It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 276
<< 273  274  275    277  278  279 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Phage
Good photo! Party in power putting money in worker's pockets during this media-induced crisis.

BTW...the Covid-19 hysteria drummed up by the media has caused people to kill themselves. More to come...

So far Covid-19 has infected a number of people roughly equivalent to one third of those who work in the UK’s National Health Service. So far it really isn’t that many.......

........ but it will be. It will be.

You can understand the naysayers and the hopemongers. It’s easy to see where their delusions spring from. Currently we are staring at the very tip of a rank and festering iceberg. We aren’t doomed at all, but it will be a long and messy 6 or so months ahead. And then, of course, all this extra money produced will be hoovered up by the fabulously wealthy and the rest of us will be left to pick up the pieces of our shattered economies, while they order fresh rounds of pizza.

edit on 28-3-2020 by ARM1968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Here's NY's updated numbers, 44745 last night, this morning 46262:

Johns Hopkins University

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: new_here

I said the same thing to my husband. "Look at them standing shoulder to shoulder! Way to model social distancing to the public!"

Not showing a good example for the American or worldwide public. DUMB is DUMB
Maybe there is a vaccine hence subconsciously not distancing because they don't need to.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Update at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa

The 18th Wing has confirmed its first case of COVID-19

I understand we can only post just a little what is on factbook. So I just gave you a one liner. 9 cases of known infections know in Okinawa. They got to seal the island off before it is too late. The small economy can be killed there very easily over night.

www.facebook.com...
edit on 0300000054552020-03-28T04:55:54-05:00555403am4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Yeah, the numbers are shocking. I remember how big a deal it was when Italy hit 250 daily deaths. That was only 2 weeks ago and seemingly every western country is following suit.

The worldwide death total today was 3,270 and it went above 1,000 (daily deaths) just 8 days ago, 2,000 just 3 days ago. The number of deaths in 12 months at this rate is almost unimaginable.

Oh, and the mortality rate of deaths / cases is not going down like it was supposed to. Now it's 4.58%. The US is at 1.63% also just going up despite adding tens of thousands of cases.

The situation is way worse if you compare current number of deaths with the number of confirmed cases about 10 days ago. On average it takes around two weeks after the confirmation to death so deaths we are seeing now in the world are on average those that were confirmed at least 10 days ago. The stats don't show this but you can easily calculate what's to come in the coming weeks and this approach was good for my calculations for the last 4 weeks.

Edit: the death rate in this case is around 8%, so you can expect around 8,5K deaths in total in the US in 10 days (now 1,7K) and around 48,5K worldwide (now 27,6K).

Edit2: looking at the rate the world and the US was adding cases in the last week, the death rate will probably jump even higher (more than 90K cases added just in the US).
edit on 28-3-2020 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Bad news keeps coming.. Can you imagine being confined in a nursing home whether a care giver or a resident knowing COVID-19 has arrived at your facility ?

There are 147 nursing homes across 27 states that have at least one resident with the coronavirus, according to data from U.S. health agencies.
People over 65 years old are at higher risk to serious illness from the coronavirus, according to the CDC.

CMS and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention examined the high rate of COVID-19 fatalities at the Life Care Center nursing home in Kirkland, Washington, the epicenter of the outbreak in the state. At least 35 residents or staff of Life Care have died from the virus, CMS said.

www.cnbc.com...
Infectious disease expert Dr. Ian Lipkin, consultant for 'Contagion' movie, has coronavirus

The infectious disease expert who served as an adviser on the 2011 movie “Contagion” has contracted the coronavirus, and now he’s warning that if it could happen to him, it could happen to anyone.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I am O too, i am rarely ill tho i had flu once 7 years ago and took me 24 hours to get over it ( i had a feeling am going to die but i had so high fever that it didn´t matter, only thing that mattered at the time was being asleep).

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

WATCH:

Hospital refuses to admit #CCPVirus patient as they want to keep “zero new case” record. Upset family starts a fight with staff, on Mar. 23, Not sure which hospital.
Click here for more : t.co... #Coronavirus #CoronavirusOutbreak #CoronavirusPandemic pic.twitter.com/uUGQTEgEgt

— Jennifer Zeng 曾錚 (@jenniferatntd) March 23, 2020

Check out these long lines outside a funeral home in Wuhan.

According to Jennifer Zeng, it was said some families have accepted 3000 yuan ($421) allowance from the government, on the condition that they would bury their loved ones quietly without crying or talking about it.

WATCH:

Long lines outside Hankou Funeral Home in #Wuhan on Mar 26. The big sign says:” Family members of people who died of #COVID2019, please go to the entrance of Jingyuan Building for the ashes. 50 meters away.” It was said that some families have accepted…#CCPVirus #Coronavirus pic.twitter.com/MHcOQ4pjcW

— Jennifer Zeng 曾錚 (@jenniferatntd) March 26, 2020

There are still videos from this week showing people falling down on the ground in China.

www.zerohedge.com...
Hubei Residents Riot After Quarantine Lifted; Police Beaten With Their Own Shield, Cop Cars Overturned

Residents of Hubei province in China teamed up with their local police force to battle the police from neighboring Jiangxi province - who set up a roadblock on the Yangtze River Bridge to prevent the people of Hubei from crossing and returning to work.

Footage of Hubei residents overturning Jingxi police vehicles was captured and uploaded to Chinese social media - where Chinese authorities have reportedly already scrubbed it.

Civilians overturning a police vehicle... pic.twitter.com/VtEFmmgLo1
— Things China Doesn't Want You To Know (@TruthAbtChina) March 27, 2020

More police arriving. pic.twitter.com/QwoCcpORDO
— Things China Doesn't Want You To Know (@TruthAbtChina) March 27, 2020

Protests are definitely becoming violent.

This is happening RIGHT NOW and the videos are being taken down from Chinese social media almost as fast as they are going up!

www.rt.com...

5,720 new cases of Covid-19 have been recorded across Germany, along with 55 new deaths, the federal Robert Koch Institute (RKI), which releases daily monitoring of the disease, announced on Thursday.

The total amount of confirmed cases of coronavirus grew from 36,508 to 42,288 over a single day, according to the RKI. With 55 new deaths, the nation’s death toll is now at 253.

Despite being one of the worst-hit countries in terms of infection levels, Germany has been an outlier when it comes to its fatality rate, which is around half a percent.

edit on 727thk20 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
www.rt.com...

Despite being one of the worst-hit countries in terms of infection levels, Germany has been an outlier when it comes to its fatality rate, which is around half a percent.
Germany's fatality rate is not the outlier, their mass testing is the outlier. We know other countries are under-testing, and Germany is doing more testing.

Mass Testing Explains Germany's Relatively Low Death Rate From Coronavirus: Virologist

Germany's relatively low rate of deaths so far from coronavirus is largely due to the high number of tests being carried out in the country, meaning authorities are simply aware of more cases, including milder ones, a senior virologist said.

edit on 2020328 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
good youtube channel for constant updates
www.youtube.com...

showed an article about the Philippines... I expect that will soon have astronomical numbers.

a good point is made, ''the medical staff are getting infected, then going and testing everyone. They could be spreading it''

edit on 28/3/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I've been getting interested in Okinawa lately. There's a reason for that . Okinawa is NOT taking this stuff seriously.
The economy there is military and fishing and tourism. Tourism is NOT doing to well. And now one GI is infected.
If they can't control it in Okinawa, all hell will break out. They only got one big hospital there that I understand. Of course , they probably lots of clinics and smaller hospitals.
Years ago, I was involved in a motorcycle accident there and was hauled off in ambulance to the military hospital, but not the Japanese one.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I can only report that that is not happening here in southern Virginia.

The traffic is way down. I am on a main road. I have hardly even seen any police.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

My brother is on Long Island. He is a retired city worker but he now has a job in a grocery store. He is in the butcher department. He said LI is a ghost gown.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

So did I.

And a vid has shown up in my YouTube feed too.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is an update you all might be interested in:

91-divoc.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No but I'm getting g a little pissed off by Madison Avenue taking ADvantage of this situation.
I mean when Cadillac has an ad saying we will deliver your new car to you I'm like WTF!!!
Are people really considering a new car right now?
In these tough times... Get used to hearing it. They're gonna use it to sell you everything.
In These Tough Times...

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I'm a type O as is most of my family.
I've never had the flu. My kids never had it.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Not in school but in my work life I had perfect attendance. In school I played sick to stay home.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Update March 28, 2020 Saturday evening

I don't mean to frighten you people with this update, but this is reality when people are not being tested before entering the food service business and it doesn't matter where you are. Please try to stay away from even the take out lanes at the fast food.

57 people infected at welfare facilities for persons with disabilities Chiba Higashisho-cho (This is near Tokyo )

a woman in her 40s living in Katori City, who works as a cook at this facility, was infected with the new coronavirus

Governor Morita held a press conference on the night of the 28th, showing that a total of 57 people, including 26 of the staff of the Hokuso Fostering Center for the Disabled and Welfare Facilities for the Disabled in Higashisho Town, were infected with 57 new coronaviruses.
Since there are some residents who have not been tested yet.

As a result, 362 people have been infected in Tokyo.
edit on 0300000052032020-03-28T08:03:52-05:00035203am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

He's in his seventies.

top topics

<< 273  274  275    277  278  279 >>

join