It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 349
<< 346  347  348    350  351  352 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: sirric

You know, pasting a wall of text from another source doesn't really contrib...

Never mind. Have at it.

But it's not really an update.

It does actully seem quite sensible apart from the "DUR yoo so stoopid" bits.
A link to the real text would be nice.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Reads good, now pop us a link, please.
I'd like to read more.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
OK, its possibly from this :
Chemrxiv. org

The text seems to be from medium.com, and google links to here :
www.smalldeadanimals.com...

Its in the comments section, 3rd comment down for me :

This is also at the beginning of the text he just quoted :

[Note from Kate — I’m allowing this to stay as the original Medium post was deleted. Be aware that the author has low trust factor and may have put the piece together from other sources without having a clue what he was writing about. PLEASE DO NOT FORWARD IT AS A LEGITIMATE ARTICLE.]

then there is the same wall of text.

"Covid-19 had us all fooled, but now we might have finally found its secret.
libertymavenstock
libertymavenstock
Follow
Apr 4 · 8 min read

In the last 3–5 days, a mountain of anecdotal evidence has come out of NYC, Italy, Spain, etc. about COVID-19 and characteristics of patients who get seriously ill. It’s not only piling up but now leading to a general field-level consensus backed up by a few previously little-known studies that we’ve had it all wrong the whole time. Well, a few had some things eerily correct (cough Trump cough), especially with Hydroxychloroquine with Azithromicin, but we’ll get to that in a minute....."

edit on 5-4-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Really? I hope that isn't the case. I think plagiarism is frowned upon here.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Really? I hope that isn't the case. I think plagiarism is frowned upon here.

I just added an edit, its technically a wall of text in the comments section, 3rd one down, and is a copy of a post from Medium.com that was deleted for not respecting their rules.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Didn't refresh the page before asking for a link... nvm

edit on 5-4-2020 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

That's a relief.

Do you happen to know what the term "cross posting" might refer to?

edit on 4/5/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
MB2

Thanks for the linking of this articular as I was posting the WOT my computer crashed hard.

Phage

Just wanted to get the info out as quick as possible. Not good with formatting sources.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

That's a relief.

Do you happen to know what the term "cross posting" might refer to?

This is the Medium.com text, archived, on archive.is :
archive.is link

its a copy and paste of the whole thing, without the bit at then end about China being ASSHOE...

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Is that what might be termed a "discussion board?"

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Is that what might be termed a "discussion board?"

The Blog SmallDeadAnimals basically dissects the post, and adds who the poster is in real life, and other info about the text.

Linking to that would have been better than posting a full text, from Medium (but since deleted), without context.

Edit : The Archive.is link is just the original Medium.com post archived in it's entirety.
edit on 5-4-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added edit

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: DanDanDat

Have any animals displayed illness from this, though? From the reports on pets testing positive, it just seemed to be positive carriers, but nothing I saw about it actually causing respiratory illnesses

Info was previously posted in this thread about a domestic cat that had diarrhea. The owner was COVID positive, so they tested the cats feces and was positive. This took place in Europe, was either France or Netherlands... I don't remember which.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If someone could find out where all that originally came from it would be awesome. Assuming this all came from Cameron Kyle-Sidell, MD (with added unnecessary political comentary). His twitter feed has a lot more info this evening than it did this afternoon.

Edit to add... In regards to sirric's post

Edit again.. nvm... had to re read and see the name given now

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
If someone could find out where all that originally came from it would be awesome. Assuming this all came from Cameron Kyle-Sidell, MD (with added unnecessary political comentary). His twitter feed has a lot more info this evening than it did this afternoon.

Edit to add... In regards to sirric's post

Look at the Smalldeadanimals link, its not anything bad, just a Blog by some smart cookie called Kate.

She states where the text came from, who posted it, and why, with quotes from the dude, and some Doctor local posters on that blog site.
Worth a read, just to understand WTF it's all about.
Its nearly 4am here, so it took my mind some time to comprehend what was where, and which came first...

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
OK, last post before bed :

Heres an article from the Guardian on the Tiger, and other big cats, infected at the Bronx Zoo :
link

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
So, it appears they are saying there is a "slowdown" in cases and deaths in NY. Cuomo even said there were 594 deaths in NY on Sunday, lower than the 630 number from yesterday. The day is not even over yet so why is the number capped at 594 for NY.

Also, unless I am mistaken, there have been no updated new cases or new deaths added to the numbers as posted per the Worldometer site. What's stranger is the numbers have not moved at all on that site since 4 pm today, except for some cases in CA.

Not sure what is going on. Maybe they are trying to spin some positive news for the early Monday, Tuesday to help pump up the stock market but something definitely is weird with the new data.

Worldometer C-19 stats for US

I think Italy had a lower day and then it was back up again (finally seeing a consistent down turn). Seems to have really blown through NYC though so maybe it IS slowing down there? I find it odd that CA numbers are so slow to go up.

Have a look a the California state actions. Seriously, click through and see what they're doing.

Same with my state of TX.

Different setup. Most of the towns are far apart... BUT... if you've been following my updates, you know that the rollout of the test kits has been slow and that there's a big backup at the lab and that testing centers have been closed because of weather. Texas' numbers are REALLY unreliable.

A friend just outside NYC said that they are only testing those who need to be admitted to the hospital and with numbers of around 5K positive tests there per day...... that seems bonkers.

And it's under-testing. The US wasn't really prepared in spite of the early signs.

The Surgeon Gen said the next 2 weeks was going to be really bad so who the heck knows. It's all a mess.

He's an anesthesiologist, not an epidemiologist. I don't think the next 2 weeks will see the peak because there's a lot of resistance to stay at home orders and there's no consistent policy across the US. My guess (I'm not an epidemiologist) would be about mid-May.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Jaellma
So, it appears they are saying there is a "slowdown" in cases and deaths in NY. Cuomo even said there were 594 deaths in NY on Sunday, lower than the 630 number from yesterday. The day is not even over yet so why is the number capped at 594 for NY.

Also, unless I am mistaken, there have been no updated new cases or new deaths added to the numbers as posted per the Worldometer site. What's stranger is the numbers have not moved at all on that site since 4 pm today, except for some cases in CA.

Not sure what is going on. Maybe they are trying to spin some positive news for the early Monday, Tuesday to help pump up the stock market but something definitely is weird with the new data.

Worldometer C-19 stats for US

I think Italy had a lower day and then it was back up again (finally seeing a consistent down turn). Seems to have really blown through NYC though so maybe it IS slowing down there? I find it odd that CA numbers are so slow to go up.

Have a look a the California state actions. Seriously, click through and see what they're doing.

Same with my state of TX.

Different setup. Most of the towns are far apart... BUT... if you've been following my updates, you know that the rollout of the test kits has been slow and that there's a big backup at the lab and that testing centers have been closed because of weather. Texas' numbers are REALLY unreliable.

A friend just outside NYC said that they are only testing those who need to be admitted to the hospital and with numbers of around 5K positive tests there per day...... that seems bonkers.

And it's under-testing. The US wasn't really prepared in spite of the early signs.

The Surgeon Gen said the next 2 weeks was going to be really bad so who the heck knows. It's all a mess.

He's an anesthesiologist, not an epidemiologist. I don't think the next 2 weeks will see the peak because there's a lot of resistance to stay at home orders and there's no consistent policy across the US. My guess (I'm not an epidemiologist) would be about mid-May.

About two weeks after Easter, we'll hit the peak.

Anyone care to guess why?..
edit on 4/5/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Morning update: Tokyo April 6, 2020 Time ( whatever you want it to be )

The following updates are from : Japan Times, NHK news, Military Times, Stars and strips and Italian news papers.
I have no "street talk", but tomorrow, I'll be visiting the prefecture hospital with the wife. Maybe we can get some info then. Stay tune. The real big news here in Japan is that the school students "DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO THE CLASSROOMS". Seems they are smarter then the local governments. Got to give them a big hand on that one.

Sorry about the printing style here.
By the way, the stock prices went up, not sure why. Anyone have a guess on that .

Yen market price drop
200 million users "Zoom" announce security issues
Inbound disappears in Japan: The number of travelers from China has dropped sharply, and the number of foreign visitors to Japan has already fallen 58% year-on-year as of February. Since then, entry from all over the world has been restricted or denied, and in April and May, travelers are inevitably depressed.
Vice President Kunihiro Sakota is wary that automobile production is falling worldwide at the same time.
3,858 new domestic coronaviruses (excluding cruise ships)
Of the 3858 cases confirmed in Japan,
、 1033 in Tokyo
408 in Osaka
265 in Kanagawa
260 260 in Chiba,
228 in Aichi,
Hyogo 203,
Hokkaido, 194,
Saitama, 185,
Fukuoka, 162,
Kyoto, 125,
Ibaraki, 64,
Gifu, 58,
Fukui, 53 、
43 people in Ishikawa prefecture
35 people in Niigata prefecture
33 people in Kochi prefecture
32 people in Oita prefecture
26 people in Gunma prefecture
25 people in Nara prefecture, 25 people in
Wakayama prefecture
23 in Miyagi ,
21 in Ehime ,
20 in Kumamoto (getting more every day )
18 in Shiga
17 in Tochigi and Shizuoka
16 in Okinawa and Fukushima,
Hiroshima Prefecture has 15 people,
Yamanashi Prefecture 14 people,
Yamagata Prefecture, Mie Prefecture, 13 people,
Nagano Prefecture, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Nagasaki Prefecture, 12 people,
Aomori Prefecture, Akita Prefecture, Okayama Prefecture, 11 people,
Toyama Prefecture, Miyazaki Prefecture, 10 people,
Saga Prefecture 8 people,
Tokushima Prefecture, Kagoshima Prefecture, 3 people,
Kagawa Prefecture 2 people.

In addition, 14 people returned from China on charter aircraft,
80 80 people including employees of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, quarantine officers, and those who were confirmed to be infected by airport quarantine.
Japan: Hyogo Prefecture is planning to resume prefectural schools on schedule from August 8 after taking measures to prevent infection, such as "staggered commutes."
Starting in the new semester, students attending prefectural high schools in Hyogo Prefecture, who have been scheduled to resume their programs as scheduled, have begun signing on the Internet asking them to continue school closures, saying they are worried about the spread of infection.
Part of the French wholesale market with more than 8,000 dead in temporary morgue
The Rungis market is the world's largest wholesale market, with a site area of 234 hectares, equivalent to approximately 50 Tokyo Domes.

According to government announcements and US research institutes, the number of infected people by country or region was:
324,052 in the United States , 130,759 in
Spain,
128,948 in Italy, and 91,714 in
Germany. people
China 81,669 people
France 70,478 people
Iran is 58,226 people
United Kingdom is 47,806 people
has become.
The number of people who died was
15,887 in Italy , 12,418 in
Spain,
9,180 in the United States,
8078 in France, 4,934 in the
United Kingdom,
3603 in Iran
and 3,329 in China .
1. U.S. presidential election
2. Opposition seeks to retake power in U.S. presidential election Former Democrat candidate Vice President Biden said to Trump, who said he would not wear a mask in response to the new coronavirus, `` should follow the expert opinion.
3. In India, to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus, the entire territory has been closed since last month, and going out is prohibited except for grocery shopping.
4. The Tokyo Metropolitan Government announced on the 5th that 143 new coronaviruses were infected, the largest number confirmed in one day in Tokyo, and 7 deaths were confirmed.

5. The number of infected people who died in Tokyo is now 30.
6. Europe saw further signs of hope in the coronavirus outbreak Sunday as Italy’s daily death toll was at its lowest in more than two weeks and its infection curve was finally on a downward slope. In Spain, new deaths dropped for the third straight day.
7. In Italy one can be fined €1,000 or slung in jail for up to three months if I leave my village without good reason
8. U.S. troops worldwide must wear masks, and sew their own if necessary, if they cannot maintain “social distancing” standards to protect against the coronavirus, the Pentagon announced Sunday.
9. The IRS plans to send electronic payments as soon as late next week to more than 115 million Americans as part of the $2 trillion coronavirus law, a week sooner than expected, according to a plan circulated internally Wednesday.
However, $30 million in paper checks for millions of other Americans won't start being sent out until April 24, because the government lacks their banking information. And some of those checks won't reach people until September, the document shows, underscoring the reality that many Americans could have to wait five months to receive their checks.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well I'm having a MRI in the next few days I will report back with conditions in the hospital

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I've seen your updates because I have followed almost every post since thread 1. I know TX has not been great with testing and that there is a back log. My best friend of 20 years lives in Houston and was tested. Took TWO WEEKS to get her results (neg even though she's been sick for a month and 2 co workers tested positive). My step daughter has had a cough for 23 days and a week and a half into her cough we tried to get her tested (Austin) but Dr said "There aren't many tests here".

top topics

<< 346  347  348    350  351  352 >>

join