It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 270
<< 267  268  269    271  272  273 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Ah, OK. Makes sense, I was thinking "Rough Sleepers" was some reference to apnea or something.

They converted the two ice arenas here in Anchorage to homeless shelters last week, but I think the main obstacle they're facing here presently is that the homeless largely don't want to be inside, especially with our temps warming up.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: pasiphae
My good friend in Houston was tested last week. They told her it would be 3-4 days. On the 4th day she called since she hadn't heard anything and they said "Oh we meant 3-4 business days" so got a text today saying her results were still not in. It's been a week. She now has to wait until Monday.... we'll see if she gets the results then. She's had all the standard symptoms and over 2 weeks later she still has trouble with exhaustion.

We need more labs processing these tests.

My friend just got tested, she has to wait 9 days to get results, now self quarantined with husband and child.

Why bother testing if it takes that long to get results? Either you will be on the mend, or dead by that time.

What happened to the 45 minute test they were rolling out?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

It's a beautiful test. A perfect test.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Now that was funny right there... LOL

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The father of my grandson was just tested down in huntsville, Alabama yesterday. Apparently, at one of those specific Covid testing sites. He had been notified of the results in 3 hours time. Thankfully, he was negative. Allergies and anxiety apparently mimicked the symptoms enough as him being essential driver that he didn't seem to have any trouble getting the test done.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: pasiphae
My good friend in Houston was tested last week. They told her it would be 3-4 days. On the 4th day she called since she hadn't heard anything and they said "Oh we meant 3-4 business days" so got a text today saying her results were still not in. It's been a week. She now has to wait until Monday.... we'll see if she gets the results then. She's had all the standard symptoms and over 2 weeks later she still has trouble with exhaustion.

We need more labs processing these tests.

My friend just got tested, she has to wait 9 days to get results, now self quarantined with husband and child.

That's just too long. I'm glad my friend is going to make it through (although I'm concerned she will take longer to recover) and I hope yours makes it through unscathed too but the US should have been more prepared.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Where are those people who last week were listing the various causes of deaths per day and the mortality rates of various diseases?

I want a word with them, cause nearly 1000 people have died in a single day in italy of that 'just the flu' disease.

This is frustrating. Here in the UK few are taking the lockdown seriously. I'm a key worker, I make sure the food gets to your stores. Not as important as NHS and emergency services but I'm on the second row. The number of people out and about today was unbelievable. They have no idea this time next week possibly a thousand people a day will be dieing.
edit on 2732020 by MuldersMate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

The father of my grandson was just tested down in huntsville, Alabama yesterday. Apparently, at one of those specific Covid testing sites. He had been notified of the results in 3 hours time. Thankfully, he was negative. Allergies and anxiety apparently mimicked the symptoms enough as him being essential driver that he didn't seem to have any trouble getting the test done.

It is good to hear a quick result like that. Sounds like maybe some areas are getting the fast tests, and others not. Hopefully they will roll them out fast so there is not this days and days wait we see.

Glad to hear he came back negative too.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

It is good to hear a quick result like that. Sounds like maybe some areas are getting the fast tests, and others not. Hopefully they will roll them out fast so there is not this days and days wait we see.

Begs the question why such a huge time difference in getting results, some are waiting a week or 2 some wait hours, are they using different test kits..
edit on 27-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MuldersMate

The common aH3N2 tends to cause high mortality in Italy due to their disproportionate number of elderly. Separating the comorbid from the common flu from the COVID-19 strain would be tough in a place like Italy, especially right now.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
US just broke 100k.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Seems someone found the key to the liquor cabinet!!

4 O'clock here in Michigan and 3 beers into a long nights sleep

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Why are people calling in asking for permission to go to their own property anyway?

Thats what got me the most...

Who, indeed... sheeples...

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Begs the question why such a huge time difference in getting results, some are waiting a week or 2 some wait hours, are they using different test kits..

I believe the difference is in local private labs testing vs tests being sent to state run labs. Obviously, anything government run has multiple channels of documentation and handling from delivery, techs, administrative. Private doesn't have to do everything in triplicate and they keep in local so less ratio to deal with.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: MuldersMate

The common aH3N2 tends to cause high mortality in Italy due to their disproportionate number of elderly. Separating the comorbid from the common flu from the COVID-19 strain would be tough in a place like Italy, especially right now.

Also, something I've pointed out numerous times but doesn't seem to get attention...

Someone can test positive for COVID-19 - and still have others like H1N1 or aH3N2, or any one of the influenza's, etc... or any combination thereof.

Just because they have the SARS-Cov-2 virus, doesn't mean that is all they have,m or that is what killed them if they die.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Sure and the UK having the highest European obesity should balance the uk vs Italy in severity. Besides you fail to acknowledge their average 80yo is far healthier than one in the UK.

But hey let's cancel the lockdown and crack on cause you think they're mixing causes of death up with the flu.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Those figures from america are frightening! www.worldometers.info...

15,000 new cases in 24hrs.......The plan isnt working guys!

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

top topics

<< 267  268  269    271  272  273 >>

join