It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 289
<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
SOUTH AFRICA UPDATE (Day 3 of Total Lockdown)

1. Total confirmed cases: 1280 (+93)
2. Total Deaths: 2 (+1)
3. Latest death was 74 year old male who had been in the Kruger Park.
4. 1st case in Khayelitsha, a township in the Western Cape.
5. Banks are now starting to offer debt relief packages.

News24

Country is relatively calm with most cities complying with lockdown, however many township residents not taking it seriously.
Army and police have used rubber bullets in at least one case to disperse a crowd. This will escalate soon.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777
If tests show you have CV19 but you have mild symptoms, does that mean you are no longer shedding?

Nope. You can still pass along the virus to someone more susceptible... and cause their death.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Dr. Fauci said today that the number of infections in the US could be millions and 100-200,000 deaths.

He also said not to hold him to that number.

Still, I believe this guy more than any other, he has been on the ball with this thing.

CNN
edit on 29-3-2020 by MrRCflying because: Fixed link

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Updates for NY another jump in numbers. this morning it was 53455 now we are at 59513:
www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Maker22
The french doctor promoting chloroquine and zpac now habe 1003 cases and only 1 death.

He give chlotoquine as early as case is detected. It work

Doctor website (french)

Also, in canada, they stared a trial for chloroquine to give it to people not sick for a week. This will protect them. Long term.Chloroquine stay in blood for months, protecting them like a vaccine.

Can you link to the EXACT paper, please? As far as I can tell, that information isn't on the website you linked.

It does say just the numbers on that site.

"At the IHU Méditerranée-Infection :
Number of Patients treated (Hydroxychloroquine +/- Azithromycine) : 1003
Number of Deaths with more than 3 days days of Treatment : 1 "

But thats literally the only info given.

There are two pages of Interest there :
From the 27th February, "Chloroquine and Coronavirus : True or Fake News"
It Mostly states that in-vitro test have been successful, and that Clinical Tests are needed to back this data up.
Link

and a second one dated 22nd March :
"Epidemy at Coronavirus COVID-19" Link
(Translated by me)
- They test people on arrival.
- For those that test positive, of which a large number are mildly symptomatic and have Pulmonary lesions detected on a Scanner, to start treatment as soon a the diagnostic is made.
- The treatment is then detailed, adding that an electrocardiogram is done on Day-0 and Day-2, and for those with Severe Pneumonia, a large spectrum anti-biotic is also administered.

They believe that, morally, this treatment should be included in the current clinical trials in the Fight against COVID-19 in France.
----
If I remember correctly, this treatment has been accepted, since publication, and it will be part of the Trials in France.
I usually steer clear of any Medical stuff though, because that is completely out of my domain, and don't want a big discussion about it in this thread (There are other threads for that iirc).
edit on 29-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Like China.... I don't think we'll ever know the true number in the US. So at some point people will start slamming him for those numbers but he's probably right. I know we aren't counting all the dead as it is. Report a few pages back of EMS in NYC saying the number of cardiac arrest calls have gone through the roof. A lot of people who die before getting tested aren't going to be counted. We're obviously doing better than China did but we still aren't getting accurate numbers. I believe Fauci

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Lets hope this isn"t the case ...

WORST OUTCOME

In a worst-case scenario, without serious mitigation efforts, hospital beds in the U.S. could be full by April and 2.2 million Americans could die of the virus – not to mention those who would die of other ailments because they couldn’t get medical care – a study from the Imperial College London concluded, according to The Atlantic.

To avoid this bleak scenario, several things must happen. Firstly, Americans shouldn’t expect life to be back to normal by Easter. Those infected with the virus are often contagious while they’re asymptomatic and the incubation period can last up to two weeks. Since many states only instituted stay-at-home orders just over a week ago, cases should be expected to increase over the next couple of weeks and data from any flattening of the curve won't be visible for weeks yet.

The country also virtually has no way of getting back to any sense of normalcy over the next few weeks unless the slow-rolled testing is massively increased. This week, California Gov. Gavin Newsom said more than 67,000 have been tested in the state, but it’s still not close to enough to get a sense of when the infection rate will slow.
Specifically, the pandemic won’t end until enough of the population is immune to the disease (at least 60 percent, experts say) – either by surviving it and becoming immune, which may or may not happen – or through a yet-to-be-made vaccination.

Fox News

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

That's if we weren't doing what most of us are doing... which is stay home as much as possible. If we open the floodgates again and let everyone go back to work (if it's not out of business already) it would be VERY VERY VERY BAD. We need to stay home and that 2.2M number drops drastically.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
From French Live Feed at 21h15 :

" Slovenia makes it Obligatory to wear Protective Masks and Gloves while outside (They mention Shopping and Public Places, but expect it to be everywhere outside).

From BBC Live Feed :

- 20.24 : Republic of Ireland Has announced that a Dublin Hotel and Conference Centre will be the first of a series of new coronavirus centres for isolation and stepdown care.
Similar facilities are to open in other urban locations, including Cork, Limerick and Galway.

- 20.42 : From Matt Hancock in UK : "PM's Letter is worth reading".
Link to Bor is Johnsons Letter

- 21.06 :South India's Chennai Police get Creative about Coronavirus (Image from AFP) :

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Vermont update: 235 confirmed cases, 12 deaths and 50% of all the cases are in my home county (sorry, I did not provide an update yesterday)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I just talked to a friend who is a lab tech, her hospital is laying people off and there have been no testing done at their tent testing area.

hmmmm, wtf is going on?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Where is this?!

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BPilgrim
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Where is this?!

Central Illinois, plus I just got a video from NY there are no people lined up for testing there either.

And I posted a video here yesterday where people acted like nothing was going on.

I will go find it.
edit on 29-3-2020 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BPilgrim
a reply to: ComebackLogic

Not an endorsement but here's one source that supports RP2's theory.

Dr. Francis Boyle Creator Of BioWeapons Act Says Coronavirus Is Biological Warfare Weapon

In an explosive interview Dr. Francis Boyle, who drafted the Biological Weapons Act has given a detailed statement admitting that the 2019 Wuhan Coronavirus is an offensive Biological Warfare Weapon and that the World Health Organization (WHO) already knows about it.

He's a professor of International Law... a lawyer.

Not a doctor or a medical researcher or virologist.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Starting Monday in Moscow you will need a special pass to leave home and they say it isn't a outbreak there .

Link

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

edit on 29-3-2020 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Starting Monday in Moscow you will need a special pass to leave home and they say it isn't a outbreak there .

Link

From your link, "Moscow has ordered citizens to self-isolate starting Monday, despite the Russian government's claims that the country is not facing a coronavirus epidemic.".

This is correct, more than a 1,000 of the country's ~1,500 cases are in Moscow.
2/3 of the cases are in Moscow, and they have admitted its an Outbreak in Moscow.

Russia is larger in Area than the USA, and for the moment, its not an epidemic anywhere else in the country.
You can't really be a tourist in much of the Country, to be fair.
St Petersburg is probably next in line though, mainly due to tourism and Schools/Universities.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
youtu.be...

About half way through

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Phoenix

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
youtu.be...

About half way through

Thats the Old "Bellevue Hospital - Psychiatric Hospital Building".
From the Wiki :

In April 2010, plans to redevelop the former psychiatric hospital building as a hotel and conference center connected to NYU Langone Medical Center fell through.[14] The aftermath of Hurricane Sandy in October 2012 required evacuation of all patients due to power failure and flooding in the basement generators.[15][16]

To cut a long story short, the guy asks the Military guys whether they can confirm if they are building a makeshift morgue, and he replies they can't comment, at all.
He did say that they were Air Force Personnel, and to direct enquiries to someone at Vandenberg AFB.
edit on 29-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added link

top topics

<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join