It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 269
<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FellowHuman
Some information regarding the binding receptor that the virus uses. We have heard that it uses ACE2 receptor, but it looks like it may use the CD147 (basigin,BSG) receptor mainly. A lot of big scientific words that i dont fully understand, others with more scientific background may get more use, but I think it's promising information. Gives some explanations for why we are also seeing some neurological symptoms.

Reading up more on this, it seems like co-infections from bacteria is also one of the main issues with Covid-19, leading to many of it's deaths.

sanchakblog.wordpress.com... -study-stated/

Co-infections are a problem with any disease... hence flu often turns into pneumonia which can turn into sepsis and by that time it's generally fatal.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
[snipped]

USA Update:

Numbers still climbing - approaching 95,000 (will soon cross the 100,000 mark), CFR still hovering at 1.5%. NY is by far the hardest hit with almost a full half of all cases in the country (44,635), followed by NJ (8,825), CA (4,202), WA (3,207) and FLA (2,900)...

to the cheerleader for the experimental treatments being used.

You are simply confused. You think that I cannot rationally acknowledge that crap happens - meaning, when something like this occurs, people are going to die - and also believe that shutting down the worlds economy isn't a viable solution.

Sounds like a small part of you does believe it’s sorta a big deal.

It is a big deal, for those who are at risk and/or get hit hard by it. I've never said or even suggested otherwise, so please, do me a favor and stop falsely accusing me, ok?

Now, what I have said, and still maintain, is that it isn't a big deal for the vast majority who get it and have no symptoms, or only minor cold/flu like symptoms. This triggers some people, I guess, and that is all they can see or hear.

It would be a big deal if my parents got it - both are in the high risk category, but they are also smart, and have been self-quarantining for a while now.

Trust me , we all hope the experimental treatments being used greatly increase recovery times and saves many lives !

I have always - always been in favor of experimental treatments. I got temp banned for discussing them improperly and prematurely in this very thread (high dose IV Vitamin C, which is now being used in a NY hospital with great success).

The fact is, many here have made it clear they are dead set against even trying these things, because some guy heard something that no one said and decided, on his own initiative, to take some fish aquarium cleaning chemicals and died from it.
edit on Fri Mar 27 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Five cases in my city today. Yesterday it was zero.
Hampton Va. 5 cases 0 dead
Newport News and Norfolk are two big cities that are direct neighbors.
NN has 12 cases and 1 dead.
Norfolk has 8 and 0 dead.

Remember that these are "tested and confirmed cases" and that it can take up to 4 days to get the results. The actual number of cases is much, much higher. Stay safe, eh?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
3809 new cases and 299 new deaths in France

www.reuters.com...

www.worldometers.info...

Grim day indeed.
edit on 27-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UFO1414

Cheers, hadn't noticed the update yet

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

Will do the US States in 4hrs approx, just before midnight here.
edit on 27-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: removed smiley, not appropriate.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but if I own a piece of property you damned well better believe I have a right to go there. I can understand prohibited from renting a cabin or something, but if you OWN that property?

Fannin County is one of many that made an emergency declaration this week amid the coronavirus pandemic.

County sheriff’s officials are now clarifying that this means people from Atlanta with cabins in the area cannot go to their cabins at this time. The Fannin Sheriff’s Administration posted this on Facebook Thursday:

“I have received multiple inquiries wanting to know if people from Atlanta can come to their cabins. The answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Atlanta is under a “Shelter in Place” order. Our ordinance specifically prohibits this.”

North Georgia officials: You are not allowed to come to mountains this weekend

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Just to give you an idea from JHU data that is confirmed (albeit at 20:00 hours last night EST) this is how Virginia, and your surrounding area looked last night

Full Size

and graph of all VA.

Full Size

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
My good friend in Houston was tested last week. They told her it would be 3-4 days. On the 4th day she called since she hadn't heard anything and they said "Oh we meant 3-4 business days" so got a text today saying her results were still not in. It's been a week. She now has to wait until Monday.... we'll see if she gets the results then. She's had all the standard symptoms and over 2 weeks later she still has trouble with exhaustion.

We need more labs processing these tests.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Also the luxury of "business days" should, at the moment, be a thing of the past. A virus doesn't wait for opening/closing schedules.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
I'm sorry, but if I own a piece of property you damned well better believe I have a right to go there. I can understand prohibited from renting a cabin or something, but if you OWN that property?

Fannin County is one of many that made an emergency declaration this week amid the coronavirus pandemic.

County sheriff’s officials are now clarifying that this means people from Atlanta with cabins in the area cannot go to their cabins at this time. The Fannin Sheriff’s Administration posted this on Facebook Thursday:

“I have received multiple inquiries wanting to know if people from Atlanta can come to their cabins. The answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Atlanta is under a “Shelter in Place” order. Our ordinance specifically prohibits this.”

Now that right there ticks me off.

I am all for the "shelter in place", "lockdown" or whatever you want to call it, and the social distancing. I started voluntary lock in before things were put in place.

However, if you are not going to be interacting with others, getting out of Dodge is a good thing. Less chance you would get it while sheltering in a cabin in the woods, than in an apartment.

If you own it, I don't see how they could stop you. The sheriff needs to rethink his response.

Why are people calling in asking for permission to go to their own property anyway?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I really think the only reason they say that is because they know it's a week wait and they don't want to actually have to say that. I know they are all working on the weekends.... it's just a psychological tactic. And unfortunately it's an even longer wait than that because the labs are overwhelmed. All the tests in Houston (and probably all of TX) get sent to a lab in NC. Houston should have it's own lab! Why don't they? I doubt it's Houstons fault.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
'House all rough sleepers by the Weekend" English Councils told.

Can someone translate that from English to American, please?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

House the homeless.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Homeless? Maybe?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Basically, put a roof over all the homeless by the weekend.
Well, isn't it amazing how many firsts we're seeing.... clearly these things just weren't possible before.

Or, clear the streets, not even homeless are allowed to be homeless at this point.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Hmmm...

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
My good friend in Houston was tested last week. They told her it would be 3-4 days. On the 4th day she called since she hadn't heard anything and they said "Oh we meant 3-4 business days" so got a text today saying her results were still not in. It's been a week. She now has to wait until Monday.... we'll see if she gets the results then. She's had all the standard symptoms and over 2 weeks later she still has trouble with exhaustion.

We need more labs processing these tests.

My friend just got tested, she has to wait 9 days to get results, now self quarantined with husband and child.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Anyone seen the report in the daily mail about the shop owner who was fined by the police for chalking lines outside her shop to keep customers 6 feet apart??

Terrible policeman. How does he think its right to fine her for doing what is right in these circumstances??

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

So, does that mean if your paying property taxes on that land, you don't have to pay those taxes until the sheriff gives the all clear?

top topics

<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join