It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 292
<< 289  290  291    293  294  295 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yeah it's awful. If we can't cope in our modern hospitals, I know they will have a very bad time over there.
There is no way of managing that number of people that I can see.
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yeah I have heard that a fair bit this week here in the UK
All outpatient stuff cancelled, including many cancer treatments
a reply to: SoulReaper

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulReaper

originally posted by: cirrus12
The empty hospital thing is so bizarre! I had a look around on Twitter and keep seeing a fair few empty ones

There have been multiple reports of hospitals expelling all non-critical patients. Basically everybody who does not HAVE to be in the hospital is being sent home to open up beds for the surge that they know is coming.

Free up Hospital beds

Unlike the remote monitoring programs, which can track hundreds of patients at a time, the more comprehensive “hospital at home” programs in Boston and New York are far smaller in scale and currently limited to non-coronavirus patients — often those with congestive heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, bacterial infections or pneumonia. But home hospitalization still opens up critical beds for the influx of patients with the virus, said Dr. Linda DeCherrie, a professor at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.

“We’re trying to triple the number of beds in the New York area,” DeCherrie said. “Freeing up beds for other patients is really important.”

A lot of hospitals are doing this ahead of time, in anticipation of a surge.

Soul

Many of you here remember me posting that our local and prefecture hospital were emptying the hospital . They knew what was going to be happening in about 42 days. Now we have Tokyo reporting today (and this is just Tokyo) of 70 cases of infection + others ( keep in mind these are most likely the ones in the hospitals and may not include reported ones that have the flu ( but not full blown symptoms of the virus ).
The figures are for one thing now . IT IS TO KEEP THE PANIC LEVEL NEAR ZERO  this is to give the Japanese govt time (more time, I should say ) to think what and how to prepare for the epidemic that WILL take place now.

Keep in mind that N. Korea has recently fired 4 missiles toward Japan also in the last 2 weeks. Just saw a show on TV having a recorded military exercise. Never have I seen one broadcasted before.

Don't know what is cook'n , but in Okinawa now, for the military it seems peaceful on base according to my friend there.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I know I shouldn't complain,but here In the UK our lockdown hasn't even been going for a full week yet,and I am already getting bored.
I have extended my daily work out but thats not taking the edge off the boredom,and I don't want to do too much because I don't want to be needing more calories and making more shopping trips for food..
I have already done just about everything I can to sort out the garden and greenhouse,and I am sorting out/cleaning all my tools and building new shelves in my shed-but thats nearly done as well.
There is a few dozen acres of woodland behind my house that I would normally go for a run/bike ride in,but since the lockdown its been full of kids-who should be at home but are out acting like they are on holiday playing in the woods all day.Damn kids!

The cops now want everyone to report people breaking lockdown,and have been setting up special phone numbers and online forms to report/snitch/grass on people:

www.aol.co.uk... ja2dvLmNvbS8_dD1mZm50JnE9dWsrcG9saWNlK2xhdW5jaCthcHArdG8rcmVwb3J0K3Blb3BsZSticmVha2luZytsb2NrZG93bitydWxlcyZhdGI9djE4MS0xJmlhPW5ld3M&guce_referrer_sig =AQAAAMnYreNd8Xj4MNohrEDnbvjXCVlkE_sOYeyLgz3KZuTK7jBS3fHW9nmYa750AV5Eq5kmpDgAYEXZVrMSU7549t-gFcW9NqhX2UMOKuQ0HsTSBOrUzf5H183UIy9MGeEnKuejeYOx9Qd2g56rJ r5jNqAc4p5WtBAXw83ZctIuE47Y

But I ain't doing that.
I know people shouldn't break lockdown,and I will tell them not to to their face (from a safe distance)if I see anyone doing anything too stupid-but I also don't want to be part of a snitch nation/stalinist wet dream which seems to be a bad side effect of what is happening.
I feel like the government love it when everyone is suspicious of one another and want us to report on our neighbors,and they are using this virus as the perfect excuse to ramp up the social engineering.

"We're all in this together!"they tell us.
"Snitch on your neighbors if they break lockdown!" they tell us.

I really don't fancy 6 months or more of this.
Not much choice though I suppose

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Thoughts on Ickes analysis? I'd really recommend watching it, and challenging anything that you feel.

Makes a compelling case for it all being total BS. There is an overwhelming lack of proof at the moment that this is real, and not a total psyche job. Very clever... (Videos of people are not proof... there is plenty of proof that lies can be generated through well produced video clips however).

Unless overall death rates go up... dramatically... in the next 4 weeks compared to normal, then it is all a lie, and all power taken should be taken back. I say this as someone who took it seriously.

Thoughts?

What do you consider to be PROOF of the virus, and not proof of generated fear?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: saladfingers123456

Didn't watch it. Why... Well, its worldwide now. Fear or no fear, its real, its killing our love ones. China, before it closed itself out to the real world had real videos. That was speaking the truth of this world major tragedy .

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I assume most of you heard about Trump's update. 100,000 deaths, if we are doing good with social distancing, lcokdowns, and mitigation. Possibly 200,000. With no mitigation the estimates were 1.6 - 2.2 million deaths.

Figuring a 1% CFR, which may or may not be correct, means 10 - 20 million infections in the US. If it is a .1% CFR similar to the flu, like some have claimed. That means 100 -200 million infections in the US.

In my area, most of the people are ignoring social distancing, if others are the same, I doubt the numbers will be that low.

Is it still just a mild flu? Are those numbers worth crushing the economy?

IMHO, if it is possible to bring the mortality down from 2 million to 100,000, it was worth every penny.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Didn't watch it. Why... Well, its worldwide now. Fear or no fear, its real, its killing our love ones. China, before it closed itself out to the real world had real videos. That was speaking the truth of this world major tragedy .

Is it killing our loved ones? I'm asking what actual proof we have that it is real....

I'm struggling with the reality of it tbh
edit on 29-3-2020 by saladfingers123456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777
If tests show you have CV19 but you have mild symptoms, does that mean you are no longer shedding?

Nope. You can still pass along the virus to someone more susceptible... and cause their death.

Thank you Byrd. It is what I suspected, but I feel people who have had/recovered from the full blown symptoms, people think it is over and done with and you now have immunity so no longer infectious...like the chicken pox that I compared it with.
If this thing is still shedding even if you have recovered from a severe case of it....then WE ARE IN BIG TROUBLE!

Rainbows
Jane

There've been reports of reinfection, though whether it's with a variant is not known. There was something on my Facebook feed about requesting blood from people who've recovered, hoping that there are antibodies that can be used - but I don't know which research group wants this.

The data's too sparse at this point. I know that may seem odd, but America's isolationism has hindered work and information from the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Thank you
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Well yes, exactly. I watched a little bit of the german video which then went onto a bit of a documentary. It seemed quite spliced together and didn't watch it all to be honest.
I'm sure some of the footage is real, i'm sure much of it can be explained.

In other words, the footage really can't be trusted as presenting a true situation. It might... but it very likely is not.

It is interesting that this is now coming out - a definite agenda with it in the USA.

Misinformation and harm, yes. Creating suspicion. Trolling... only this time it can cause suspicion and resistance against government orders for isolation (if you think they're lying about the virus cases then you won't self-isolate... and you'll eventually become a spreader of infection if you don't actually die yourself.)

I do have a lot of questions though, many of which can't be answered.
What is the real origin of the virus? Intentional (as per TD) or accidental?

Zoonotic. Humans in contact with wild creatures. It happens a lot.

Who in government and which governments know the truth?

The scientists... and they've been telling people this. Trolls have been attempting to cover this up (apparently in discounting Faucci they feel that they can support the truth (that it's really 'nothing'.))

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: saladfingers123456

Is it killing our loved ones? I'm asking what actual proof we have that it is real....

And how will showing up at a hospital tell you that?

If you want proof, here on ATS, you can read our own FredT (admin) who has been posting about his experiences as a life flight first responder. Or if you don't believe him, then on this very forum is Iconic's experience as a first responder or Diddy's account of he and his wife becoming ill with COVID-19

Or reports from people who have lost people close to them

Or do you really think that all these people would somehow lie or not know what was going on?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I have a friend who's mother died of COVID-19 3 days ago, Arizona. I have another friend whose sister and husband currently have it. They are not fairing too well, New York.

It is very real. And it is killing and spreading everywhere.

People who are not heeding the warnings needlessly and risking themselves to infection are showing recklessness and selfishness. They aren't showing proper love to neighbor and family. Even if they get infected and don't get sick or too sick, they can still pass it on to a weaker member in the family, a friend, or even a passer-by who may be susceptible who in turn ends up gravely ill or even dead.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Inconsequential

I isolated, and remain so because I thought it was the right approach (personal sovereignty). The martial law aspect of this is what is deeply concerning... that and what is being attributed to this virus. More so, because as someone who has watched the numbers, it has become clear that no names have really come out... just odd ones here and there.
In a war, those lost to the fight were listed... here we have the names of how many people? 33,965 dead... how many names do we have? Who are all these people?

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I am taking a harder line from this point. I'm not saying that there is no reality to it, I'm questioning what the actual reality is... and where we are being manipulated and by whom.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

My nephew is a surgeon in a UK hospital would you like me to ask him to give you a tour ?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

My nephew is a surgeon in a UK hospital would you like me to ask him to give you a tour ?

I'd like to get more named doctors on record stating their reality clearly, so that people who are giving up everything (including freedoms), or are wondering how they survive another few weeks understand why they are doing it.
I would trust your nephew over a politician. A tour would be stupid, but video statements by known doctors and nurses from each local hospital would have a dramatic impact on opinion though would it not?
I'd like to see some UK doctors address the interesting points Mr Icke raises regarding testing also.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
looks like the medics are changing their tone about wearing masks

Experts now say we SHOULD be wearing medical masks to stop the spread of coronavirus - just weeks after the Surgeon General told people not to buy them due to a massive shortage

Medical professionals in Asia are now saying that N95 face masks can help curb the spread of coronavirus - despite advice from the US Surgeon General that they shouldn't be bought by the public amid mass shortages for doctors. 'This virus is transmitted by droplets and close contact. Droplets play a very important role — you've got to wear a mask, because when you speak, there are always droplets coming out of your mouth,' George Gao, who works with the Chinese Center for Disease and Prevention, told Science Magazine. 'Many people have asymptomatic or presymptomatic infections. If they are wearing face masks, it can prevent droplets that carry the virus from escaping and infecting others,' Gao said.

i rather suspect that the masks not stopping the virus was to try to keep people from buying them. and so those that had them would hopefully turn them over to hospitals. since they all knew that masks were a scarce and critical supply. just like the CNN news story last week that said that the virus was not airborne UNLESS you were in a hospital. as they printed what the ministry of health told them.

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, March 18) — People could catch the coronavirus disease through the air, but only if they are in medical facilities, the Department of Health said Wednesday, citing the result of a preliminary research on the virus.
www.cnnphilippines.com...

and here there was a mask shortage before the virus was even a concern. and close to the time China got shut down. because of the Taal volcano eruption close to Manila. where most masks in the country ended up being shipped to the effected area to use against the volcanic ashfall. so it does in a crappy kind of way make sense that knowing there is a shortage of masks. and knowing that they WILL be needed by those treating the sickness, to lie to the people that such masks are not effective, so that the hospitals and medical personal would have at least some of the supply they need, compared to even less of the limited supply they have. with the understanding that more lives could be saved that way.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Thoughts on Ickes analysis?
I watched a video of Icke claiming the people in charge are alien lizard people, with basically no proof whatsoever.

I can only see two possibilities:
1. He's completely crazy to be having such beliefs based on absolutely nothing tangible, or,
2. He's not crazy at all and he's completely making up stuff he knows is absolutely false because it sells to the crazies out there.

I don't know which is true, but it doesn't really matter since in either case, why would anything he says be worth paying any attention to, if he's either crazy or lying?

A lot of things can affect death rates. One thing is whether or not we run out of hospital beds. Without measures to limit the spread, it looks like we will run out of hospital beds faster and then people who can't get a hospital treatment or a ventilator may die who otherwise might have survived with treatment. So I can't really buy an argument that unless death rates go through the roof there was nothing to worry about...part of what's being done is to avoid skyrocketing deaths due to lack of treatment resources. So if everyone gets the treatment they need, death rates can hopefully be kept low.

Emergency hospitals are being built which should help, but I think there may be a ventilator shortage, and I don't know if ventilators can be made fast enough to meet the need...that depends partly on how fast it spreads.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Thoughts on Ickes analysis?
I watched a video of Icke claiming the people in charge are alien lizard people, with basically no proof whatsoever.

Care to give me a time code where he claims this? How interesting that rather than actually address anything stated, you instead work to discredit what he says in your opening sentence. Who cares what he thinks about lizard people, when the points he raises in THIS video are salient and on point?

I'm not sure you can be trusted yourself with that fascinatingly deflective post. How interesting...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
pass
edit on 29-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 289  290  291    293  294  295 >>

join