It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 265
<< 262  263  264    266  267  268 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
That is worryng about cats-they generally cover a far bigger area than dogs and interact with other cats,then return to their homes for food.
In place like China they have more feral dogs,which they saw as a problem-but all cats are sort of feral by nature.
If they can give the virus to their human owners,they could be a serious disease vector.

Keep them inside!

Wtf 😐

Has anyone got a source for this pls? I did search and didn't see anything.
Thanks

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been reported.

Boris Johnson has tested positive.

www.foxnews.com... irus

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Another 6,273 new cases in Spain and 493 deaths. Lockdown isn't working in Spain or Italy or in NYC, we'll see if it works in the UK.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Another 6,273 new cases in Spain and 493 deaths. Lockdown isn't working in Spain or Italy or in NYC, we'll see if it works in the UK.

You have to remember that we are up to 2 weeks behind because of the incubation period. Many of the new cases we see, were infections that took place before the lockdowns went into place. They are just now becoming symptomatic.

It will probably be another 2 weeks before we know how well the lockdowns and social distancing are working.

I went out for a drive yesterday to look around. To be honest, I am not hopeful. There seemed to be a lot of people running around, doing daily things, no masks, no gloves, interacting with each other. No one seems to be taking it seriously.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

The Chancellor, Rishi Sunak, has not shown symptoms of the virus and has therefore not been tested

twitter.com...

I find this odd and worrying, so much for contact tracing! And the rubbish about testing more and more.
Surely it makes sense that he would be tested, along with the whole cabinet.
Explains why he wasn't at the press conference yesterday.

It will be interesting to see how long he stays away from public meetings/press conferences and what happens now. Boris said he will 'continue to lead' but what if a significant part of the government have it?

a reply to: MrRCflying

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think the lockdown hasn't been for long enough yet.
The virus has been known to incubate for many weeks and then you develop symptoms and then can become critical. This is over time and not just a 2 day thing. Therefore you would need a good month to really see the effect, IMO.
Lockdown won't have any effect instantly or even after a couple of weeks - as there are still so many incubating. Those people then will ride the storm of the virus but won't pass it on if they are isolated and only then would you see numbers fall. Italy should start to see decreases the week coming I would say.

a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

We're not technically in lockdown, yet, people still going to work, shops, walks on the beaches and so on

I think we are slowly being drip fed and prepared, a few celebrities get it, it's in the MSM so we are all aware. Boris gets it, we're all aware. Contagion on the TV last night....slowly being drip fed......until and for what ?!?!?!?!?
edit on 27-3-2020 by Parksy1981 because: Extra thought

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Absolutely agree with you.

Contagion being on TV last night. What a great film to air during a partial lockdown due to a pandemic.

Then our supreme leader Boris Johnson gets it. Something definitely on the horizon.

a reply to: Parksy1981

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Health Secretary Matt Hancock has now tested positive for the virus. The whole cabinet is going to come down with it as this rate...

Sky news

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
He wasn’t aboard the Diamond Princess -
“The Commissioner said Mr Daniels, who had recently travelled aboard the Celebrity Solstice cruise ship, was fit and healthy before he collapsed.”
a reply to: Agit8dChop

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Actually it is working seeing how Italys growth rate slowed down. We are seeing at least a week behind, so you have to consider it when looking at stats. At least a week for infected (probably about 10 days, since people go to the doctor when they are really sick) and at least 2 weeks for the death stats.
edit on 27-3-2020 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: skanman

A pandemic maybe?

What's on the horizon is a declining global economy for the next 3-5 years as we go through 5 "seasons" of this infection, tending towards total population wide infection.

Whether natural or man made, it doesn't matter any more. Any elites or TPTB is also part of this tragedy, even if they did cause it (conspiracy).

This is real and will fundamentally change the way we interact for the foreseeable future (measured in years). Think globally, a tendency towards family groupings as the maximum gathering size (maybe 5 or 6), except under special circumstances, for years to come.

We are facing two catastrophic events simultaneously, both a global pandemic and global depression at the same time, unprecedented in human history.

There are only two ways out of this:
1. A cure, not a vaccine (there are some really interesting innovations in this space at the moment, so may be possible).
2. Universal living wage for everyone in the world (will never happen), but it is the only way to convert locked up wealth into work and resource for the foreseeable future, before the "value" of the wealth disappears, and becomes useless.

We must turn cash into asset (work or trade) as fast as possible over the next year (completely removing wage uncertainty is the only way to stimulate the interactions we need to figure out how to live in a pandemic world) to have any chance of saving any semblance of the 2019 society.

Otherwise, if we don't figure out how to work together, there is a third option... we fight tooth and nail to maintain a now non-existant global system (what our stupid governments are currently doing), until we decline towards a war of resources... prolonged regional and global conflicts that will reduce us back to a early 1900's level of population and technology capability (maybe with some computing capability still)?

That's what's on the horizon.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Long time lurker, I don't think I ever posted! But this post has me worried. I was exposed to someone who has tested positive.

Does that mean asymptomatic people of all ages still get lung damage despite them being non-symptomatic? I have been trying to find answers on this exact issue.

If you catch the virus and show zero symptoms, can your lungs be deteriorating on the inside?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
We just had our first confirmed case in a cat.

Several days after its owner tested positive, the animal started getting sick with coughing, vomiting and diarrhea. The vet sent the animals feces for testing and they found the virus.

so far it's the only case of a pet infection over here.... I wonder if they systemically have been testing our cats and dogs? They might as well be spreaders without getting sick.
Experts say that in all 3 known cases around the world, it was a human that infected the animal and not the other way around.

“The veterinary medicine faculty in Liège reported that a coronavirus infection has been determined in a cat. The cat lived with her owner, who started showing symptoms of the virus a week before the cat did,” said professor Steven Van Gucht.

The animal lived in close contact with its owner, and started showing symptoms a week after the woman did. “The cat had diarrhoea, kept vomiting and had breathing difficulties. The researchers found the virus in the cat’s faeces,” he added. They did not say whether the cat was still alive.

Worldwide, it has been highly exceptional for the virus to pass from human to animal. So far, only three cases where the pet has been infected by humans are known across the world. It concerns two dogs in Hong Kong, and now a cat in Belgium. Both dogs did not show any signs of disease, but the cat has respiratory and digestive disorders, according to the Federal Food Agency.

The Agency has drawn up a number of guidelines aimed primarily at protecting domestic animals. Veterinarians are asked to be more vigilant, and coronavirus patients are advised to take the necessary hygienic measures when touching their pet, to prevent the pet from becoming a carrier of the virus.

So far, there is no evidence that the virus can be transmitted from pets to humans.

“We want to stress that this is an isolated case. Additionally, in this case, we are talking about a human-to-animal transmission, not the other way around,” said Van Gucht. “There are no indications that this is common. The risk of animal-to-human transmission is very small,” he added.

“Animals are not vectors of the epidemic, so there is no reason to abandon your animal,” the National Council for Animal Protection (CNPA) reacted in the aftermath. However, it advises sick people to “respect the usual rules of hygiene,” to wash their hands before and after stroking their pet, and to “not rub their nose against their pets.”

Maïthé Chini
The Brussels Times

www.brusselstimes.com...
edit on 3/27/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

It's not a bad idea to keep your pet indoors if possible. They can brush up against a surface and carry viral particulates on their fur.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: zabarjad

Long time lurker, I don't think I ever posted! But this post has me worried. I was exposed to someone who has tested positive.

Does that mean asymptomatic people of all ages still get lung damage despite them being non-symptomatic? I have been trying to find answers on this exact issue.

If you catch the virus and show zero symptoms, can your lungs be deteriorating on the inside?

Only if the protein receptor of the virus bonds to lung tissue. I am no medical expert, but I am sure you would start showing symptoms of lung distress if that were the case..

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

No, absolutely not.

He was 70. He had no known underlying conditions.

The reality is, most people that age have underlying health problems, some serious enough to cause them to drop dead (heart attack/stroke) any minute. Only an honest and legitimate autopsy would show what happened with this man.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

There is no exact answer to this issue, outside of mass CT testing of asymptomatic confirmed cases, which is currently impractical to say the least. If you’re not unwell in any way, there’s nothing to say you’ve contracted the virus, much less are suffering undetected lung damage as a result. Follow the advice given, self isolate for a period to see if you develop symptoms and then treat it as you would any other virus. Seek medical attention only in the event that you feel you cannot manage your condition at home.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere
There are only two ways out of this:
1. A cure, not a vaccine (there are some really interesting innovations in this space at the moment, so may be possible).

Ok, I have an update on this... I don't know how I missed it when this was first announced, but from the Very Good News thread that is discussing the study going on in Monroe NY by Dr Zelenko, as you can plainly see in his letter, he specifically states:

"The rationale for my treatment plan is as follows. I combined the data available fro China and South Korea with the recent study published from France. We know that hydroxychloraquine helps Zinc enter the cell. We know that Zinc slows viral replication within the cell. Regarding the use of azithromycin, I postulate that it probably prevents secondary bacterial infections, but I am not sure. These three drugs are well known and usually well tolerated, hence the risk to the patient is low."

Text in his letter below, bottom of page 1 and top of page 2:

It is extremely important that anyone discussing this bring up this point - hammer it - until the talking heads discussing (hydroxy)chloraquine make this point very clear.

It is apparently not the hydroxychloraquine that is producing the great results, it is the Zinc. The (hydroxy)chloraquine is only a facilitator, and the z-pack (azithromycin) is only to maybe help prevent secondary bacterial infections.

This is so typical of 'modern medicine' - do anything and everything to minimize/obfuscate/obliterate any mention of any natural (non-patentable so no money in it) substance to protect their Medical Mafia cash cow. It is just infuriating.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
One thing that really annoys me about the reporting and conversations on all of this, is the way the governments, the media, and even us personally, keep comparing countries as if it is some type of horse race... as if there is a comparable difference.

As if one country is doing better than another country.

Guess what?

Unless the country is 100% isolated, we are all exactly the same... maybe just a few weeks either way depending on the severity of the measures being taken... that's exponentials for you. There are only 2 countries, that I can see, that are not part of the global population anymore (100% isolated); North Korea and maybe Bahrain.

Rather than looking forward as what numbers will look like tomorrow or next week, the better way to is work backwards from global population (minus N. Korea and Bahrain), find an averaged inflection point from a set of exponential's fitting with our current infection totals and rate, and then divide your countries population to figure out how many you will be having at the inflection point... that is what will happen, based on our numbers and mathematics, regardless of ANY measures your country puts into place... unless 100% isolated.

The numbers look something like:
Inflection point - Mid-May to Mid-June globally, (this means every country in the world will experience those numbers between this point in time)
It equates to about 10-12 million infections a day globally (divide by your countries population to figure out what your daily infection rate at that point)
Once we reach inflection, the graph will look linear (10-12 million a day consistently for at least a couple weeks), then you will see number s decline (in the first year).

This is fundamental and mathematics... if still connected as a population (just one supply chain), there is NO difference between countries at all.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I keep seeing that three page letter posted but don't recall anyone addressing why the stated group he's treated is an enclave of roughly 5,000 with an average age of 15.

Seems like that could be a relevant thing to be curious about and that might effect outcomes.

top topics

<< 262  263  264    266  267  268 >>

join