It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 310
<< 307  308  309    311  312  313 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Temporary overflow hospitals are now being built in Canada. The one in the picture is quite close to me. My community has over 100 cases. Our province has over 2000. Everything is closed for quite some time.

We know of a few connections who are on ventilators and one in organ failure (not elderly).

It’s been real for awhile but getting closer by the day.

Stay safe all.

apple.news...

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: InterplanetaryHobo
If this disease does not begin to slow down in the next two to three weeks, or IF there is not a preventative medicine or a cure that comes out in the next few months, looking at my numbers, I am projecting that this may very well be the THIRD leading cause of death in the US for 2020.

I am, also, now going to project, that by the end of Wednesday April 8th, the US will have at least 15,000 deaths. And by the next day Thursday April 9th, the US will have had more deaths from Covid-19 (barely 1 ½ month time) than the total ESTIMATED number of SARS deaths of 2009, in the US, for a year’s time (8,868 – 18,306).

Now that I have gone out on a limb and made my statement, there will undoubtedly be those who wish to saw off the limb I have gone out on. BUT on April 8th, we will see when the limb is cut, if those who oppose these numbers were closer to the tree, or if myself, and my numbers were closer to the tree.

Your number are...too low sadly. What sickens me is over 10% of the TOTAL deaths from this thing, happened just today...and the ramp up is just gaining steam. Hope spring break was worth it.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
NC cases now 1,536 out of 23,106 total tests, 157 hospitalized, 8 deaths.
Looks like the next 2-4 weeks are going to be pretty rough although the daily case rate in NC is either leveling off or possibly dropping - preliminary data though...fingers crossed.

NC Dashboard

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
American ingenuity may ease the need for ventilators.

Austin's company, Sea-Long Medical Systems Inc., is getting thousands of orders every day, from America's top hospitals to countries as far flung as the United Arab Emirates. Researchers say the device, which costs less than $200, could help hospitals free up ventilators for only the most critically ill coronavirus patients.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hospitals tightening restrictions after dad with coronavirus symptoms shows up at wife's delivery to see newborn.

...and given that we've already had one newborn die of this....

(says something very harsh and unkind)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

*mumble grumble bonehead mumble grumble*

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
www.reuters.com...:+Trending+Content&utm_ medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

LONDON (Reuters) - Losing your sense of smell and taste may be the best way to tell if you have COVID-19, according to a study of data collected via a symptom tracker app developed by British scientists to help monitor the pandemic caused by the new coronavirus.

2nd time ive seen this theory in a week

Almost 60% of patients who were subsequently confirmed as positive for COVID-19 had reported losing their sense of smell and taste, the data analyzed by the researchers showed.

That compared with 18% of those who tested negative.

It actually now shows up as a diagnostic trait in the "do you have coronavirus" list. So, yes. it's real.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest

The military will no doubt will be requested to Help with the overflow
One thing having extra beds, quite another having the expertise to run them.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: HelloboysImbackguy

i agree whole heartedly. medical supplies and things like medication should be a strategic resource, and not be allowed to rely on outsourcing most of it.

but look at the reaction to Trump when he started to try to deal with such things. it wasn't medical stuff, at least yet. it was metal manufacturing that he was trying to get dealt with, another strategic resource that should be made at home where possible. he was severely criticized around the world, for even trying to fix the situation. fact is we need to have at least the capability to manufacture most things inside each country. and specifically stop relying on China for almost everything.

and this is the perfect time for such manufacturing home. and even to use federal funds to set up such manufacturing. but why do i strongly suspect that all that help china is starting to send around the world has some major strings attached? strings like, can not stop buying everything from China/

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Pattern emerging is race against time to gear up then the spread of virus spread starts to diminish. Perhaps Michael Levitt is right, Most people have natural immunity to the virus. Limiting its ability to spread into the greater population.

Israeli Nobel Laureate: Coronavirus spread is slowing

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop
I don't see why this would be an issue as almost in all cases of respiratory infections there's this symptom of loss of smell and even taste..

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Moscow is getting troops in and it looks like a curfew will be enforced in the near future, if Putin is giving Ventilators to America its because he is pretty sure they wont need them, as their approach seems to be to ramp up production of Chloroquine. this will be interesting.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Most people have natural immunity to the virus.

He does not say that.

He said that the infection rate would peak and decline. That is how epidemics work. That's also what every model shows.

People are not "naturally" immune, once they recover from the illness they become immune.

edit on 3/31/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

from article ... "he said most people are naturally immune"

(post by game over man removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
yep . anybody with a brain knows China is lying about their numbers
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Phage

from article ... "he said most people are naturally immune"

Show a quote from him which says that.

edit on 3/31/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Missouri minor update:
I just got off the phone with my 21 yr old son who is running a fever of 100.2 coughing and feeling worn out since Friday.(his words) He is an essential worker working for the electric company. They are not allowing for sick time since he hasnt been tested, Which isnt likely to happen since he has no regular doctor to give him a referral for testing. So he is still going to work everyday and doing his best to put in the hours required of him. As of today 12 people are already out with fevers and coughs and they are telling them all that as soon as you feel well enough to come back in. So no quarantine time just keep coming to work.

Rant time: Im livid. He called asking me what he should do, all I can do is shake my damn head at this point. He is worried about losing his job if he doesnt show up for work since he has no doctors excuse but no doctors are seeing patients in his area. His company states that since they have no actual contact with customers that they "should be safe" and are required to come. ( He drives around and marks where people can dig )

Also my sons girlfriend and his room mate are all showing symptoms and none of them can get tested. So yeah there have to be tons of unconfirmed cases out there and this is beyond ridiculous. It seems the powers that be really want everyone to catch this and I I dont see how flattening the curve is going to be helpful when the people from the electric company are sending out sick employees.

Listening to my son on the phone and hearing his cough and his sluggish speech pattern, he sounds very groggy and generally worried. Now I'm worried, more than worried. I know he is young and healthy but still that is my only child who is sick and lives 10 hours away

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Breaking. It looks like only 12% of the deaths in Italy attributed to Coronavirus, were actually related to Coronavirus.

twitter.com...

What the....?!

Psychology Today Blog

Another factor affecting the mortality rate in Italy involves health reporting protocols. Professor Walter Ricciardi, an advisor to the Italian Health Ministry, observes that the high death rates there may reflect the way that deaths are recorded. “The way in which we code deaths in our country is very generous in the sense that all the people who die ... with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus," he has said. “On re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12 percent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus, while 88 percent of patients who have died have at least one pre-morbidity—many had two or three” (Newey, 2020). Pre-morbidity refers to having serious health issues prior to the onset of a disease.

edit on 31-3-2020 by GravitySucks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 307  308  309    311  312  313 >>

join