It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 307
<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I see that CNN is showing a big banner on the right of the screen showing TOTAL covid-19 cases in the USA and the World.

They should show ACTIVE cases...which is more realistic to the RIGHT NOW.

If you'll recall, we don't actually know the number of active cases. We know the number of active cases that were tested (a small percentage of the population, restricted by certain rules) an average of four days ago.

For example, look at the Dallas area data from Johns Hopkins:
Dallas, Texas, US
Confirmed: 549
Deaths: 11
Recovered: 0
Active: 538

Now, I know that can't be right. There've been people who had it and have recovered (or so I presume.) The death count is probably reasonably correct. The number was updated just last night, so at least some of those are still active. But unless they have a way of monitoring and confirming who recovered (not likely here in Texas with a big shortage of tests and testing sites) we're just not going to get the data.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414

originally posted by: Lysergic
Pray for Fredo.

CNN anchor Chris Cuomo diagnosed with coronavirus; he will continue working from home

I'll pray. But for which way???

edition.cnn.com...

I never thought I would say this. Chris has been more fair about reporting things than Don Lemonhead. Man, I can't stand that guy.

No matter who it is, I wish them a speedy recovery from this.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
NYS Assem. Chris Friend calls for personal protective equipment for corrections officers.

But... but... I thought masks and gloves were a bad thing to use for this virus...

PPE

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Daily update from Vermont: 293 confirmed cases, 13 deaths

New stats being released which is great to see: patients hospitalized with COVID-19 stands at 21
Individuals hospitalized with symptoms but pending test results stands at 52

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
From French Live Feed :

- 19h07 : Brett Crozier, Captain of aircraft carrier USS Roosevelt, asks for his crew to be offloaded in Guam.
Over 100 on board have COVID-19. He wrote a 4-page Request.
Also on Twitter : twitter.com...
San Francisco Chronicle

Acting Navy Scretary Thomas Modly, replying to CNN :

The Navy did not respond to The Chronicle’s requests for comment Monday, but on Tuesday morning as the news spread, the Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly spoke to CNN.

“I heard about the letter from Capt. Crozier (Tuesday) morning, I know that our command organization has been aware of this for about 24 hours and we have been working actually the last seven days to move those sailors off the ship and get them into accommodations in Guam. The problem is that Guam doesn’t have enough beds right now and we’re having to talk to the government there to see if we can get some hotel space, create tent-type facilities,” Modly said.

“We don’t disagree with the (captain) on that ship and we’re doing it in a very methodical way because it’s not the same as a cruise ship, that ship has armaments on it, it has aircraft on it, we have to be able to fight fires if there are fires on board the ship, we have to run a nuclear power plant, so there’s a lot of things that we have to do on that ship that make it a little bit different and unique but we’re managing it and we’re working through it,” he said.

“We’re very engaged in this, we’re very concerned about it and we’re taking all the appropriate steps,” Modly said.

- 19h27 : A vaccine, currently being developed, "Won't be available in sufficient quantity for a Year".
From European Medical Agency (EMA).
(I think this applies to just about any vaccine...)

_ 19h28 : French Numbers

- 22,757 currently Hospitalised.
- over 52,000 confirmed cases.
- 5,565 severe cases in Reanimation (ER), 458 more in the lmast 24h.
- 34% under 60 yrs.
- 60% in between 60 and 80 yrs.
- 68 patients in ER are under 30 years old.
- 3,523 have died since the beginning of the epidemic.

edit on 31-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added link and reply

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
BBC Article : "Calling all (UK) 3D Printer Owners."
www.3DCrowd.uk
(Other Countries might want to do this also).

Shortages of personal protective equipment are proving to be a serious problem for healthcare workers on the front line of the battle against coronavirus.

One doctor from the UK has come up with a novel solution involving 3D printers.

James Coxon is calling on 3D printer owners to use their machines to make face shields for the NHS.

His 3DCrowd UK group has already made and donated thousands of 3D-printed masks made by volunteers.

“We are basically asking all the people around the country with 3D printers to join our project to create face shields for hospitals and other health workers,” said Gen Ashley from 3DCrowd UK.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
From the Guardian Live Feed :

- 7.27pm : "A group of 28 spring break tourists who returned to Texas from the Mexican beach resort of Cabo San Lucas have tested positive for coronavirus"

About a week and a half ago, approximately 70 people in their 20s departed in a chartered plane for a spring break trip. Some of the group returned on separate commercial flights. Currently, 28 young adults on this trip have tested positive for COVID-19 and dozens more are under public health investigation.

- 7.59pm : Slovakia confirms first Death from Coronavirus.
They had 363 confirmed cases, as of Midnight monday night.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Its looking like 1million cases by tmrw night and NEW York alone will pass the amount for whole of China (If numbers are to be believed)

www.worldometers.info/coronavirus

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2
That was a good letter that the Captain of the Roosevelt wrote. He is obviously concerned for his crew. I hope that he gets an affirmative response from his superiors very quickly.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well, the numbers for Oneida county NY continue to go up 46 now, along with our first death unfortunately.
www.wktv.com...

UTICA, N.Y. – One person diagnosed with coronavirus in Oneida County has died, County Executive Anthony Picente announced Tuesday. No details were released about the individual. There are also eight new positive cases of coronavirus, bringing the total in the county to 46.

edit on 31-3-2020 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Replied a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yeah I am appalled by that so called PPE - that flimsy pinny is useless - for anything I could think of!
Pointless
a reply to: MissBeck

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
He just makes sense! No matter what people think politically, he is right on this!
a reply to: Hecate666

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This is really interesting. A free software that does virus modeling. Interesting results this person got.

I am playing around with it myself, just to try different factors.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I tried sharing that on Facebook a couple of days ago....according to FB it contravened their terms or some such and I wasn't able to post!

Angry Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

Sent back, tab accident lol

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

I tried sharing that on Facebook a couple of days ago....according to FB it contravened their terms or some such and I wasn't able to post!

Angry Rainbows
Jane

Thats insane. Censuring a call to help Medical staff!! ?
I don't go on facebook much, old friends have my email now...

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Guardian Live Feed :

8.38pm : "Boy, 13, becomes UK's youngest Coronavirus Victim."

A 13-year-old boy in London who tested positive has died, Kings College hospital has said. He is believed to be the youngest victim of the outbreak in the UK.

8.44pm :

According to the Press Association, the victim was 13-year-old Ismail Mohamed Abdulwahab from Brixton, in south London. His family has said he died in hospital in the early hours of Monday and had no apparent underlying health conditions.

8.52pm :

Ismail started showing symptoms and had difficulties breathing and was admitted to King’s College hospital.

He was put on a ventilator and then put into an induced coma but sadly died yesterday morning. To our knowledge he had no underlying health conditions. We are beyond devastated.

Sadly, he died without any family members close by due to the highly infectious nature of Covid-19.

edit on 31-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: 2nd and 3rd quote

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have a sad update on my friend's uncle. He passed away 3 days ago from CCP Virus. He was initially expected to die, then he was given some treatment and he seemingly improved for about 3 or 4 days but then he was removed from respirator and died.

This happened in Boston hospital.

He was a man in his early 60s and I do not know if he had pre existing conditions.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the videos being shared online of Italians either burning the EU flag or replacing it with the national one??

Italian politician Fabio Rampelli removes the EU flag from his chambers and replaces it with the national one.

If the Coronavirus did one good thing, that was expose the European union for the inept bureaucrats they are.

twitter.com...

A new trend is spreading on social media among Italians

— Under the slogan "We will save ourselves", Italians burn the flag of the EU while playing the Italian national anthem

twitter.com...

ITALY: A new rebellious trend has emerged and the MSM refuse to cover it... burning the EU FLAG!

They want out too! Under the slogan, “We will save ourselves”

twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join