It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 263
<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   
If an AIDS and a Malaria medicine works, then wouldn’t a TB work even better?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: elitegamer23

No, I just won't lay my freedoms down because in this country's 250 years millions have been sent to fight and die to secure those freedoms... we have 80,000 positive cases and 1200 deaths and that's enough to be expected to lay those freedoms down over? Bullsnip! The price was already paid for and we're several million away from even beginning to see the current value reach that price.

So you are claiming that you believe that someone infected with a contagious virus has a right to infect as many others as they care to?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sobored
How is it that we have the most cases now and so many fewer deaths ?

All i can think of is that is a product of our best in the world health care system. Places like Italy, Spain, France and Iran have free government funded health care .

If that continues to be the trend it will be hard to sell socialized health care here. It really will be a good comparison of systems though.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch

The average length of hospitalization for this disease is 11 days

Once a patient with a serious case of the coronavirus is hospitalized, the average stay is 11 days, according to a study based on January data from Wuhan — about twice as long as the five- to six-day average stay for flu.

The additional days mean additional stresses on the health care system. "To take care of intensive, really unwell people can often require two to three medical staff at one time, all in protective gear, for hours and hours," says Michael Ryan, director of the World Health Organization's Health Emergencies Program.

link

As far as our best in the world healthcare system goes. Nurses are being forced to use trash bags for protective gear because we're lacking the proper supplies. In videos I've been watching for months from hospitals in countries you mentioned and China I don't recall ever seeing a doctor or nurse as unequipped as some of ours are

A need for safety equipment at a New York City hospital reportedly became so unbearable this week that nurses there resorted to wearing trash bags as protection against the coronavirus.

The unusual scene was documented in a photo shared on social media of three nurses inside Mount Sinai West, according to the New York Post. One of them, it added, was holding the open box where the 33-gallon bags came from.

“NO MORE GOWNS IN THE WHOLE HOSPITAL,” its caption reportedly read. “NO MORE MASKS AND REUSING THE DISPOSABLE ONES… NURSES FIGURING IT OUT DURING COVID-19 CRISIS.”

Real News
edit on 27-3-2020 by Beltalowda because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Daily Bulgaria news!

12 new cases from this night. This adds to 276 people infected.

3 of the infected just returned from england. One of them is 22 years old woman and the other 2 - interesting to note - are kids at 8 and 3 years old who got infected by a doctor.

P.S. 276 as in recovered + dead + active cases
edit on 27-3-2020 by ZeroFurrbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: checkmeout

A lack of ventilators has forced NHS planners to explore whether one machine could be used to keep two patients alive, drastically increasing capacity

It can!! A device, like a splitter, has been designed and is being 3D printed by two universities in my home state of South Carolina. It allows for one ventilator to serve FOUR patients!

Officials described it as a ventilator expansion device that allows a single ventilator to support up to four patients during times of acute equipment shortages such as the current COVID-19 pandemic.
The device was produced using 3-D printing technology

https ://www.wyff4.com/article/upstate-physician-develops-invents-device-to-make-ventilators-serve-more-patients-prisma-health-says/31933672

Yes I've seen on the news that this can happen.
My broader point is it isn't just the ventilators that keep people alive. It's checking the settings and adjusting PEEP etc as required. Or changing isotope infusions watching the patient and noticing subtle signs. 6:1 nursing care will not make that possible.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
SOUTH AFRICA UPDATE (Day 1 of Total Lockdown)

1. First deaths recorded.
2. 2 deaths in the Western Cape
3. Infected count over 1000 now. No exact figure released until later.
4. 1st arrests for violation of quarantine laws as police raid taverns and shebeens.
5. images and videos of a ghost city that is Johannesburg this morning.

EWN

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Update: worldwide time

I heard of PBS, but just now I found out on Friday here at 4 pm I can watch it on TV in English. ( I really don't watch hardly any tv so that should explain why )

I realized now that the hat Trump was always wearing and millions of other Americans too. It says "Make America Great Again" . I guess that was an unknown hidden message. Wow!

I saw on PBS how Americans were all working together to see the "MAGA" . I must admit, tears came down after watching all the great , yet some very painful stories that were being told.

It takes a village to raise a child is a proverb which means that it takes an entire community of different people interacting with children in order for children to experience and grow in a safe environment.
edit on 0300000048092020-03-27T03:09:48-05:00094803am3 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

Think of just changing a few words above to let it drawl you in the true meaning of our time now.
edit on 0300000003132020-03-27T03:13:03-05:00130303am3 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Byrd

Yes. But this fall/winter is when it will (re)hit hardest. After that it won't be completely novel. Acquired immunity (as well as a likely vaccine later) will likely become a factor in reducing the impact.

www.healthline.com...

We hope it will be. However, given that there was an early mutation and that there are now two strains, I'm not entirely assured about that.

I *am* glad for modern technology that led to gene sequencing of the virus within a short time period. An effective virucide is still 8 months or more away but with shared data we might be able to find treatments sooner. I saw that the Folding project has an unprecedented number of folks sharing computational power.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sobored
How is it that we have the most cases now and so many fewer deaths ?

All i can think of is that is a product of our best in the world health care system. Places like Italy, Spain, France and Iran have free government funded health care .

If that continues to be the trend it will be hard to sell socialized health care here. It really will be a good comparison of systems though.

There's a number of reasons, including that they have a larger percentage of older people. If you're comparing absolute numbers, they also have smaller populations.

Remember that the surge in cases in the US started about 3 weeks after Italy and Spain and at the peak of the outbreak they were seeing a 20% increase in cases every day. We're starting to see that climb now. Italy and Spain took extreme steps to lock down their population... something that we're not doing yet.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
this (not sure if it has been posted)

40 mutations found in Iceland research

Virologists over here, from Leuven university, predict that it will take at least a full year to get the outbreak under control, after that they think the virus will weaken an become a common cold virus that is probably here to stay.
They explain that this virus doesn't 'want' to kill people, it wants the host to stay alive so the virus can live as well, so it will keep mutating to a point were it doesn't make the host severely sick anymore.
edit on 27-3-2020 by KindraLaBelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I just want to reiterate a point of fact. China is lying, has been lying and will keep lying, about their “#numbers” Nothing against CCP (burn in hell), but simple math would dictate there is no way the US could’ve passed them.
Full stop.

Even without leadership and the befuddled dereliction of governmental duties. Keep calm, Carry on, Dwell safely, Be free from affliction, and may you be at peace.

Stay informed and be well ATS...
edit on 27-3-2020 by slatesteam because: Pho Cough

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   

edit on 3-28-2020 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

By design.

We are already hearing about “cyclical transmission”. “ Cats out the bag.“... Viruses generally mutate quicker

We need to watch well into summer and see if it mutates in bat colonies....

I’m waiting to hear about how it was designed to cull the elderly worldwide while also diminishing birth rates because of the affected male sex organs.

But we won’t.

I hope we have a handle in 9 months time. There’s gonna be a lot of babies from this quarantining...

At least I hope so

edit on 27-3-2020 by slatesteam because: NWO Pho Cough

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

I’m waiting to hear about how it was designed to cull the elderly worldwide

this argument thats out there dont make sense, assuming all the deaths were elderly, in Italy alone 7500 elderly dead acting like a few ten thousand elderly that a government needs to support is going to make a difference.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Not sure where you live, but over here in Europe it are not only the Elderly that get sick and die. In Italy and Spain it were the oldest people who died first, then it spread to France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands,.... Now we see people of all ages on the ICU, even teenagers.

I've posted this before and people don' seem to get it!
In Europe, we see YOUNG and HEALTHY people drop death within 7 days!

They also figured out that Elderly people are hardly spreading the virus since they have far less moist in their lungs.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Honest question.

Do you think you would still have the same opinion if you lived in NYC, Spain, Italy or the UK?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: choos

We are just getting started amigo. I’m already mentally preparing to lose my grandfather even as I lost my grandmother a year and a half ago.

Strangely I’m more concerned for those in the medical profession and healthcare workers in general than his well-being. But it’s all kinda interconnected, as he’s in a home

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

Oh. I’m late 30s. I smoke. Trying to quit. This would kill me as I’d be opted out of medical support. Alas, no fear as I won’t leave a family behind. But. Many will. And they don’t smoke. And are younger. And. Never mind.
Us Americans aren’t the healthiest. Despite our yoga instagrams and Oxi-clean commercials.

Can I tell you about how great Spring Break was this year! Oh wait a sec...

You’re quite right. Sigh... Cali btw

edit on 27-3-2020 by slatesteam because: Pho Cough

edit on 27-3-2020 by slatesteam because: Ahem. Pho. Cough.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018
CELEBRITIES COVID19

Celebs who have died

Floyd Cardoz, 59. Celebrity chef, “Top Chef Masters” winner. Died March 25 after diagnosis of COVID-19. He had been feeling unwell for about a week since returning from a trip to his native India.

David Edwards, 48, and Lee Green, 49. Standout college basketball players in the 1990s for, respectively, Texas A&M and St. John’s. Deaths announced March 23, not officially confirmed as COVID-19 deaths.

Manu Dibango, 86. Saxophonist from Cameroon, best-known for his 1972 hit “Soul Makossa,” whose hook Michael Jackson used in “Wanna Be Startin Somethin.” Died March 24 in Paris.

Terrence McNally, 81. Playwright and screenwriter: “Love! Valour! Compassion!”, “Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune,” “Master Class.” Died March 24.

Reported cases

Albert II, prince of Monaco, 62.

John Bessler, 52. Law professor, husband of Sen. Amy Klobuchar.

Jackson Browne, 71. Singer-songwriter.

Charles, prince of Wales, 71.

Andy Cohen, 51. Talk show host.

Jason Collins, 41. Retired NBA player, Stanford basketball star.

Placido Domingo, 79. Opera singer.

Kevin Durant, 31. NBA player, formerly with Golden State Warriors.

Idris Elba, 47. Actor: “The Wire,” Heimdall in the Thor/Avengers movies.

Rudy Gobert, 27, and Donovan Mitchell, 23. NBA players, Utah Jazz.

Tom Hanks, 63, and Rita Wilson, 63. Actors.

Daniel Dae Kim, 51. Actor: “Lost,” “Hawaii Five-O”

Charlotte Lawrence, 19. Singer-songwriter, model.

Debi Mazar, 55. Actor: “L.A. Law,” “Goodfellas”

Rand Paul, 57. U.S. senator from Kentucky.

Francis Suarez, 42. Mayor of Miami.

Sophie Trudeau, 44. Wife of Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau.

Colton Underwood, 28. “Bachelorette” contestant and subsequent star of TV’s “The Bachelor,” played on practice squads of NFL’s Chargers, Eagles and Raiders.

Harvey Weinstein, 68. Film producer, currently imprisoned in New York for sexual assault and rape.

Princ ess Greta also has Covid19

Celebs with Covid19
Tom Hanks is alive

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SJE98

"Here is clever idea one hospital has implemented. On the news here a nurse practitioner with a very clever idea said that in order to save on masks and further exposure they have installed longer lines on the IV pumps. placing the pumps in the hallway instead of the room. This way they can administer any medicine through IV pump, and make adjustment to IV pumps without further contamination and saving on masks. Very cleaver idea. "

YES that is indeed very clever. Thanks a ton for posting that … I will share it with my colleagues locally, as we may be short of masks also in time

top topics

<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join