It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 311
<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I copied "he said most people are naturally immune" from the article! Its right up the top, 3 or 4 lines down

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Come on guys!!!! Take a breath!!!
and PLEASE read this!

This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES ONLY!!!

...not debating and/or bickering

...not chit chat, SOAP BOX speeches, recipes, political trolling, class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
I read someone's tweet below which said ' just because someone died WITH Covid, doesn't mean they died FROM Covid'
Which makes sense, but then how can you ascertain exactly how someone died, if they died with Covid? As in, if they had no respiratory issues pre-infection then died of lack of Oxygen, I would assume that would be marked as Covid? Or having Covid weakened them and they caught something else - is that Covid also? Is there some sort of definition for a Covid death vs. non?
I suppose either way, the main takeaway for me is that Italy and especially Lombardy never see this many intensive care admissions per day and per week and also never have that many dying at one time. So whether it is a direct Covid death or indirect, it is still makes sense to attribute it to Covid.
Does that make sense??!

a reply to: carewemust

No we should ask China. And while we are at it, apparently if you aren’t symptomatic, you don’t count then either for their true tally. *shrugs

Strange.

Maths and numbers confuse me

In the meantime still sending Good Vibes your way ATS

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

And I told you that's not what he said.
Can you show me where he did?

It's a novel virus. New.
edit on 3/31/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Breaking. It looks like only 12% of the deaths in Italy attributed to Coronavirus, were actually related to Coronavirus.

twitter.com...

What the....?!

what?

Huh.. all citations for this 'story' lead back to Candace Owen's Twitter account and a "Professor Ricciardi" is nowhere to be found.

Something stinks..

I agree. However, a better (and more nuanced) report is here where the professor does indeed explain (two weeks ago) that the method of recording deaths may lead to a higher number.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostsock
Missouri minor update:
I just got off the phone with my 21 yr old son who is running a fever of 100.2 coughing and feeling worn out since Friday.(his words) He is an essential worker working for the electric company. They are not allowing for sick time since he hasnt been tested, Which isnt likely to happen since he has no regular doctor to give him a referral for testing. So he is still going to work everyday and doing his best to put in the hours required of him. As of today 12 people are already out with fevers and coughs and they are telling them all that as soon as you feel well enough to come back in. So no quarantine time just keep coming to work.

Document and name them, and report them. Their decisions are making things much worse for their personnel... they're endangering lives. It sounds like all three of the kids have COVID-19.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: lostsock

I’m so sorry lostsock. My heart goes out to you & your son.
Warm healing thoughts to you and the rest of your state.

With Love and Metta from California

edit on 31-3-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

here

edit on 31-3-2020 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Right.
He does not say "most people are naturally immune." Does he?
Because most people ain't. Probably none are. Because it is a new virus.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

You might want to refused to read those lines in the article but the article clearly states he does.
If people didn't have naturally immunity then the cruise ships would have infected 100% if the people because the virus in droplets can remain in the air for hours. Explaining why some people in China that remained in their apartments got infected, It can travel through vents.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

You might want to refused to read those lines in the article but the article clearly states he does.

Too bad it doesn't have a direct quote then.

If people didn't have naturally immunity then the cruise ships would have infected 100% if the people because the virus in droplets can remain in the air for hours.
Were they not isolated in their rooms? Were they all tested?

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

I saw that too. My immediate thought was that doctors are already stretched thin in some areas and aren't going to waste their time and PPE on doing a risky autopsy to determine exactly what they died from.

edit on 31-3-2020 by asdfas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Who knows. St udy have shown it is still detectable in aerosols for up to three hours. SARS was found in stool specimens from two patients so that another possible infection route (plumbing).

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Cool.
Got a study on "natural immunity?" Because it doesn't really seem to exist in "most people."

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Most people aren't infected so thats an unknown. In mice they found the innate immune response was sufficient to overcome sars infection in younger mice here. Whereas (suggested) exacerbated immune response by aged mice caused severe pulmonary disease and inflammation.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

You have mistaken the article's author's paraphrasing as a direct quote, it is not:

Michael Levitt praised Israel for its preventative measures. He said most people are naturally immune, and that since the infection rate in China is slowing down, "the end of the pandemic is near."

Source is your article.

If you pay close attention, "the end of the pandemic is near," is only direct quote in the above excerpt, the bit regarding immunity is from the author of the article and their likely flawed understanding of what Levitt actually said.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yes, we know that an impaired immune system doesn't help anyone. But that article does not say that "most mice are naturally immune."

The article you quoted is a classic case of consumer "science" getting the actual science wrong.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

You have mistaken the article's author's paraphrasing as a direct quote, it is not:

Michael Levitt praised Israel for its preventative measures. He said most people are naturally immune, and that since the infection rate in China is slowing down, "the end of the pandemic is near."

Source is your article.

If you pay close attention, "the end of the pandemic is near," is only direct quote in the above excerpt, the bit regarding immunity is from the author of the article and their likely flawed understanding of what Levitt actually said.

Thank You jadedANDcynical. I was confused by Phage for few comments until I understood his inference. The article clearly says he said those words. If the article is misrepresenting his words they need to retract it.

If you read entire article it does seem to help explain why most countries are now facing a downturn in new infections. I am hopeful that in 4-5 weeks the pandemic will end as quickly as it started.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

definition from medicenemt....

Innate immunity: Immunity that is naturally present and is not due to prior sensitization to an antigen from, for example, an infection or vaccination. Since it is not stimulated by specific antigens, innate immunity is generally nonspecific. It is in contrast to acquired immunity. Also called natural immunity.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Yes, I know.
"Most people" do not have natural immunity to the COVID19 virus.

new topics

top topics

<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join