It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 287
<< 284  285  286    288  289  290 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BPilgrim
I agree, all of the information is conflicting and confusing at best. Nobody really knows what to believe any more. Watching the numbers of confirmed but hearing the stories of unconfirmed covid-19 deaths of those told to just self isolate.. its frightening to say the least. Watching the numbers rise slowly every day in my local area, its enough to make a person want to pull their hair out not knowing exactly what to believe. Do I believe the numbers any more? Heck no. Nor any of the projected models. The only thing I believe is that it spreads like the flu, and everyone is either going to get it or be asymptomatic. Basically we are going to live through it or die. Live your best life, we only have one. Just do it far away from me.

Lets come back in a few months time and hash out the numbers since it still seems to be too early to tell whats really going on.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Have you seen the video where a journalist goes to a German hospital and there is no one there?
Edit:
Just checked..... it has been removed.

Implying what? All the staff down, or total fabrication? I'm still yet to have any actual confirmation the virus even exists yet outside this place or news. PsyOps are real, I know that.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: primalfractal
'It manifested very differently': Woman with coronavirus couldn't speak or walk

Does this mean another strain?

There are at least 8 strains (USA Today article, kind of information-lite)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Excellent summation of the confusion clearly shown over these update threads. It is difficult not to see this virus as a step somehow connected to the 1999 book by Chinese Colonels Wang Xiangsue and Qiao Liang called "Unrestricted War: China's Master Plan to Destroy America". Hopefully not as this would just be the beginning.

Our society is a house of cards. This virus has shaken the table and the collapse is coming. We will rebuild, but the structure will be different.

Stay safe, healthy and informed.

Sorry, "Unrestricted Warfare: China's Master Plan to Destroy America"
edit on 29-3-2020 by Minerguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
From the Guardian Live Feed :

- 5.03pm : Syria reports its First Death due to Coronavirus. The patient died upon arrival at the Emergency department.

- 5.32pm : "The Finance minister of Germany’s Hesse state, Thomas Schäfer, has killed himself after apparently becoming “deeply worried” about how to deal with the economic impact of coronavirus" Source : The Local

“We are in shock, we are in disbelief and above all we are immensely sad,” state premier Volker Bouffier said in a statement.

edit on 29-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: Formatting and spelling

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

To cure hiccups, tile your head forward. Apply pressure for 30-60 seconds to the Second vertibray below the one that bulges out when you tilt your head forward. I've done this dozens of times and has never failed.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

no one ???

is that the hyperbolic bollox " no one "

the assanine clickbait " no one "

or the genuine " no one " - as in actually no one

??????????????????????

unless evacuated - a hospital will not have " no one "

as you seem to be the only person that has seen this vid - could you surmise its premise ???

including the hospital name or at least city - would be the most important detail

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
From the New York Times:

N.Y.C.’s 911 System Is Overwhelmed. ‘I’m Terrified,’ a Paramedic Says.

Grim scenes from NYC:

In a matter of days, the city’s 911 system has been overwhelmed by calls for medical distress apparently related to the virus. Typically, the system sees about 4,000 Emergency Medical Services calls a day.

On Thursday, dispatchers took more than 7,000 calls — a volume not seen since the Sept. 11 attacks.

The record for amount of calls in a day was broken three times in the last week.

Another paramedic said she responded to so many cardiac arrests in one shift that the battery on her defibrillator died.

Inside ambulances, on rudimentary digital screens, the dispatches are listed — call No. 2,488, sick; call No. 2,555, sick; call No. 2,894, sick with a fever. The screen goes on for rows, a catalog of the city’s ill and dying. Peppered among them are the usual every day calls still demanding attention: injuries, accidents, heart attacks.

Three weeks ago, the paramedics said, most coronavirus calls were for respiratory distress or fever. Now the same types of patients, after having been sent home from the hospital, are experiencing organ failure and cardiac arrest.

“We’re getting them at the point where they’re starting to decompensate,” said the Brooklyn paramedic, who is employed by the Fire Department. “The way that it wreaks havoc in the body is almost flying in the face of everything that we know.”

On March 18, three members of the Fire Department tested positive for the virus. By Friday, 206 members had positive results.

The reason this virus is flying in the face of everything medics and clinicians know is because its a cocktail virus with elements of other viruses merged together for effect. Effecting key aspects of the human anatomy of some of the population, be that the lungs, nervous system, hence organ failure etc. Recovery does not mean you are clear of the virus or its potential long or short term effects. It's a beast of a tool that for some reason does not effect everybody (although it may later, who knows) and one thing appears to be clear and that is nobody knows what this virus really is (accept maybe the Chinese, other), and I continue to suggest its not natural!

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Justice309

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

There is a Detailed interactive Graphic here on the Strains (or Variants) of Ncov :
nextstrain.org...

This is the latest update, dated 27-03-2020 :
nextstrain.org...

a useful quote from your USA Today article :

While the maps are fun, they can also be “little dangerous” said Andersen. The trees showing the evolution of the virus are complex and it’s difficult even for experts to draw conclusions from them.

“Remember, we’re seeing a very small glimpse into the much larger pandemic. We have half a million described cases right now but maybe 1,000 genomes sequenced. So there are a lot of lineages we’re missing,” he said.

Second quote from USA today article :

“The current virus strains are still fundamentally very similar to each other,” he said.

The COVID-19 virus does not mutate very fast. It does so eight to 10 times more slowly than the influenza virus, said Anderson, making its evolution rate similar to other coronaviruses such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS).

It’s also not expected to spontaneously evolve into a form more deadly than it already is to humans. The SARS-CoV-2 is so good at transmitting itself between human hosts, said Andersen, it is under no evolutionary pressure to evolve.

edit on 29-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added second quote

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BPilgrim
a reply to: Observationalist

Your post in the context of those surrounding it is so dam suitable to the entire discussion about Covid-19. From day one of this thread it has been contradiction piled on contradiciton to the point that trying to ascertain the actual truth becomes frustrating and disheartening.

Worst pandemic since the Spanish Flu or no worse than the common cold?

Will kill 20,000 or will kill 500,000?

Chloroquine and zinc are an effective treatment or chloroquine and zinc will kill you?

Italy is our future or Italy is a worst case?

China beat it with draconian measures or China is lying?

Social distancing for weeks or for 18 months?

It's almost like the information is desinged to keep us confused, uncertain, and uneasy so that ultimately we just stop paying attention and by so doing give the ptb a free hand. Or maybe our 'experts' just don't know and the amazing models we use to chart and predict are useless.

It’s a an illusion of a game played by two competing sides. Illusion of choice.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Islands researchers said about a werk ago that they identified small mutations and about 40 different strains. I'm not sure if this is true, but if it si, it means that there is bigger chance for a "mistake" during the replication / mutation and that virus is adapting.

1. Bigger chance of mistake: bigger chance of leaving a "hole" to kill the virus
2. It's adapting to humans and there is bigger chance of it to become less dangerous - it's main goal is to survive and replicate
3. Some strains could be even more dangerous but it also means less chance of infecting others (if it kills someone faster or the symptoms become more dangerous)

In general, faster mutations means good news. It's also bad news for a cure and good thing for a vaccine (if you develop antibodies from a mild strain of this virus)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist
Is it over???
These guys think so. Ferguson was wrong about the 18 months.

Way to early to be calling it over. Were Ferguson's estimates off? Possibly. Looking at the numbers grow each day, we are not at the peak yet.

Only time will tell the real story. This guy is making himself look like a fool though shouting "it's over", while it is still ramping up.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Any sources for this “cocktail virus”, or are you just offering your personal opinion? I’ve heard zero from any medical or scientific source that states this is anything other than a form of Coronavirus, much like SARS or MERS.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WisdomSeeker
a reply to: angelchemuel

To cure hiccups, tile your head forward. Apply pressure for 30-60 seconds to the Second vertibray below the one that bulges out when you tilt your head forward. I've done this dozens of times and has never failed.

Not going to work if you have the other corona symptoms if your hiccuping is instead of the cough is it? Please read up on the causes of hiccups.

Sometimes, although not always, hiccups that persist may indicate the presence of another medical problem. Some illnesses for which continuing hiccups may be a symptom include: pleurisy of the diaphragm, pneumonia,

Hiccups

Bloded part mine.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Numbers update, French Numbers in :

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ComebackLogic

Not an endorsement but here's one source that supports RP2's theory.

Dr. Francis Boyle Creator Of BioWeapons Act Says Coronavirus Is Biological Warfare Weapon

In an explosive interview Dr. Francis Boyle, who drafted the Biological Weapons Act has given a detailed statement admitting that the 2019 Wuhan Coronavirus is an offensive Biological Warfare Weapon and that the World Health Organization (WHO) already knows about it.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Cobo Hall in Detroit to become medical center

www.wsjm.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ComebackLogic
Any sources for this “cocktail virus”, or are you just offering your personal opinion? I’ve heard zero from any medical or scientific source that states this is anything other than a form of Coronavirus, much like SARS or MERS.
Opinion and unqualified observation of information that has filtered through since Thread 1. I hope to hell I am so wrong but I am sure I am not alone in thinking its not natural and there will be many qualified but reluctant to say it is even if they believe so. I'm a retired Programme manager (global projects guy - chartered engineer with IT and Engineering degrees) and when I look at this issue and the information known and unknown from an holistic perspective I get scent that something just doesn't fooking add up! But I could be wrong and it won't be the first time.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ComebackLogic

Just quoting you because you ask for sources, this is from Byrd's USA Today article (which does actually have some good info, Thanks Byrd !!), at the bottom :

While there remain many questions about the trajectory of the COVID-19 disease outbreak, one thing is broadly accepted in the scientific community: The virus was not created in a lab but naturally evolved in an animal host.

SARS-CoV-2’s genomic molecular structure – think the backbone of the virus – is closest to a coronavirus found in bats. Parts of its structure also resemble a virus found in scaly anteaters, according to a paper published earlier this month in the journal Nature Medicine.

Someone manufacturing a virus targeting people would have started with one that attacked humans, wrote National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins in an editorial that accompanied the paper.

Andersen was lead author on the paper. He said it could have been a one-time occurrence.

“It’s possible it was a single event, from a single animal to a single human,” and spread from there.

USA Today Article, Thanks Byrd

top topics

<< 284  285  286    288  289  290 >>

join