It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 262
<< 259  260  261    263  264  265 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollslayer
So I started talking with some of my former coworkers at about the terrible "flu" that took down nearly our entire workforce at manufacturing company that receives express parts from China (supposedly even Wuhan but I never saw the paperwork to verify it myself) in southwest Ohio back in December. I thought I might throw it to you guys and see what you think.

First cases popped up in early December with most being the people that handled the packages directly. Seemingly a persistent light flu with a non producing cough. Then came the workers that were in 60-80 age range with most of the workers in 30-40s by Christmas. By January a few of the late 20s had it with the early 20s barely affected and their young children remaining unaffected as far as I know. The symptoms eventually progressed to redness around the face and eyes, a harder cough that produced occasionally in the smokers, extreme fatigue to the point of the older workers falling asleep in chairs and on work tables and I felt worse than rucking a 40lb ALICE through a swamp and I am in very good shape and a health nut all except for my smoking (Doh!). By January people had burned through their end of the year PTO and started hitting their new PTO for 2020. By the end of january it looked like a second round of it had started again following the same pattern so I started wearing and sharing PPE since my wife became pregnant. i was subsequently fired the next day for unclear reasons. Last I heard more people were getting sick there but nothing extreme except a manager contacting me to to find out what I know about the virus.

It took me into mid february to feel like myself again going down to extremely 3-5lb weight routines and body weight exercises spread through out the day. My wife (same age as me, early 30s) and our kid (late teens) showed fairly mild symptoms the whole time. That is a regular pattern for our family if I get sick though and was once casually told to by a doctor that is common with 0+ blood type in herd immune theory (I guess 0+ shed less of a virus or exchange useful antibodies to their family through fluids or something).

That's all the relevent anecdotal data I could gather in hopes that one of you with a little extra medical or viral knowledge might think of it.

Best post by far with anecdotal evidence of how this 'bastard' of a virus affects us all. Thank you
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Yes. But this fall/winter is when it will (re)hit hardest. After that it won't be completely novel. Acquired immunity (as well as a likely vaccine later) will likely become a factor in reducing the impact.

www.healthline.com...

edit on 3/26/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I am probably wrong, but analyzing the lousy data available to me, I predict peak hospital load in Virginia over the weekend two weeks from now. Cincinnatti and Kansas City should be about the same. At that point, the virus will have run out of willing victims in the medium sized metro areas.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Byrd

Some of my friends in Texas have said the mom & pop and organic stores seem to be faring better for staple foods than the larger stores. If you're looking for pasta and such and can afford the higher prices, might be worth checking out there.

Same thing in the West Coast. The corner markets and convenience stores are all stocked up. It's the large grocery chains and big warehouse stores that are getting cleaned out by panic shoppers.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Bro you should be in the mud pit with this. You know it too, MR mod. 😛🥩

I absolutely agree. Please set the example.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The U.S. Military Has Joined the War Against the Coronavirus. But Its Firepower Is Limited

time.com...

Finally. It was inevitable. Of course, the Army ha sits own coronavirus problems I'm sure.

Amid public calls for additional U.S. military support in the national fight against the novel coronavirus, Defense Secretary Mark Esper committed Tuesday to making 5 million respirator masks, 2,000 ventilators and as many as 16 military labs available to help combat the deadly contagion.

It is the latest in a series of actions undertaken by the Pentagon as public health professionals across the U.S. fight a surge of COVID-19 cases. Already more than 1,560 National Guard members have been activated in 22 states to plan for medical response, collect and deliver testing samples and support state emergency-operations centers.

From the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, the military has supported the Department of Health and Human Services, freeing up space on military bases to house Americans who needed to be quarantined following evacuations from China or coronavirus-stricken cruise ships. Within days, American troops could also be called upon by President Donald Trump and top public health officials to stand up tent hospitals, renovate buildings for overflow facilities and carry out other tasks necessary to curb the spread of the pathogen. The military’s two 1,000-patient hospital ships, USNS Comfort and USNS Mercy, are being prepared on the East and West coasts to provide support in case civilian hospitals are overwhelmed.

Also, the Army Core of Engineers is moving to erect medical facilities

Army Corps inspects facilities across DC, Maryland and Pennsylvania for potential care site conversion
www.usace.army.mil... vania-for-potentia/

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Baltimore District, is performing site inspections across Maryland, Pennsylvania and the District of Columbia to support a nationwide FEMA mission assignment to convert existing large spaces into alternate care sites to augment COVID-19 response efforts.

Baltimore District is working closely with State, Commonwealth and District of Columbia partners on this initial planning effort. Our partners are in charge of site selection and prioritization of potential facilities that include hospitals, schools, correctional facilities and convention centers.

“We are working aggressively across all levels of government in line with our partners to assist our region and the nation in a time of crisis to the very best of our capabilities, as the federal government’s public works and engineering experts,” said Col. John Litz, Baltimore District commander.

edit on 26-3-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hawaii is up 11. Now three digits at 106.

The daily increase has been fairly consistent and planning is underway for expansion of emergency capability.
www.staradvertiser.com...

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Honolulu District has completed assessments of both centers to prepare for the worst-case scenario if there are too many patients for Oahu hospitals to treat. It is unclear how the facilities would be staffed with a limited number of doctors and nurses practicing in the community, but state officials are considering help from medical students, as well as retired and out-of-state providers. There are 4,000 doctors practicing in the islands and 9,000 physicians licensed to practice in the state.

One of the drawbacks of island life.

edit on 3/26/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Update Mar.26/20 - 11pm EST
Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases (by JHU CSSE)
gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Canada * 1,632-Quebec, 858-Ontario, 725-British Columbia, 486-Alberta,
36-Manitoba, 13-Grand Princess, 33-New Brunswick, 95-Saskatchewan
9-Prince Edward Island, 82- Newfoundland & Labrador, 73-Nova Scotia
1- Northwest Territories, 3-Yukon
Total= 4,046

coronavirus.1point3acres.com... USA & Canada Updates

Mar.01/20 - 4 more confirm + 20 Canada = Total 24
Mar.02/20 - 3 more confirm + 24 Canada = Total 27
Mar.03/20 - 6 more confirm + 27 Canada = Total 33
Mar.04/20 - 1 more confirm + 33 Canada = Total 34
Mar.05/20 - 14 more confirm + 34 Canada = Total 48
Mar.06/20 - 6 more confirm + 48 Canada = Total 54
Mar.07/20 - 6 more confirm + 54 Canada = Total 60
Mar.08/20 - 6 more confirm + 60 Canada = Total 66
Mar.09/20 - 11 more confirm + 66 Canada = Total 78
Mar.10/20 - 19 more confirm + 78 Canada = Total 97
Mar.11/20 - 21 more confirm + 78 Canada = Total 119
Mar.12/20 - 40 more confirm + 119 Canada = Total 159
Mar.13/20 - 43 more confirm + 159 Canada = Total 202
Mar.14/20 - 55 more confirm + 202 Canada = Total 257
Mar.15/20 - 86 more confirm + 257 Canada = Total 343
Mar.16/20 - 98 more confirm + 343 Canada = Total 444
Mar.17/20 - 154 more confirm + 444 Canada = Total 588
Mar.18/20 - 128 more confirm + 588 Canada = Total 716
Mar.19/20 - 157 more confirm + 716 Canada = Total 873
Mar.20/20 - 216 more confirm + 873 Canada = Total 1,089
Mar.21/20 - 242 more confirm + 1,089 Canada = Total 1,331
Mar.22/20 - 141 more confirm + 1,330 Canada = Total 1,472
Mar.23/20 - 619 more confirm + 1,472 Canada = Total 2,091
Mar.24/20 - 701 more confirm + 2,091 Canada = Total 2,795
Mar.25/20 - 582 more confirm + 2,795 Canada = Total 3,404
Mar.26/20 - 634 more confirm + 3,404 Canada = Total 4,046

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I see you stay safe til otherwise. 😛

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Simultaneously, we're learning this virus is far widerspread than we were told and, as a result, far, FAR less lethal as a whole. Very similar to the flu, actually.

People are being played like a fiddle.

If we are, it's as recklessly as Paganini on mescalin.

You may be correct. Many will be angered at such a suggestion, but nevertheless it needs to be considered. A crucial question for every country, especially those with high percentages of elderly citizens (such as Italy and Spain), is how many deaths would have occurred DESPITE contracting Coronavirus. Unfortunately, until the pandemic is over and we're sweeping up the mess, we cannot even guess.

As reported by BBC News this week:

But what is not clear - because the modellers did not map this - is to what extent the deaths would have happened without coronavirus. Of course, this will never truly be known until the pandemic is over, which is why modelling is very difficult and needs caveats.

Every year more than 500,000 people die in England and Wales - factor in Scotland and Northern Ireland, and the figure is around 600,000. The coronavirus deaths will not be in addition to these, as statistician Prof Sir David Spiegelhalter, an expert in public understanding of risk at the University of Cambridge, explains.

"There will be substantial overlap in these two groups — many people who die of Covid [the disease caused by coronavirus] would have died anyway within a short period."

Just throwing this into the swirling storm as a ray of 'hope' (if that's the correct word).

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Does it matter?

The focus on the CFR of coronavirus is a distraction. Look now at New York. The hospitals are getting hammered. What happens next week? Someone who would have had a bed for their bad case of influenza now doesn't.

So what if the the cause of death is influenza. They died because of coronavirus.

edit on 3/27/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Exactly.

Which is what I meant by either a perceived or real crisis in an earlier post. Either which way, "coronavirus" is causing harm/death.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
www.ktvq.com... 05Xro06g well we Montanans go on lock down on saturday but its only supposed to last tell april 10th , these are the exceptions for leaving the home

Under the directive, Montanans may leave their homes for essential activities, including: For health and safety. To engage in activities or perform tasks essential to their health and safety, or to the health and safety of their family or household members (including, but not limited to, pets), such as, by way of example only and without limitation, seeking emergency services, obtaining medical supplies or medication, or visiting a health care professional. For necessary supplies and services. To obtain necessary services or supplies for themselves and their family or household members, or to deliver those services or supplies to others, such as, by way of example only and without limitation, groceries and food, household consumer products, supplies they need to work from home, and products necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences For outdoor activity. To engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with social distancing, as defined below, such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking, running, or biking. Individuals may go to public parks and open outdoor recreation areas, including public lands in Montana provided they remain open to recreation. Montanans are discouraged from outdoor recreation activities that pose enhanced risks of injury or could otherwise stress the ability of local first responders to address the COVID-19 emergency (e.g., backcountry skiing in a manner inconsistent with avalanche recommendations or in closed terrain). For certain types of work. To perform work providing essential products and services at Essential Businesses or Operations or to otherwise carry out activities specifically permitted in this Directive, including Minimum Basic Operations. To take care of others. To care for a family member, friend, or pet in another household, and to transport family members, friends, or pets as allowed by this Directive.
so there was quite the chaos at the local wallmart today not a roll of TP to be found but lots of canned goods absolutely no pasta and our ammo section almost empty . pallets of bottled water and most necessities in stock but i did manage to get a bunch of food for my parents that have been on self imposed lock down for 2 weeks now due to them being quite old

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
How is it that we have the most cases now and so many fewer deaths ?

All i can think of is that is a product of our best in the world health care system. Places like Italy, Spain, France and Iran have free government funded health care .

If that continues to be the trend it will be hard to sell socialized health care here. It really will be a good comparison of systems though.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Tedross, on the other hand, has so far not directly mentioned the signing activity calling for his resignation.

I posted that he had resigned. Language , yes , language lol

Oh, well, never know what is going to change by the minute these days.

But I was spot on about once the Olympics came to a close, then we'll start seeing the numbers of infections being more public.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
So in Tokyo or any major city is this: Blockade of the city” has a huge impact on the economy Prime Minister working to prevent the spread of infection.

So my question is: Can a blockade of a city really help in the prevention of spreading the virus like Tokyo?

Not if they keep Haneda and Narita airports open. Will they close them down or just keep them open for trade and cargo?

Okinawa is now asking people not to travel to the mainland. So that is really going to put a dent in air travel also.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

She called to claim unemployment and can't get through. She has tried since Monday.

Well this page might explain that ..... -> interactive.guim.co.uk...:52:31/embed.html

[noparse]https://interactive.guim.co.uk/charts/embed/mar/2020-03-26T12:52:31/embed.html[/noparse]

edit on 27-3-2020 by Rich Z because: URL not working so I tried it again.

edit on 27-3-2020 by Rich Z because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2020 by Rich Z because: URL still doesn't work...

edit on 27-3-2020 by Rich Z because: Screw it. Just cut and paste the text between the noparse tags. I give up.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The same guy who said 18 months of this, now says it’s will be manageable, because of lockdown.

J-IDEA’s Neil Ferguson tells MPs lockdown can help NHS manage coronavirus

Speaking via video link, Professor Ferguson explained that while there was some uncertainty, if current measures work as expected, then intensive care demand would ‘peak in approximately two to three weeks and then decline thereafter

edit on 27-3-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   

a reply to: MrRCflying

People are being played like a fiddle.

And by the way nearly all of the governments on Earth are responding to this, so are they? You are pretty much the only one that knows the "real deal" about this virus and everyone else is clueless and panic stricken? Remarkable......

So I guess that means you don't subscribe to the philosophy of "hope for the best, but plan for the worst"?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Aren't you guys already in lockdown? I don't see any civilian call to arms...

Alaska? Not exactly. We have a "hunker down" plan in place here in Anchorage, but I can spend all damn day wandering around on the trails, in the parks, pretty much whatever we choose with zero implications. I believe the country has over reacted across the board, but a lot of places have gone off the deep end entirely.

Well, with all due respect, perhaps you should make a trip to New York City, have a look around in the hospitals, and then review the conclusions you are coming to lately. Being way out in the sticks of Alaska might just be skewing your perspective of things. IMHO.

I'm kind of out in the boonies of Florida myself, but not sure that qualifies me to judge the crisis as being frivolous that posted evidence on multiple independent internet sources indicates is taking place in the rest of the world. I'm not talking about what is being presented in the MSN, as I don't watch that stuff at all. But should all accounts HERE and on other similar sites simply be ignored and branded as FAKE NEWS, simply because of what I can personally see just a 20 minute radius drive around me? Is that really wise?

top topics

<< 259  260  261    263  264  265 >>

join