It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 290
<< 287  288  289    291  292  293 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Three hospitals in Kentucky

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
a reply to: Gargoyle91

That's if we weren't doing what most of us are doing... which is stay home as much as possible. If we open the floodgates again and let everyone go back to work (if it's not out of business already) it would be VERY VERY VERY BAD. We need to stay home and that 2.2M number drops drastically.

How many months can we go without people working?
What happens to the economy after X amount of months shutdown?
Will lock-downs really work with this pathogen if the whole world doesn't shutdown until all curves are complete?
What is China now unfortunately finding out after their lock-down of almost 3 months?
How many cycles does this pathogen have --do we go back into lockdown in the Fall--what about next year?
How many mutations, have been observed --can people be infected with 2 mutations at the same time?

My apologies for mundane Socratic Method response, but these are all things to consider before we just shutdown everything.

Need to evaluate (loss of life depression) + (loss of Life virus) with multiple variables to get to lowest possible loss of life. I'm sure that is what they're trying to achieve here.

Remember if society completely breaks down it will make fighting the virus much much more difficult.
There are even groups who will try and exacerbate protests and anarchy in this scenario.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

A week ago (when that video was posted) there were 103 cases in the entire state of Kentucky. Ironically that was also when Rand Paul told us he was tested positive.

edit on 3/29/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I am going to go to my hospitals and nose around this week.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Cobo Hall in Detroit is being turned into a hospital. Read it earlier and posted it.

Cobo is huge the North American Auto Show is there and cancelled.

www.wzzm13.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

A week ago (when that video was posted) there were 103 cases in the entire state of Kentucky. Ironically that was also when Rand Paul told us he was tested positive.

interesting

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Pretty ironic...but not really
What are you insinuating

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Texas and Dallas Numbers

Texas
confirmed cases deaths percentage increase in confirmed cases from previous day
2552 ................ 34 ................24.36

Dallas
confirmed cases deaths percentage increase from previous day
488...................10 .............11.16173121

The global trackers are using the Texas Health Department reported numbers and those depend on the labs getting results back.

On the statewide tracker I notice that cases are showing up in all counties and that Dallas and Houston have the largest number of cases (being the largest urban centers) The Dallas-Ft Worth Metroplex has four large areas of outbreak (Dallas, Ft. Worth, Denton - smaller community but two large univsities, and McKinney) which account for over half the cases in Texas. DFW has one of the largest airports in the country, so this isn't a surprise. Houston has a large international airport and several docks for cruise ships.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Please don't.

Emergency responders and physicians really don't need asymptomatic tourists.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Justice309

What are you insinuating

That those videos are pretty meaningless. But it wasn't really an insinuation.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
looks like the medics are changing their tone about wearing masks

Experts now say we SHOULD be wearing medical masks to stop the spread of coronavirus - just weeks after the Surgeon General told people not to buy them due to a massive shortage

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Medical professionals in Asia are now saying that N95 face masks can help curb the spread of coronavirus - despite advice from the US Surgeon General that they shouldn't be bought by the public amid mass shortages for doctors. 'This virus is transmitted by droplets and close contact. Droplets play a very important role — you've got to wear a mask, because when you speak, there are always droplets coming out of your mouth,' George Gao, who works with the Chinese Center for Disease and Prevention, told Science Magazine. 'Many people have asymptomatic or presymptomatic infections. If they are wearing face masks, it can prevent droplets that carry the virus from escaping and infecting others,' Gao said.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

It has been said that wearing of masks by the general public for self protection is not of much benefit. It has also been said that the wearing of masks by those who are infected is a good idea.

Not really a change of message. It has been the message all along.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yes.. Exactly what the world needs.. Conspiracy types poking around hospitals.

edit on 29-3-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

It has been said that wearing of masks by the general public for self protection is not of much benefit. It has also been said that the wearing of masks by those who are infected is a good idea.

It's a good thing then that we have masks for all the asymptomatic people crowding the grocery stores..

Oh.

edit on 3/29/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

That's what the 3 meter thing is about.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No. This Medic is saying everyone should wear masks, not just those who are infected!

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

It's a good thing then that we have masks for all the asymptomatic people crowding the grocery stores..

Oh.

You could always make your own Masks.
Its better than nothing if you think you might have it, or just want to be safe, and protect others.
I wear one my Mom made, to the store, not because it will save me from anything, it won't.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Not sure where you are, but good luck (#sarcasm).

Our local, mostly rural, hospital will not allow visitors unless they are there seeing someone undergoing end of life care. Everyone is screened before entry. And our county only has a handful of known cases.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

This Medic is saying everyone should wear masks, not just those who are infected!
No he isn't. He is pointing out that those who are infected may be asymptomatic.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
From Guardian Live Feed :

- 9.55pm : " Patients in the UK dying now were infected around a month ago, weeks before the country started social distancing, an expert has warned. " Professor James Naismith, director of the Rosalind Franklin Institute at the University of Oxford.

“It can take up to two weeks from infection to onset of symptoms. For over 80% of people these symptoms are mild, for the much smaller number who develop the most serious illness, intensive care is needed around 10 days later.

“For those who do not recover but die, data from China suggests this takes around another four days. The tragic deaths today will be from people infected roughly a month ago. It is inevitable that there will be more tragedies for families ahead.

edit on 29-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added name of Professor

top topics

<< 287  288  289    291  292  293 >>

join