It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 294
<< 291  292  293    295  296  297 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Up 18 to 175.

Surveillance testing is underway and seems to be encouraging in regard to community spread and unknown infection rate, though the testing rate is far below what was originally expected.

HDOH is expanding existing statewide influenza surveillance to include testing for COVID-19 to identify cases of community spread of the new coronavirus. For 263 sentinel surveillance specimens collected between 3/1 and 3/20, all cases were negative for COVID-19 (0% positive).

health.hawaii.gov...

edit on 3/30/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

We found that in addition to the involvement of the respiratory system, critically ill patients often had systemic involvement of multiple organs, including the heart, kidney, and coagulation system in the early disease course. Sometimes multiple system involvement was observed even at the time of initial hospital admission. Therefore, in addition to the respiratory supportive treatment, timely multiorgan evaluation and treatment is very crucial.

Clinical observation and management of COVID-19 patients - Taylor & Francis Online

It's not just a respiratory disease, a severe infection can involve multiple systems; even early on.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I have a brother-in-law who is pushing this idea that 50% or greater of the population has already had the virus and that the majority of the population is immune.

This is pure fantasy.

There are many nations that have now done some reasonably extensive testing. Keep in mind that the majority of this testing was done on people who were SUSPECTED CASES or had been in contact with positive cases. This was not just random testing of the populous.
South Korea over 93% negative,
Germany over 92% negative
Israel over 93% negative
Canada over 97% negative,
Australia over 98% negative.
The USA is over 83% negative and it has been very difficult to even get tested here.
They have required a very GOOD reason to test you.

The bottom line is that if this testing net was widened to the general population, the negative rates would likely go UP not down.

So how about this idea that a bunch of people have had it and are completely recovered and that is the reason they test negative. You have to realize the nature of Exponential spread. The growth rate of deaths shows us that the Exponential spread doubles every 3 days. That means that every three days AS many people have just been infected as had been infected from day 1 all the way up to that last three days.

You also have to measure this against the disease progression. It is a roughly 3-4 week journey from getting infected, incubation, symptom manifestation around 10-14 days, serious complications in the 3rd or 4th week and death shortly within that time frame. Recovery can take up to 6-8 weeks. Even for many who have mild or no symptoms the virus takes at a minimum 13-21 days to be cleared and the patient to stop shedding.

So here is the bottom line. Lets assume a modest number of 15 days on average for someone to get infected, survive the infection and clear the virus so that they would then test negative. Because of the exponential growth, if we were near the PEAK of the growth curve, that would mean that RIGHT now would be when the majority of people should be testing POSITIVE.

How big a majority?

In 15 days you would have seen the infected number double 5 times. So lets assume they are right and HALF of Americans have already been exposed as of today. Thats 165 million people. Based on the 3 day doubling rate that would mean that 15 days ago, 5,156,250 people were infected or had been infected and recovered.
However, NOW, today, 159,843,750 people had been recently infected within the last 15 days and WOULD test positive for Covid-19.

So all the testing they are doing now, if evenly applied across the population would yield a MINIMUM 48% positive test rate, and if they were testing only the people whom they think are Most likely to have it(the current situation) that positive test rate would be MUCH, MUCH higher. The known data does not lie.

Soul

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I don know whether this was posted.

FDA grants emergency approval for 15-minute coronavirus test

link

The test can deliver "results in as little as five minutes and negative results in 13 minutes," its developer, Abbott, said in a statement.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authorized the emergency use of a new rapid coronavirus test that could give patients results in less than 15 minutes.

Abbott, the medical device company that created the test, said Friday that it can deliver "results in as little as five minutes and negative results in 13 minutes."

Abbott said it is ramping up production to deliver 50,000 tests to the U.S. health care system starting next week.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Stores in Beverly Hills are being boarded up due to the virus and expected looting. The stores are emptying their shelves and removing their high end merchandise. I've personally noticed this around Southern California and have seen quite a few places boarded up but had assumed it was due to the place closing down; I hadn't considered that they were planning for looting. I wasn't expecting things to get that bad but now I'm wondering if they are about to be.

Source: www.tmz.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: saladfingers123456
here we have the names of how many people? 33,965 dead... how many names do we have? Who are all these people?

given that the names of all people being treated for contagious infections aren't normally posted i would consider this to be a privacy and respect thing. People can post about their own and their families experiences online but the hospitals aren't breaching patient confidentiality.
That's one thought.
The other is that you're so far through the looking glass right now that even if there WAS a list of names, you wouldn't believe it. There'd be random qanons doing all manner of 'analysis' and numerological futzing to make the list say I AM BECOME DEATH THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS and the Ickes and Joneses would be shouting about fake names and no one at all would be any better off than they are now.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Because we've been given absolutely no exit strategy
here's an idea

We mass test
those that test positive for the antibodies have some restriction's lifted
those that do not, get added support
we bolster productivity and shore-up distribution
we claw our way out of the financial abyss.
edit on 30-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   

The medicines and healthcare products regulatory agency has approved a breathing aid that can help keep covid-19 patients out of intensive care which has been developed by a team from University College London and the Mercedes Formula One team

twitter.com...

Also:

We're proud to be providing essential sub-systems and components as part of the @VentilatorU consortium.

twitter.com...
edit on 30/3/2020 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

The medicines and healthcare products regulatory agency has approved a breathing aid that can help keep covid-19 patients out of intensive care which has been developed by a team from University College London and the Mercedes Formula One team

twitter.com...

Also:

We're proud to be providing essential sub-systems and components as part of the @VentilatorU consortium.

twitter.com...

I read that. But it's some kind of CPAP machine which is only any good if the patient still has the reflex to breathe. Great news that they have more of these but if patients need ventilating CPAP is bot an alternative.
Happy to be corrected

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: saladfingers123456

Have you not seen the Doctors from Italy , Spain , Iran & China ALL saying the same thing?

On Saturday a lady from my partners school died (mid 50s) and the son of my mother’s friend (33). Ive seen plenty of named cases, how many will it take you to be convinced?

It is tough to comprehend and there is an ulterior agenda at play (depopulation, one world currency, further austerity, police state etc) but let’s not get silly now and claim nobody’s dying just because your immediate family haven’t been affected yet.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

You are right but the point of these is to stop patients needing to get ventilated with all the extra intensive care required for that.
The more people who get these the less then will go on to need ventilators which will/should help massively.

edit on 30-3-2020 by johnb because: sp

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Well, here's NY's numbers. Last night we were at 59513 this morning 59746 Could this finally be slowing down or haven't the final numbers come in yet?
www.worldometers.info...

coronavirus.1point3acres.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: saladfingers123456

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: BPilgrim
Have you seen the video where a journalist goes to a German hospital and there is no one there?
Edit:
Just checked..... it has been removed.

Implying what? All the staff down, or total fabrication? I'm still yet to have any actual confirmation the virus even exists yet outside this place or news. PsyOps are real, I know that.

It is back up now.....new source.

Go to David Icke website, it is called :
German Journalist Goes to Corona Emergency Hospital - There is No One There What a Scam.

It has German doctors on the video talking about the "virus' on the video as well.

German journalist goes to hospital 'teeming with coronavirus patients' - how can doctors cope? - and finds NO ONE THERE
www.davidicke.com...
edit on 30-3-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   
From the French Live Feed :

- 7h22 : " Germany chooses South Korean Strategy. "
They are currently testing 300,000 to 500,000 a week, and are quarantining those who are infected, to try and keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed.
A leaked Interior Minister's Document states that they would like to be doing 200,000 tests per day.

- 7h29 : Twitter deletes two of Jair Bolsonaro's tweets questioning the lockdown/self-isolation in Brazil.

- 7h31 : Oil has never been so cheap : WTI is around $20, and Brent is around $23.

- 7h31 : A website to report people breaching quarantine/lockdown rules in New Zealand, temporarily collapsed a few hours after opening, due to the large influx of people reporting violations.

- 7h45 : A little video of the Field Hospital being constructed in New York's Central Park :
twitter.com...
(After reporting on this Yesterday, I was hoping some USA people would have added info...)

- 8h28 : Ile-de-France Hospitals close to saturation (~1694 out of 2000 ER Beds occupied)

- 9h09 : All EasyJet Airplanes grounded for the foreseeable future (UK)

From Yesterday's White House Briefing :
As One person here has stated, yes the "5mn Positive/ 15min Negative" Test by Abbott (iirc) was announced as approved by the FDA yesterday. Fast Tracked by the FDA in 4 weeks instead of 10 Months (D.Trumps words).
About the Size of a toaster.

edit on 30-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I think it is real - this is 3rd hand information but I know a doctor in the NHS and several doctors they know are on ventilators at the moment. They have no reason to lie.
reply to: saladfingers123456

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
By origin I really meant to say was it released or just happened randomly.
I see by all the research it is zoonotic but was this one of those random moments or was it released in China on purpose?
So far we don't know how patient zero is in China do we?
a reply to: Byrd

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Because we've been given absolutely no exit strategy
here's an idea

We mass test
those that test positive for the antibodies have some restriction's lifted
those that do not, get added support
we bolster productivity and shore-up distribution
we claw our way out of the financial abyss.

it's a nice but unrealistic idea. the problem all along has been a lack of tests, to test people with. that is why for the most part they have only been testing people who. have been out of the country recently. have had close contact with a person who is confirmed to have had it. as well as people having to be admitted to hospital for specialized care.and disgustingly, politicians and the rich, and popular.

people who are not critical who are none of the above have typically been turned away and refuse to test them. i personally know people in both Canada and the US who have been through that. and the reason is that just like pretty much everywhere in the world, there are not enough tests, and so until they can start producing them in the tens of thousands a day, they can only really test those people most likely to have it, and need help.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

German journalist goes to hospital 'teeming with coronavirus patients' - how can doctors cope? - and finds NO ONE THERE
www.davidicke.com...

There you go Ignorant.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

Yesterday was the first time I think in a week or two that the overall numbers went in reverse.

I hope its because the general public are starting to take this more serious.

Will be interesting seeing tomorrows figures.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I could say the same thing about America.

There are empty hospitals in the usa, but there aren't empty beds in NY.
It depends which area I go to.

Two things I've learned during this pandemic are firstly how deep people can stick their heads in the sand.
And secondly, not everyone that can write in a forum is intelligent...

Talking of Germany, currently the numbers are down, but we've still got a couple of hours until all numbers are in.

It's been a week since the beginning of "lockdown". Not quarantine, but no more than 2 people close to each other in a public space.
Probably take a 2nd week until we see the newly infected coming back down... We'll see

Stay safe,

Sam

top topics

<< 291  292  293    295  296  297 >>

join