It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AmmoniaMudhemp

being told to sing happy birthday whilst washing our hands to destroy the Wuhan flu germ.
The thought suddenly occured to me, why choose this particular song?

Because it's in the public domain.

Oh, and everyone pretty much knows it.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I think I'll start singing it in the washroom at work. Should be good for a chuckle or two.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
SO … totally WOW - West Virginia stands alone in the US, the only state left on this source at least without any 'confirmed' cases. It has been confirmed in every. other. state.... Respect.

www.nytimes.com...

Well according to the. Wallgreens Flu Index They were #1 in “Flu Activity” in February. I’m still not sure what that means. Researching now.

Edit: The Flu Index: from the Wallgreens map I linked to.

The Flu Index is not intended to illustrate levels or severity of flu activity, but rather, illustrate which populations are experiencing the highest incidence of flu.
Bold mine

An article on it:
West Virginia, Oklahoma, Arkansas Top the Walgreens Flu Index® State Activity for February

edit on 14-3-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ignore the words, watch the actions:

"There's no problem with food supplies, no need to panic buy" says Boris and the UK govt, as they now promptly call in the ARMY to protect shops and food deliveries. (daily mail)

Can we trust them with the herd immunity story too?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Only 277 beds in Ireland???! That is just sobering. a reply to: EricEdert

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JamieJJones

"There's no problem with food supplies, no need to panic buy" says Boris and the UK govt, as they now promptly call in the ARMY to protect shops and food deliveries. (daily mail)

I am certain that the United States will follow Boris' strategy..

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JamieJJones The daily mail has the credibility of info wars!

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
a reply to: JamieJJones The daily mail has the credibility of info wars!

And AJ is now on the line for a DUI charge.....

MR

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Not being familiar with New Orleans Mardi Gras Day festivals, I thought the big parade was on Tuesday February 25th. That would have been about 2 ½ weeks ago.

I am noticing, coincident or not, that per 1point3acres (coronavirus.1point3acres.com...), they are stating that the state of Louisiana this afternoon, now has 77 confirmed or presumed cases, up 41 from yesterday.

To me, it makes me wonder about the large crowds, and the sharing of more than just a good time.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

im having that played at my funeral

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Spain’s pm’s wife. Yep you guessed it has wuflu. Breaking in Spain media.

Interesting how all these elites are contracting this virus. Might be something to focus on.
edit on 14-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Army brought in because fools are panic buying. Not sure what you’re getting at.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: Marlborough Red

originally posted by: Phage

"The Good Ship Venus" is a good one.

“the figurehead was a wh**e in bed and the mast was a mammoth pe**s”

Sorry Phage, couldn’t resist a little nod to the Sex Pistols to lighten the mood a little.

Now, back on topic.

MR

I am not to sure that people at work would approve of "sit on my face," by Monty Python..

Always look on the bright side of life ?

Is that you Brian?

You could always choose the Cheese song instead

edit on 14-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Army brought in because fools are panic buying. Not sure what you’re getting at.

I am going to the liquor store in a bit. Those fools better not have bought up all of the bourbon..

If I need to, I'll run on whiskey and toilet paper through this crisis.
edit on 3/14/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Elderly could be quarantined for four months in 'wartime-style' mobilisation to combat coronavirus, writes Robert Peston

People over 70 will be instructed by the government to stay in strict isolation at home or in care homes for four months, under a "wartime-style" mobilisation effort by the government likely to be enforced within the next 20 days.

It is part of a series of measures being prepared by the prime minister, health secretary, chief medical officer and chief scientific adviser to prevent the health service from "falling over" and to save lives as Covid-19 becomes an epidemic in the UK.

Other measures already being planned include:

the forced requisitioning of hotels and other buildings as temporary hospitals;
the requisitioning of private hospitals as emergency hospitals;
temporary closure of pubs, bars and restaurants - some time after next weekend's ban on mass gatherings;
emergency manufacture by several companies of respirators that would be necessary to keep alive those who become acutely ill;
the closure of schools for perhaps a few weeks, but with skeleton staff kept on to provide childcare for key workers in the NHS and police.
According to a senior government source, the perception that ministers are reluctant to make difficult and costly decisions to battle the virus is wrong. It is simply that the chief medical officer Chris Whitty and the chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance are waiting for the optimal time to force restrictions on our way of life that will be very painful.

They are deeply worried that some older people will simply die at home from neglect, after they are quarantined, so want to start the quarantine as late as possible - some time within the next five to 20 days.

As I have written in previous notes, all government efforts are based on the assumptions that there won't be a vaccine within a year and that everything has to be done to protect the collapse of the health service.

What keeps ministers and officials awake at night is the fear that if the epidemic becomes too great they would have to make appalling decisions, such as that the NHS would stop treating people over a certain age, such as 65.

"Everything is aimed at making sure the NHS is not overwhelmed, to save lives and to prevent hideous choices having to be made," said a source.

Plans are also well under way for doctors to give consultations to patients quarantined at home by video links over the internet.

PS. There are two other aspects of this wartime mobilisation

1) Army hospitals will be used.

2) Lockdowns of cities or parts of cities have NOT been ruled out.

itv.com/news/2020-03-14/elderly-to-be-quarantined-for-four-months-in-wartime-style-mobilisation-to-combat-coronavirus/

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join