It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 314
<< 311  312  313    315  316  317 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
April 1st Wednesday
Tokyo : 547 cases now in Tokyo

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
From BBC Live Feed :

- 12.52 : (From Summary)

- El Salvador reports first Coronavirus Death. 60 year old woman, recently returned from the USA.
- Brazil : A 19-year-old woman from the Kokama indigenous group in Amazonas state, is the First person from an Indiginous community to be confirmed with Coronavirus.
- Ecuador : Residents of Ecuadors most populous city are outraged that it is taking up to four days to recover bodies of dead people during the lockdown. People are reportedly resorting to dumping the bodies outside. These are people who have died of many different causes, not just Coronavirus.

- 13.19 : "UK testing is a problem that needs fixing immediately".

The government target is to get to 25,000 people being tested each day which has now been shifted back until late April. An earlier target was set at 10,000 which should have been hit by now. The daily testing total is still at about 8,000.

Then there is laboratory capacity, which according to officials, should allow 12,500 tests to be analysed each day and 15,000 by the end of this week. So why is that capacity not being used? That remains a bit of a mystery. If it can be solved many more NHS staff could be tested.

- 13.32 : Oman reports first death from COVID-19, a 72 year old man.

- 13.43 : Australia Update :

- The Australian government says the coronavirus infection curve is flattening and the country should be thinking about the long haul
- About 40,000 retired medics are to be called back to work
- Developing stand-off over a cruise ship in Fremantle – the crew of the Artania are refusing to leave port after being ordered to do so. The ship has had dozens of coronavirus cases. Authorities fear some 450 people on board might still have the virus. None of them is Australian.

- 13.51 : Tributes are being paid to the South African scientist Gita Ramjee, who died on Tuesday of Covid-19 complications.

Prof Ramjee had recently returned home from a trip to London and was admitted with pneumonia to a hospital in KwaZulu-Natal province.
Her research, which focused on ways to prevent HIV transmissions in women in South Africa, earned her recognition around the world.
twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My goodness... Just getting up to see yesterdays official numbers. US 25,000 new confirmed cases, 912 deaths.

I thought it would be next week before we broke 1000 deaths a day. Instead it looks like that will be today.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
www.reuters.com...:+Trending+Content&utm_ medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

LONDON (Reuters) - Losing your sense of smell and taste may be the best way to tell if you have COVID-19, according to a study of data collected via a symptom tracker app developed by British scientists to help monitor the pandemic caused by the new coronavirus.

2nd time ive seen this theory in a week

Almost 60% of patients who were subsequently confirmed as positive for COVID-19 had reported losing their sense of smell and taste, the data analyzed by the researchers showed.

That compared with 18% of those who tested negative.

It actually now shows up as a diagnostic trait in the "do you have coronavirus" list. So, yes. it's real.

Every morning I wake up and see how my smeller is doing. I've read that people can have no other symptoms than loss of smell. So it gives me a bit of peace to confirm each day that I can still smell. Weird, I know, but there it is.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

A few weeks ago I had three or four days I couldn't smell or taste. I even ate a teaspoon of horseradish to try and taste something but I couldnt. Hmm!

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

that's actually a concerning thing for me, after 20 years on the flight line my smeller doesn't work so good from all the chemicals I was exposed to.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
UK figures for 1st April

New Cases: 4324
Total Cases: 29474
Daily Increase: 17.1%
New Tests: 9793
Daily Positivity Rate: 44.1%
Overall Positivity Rate: 19.2%
Newly Confirmed Deaths: 563
Total Deaths: 2352

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: NxNWest

The military will no doubt will be requested to Help with the overflow
One thing having extra beds, quite another having the expertise to run them.

I agree. It looks like they are getting ready.

My son is military, as is his wife. I have a ton of friends who are in as well (I used to be). They’ve been staying home lately to “preserve the force” and stay healthy. Now they are coming back to work.

www.sylvanlakenews.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
www.reuters.com...:+Trending+Content&utm_ medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

LONDON (Reuters) - Losing your sense of smell and taste may be the best way to tell if you have COVID-19, according to a study of data collected via a symptom tracker app developed by British scientists to help monitor the pandemic caused by the new coronavirus.

2nd time ive seen this theory in a week

Almost 60% of patients who were subsequently confirmed as positive for COVID-19 had reported losing their sense of smell and taste, the data analyzed by the researchers showed.

That compared with 18% of those who tested negative.

It actually now shows up as a diagnostic trait in the "do you have coronavirus" list. So, yes. it's real.

Every morning I wake up and see how my smeller is doing. I've read that people can have no other symptoms than loss of smell. So it gives me a bit of peace to confirm each day that I can still smell. Weird, I know, but there it is.

Not weird, I do the same thing. I also take the deep breath and hold it for 10 seconds to check my lungs.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Is this all caused by 5G? Interesting that Ecuador just started testing and rolling out 5G. Cruise lines, Wuhan, Italy, etc.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
Is this all caused by 5G? Interesting that Ecuador just started testing and rolling out 5G. Cruise lines, Wuhan, Italy, etc.

No, it is caused by a virus, not radio waves.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TamtammyMacx

And many other countries which do not have 5G. Find the dots where 5G and virus outbreak time are connected.. hard evidence ?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
UK figures for 1st April

New Cases: 4324
Total Cases: 29474
Daily Increase: 17.1%
New Tests: 9793
Daily Positivity Rate: 44.1%
Overall Positivity Rate: 19.2%
Newly Confirmed Deaths: 563
Total Deaths: 2352

Oh, crap.
That might still increase before the daily briefing.
Its at ~5pm GMT isn't it ?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
From BBC Live Feed :

- 14.55 : Nine members of Hungary's NAtional Swimming team test positive for COVID-19.

Boglarka Kapas, the current women's world 200m butterfly champion, and Dominik Kozma, who won a bronze in the men's 4x100m freestyle relay at the 2017 World Championships, are among those to have contracted the virus.

"We tested everyone on the national swim team roster, as well as the staff working with the team, trainers, masseurs," the Hungarian Swimming Association said.

"Results keep coming in and as of Tuesday night nine were positive."

Kapas, 26, said that she felt "fine".

"This does not change my routine, as I have been at home anyway, going out for some fresh air to my garden at most. Even if you feel fine you should be extra careful and stay home if you can in case you carry the virus."

- 15.45 : More than 2000 NHS staff tested so far.

Hundreds have been screened since the weekend in a push to get healthy self-isolating medics back to work.

The spokesman reiterated that a “clear instruction” had gone to NHS trusts that where there is spare capacity it should be used on testing frontline staff.

Current testing capacity stands at 12,750 a day, the government says. A cap has been lifted on the proportion of NHS staff that can be tested. The NHS employs 1.2m people in England.

- 15.54 : How Secure is "Zoom" ?

Millions have flocked to it as governments around the world have ordered large parts of their populations to stay at home. It is now ranked as the number two and number one app in the UK and US, respectively.

In fact, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson recently shared a picture of himself chairing a Cabinet meeting using it.

New York's attorney general has even written to the firm to raise concerns over its ability to cope with the sudden rise in users.

It's also understood that Nato’s policy on Zoom is not to use the app for any meetings, briefings or conversations between ambassadors if classified or sensitive information is shared.

- 16.08 : Serbian Govt Minister dies from Coronavirus.

Branislav Brazic was a state secretary in the environment ministry. He is the first senior Serbian official to die from the virus.

It comes after a significant rise in the number of infections in the country. Serbia has reported 1,060 coronavirus cases and almost 30 deaths so far. A state of emergency is in force.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
From Guardian Live Feed :

3.22pm : " New York City's Covid-19 death toll rises past 1,000 "

Data released by the city’s health department shows that the disease is having a disproportionate effect in certain neighbourhoods, mainly in Brooklyn and Queens.

The ambulance service and police department in the city are under increasing stress, with nearly a quarter of the city’s emergency medical service workers out sick, according to the Fire Department. In all, 2,800 members of the Fire Department are sidelined, including about 950 of the city’s 4,300 paramedics.

Nearly 16% of the New York Police Department’s uniformed force is off sick, with more than 1,000 officers testing positive for the virus so far.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Mamana12

wow, good find. SARS at least has been found in stools of patients infected.
Is that then indicative that this new virus constitutes a cocktail of existing viruses. Why would they find traces of SARS unless its in the virus?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
UK update from my remote in the countryside locale.

I updated yesterday about how our local hospital had 3 then 4 cases about 2 weeks ago (was told by nurse I know who works there) - they now have 2 full wards and are getting a 3rd ward ready.

Yesterday the 5th death was confirmed (from the 29th). Today (10 minutes ago) they announced the 9th death - 2 were on Monday, 2 yesterday.

The first death was on the 26th - it's taken 5 days in our local hospital in rural Yorkshire to go from 1 to 9 deaths, and 2 weeks to go from 3 cases to 2 wards full and the need for another ward asap.

I predicted it would take until Friday this week for us to hit 500 deaths per day - it happened today.

A side note is the volunteers at NHS Nightingale have been told to be prepared to see death, as up to 80% of people on ventilators are going to die.

I knew this was bad, having it on the doorstep, the numbers hitting 500+ already, and the 80% revelation makes it apparent how much worse than bad it is.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

But Spring Break was awesome. Right? Guys? Guys?

SMDH.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: MrRCflying

But Spring Break was awesome. Right? Guys? Guys?

SMDH.

I don't know if I posted this already, but a week ago an old childhood friend fell out with me.

She posted on facebook that she was upset because "after a wonderful AFTERNOON walking the cotswalds (with her husband and dog - husband has serious health problems - diabetes and a whole host more) which was super smashing because there were all these families all out enjoying the countryside together, like Victorian England"...

...she got home to a funeral plans flyer through her door and was "appalled" at the insensitivity of it.

I said it's called targetted marketing - she went nuts.

"I'm not stupid blah blah, 2 meters blah blah" - she IS stupid and worse still she's a senior Police officer.

Yup that's the quality we have thanks to the accelerated promotion scheme where a muppet with a degree in French gets promoted to the higher tiers and is too thick to think for herself.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: blackrabbit1

Around 9 from 10 will survive if they get it

That's awesome

Although you still don't know who has it or have had it with mild to no symptoms so the numbers will be more Awesome...... Yay party in my garden bring the voodoo

top topics

<< 311  312  313    315  316  317 >>

join