It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 355
<< 352  353  354    356  357  358 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot was livid this morning because 70% of the coronavirus deaths in Chicago and Detroit are amongst the black population. She promises to get to the bottom of why.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sweden may be changing tact soon....

Sweden’s Prime Minister Stefan Lofven warned in an interview published over the weekend that the country could face “thousands” of coronavirus deaths, after the country’s minimal lockdown efforts have left grade schools, bars, restaurants, and parks open amid the pandemic.

On Sunday, Sweden reported a total of 401 deaths so far from Covid-19, up 8 percent from Saturday and greater than the totals recorded in its three Nordic neighbors combined — all of which have stricter lockdowns in place. Sweden’s death toll per million inhabitants is 37, compared with 28 in Denmark, 12 in Norway, and 4.5 in Finland.

New legislation is expected this week to introduce new emergency steps, such as shutting airports or train and bus stations, closing shops and restaurants, further limiting public gatherings from the current protocol of no gatherings over 50 people, or appropriating medical equipment, according to state broadcaster SVT.

www.nationalreview.com... e/

Also interesting article here in more detail:
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Sweden may be changing tact soon....

Sweden’s Prime Minister Stefan Lofven warned in an interview published over the weekend that the country could face “thousands” of coronavirus deaths, after the country’s minimal lockdown efforts have left grade schools, bars, restaurants, and parks open amid the pandemic.

On Sunday, Sweden reported a total of 401 deaths so far from Covid-19, up 8 percent from Saturday and greater than the totals recorded in its three Nordic neighbors combined — all of which have stricter lockdowns in place. Sweden’s death toll per million inhabitants is 37, compared with 28 in Denmark, 12 in Norway, and 4.5 in Finland.

New legislation is expected this week to introduce new emergency steps, such as shutting airports or train and bus stations, closing shops and restaurants, further limiting public gatherings from the current protocol of no gatherings over 50 people, or appropriating medical equipment, according to state broadcaster SVT.

www.nationalreview.com... e/

Also interesting article here in more detail:
www.theguardian.com...

I think Sweden are about to get smacked so hard by this that when they wake up they'll be back in the dark ages.

Totally irresponsible behaviour.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Has anyone read anything about how Rand Paul is doing?? Seems like he went into quarantine and that was the last we've heard from him. You'd think he'd tweet something about how he's doing..... it's been 2 weeks.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

I believe Tom Hanks is the only famous person who has recovered? Celebrities and politicians started Contracting covid-19 almost a month ago.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: mikell

Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot was livid this morning because 70% of the coronavirus deaths in Chicago and Detroit are amongst the black population. She promises to get to the bottom of why.

“We already started out with an unequal system of health care for people. It gets massively exacerbated when you bring on something like COVID-19. I’m deeply concerned about this,” Pritkzer said. The state wants to reopen suburban hospitals like MetroSouth and West Lake to deal with the crisis, and those will be in communities with more people of color, Pritzker noted. And while officials are trying to address the health care gap, it has years-old roots that make it hard to overcome, Pritzker said. “But it is a much broader problem that over the course of the three or four or five weeks … that it’s hard to make up for decades, frankly, maybe centuries, of inequality of application of health care to people of color,” Pritkzer said.

blockclubchicago.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yeah it seems Stockholm is opening a field hospital now
www.thelocal.se...

Also interestingly (Google Translate):

Sahlgrenska stops treatment with malaria medication against covid-19

We did like everyone else and gave chloroquine to the patients in the beginning. There were test tube studies that showed that it had an effect on coronavirus and it was a drug we knew from the treatment of malaria, says Magnus Gisslén, professor and chief physician at the infection clinic at Sahlgrenska University Hospital / Östra.

"But now he has made a complete reversal. Last week, all treatment with chloroquine was stopped against covid-19 in Sahlgrenska.

- There were reports of suspected more serious side effects than we first thought. We cannot rule out serious side effects, especially from the heart, and it is a hard-dosed drug. In addition, we have no strong evidence that chloroquine has an effect on covid-19.

The fact that some seriously ill covid-19 patients have acute heart problems has raised concerns that chloroquine may be harmful to some patients.

www.gp.se...

a reply to: DankyDSmythe

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
My Godmother sent this video to my Mom, in response to the Samuel L. Jackson Video.
Explicit lyrics, but coronavirus related.
A little bit of humour, in this time.
Worthy message.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Pink (singer) has recovered. Chris Cuomo has been doing live spots from his basement, Daniel Dae Kim (actor) recovered and has done instagram videos, Andy Cohen... recovered, Idris Elba, John Prine (how he managed to get through I don't know but he's stable currently)...... Celebs have generally given updates on their condition.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
One more thing on my Carbonic Anhydrase theory - The enyzmes related to carbonic anhydrases are also responsible for the initiation and perpetuation of..... the smell and taste functions.

Coincidence?

Time will tell, but it sounds a bit too coincidental to me.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae]

I wish Ms. Lightfoot all the best, and go go go … because Chicago was a cesspool of disease proliferation on a good day, even before this current Covid-19 pandemic.

This probably will be discovered not to be a race related issue … but rather one of the people who live most densely in Chicago city housing … . . .

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DankyDSmythe
One more thing on my Carbonic Anhydrase theory - The enyzmes related to carbonic anhydrases are also responsible for the initiation and perpetuation of..... the smell and taste functions.

Coincidence?

Sounds too coincidental to me too!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
From BBC Live Feed at 23.58 :

" Hart Island to be potentially used as 'temporary Burial site in NY "

In New York City, the chair of the city council's health committee, Mark D Levine, tweeted that hospitals are now forced to rely on refrigerated trailers to hold bodies. The city was preparing contingency plans in case the death rate didn't fall, including temporarily burying bodies in a local park, he said.

The tweet caused a stir, and since then, the mayor's office has said it is not currently planning to use local parks as burial grounds, but is exploring using Hart Island for temporary burials instead. The island is an uninhabited strip of land north-east of the Bronx which is used for mass burials.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

Coincidence?

Carbonic Anhydrases are zinc bearing enyzmes, people with zinc depletion also lose the sense of taste and smell.

But I don't think filling people with zinc is the answer - it would simply pour more gasoline onto the fire, allowing more CA to be produced, creating a downward spiral.

If the blood IS filled with CA, the CA has stripped all of the available zinc to fuel itself.

So CA inhibitors would be the answer.

Well that's my story anyway, and I'm sticking to it.

Just thought it another coincidence I've seen a lot of people here talking about zinc and zinc supplements.

Anyway, time will tell but I hope someone somewhere finds the answer.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Coincidence?

Carbonic Anhydrases are zinc bearing enyzmes, people with zinc depletion also lose the sense of taste and smell.

But I don't think filling people with zinc is the answer - it would simply pour more gasoline onto the fire, allowing more CA to be produced, creating a downward spiral.

If the blood IS filled with CA, the CA has stripped all of the available zinc to fuel itself.

So CA inhibitors would be the answer.

Well that's my story anyway, and I'm sticking to it.

Just thought it another coincidence I've seen a lot of people here talking about zinc and zinc supplements.

Anyway, time will tell but I hope someone somewhere finds the answer.

Sounds like a very interesting new thread to discuss! I’ll read!

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Here's another update for NY. The numbers for Oneida county have gone up from 86 to 105 This should also be interesting, the Sheriffs will be enforcing social distancing:
www.wktv.com... it-105-569414971.html

UTICA, N.Y. – More than 100 people have tested positive for coronavirus in Oneida County, according to County Executive Anthony Picente and the county health department. Picente announced 10 new cases, bringing the total to 105.

After complaints of mass gatherings and businesses allegedly not following state mandates on social distancing, Picente says the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office will now be enforcing the guidelines at essential businesses. The county already has a list of offending businesses from New Hartford, New York Mills and Trenton. Picente says they will get a warning first, then a second notice could result in fines or revocation of health and alcohol permits. Gov. Andrew Cuomo said in his press conference Monday that violation fines were increased from $500 to $1,000.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Wow... all very interesting! I stocked up on zinc LOL! Mostly as a preventive and I read that the way the hydroxychloroquine was working was because it helped get zinc into the cells. Some very Trump loving doctor had a lot of success with it which is why T is talking about it so much. I really hate that medicines have become political now. Someone on Facebook told me to take a bunch of Chloroquine because it kills people...... when all I said was it was being used in NYC with some mild success. I got totally attacked. I can't stand Trump but wow. It certainly doesn't look like a miracle cure..... I hope someone does some trials with the altitude sickness drug.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Wow... all very interesting! I stocked up on zinc LOL! Mostly as a preventive and I read that the way the hydroxychloroquine was working was because it helped get zinc into the cells. Some very Trump loving doctor had a lot of success with it which is why T is talking about it so much. I really hate that medicines have become political now. Someone on Facebook told me to take a bunch of Chloroquine because it kills people...... when all I said was it was being used in NYC with some mild success. I got totally attacked. I can't stand Trump but wow. It certainly doesn't look like a miracle cure..... I hope someone does some trials with the altitude sickness drug.

Remember that medically I know jack sh*t apart from how to put a band aid on.

It just all seemed to add up to me.

But sometimes even in my arena of engineering something can all look like it makes sense, only to later turn out to be a load of ballcokcs.

Don't decide to do X,Y, or Z based on my thinking, I might be a zillion miles off target.

Just to re-iterate agin - medically I know Jack Sh*t.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I was wondering about that altitude sickness med myself after watching that guy yesterday and hearing him in another video. I really think he's on to something with this. The helmet things they use in Italy seem so much safer than intubating.

I think the helmet thing is kind of the equivalent of a APAP, CAPAP or BIPAP machine. A real ventilator breathes for you, and I believe that it requires being intubated.

I use an APAP machine for apnea at night. I can see how it would help if you had a problem breathing, but would do nothing if you could not breathe at all. It ups the pressure as you inhale so you get more air in, and then the pressure drops as you exhale, so it makes it easier to expel the air. APAP adjusts automatically, BIPAP has an inhale pressure and an exhale pressure which are fixed, but basically works the same.

So if a person can still breathe on their own, but needs that extra assistance to get a greater volume of air in, it makes sense that it would work. Governor Cuomo purchased 7000 BIPAP machines for use in NYC and NYS.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Number updates for the day (US States in separate post, too big) :

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

top topics

<< 352  353  354    356  357  358 >>

join