It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 357
<< 354  355  356    358  359  360 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: DankyDSmythe

What causes you to feel like you can't breathe? - not enough oxygen - or too much CO2 in the lungs.

Any number of things, including
* scarring of the alveoli
* fluid around the heart
* panic attack
* allergies
* fluid in the lung sacs (alveoli)
* shock

And a lot more things. See this link from Mayo Clinic

Right but you don't get a virus and then suddenly develop scarring within a couple of hours, you know if you're having a panic attack or an allergic reaction, you're not in shock, and fluid in the lungs isn't the cause otherwise a ventilator would be useless, and fluid around the heart is also testable.

I mean if you want to just pull silly reasons out just to be contrarian then you could also struggle to breathe if you're in outer space, under the sea without breathing apparatus, are holding your breath, are being suffocated or strangled, are sat in a car with the exhaust pipe through the window, have a bag over your head or are dead.

But those can be discounted just like your reasons.

Honestly.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
pass

edit on 6-4-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: elitegamer23

The projected peak has changed (including the shape of it) as more data becomes available.
covid19.healthdata.org...

Forget the national curves. The states are more informative.

I’ll tell you iowa and Illinois are not testing as much as they could .

The numbers are definitely being kept on the lower side of things .

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theoxx
But i do klnow they created a ridiculous amount of hype. They are fueling the fears to levels the world has never seen. First time ever. Normaly they calm the public to not create mass hysteria. But this time they also scared us so much that if we leave our house we may die.

For once I agree with the authorities, stay the fook home!

You know, not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

I'm surprised, to tell the truth, how much testing we're doing.
14,079 tests. 368 positive.
It could be better, but that, the projections and other data we're getting is encouraging, I think.
health.hawaii.gov...

edit on 4/6/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I am hoping for the best. Oh my god, listening to trump, today, by god I am not being political, I am worried. I have hope in US, this is the first wave my wife brought me some kn95 masks and maybe some better ones tomorrow but at least I have masks now gloves and hand sanatizer I go into peoples homes everyday. Take care of ourselves.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: Phage

I am hoping for the best. Oh my god, listening to trump, today, by god I am not being political, I am worried. I have hope in US, this is the first wave my wife brought me some kn95 masks and maybe some better ones tomorrow but at least I have masks now gloves and hand sanatizer I go into peoples homes everyday. Take care of ourselves.

Better use them very sparingly
Because Trump said F5&K Canada stop all order

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

keep all your masks in a sealed metal box take them home - sterilize the outside of the box with wipes and then bake for 20 minutes at 70c in your oven -- links to the Standford information on re-using mask in this thread. Take AND wear glasses or other eye protection as well as mask.

Stay safe and treat everyone as having it and giving it to you -- because only takes 1 person unknown to them to share.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

I am going to use disinfectant, at the end of the day. Spray it down.. will do the baking thing too, I suppose. I met with a er nurse today, kinda changed my perspective.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Stay well all....
and please read this!

This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES ONLY!!!

...not debating and/or bickering

...not chit chat, SOAP BOX speeches, recipes, political trolling, class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Byrd

Their has to be some level of psychogenic rumblings going on. If a placebo pill has a thirty percent success rate. Then what happens if I give someone a placebo pill and tell them that this pill will make you very sick. Like make them take it.? then thirty per cent might logically end up with an anti placebo effect.

Believe it or not, that's what medical research does. The tests always take into account the psychogenic impact... that's why you do double blind tests.

That, however, is NOT what anecdotal research does (like the doctor who claimed zinc + chloralquine was an effective treatment.) While anecdotal research MIGHT indeed prove true, you also can't rule out psychogenic impact.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

You are late to the news 3M will send them finaly

globalnews.ca...
edit on 6-4-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
a reply to: game over man

Those deaths have been listed the same since first thing early this morning on the west coast. It seems they are under reporting to open up the economy. No way there were no other deaths all day.

I fully concur. I believe they want to pump the stock market this week since it's Holy Week. Last week, the market ended on a low and was poised to crash even further on Monday due to technical analysis but a surefire way to prop it up would have been to give "good news". So, expect the market to rally all week long.

Looks like they responded they are under counting.

Link

April 6 (GMT)

30331 new cases and 1255 new deaths in the United States

An estimated additional 180 - 195 deaths per day occurring at home in New York City due to COVID-19 are not being counted in the official figures. "Early on in this crisis we were able to swab people who died at home, and thus got a coronavirus reading. But those days are long gone. We simply don't have the testing capacity for the large numbers dying at home. Now only those few who had a test confirmation *before* dying are marked as victims of coronavirus on their death certificate. This almost certainly means we are undercounting the total number of victims of this pandemic," said Mark Levine, Chair of New York City Council health committee [source]

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23
So did we peak in the USA earlier then expected ??

Numbers don’t seem to be growing higher last several days.

No, it just hit NY earlier.. LA and FL numbers keep climbing as well as MI.

We'll hit peak 2 weeks after Easter.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: elitegamer23
So did we peak in the USA earlier then expected ??

Numbers don’t seem to be growing higher last several days.

No, it just hit NY earlier.. LA and FL numbers keep climbing as well as MI.

We'll hit peak 2 weeks after Easter.

It's ALL BS. Sorry, you've been had. Meanwhile, your rights are being stripped away while you live in fear. SAD #! Game over.

(post by clay2 baraka removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Spain is moving to permanently establish universal basic income in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic

Nadia Calviño, the country's minister for economic affairs, told Spanish broadcaster La Sexta on Sunday evening that the government is planning to introduce it as part of a barrage of policies to help people get back on their feet. She said enacting basic income was "mostly aimed at families, but differentiating between their circumstances." Calviño didn't offer a specific date as to when basic income could be rolled out in the country. But she said the government hoped it would become "a permanent instrument." "We're going to do it as soon as possible," she said. "So it can be useful, not just for this extraordinary situation, and that it remains forever."t

www.businessinsider.com...

(post by Wookiep removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Wookiep removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 354  355  356    358  359  360 >>

join