It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 268
<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Five cases in my city today. Yesterday it was zero.
Hampton Va. 5 cases 0 dead
Newport News and Norfolk are two big cities that are direct neighbors.
NN has 12 cases and 1 dead.
Norfolk has 8 and 0 dead.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I just came across this image online and backtraced it to the source. At first I thought it was a hoax intended to cause panic and anxiety. Sadly it is not.

Yes, I heard about this a few days ago...

Many don't know or understand that our current modern medical system is based on exactly what this announcement is referring to - it is called war-time medical triage procedures.

I too hope it doesn't come to this - and it won't, if they will simply use the treatments that have been used in China, SK (and maybe others - Germany?) for a while now, and finally, now, in NY. These treatments are apparently working, and working very well - well enough that they can quickly treat someone who is on their way to deaths door and one of the ICU beds, to the point they can be sent home for the remainder of the treatment.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
ITALY:

46 doctors have died to date (with 4 additional deaths today). 6414 health workers have tested positive

Christ. Anybody on the front lines has my undying support.

Not just health workers. Cashiers in groceries. Truck drivers doing their best to keep the supply chain moving.

This is nuts!

www.repubblica.it...

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
From BBC Live Feed :

- 9.08am : Vietnam bans large Public Gatherings.

- 9.58am : Supermarkets to get Govt list of Vulnerable People, to Prioritise Delivery slots.

- 10.40 : Some 1.2 million residents have left Paris region in the Past Week.

- 11.04 : More info on the 16 year old, Julie A., who died in Paris region this week :
Her sister Manon says :

"Julie just had a light cough last week and it got worse with mucus at the weekend. On Monday they went to see the doctor and that's when she was diagnosed with respiratory distress. She's had no particular illnesses before,"

- 11.11am : FireFighters in UK to Drive Ambulances, Deliver Medecines, and transport Bodies during "Humanitarian Crisis" of Coronavirus Outbreak.

- 11.40am : 'House all rough sleepers by the Weekend" English Councils told.

- 14.39pm : 1.5 Million expired N95 Masks in USA DHS warehouse, intended for TSA Officials in Airports across US, while a nurse in NYC says she has been given one mask to wear for the entire week.

- 15h17 : Indian man, 70, who died of COVID-19 last week, has caused the quarantine of 40,000 people. he ignored advice to self-quarantine, and went to an event to celebrate the Holy festival of Hola Mohalla, and attended by up to 10,000 people a day.
After his death, 19 of his relatives tested positive for the virus, and authorities have now 'sealed' 20 villages near where the man stayed.

- 16h40 : How British Military will help build NHS Hospitals (from 'Internal Doc' seen by BBC News):

Phase 1 is the Nightingale Hospital at the Excel Centre in London’s Docklands. The document states it will have capacity of between 4,000 and 5,000 beds and will open in the last week of March

Phase 2 is a temporary hospital for England and Wales at the NEC centre in Birmingham. The document says it will have capacity for 5,000 beds and will open in mid-April

Phase 3 is the Convention Complex - formally GMEX - in Manchester. The document states it will have 1,000 beds and open in mid-April

- 17h22 : Rammstein singer Till Lindemann, 57, is in intensive care, after being diagnosed with COVID-19. He was in a critical condition after returning from a Moscow show, to Germany, and running an extremely high fever.
He is now in recovery.

- 17h25 : Prof Chris Whittey also showing symptoms of Coronavirus, has self-isolated.

- 17h57 : London Gatwick to close North terminal for a month, or more, following dramatic fall in traffic.
Also, the Airstrip would only be used between 14.00 and 22.00 GMT.
(I'd keep an eye out and see if any other traffic uses the airport outside of those times, like Mil Transport).

18h00 : Gove's Briefing :
- UK Infections doubling every 3-4 Days
- Alliance of Business's, Research Institutes and Universities to help increase testing of front-line Workers.
- PM's positive test a reminder we are 'all at risk'.
- Currently 6,200 patients with COVID in Hospital, 33,000 extra Beds to be created.
- Confirmation that two new 'Nightingale Hospitals' to be created at Biminghams NEC and Manchesters Conference Centre.
- As NHS pauses Cancer treatment, NHS Chief says there is 'option' of using private Hospitals to treat Cancer patients 'away from busy facilities handling Coronavirus patients'.

- 18h34 : Breaking : USA's Congress passes the $2 Trillion Bailout Bill.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Come on guys!!!!
PLEASE READ THIS!
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES ONLY!!!

...not chit chat, SOAP BOX speeches, recipes, political trolling,class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I just came across this image online and backtraced it to the source. At first I thought it was a hoax intended to cause panic and anxiety. Sadly it is not.

Yes, I heard about this a few days ago...

Many don't know or understand that our current modern medical system is based on exactly what this announcement is referring to - it is called war-time medical triage procedures.

I too hope it doesn't come to this - and it won't, if they will simply use the treatments that have been used in China, SK (and maybe others - Germany?) for a while now, and finally, now, in NY. These treatments are apparently working, and working very well - well enough that they can quickly treat someone who is on their way to deaths door and one of the ICU beds, to the point they can be sent home for the remainder of the treatment.

Just curious how you went from “ it’s not a big deal”, to the cheerleader for the experimental treatments being used .
Sounds like a small part of you does believe it’s sorta a big deal .

Trust me , we all hope the experimental treatments being used greatly increase recovery times and saves many lives !

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I keep seeing that three page letter posted but don't recall anyone addressing why the stated group he's treated is an enclave of roughly 5,000 with an average age of 15.

Seems like that could be a relevant thing to be curious about and that might effect outcomes.

Are you talking about Dr. Zelenko? I ask, because his letter is two pages, not 3, and your references to an enclave and the numbers don't match with anything in his letter...... so maybe you're talking about something else...

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
ITALY:

46 doctors have died to date (with 4 additional deaths today). 6414 health workers have tested positive

Christ. Anybody on the front lines has my undying support.

Not just health workers. Cashiers in groceries. Truck drivers doing their best to keep the supply chain moving.

This is nuts!

www.repubblica.it...

Doctors , nurses, and anyone who works in the medical industry will forever be put on the same pedestal that is reserved for law enforcement and fire fighters.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear
Out if curiosity...can you provide links...so far using your info and going to page...has put me in a circle jerk.

I'm interested...would like sourcing please.

Ok, but you could have easily found it from the original links the linked thread...

But here is one to get you started. And here is a link discussing his letter.

And here is a link to an NIH study showing the antiviral efficacy of Zinc 'salts' (one of which is the form used by Dr. Zelenko - Zinc sulfate).

But, googling 'Dr. Vladimir Zelenko's letter' brings a ton of results...

And yes, there are lots of calls from 'officials' to silence him, but hopefully, this cat is out of the bag.

We could be witnessing the beginning of the end of the Medical Mafia that has ruled this country for decades - hell, almost a century.
edit on 27-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
In case you did not have enough to worry about, the flu is now at epidemic proportions. Many are hospitalized with flu right now.

''Based on National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) mortality surveillance data available on March 26, 2020, 7.4% of the deaths occurring during the week ending March 7, 2020 (week 11) were due to P&I. This percentage isabove the epidemic thresholdof 7.3% for week 11.''

''The overall cumulative hospitalization rate was 67.3 per 100,000 population, which is higher than all recent seasons at this time of year except for the 2017-18 season. Rates in children 0-4 years old and adults 18-49 years old are now the highest CDC has on recordfor these age groups, surpassing the rate reported during the 2009 H1N1 pandemic. Hospitalization rates for school-aged children are higher than any recent regular season but lower than rates during the pandemic.'''

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Another South Carolina update

Yesterday in a press conference with Governor McMaster the SCDHEC Dr. (I think it's Dr. Ball? ) said we have 1600 tests backlogged due to lack of reagent, so keep that in mind folks when looking at SC numbers. They're way off.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
From Guardian Live Feed :

- 5.30pm : Four Dead on Cruise Ship Zaandam off coast of Panama, amid COVID-19 outbreak onboard.

Currently, 53 guests (4%) and 85 crew (14%) have reported to Zaandam’s medical center with influenza-like illness symptoms. There are 1,243 guests and 586 crew on board...

“Holland America Line can confirm that four older guests have passed away on Zaandam."

All 1,243 guests have been asked to self isolated while a boat-to-boat operation to move healthy passengers to a sister ship the 'Rotterdam' takes place off the coast of Panama. Guests over the age of 70 are being given priority, the company confirmed.

From French Live Feed :

- 16h30 : French SNCF calls on its 'Reserve Force' personnel who are 'not indispensable' to join the National Guard, to help the Armed Forces against the COVID-19 Pandemic. (SNCF is a Nationally owned company)

- 17h20 : Gymnasium in Brittany requisitionned by Doctors, so as to not infect Medical Cabinets.

- 18h20 : "Floating Hospital" arrives in Los Angeles with capacity for 1000 Beds.

- 18h30 : "Man in Florida leaves $10,000 tip to Local Restaurant (Skillets)".

- 18h42 : Trump calls on GM and Ford to reopen plants and get making Ventilators
twitter.com...
edit on 27-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear
Edit: And zinc toxicity is a huge proplem... you purport.

Maybe, and maybe not so much...

I'm not saying you should take a whole bottle of Zinc supplements.

In the midst of a world pandemic, hope can kill more than ilness.

Yes, but not nearly as much as deliberate ignorance about something that is already showing real world efficacy and safety.

I am not saying anyone should self-medicate, but Zinc supplements can be bought over the counter everywhere. And you can overdose and die from too many aspirins.

Most people, given enough good information, are not stupid.

Well, and then you have idiots who kill themselves with fish aquarium cleaning chemicals because they thought they heard someone say something they didn't.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The US stimulus passed the house.

Now maybe we can get back to dealing with the virus, instead of worrying about the economy.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
China was lying their ass off about case count and death count.
orrrrrr
They really didn't know because it was newer/hit there first.

a reply to: UFO1414

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I was referring to that. I was posting from a mobile device and apparently typo'd twice. The number of pages, which was 2 and not the 3 I posted, and the community side which I listed as 5,000 when it should have been 35,000.

I didn't typo the average age of 15.

Hopefully my errors didn't confuse or mislead anyone. They were unintentional. I do think the general point I was seeking to make remains unchanged.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
From French Live Feed at 18h47 :

"As of Thursday evening, 1,297 of 1,500 ER beds in Ile-de-France (Paris Region) were occupied. We could hit saturation this weekend".
edit on 27-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: Added location - D'oH !!

edit :

18h57 : Spanish Govt not allowing Companies to Fire Workers during Coronavirus Pandemic.
According to Syndicates, about one Million workers are temporarily unemployed.
edit on 27-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added edit

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
a reply to: Hefficide

IMO that is just shameful. I'm probably in the minority thinking that.

And according to the Dr. in charge of Trump's pandemic team, that is not even warranted under any scenario.

Except one... too many patients, too little resources. When you hit that red line, something has to give. Crying about it, screaming on the phone at some federal beurorat won't help... if you have 5 ventilators, and 15 people who need them or they will start dying - what do you do?

I would not want to have to be in that position.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

I was referring to that. I was posting from a mobile device and apparently typo'd twice. The number of pages, which was 2 and not the 3 I posted, and the community side which I listed as 5,000 when it should have been 35,000.

I didn't typo the average age of 15.

Hopefully my errors didn't confuse or mislead anyone. They were unintentional. I do think the general point I was seeking to make remains unchanged.

No worries...

And I didn't see anything suggesting that the average of the ones he was treating was 15, just the average age of those in the community. That is odd though, as an average.

He did also say that 1,500 fall into the high risk category, but didn't provide - at least that I can find - any real stats on the ones he was actually treating - and that would, indeed, be important information to have to properly evaluate this.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I've enjoyed following this thread since mid to late Jan, and now that the MSM is covering everything all with political bias, I really have a hard time wanting to follow any of this anymore. I know who is likely to get the Dem nomination and I know that we are doomed, unless we never leave our house.

So basically, what more is there to know?

I can't the political bickering and I rarely watch the news, but have been following things because of impeachment, dems choosing someone and the virus unfolding.

Now maybe I can get back to my regular life and get something done and be productive. lol.

top topics

<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join