It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 309
<< 306  307  308    310  311  312 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: InterplanetaryHobo

Those 2009 numbers look right for H1N1 flu, SARS was in 2003 and I think had only a few cases with very few or no deaths in the US.

edit on 31-3-2020 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

You are correct H1N1 for 2009. I apologize for putting in the incorrect flu name.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I can't believe the comments on other forums, people just don't even understand the charts shown today,

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I read someone's tweet below which said ' just because someone died WITH Covid, doesn't mean they died FROM Covid'
Which makes sense, but then how can you ascertain exactly how someone died, if they died with Covid? As in, if they had no respiratory issues pre-infection then died of lack of Oxygen, I would assume that would be marked as Covid? Or having Covid weakened them and they caught something else - is that Covid also? Is there some sort of definition for a Covid death vs. non?
I suppose either way, the main takeaway for me is that Italy and especially Lombardy never see this many intensive care admissions per day and per week and also never have that many dying at one time. So whether it is a direct Covid death or indirect, it is still makes sense to attribute it to Covid.
Does that make sense??!

a reply to: carewemust

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Breaking. It looks like only 12% of the deaths in Italy attributed to Coronavirus, were actually related to Coronavirus.

twitter.com...

What the....?!

what?

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
As there is no link to the actual source of the stats, I'll assume that's just a disingenuous way of saying 12% of the deaths in Italy had no other underlying conditions.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Idaho man went from being sick to being on a ventilator 'within hours'

“Friday evening he just kinda felt like I might have a cold but wasn’t like oh I’m for sure sick,” Emily said.

The next day, he decided to get tested because while he didn’t have a terrible cough, the body aches and chills were severe.

“He just kept saying if this is the flu this is the worst flu I’ve had in my life,” Emily said.

On Tuesday, Jesse woke Emily up early in the morning

"About 3:30, 4 in the morning he just finally said I can’t take this any longer," Emily explained. "He walked in and a couple hours later the nurses called and said he had a seizure and would be life-flighted to Boise."

Jesse’s test results came back the next day positive for COVID-19. Before all this happened the 39-year-old was healthy.

“He bikes, we hike, he is, he’s healthy," Emily said. "This could happen to anyone. I think that’s what’s so scary.”

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Breaking. It looks like only 12% of the deaths in Italy attributed to Coronavirus, were actually related to Coronavirus.

twitter.com...

What the....?!

I think I'll trust the front line medical staff who feel the need to put people on ventilators before some hair brained idiot like Candace Nobody.

I mean it's all well and good saying "people who died had underlying conditions, so how do we know CV killed them and they wouldn't have died anyway" - but first of all do you think dozens of doctors and nurses fall ill and need a ventilator every 6 weeks or so, and secondly are you seriously suggesting that people with high blood pressure or diabetes routinely fall ill and need a ventilator?

The idea that covid had nothing to do with their demise falls somewhere between ludicrous and idiotic.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

twitter.com...

What the....?!

I think this might be a translation issue. The CFR is 11-12% there. We know from video and doctors they have been slammed with it and we know they've had a LOT of deaths. Now saying that only 12% of the 12% died from COVID? Then what else is making everyone in Italy so sick they are dying at the same time COVID is around? It makes no sense. I'm really sure this is a poor translation and didn't mean what it reads like in this persons tweet.

Edit to add.... didn't mean to seem redundant. Comment above was made while I was typing mine.
edit on 31-3-2020 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Nevermind

I didnt convey my message the way I wanted.
edit on 31-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

this is how world leaders interact..Well Done!

[snipped]

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia is sending the United States medical equipment to help fight the coronavirus outbreak, the Interfax news agency reported on Tuesday, citing the Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov.

President Vladimir Putin made the proposal in a phone conversation with President Donald Trump on Monday, when they discussed the coronavirus and oil markets, directing their energy ministers to speak.

“Trump gratefully accepted this humanitarian aid,” Interfax quoted Peskov as saying. A Russian plane with medical and protective equipment may leave for the United States on Tuesday, he added.

edit on 31/3/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Mar 31 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Chinese researchers have raised the possibility that a new subtype pathogen of Covid-19 that has low toxicity but with prolonged ability to infect others might have occurred after observing a rare case in which the disease appeared to be “chronic”, pointing to the possibility of a mutation. The researchers warn there may be more “chronic infected patients” who carry the infection into their surroundings and trigger an outbreak. A middle-aged man whose symptoms were not severe appears to have formed a “dynamic balance” with the coronavirus after an extremely prolonged illness lasting 49 days, Chinese military researchers reported in a preprint article on Medrxiv.org last week. The patient had been observed to have both a high Covid-19 viral load and, at the same time, his immune cell indicators had remained stable.

What?!

coronavirus patient’s mild symptoms but long illness may point to ‘chronic’ mutation: researchers

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

twitter.com...

And who told her this ?

What the....?!

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Nope, because I tried again a few hours ago and it still wont let me.

Still angry Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The first fatality in Thailand attributed to Covid-19 was a 35-year-old male who, doctors said, was battling both Covid-19 and Dengue fever at the same time. They said he was virus free for a few days but his organs failed and he didn't make it.

What illness did he die of? Dengue is very serious and sometimes fatal but without the CV he might have recovered. Of course at 35, if he didn't have Dengue he probably would have sailed through the Covid infection without much trouble.

Who knows. Evidently, policy is in place to report these things as due to Covid-19 just to impress upon the public that the threat is real and that everyone should take precautions.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

If this doesn't drive you batty, nothing will :~)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...:+Trending+Content&utm_ medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

LONDON (Reuters) - Losing your sense of smell and taste may be the best way to tell if you have COVID-19, according to a study of data collected via a symptom tracker app developed by British scientists to help monitor the pandemic caused by the new coronavirus.

2nd time ive seen this theory in a week

Almost 60% of patients who were subsequently confirmed as positive for COVID-19 had reported losing their sense of smell and taste, the data analyzed by the researchers showed.

That compared with 18% of those who tested negative.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
BBC Article : "Calling all (UK) 3D Printer Owners."
www.3DCrowd.uk
(Other Countries might want to do this also).

Shortages of personal protective equipment are proving to be a serious problem for healthcare workers on the front line of the battle against coronavirus.
One doctor from the UK has come up with a novel solution involving 3D printers.
James Coxon is calling on 3D printer owners to use their machines to make face shields for the NHS.
His 3DCrowd UK group has already made and donated thousands of 3D-printed masks made by volunteers.
“We are basically asking all the people around the country with 3D printers to join our project to create face shields for hospitals and other health workers,” said Gen Ashley from 3DCrowd UK.

seems they are rather behind the times. but it is good to see some people are paying attention to what others in other countries are doing.

in the Philippines people have been 3d printing face shields for a couple weeks now. people here have really stepped up to the situation. people have been making masks as well as people in the fashion industry and things like the umbrella manufacturers are making protective clothing (and of course when one has fashion designers involved, they actually have some style to them lol). early on hospitals even asked people who did glass and plastic work, to build boxes they can use on patients to help stop the contamination of the virus. and people have been building them. i have heard that people are even building needed ventilators. and have even seen where it would appear that they are even starting to repurpose some of the newer type dive masks to use as part of the ventilator equipment. and it would seem that a lot of the people doing these things are individuals, and small companies.

there is something that i am finding disturbing in all of this. we have known things like masks, PPE, ventilators, and other needed things are in short supply. both due to the severity of the sickness and numbers of people suffering from it. as well as the fact that the main supplier of such things world wide, was the first hit and pretty much shut down. and of course keeping most of what they have been making for their own needs. yet with all the stimulus packages, financial aid, aid to foreign countries and other things countries like Canada and the US are doing, why have they not used some of that money to start up such obviously badly needed industry to manufacture things like masks, PPE and other needed medical equipment and supplies? the only thing some countries have started to make to help the virus, is test kits. so why not everything else that is in critical short supply?

healthcare workers are in serious danger due to this sickness. so why have not governments, especially in the "rich countries", done anything to protect them? the fact that it seems to only be individuals doing these things is very troubling. since this is exactly the type of thing governments should be doing.

right now in the Philippines it's now almost 20% of those who are dead from this virus, are DOCTORS. i wonder how many more of those both dying and sick, are people who work in the medical field in some way, be it something like those doing the needed cleaning, and of course nurses and other support staff? as well as how many are people who have been working in essential services such as grocery stores and pharmacies, police and military, takeout delivery drivers, water delivery and other such things?

so far we have 2,084 confirmed cases. 88 dead (at least 17 of those are doctors). and only 49 recovered.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

The lesson here is that medical supplies are a strategic asset no country should outsource.

The scary part about the number of deaths in the medical community is that it shows a link between the severity of the symptoms and the viral levels in population clusters. The density of sick people clustered together correlates directly to the severity of the symptoms in those infected that are treating them.

The nurses and doctors are constantly being peppered with virus "pollen" and "blooming" to the viruses most lethal iteration.

If we dont start protecting our medical professionals like they too were a strategic asset then we may be worse off for the next major medical issue we face of this magnitude or greater.

edit on 31-3-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

twitter.com...

What the....?!

what?

Huh.. all citations for this 'story' lead back to Candace Owen's Twitter account and a "Professor Ricciardi" is nowhere to be found.

Something stinks..

new topics

top topics

<< 306  307  308    310  311  312 >>

join