It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 347
<< 344  345  346    348  349  350 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Small snippet from the Guardian Article on Boris Johnson :

Selected quote from the text :

The Guardian was told last week that Johnson was more seriously ill than either he or his officials were prepared to admit, and that he was being seen by doctors who were concerned about his breathing.

But Downing Street flatly denied that the prime minister’s health had seriously deteriorated, and insisted there were no plans at that point for him to be admitted to hospital.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2
So, he's not in hospital?
Or, there were no plans?
Or, what the hell?
edit on 4/5/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
From BBC Live Feed :

- 23.39 : " Western US states ship ventilators to New York "

Washington state will send 400 ventilators to New York, the epicentre of the US coronavirus outbreak, to help the state deal with its high rate of Covid-19-related deaths.

The decision was announced by Governor Jay Inslee on Sunday, and follows Oregon's decision on Saturday to send 140 ventilators to New York.

The move was praised by Vice-President Mike Pence, who is currently convening the coronavirus task force at the White House.

Pence's Tweet :
twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

I cannot say for certain, but it seems like NYS releases all their daily numbers at once. Normally, shortly after I get up in the morning, 1point3acres has a high number for NYS, and if there are any updates, they are so slim, that I overlook them. This leads me to believe, the numbers we are seeing for them, are actually reflective of the day before numbers.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
So, he's not in hospital?
Or, there were no plans?
Or, what the hell?

I suspect he is in Hospital, but not just for his temperature.
Breathing problems.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Ok. So, my first post on the news is still valid.

Probably quite serious if he's been ill for...a week? And now has breathing difficulties. If I understand the typical progression.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
Small snippet from the Guardian Article on Boris Johnson :

Selected quote from the text :

The Guardian was told last week that Johnson was more seriously ill than either he or his officials were prepared to admit, and that he was being seen by doctors who were concerned about his breathing.

But Downing Street flatly denied that the prime minister’s health had seriously deteriorated, and insisted there were no plans at that point for him to be admitted to hospital.
Which implies that Boris's condition could now be becoming serious. Hope not!

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: Tamsuan

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ShortBus

Won't the virus just start spreading again?

Most models show a spike toward the end of the year, yes. But not as long lived a spike. The assumption is that natural immunity will become more of a factor. This first go, no one has immunity. Next time, a good percentage of the population will.

How firm is your expectation that people will acquire immunity to this? The common cold (rinovirus/coronavirus) keeps coming back through mutation, doesn't it? HIV stays in the infected person and continues to cause problems.

With all the unknowns around this virus, I don't think we can assume that it will behave like measles.

An jazz artist entertainment friend of mine in Georgia has recovered from Covid19. The CDC even drew blood from him to research it for antibodies. They also gave him a certified letter of release from his stay at home isolation order. So I am guessing that the CDC believes one does create immunity and is not a carrier after recovering.

Edit add: email responses from Georgia Dept of Health
...(removed for space - see quoted post)

From his various conversations, he was advised he is immune and no longer has to worry about face mask or gloves. He has offered to get essentials and necessities for folks in his area with this reassurance that he is now immune and not a carrier.

The unfortunate thing, is that the CDC is basing this off of wishful thinking rather than any evidence. It is possible and even somewhat likely that there will be a longer term immune response, but so far, not enough time and evidence to know and even some evidence to the contrary.

I agree that it's not truly evidence-based. There's many other diseases where someone with acquired or inherent immunity can still act as a spreader (Typhoid Mary, for instance). In addition, their clothing or shoes can track the virus into places and on surfaces and even though they might not get it again, this doesn't mean someone else won't.

And it does contradict other statements of theirs, including information about how long the virus lasts on various surfaces.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
So, it appears they are saying there is a "slowdown" in cases and deaths in NY. Cuomo even said there were 594 deaths in NY on Sunday, lower than the 630 number from yesterday. The day is not even over yet so why is the number capped at 594 for NY.

Also, unless I am mistaken, there have been no updated new cases or new deaths added to the numbers as posted per the Worldometer site. What's stranger is the numbers have not moved at all on that site since 4 pm today, except for some cases in CA.

Not sure what is going on. Maybe they are trying to spin some positive news for the early Monday, Tuesday to help pump up the stock market but something definitely is weird with the new data.

Worldometer C-19 stats for US

I think Italy had a lower day and then it was back up again (finally seeing a consistent down turn). Seems to have really blown through NYC though so maybe it IS slowing down there? I find it odd that CA numbers are so slow to go up. Same with my state of TX. Makes no sense. I know everyone on the right was making fun of Kathy Griffen for thinking she had COVID but it was really just GI issues.... she actually couldn't get tested and was diagnosed with a respiratory infection along with GI. She claims her doc told her that only people going into the ICU were being tested. A friend just outside NYC said that they are only testing those who need to be admitted to the hospital and with numbers of around 5K positive tests there per day...... that seems bonkers. The Surgeon Gen said the next 2 weeks was going to be really bad so who the heck knows. It's all a mess.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: InterplanetaryHobo
a reply to: Jaellma

I cannot say for certain, but it seems like NYS releases all their daily numbers at once. Normally, shortly after I get up in the morning, 1point3acres has a high number for NYS, and if there are any updates, they are so slim, that I overlook them. This leads me to believe, the numbers we are seeing for them, are actually reflective of the day before numbers.

Could be but what I don't understand is numbers are still trickling in today for other places like Illinois, Michigan, California, etc but everything has stopped for NY, NJ are many of the other top states. I will keep checking but something is definitely off. I do know, in the past they always reset the numbers to 0 at 9 PM EST on that particular website. Makes you wonder who is running that site and what directive they are following for numbers reported.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willyblake
It's also interesting how in Africa it has expanded so little.

Africa is our poorest continent, with very bad infrastructure. Medical care is impossible to find in some areas and as for test kits -- who knows how many they got or where they were distributed. There's a lot more illness and death there, but getting reports to the big cities is difficult. We may never know the true extent of COVID-19 there. If you check the Johns Hopkins map, you will see that they don't actually report city-by-city (as with elsewhere) but nation-by-nation.

South Africa (one of the wealthiest countries) reports as of today:
South Africa
Confirmed: 1,655
Deaths: 11
Recovered: 95
Active: 1,549

And that's only the ones who showed up at the hospital, and got tested and confirmed.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Video clip:

RETWEET! Bill Gates says mass public gatherings will not come back "at all" until every human being in the world is vaccinated!!!

twitter.com...

On that thread I saw this - so many village children have been vaccinated in India and Africa with unlicensed vaccines via the Melinda & Bill Gates Foundation vactruth.com...

Whilst this virus is bad, i imagine not many of us will be queuing for the the first vaccine....

Also why is Gates some sort of vaccine and medical expert?! I always find that odd, I get he is rich and can fund lots of stuff, but he is always the expert they roll out to discuss this stuff. He has no credentials!

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Food for thought as well as a CV update to keep eyes open where you're at.
www.ktuu.com...
Notice all of the CV tracker sites are claiming 6 AK CV deaths, which is inaccurate and raises it's own questions. 3 of those "AK deaths" were Alaska residents who spent their entire COVID cycle, from acquiring the virus to falling I'll from it to being hospitalized to dying from it, OUTSIDE of the state of Alaska.

I have no way to really tell if these 3 were also counted in the mortality totals in the states where they actually died (WA and OR), but I can say without a doubt they shouldn't be counted the same as local AK deaths under the presumed metrics used in reporting COVID illnesses. Beyond that, if they were counted in both AK and the states where they fell I'll and died, where does that connection end and how common is it? Are people being counted in any states they were once residents of as well?.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So I know everyone likes the states to be in charge of themselves but this is an instance where we need a NATIONAL policy on all of it. How the tests are done, how people are counted, whether or not to test post mortem (I think all heart attacks should be tested), what state the number is added to if they aren't in their home state when they get sick and/or die. Same with the stay at home orders. This would be going a lot more smoothly if it wasn't so all over the place with the rules. We are a flaming hot mess.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
(I'm a bit late this evening, sorry)
Numbers update with USA States (From about 40 minutes ago, trying to get the updates near the same time every day) :

USA States :

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

(They haven't changed by much in the last ~50mins...)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

USA States :

Hey man, uncool.
health.hawaii.gov...

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
#FireFauci is now trending on twitter..... All over the hydroxychloriquine issue.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae
Why? Because he said that the evidence is anecdotal?
A survey of physicians from around the world. 33% of those doctors have used Hydroxychloroquine in treating COVID-19 patients.

Outside the US, Hydroxychloroquine was equally used for diagnosed patients with mild to severe symptoms whereas in the US it wasmost commonly used for high risk diagnosed patients

37% of physicians who have treated COVID-19 patients believe Hydroxychloroquine is the most effective therapy of a list of 15 options

32% of the physicians think that Azithromycin or similar antibiotics is the most effective therapy

32% think that nothing is the most effective therapy, meaning I guess, that nothing really works.

public-cdn.sermo.com...

All anecdotal. And not all that convincing. Is there anything stopping doctors from trying it?

Rhetorical, I know the answer, the point is to give Trump an excuse to can Fauci. I get it.

edit on 4/5/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
#FireFauci is now trending on twitter..... All over the hydroxychloriquine issue.

Not surprising unfortunately.

Remember the meme about Trump curing cancer, and protesters with signs? I know it was fake, but there is more reality to it than we thought.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Secretary of health for the UK:
"We can’t guarantee immunity from coronavirus" admits Matt Hancock
"the science around immunity to Covid-19 remains unclear"
www.thetimes.co.uk...
edit on 5-4-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 344  345  346    348  349  350 >>

join