

the rich ppl are idiots including bill gates etc buy new tv computer phone the waste goes into the ground.

ppl cant keep throwing waste into the ground

edit on 8-4-2020 by doggodlol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This might interest some. Its already in another new thread.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
I don't have any concrete evidence and do hope I am totally wrong but.........everything I have read from the beginning of this thread and from other threads and source information (and note I thought something was not quite right about "The Chrojan Virus" from thread 1 and now in thread 5 my gut feeling has only been affirmed).

Were you reading speculations from ATS members or have you gone off to read the scientific papers by researchers working on the virus? I find that for easy to read news, ScienceDaily.Com is a lot more reliable than ATS speculation and is full of reports from people who can tell the difference between DNA gene sequences and RNA gene sequences.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: doggodlol
this is world changing

uk atleast

big business thinks ye profits will be the same(# off)

the rich ppl are idiots including bill gates etc buy new tv computer phone the waste goes into the ground.

ppl cant keep throwing waste into the ground
That's for sure. I don't think people yet have a clue to how much. Basic universal income is only the beginning. Priorities will now be a demand of the populas!

This may be interesting to some. 9pm tonight Chanel 4 TV.

www.tvguide.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
I don't have any concrete evidence and do hope I am totally wrong but.........everything I have read from the beginning of this thread and from other threads and source information (and note I thought something was not quite right about "The Chrojan Virus" from thread 1 and now in thread 5 my gut feeling has only been affirmed).

Were you reading speculations from ATS members or have you gone off to read the scientific papers by researchers working on the virus? I find that for easy to read news, ScienceDaily.Com is a lot more reliable than ATS speculation and is full of reports from people who can tell the difference between DNA gene sequences and RNA gene sequences.
I have read quite a lot of material and not only posts but I am not blinkered to think that all I read is the reality of what we are dealing with. I don't claim to be an expert, in fact I am very far from it when it comes to this topic. But that does not mean I am not an expert in other fields and learned!

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Stay well all....
and please read this!

This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES ONLY!!!

...not debating and/or bickering

...not chit chat, SOAP BOX speeches, recipes, political trolling, class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

top topics

<< 363  364  365    367  368  369 >>

join