It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 247
<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: clay2 baraka

I'm not sure about that, more ike revenue raising, not enough people out drink and drug driving, they have to pay for all those fancy cars, busses and equipment somehow.

That explains the dispensaries being kept open.. and golf courses.
WTF?!

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent
Did anyone figure out how a prescription drug is hoarded yet?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Chloroquine is already being taken by millions of people around the world on a daily basis for Malaria Lupus and Arthritis, any attempt to demonize this drug at this stage, is pointless.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

None of it makes any sense, now citizen donate to Hillsong for virus protection, your goverment is here to protect you.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Chloroquine is already being taken by millions of people around the world on a daily basis for Malaria Lupus and Arthritis, any attempt to demonize this drug at this stage, is pointless.

About as pointless as using anecdotal evidence that it's a game changer in the fight against this virus.
edit on 25-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Probably not a good idea to use it without prescription though. Contraindicated with other medications for example. Which is what that Mayo study seems to be about.

Probably not a good idea to eat fish medicine. I wonder what that dosage actually was.

edit on 3/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

People urged to go home as lines form around Centrelink offices due to coronavirus, Stuart Robert admits not anticipating MyGov demand

Long queues formed outside Centrelink offices for a second day, despite the Federal Government urging welfare-seekers to go home.

The Government is estimating at least 1 million people could be made unemployed, joining the 700,000 people already receiving unemployment benefits.

That could take Australia's unemployment rate from 5.1 per cent to closer to 15 per cent.

The demand for help has been so high it crashed Centrelink's website, with Government websites struggle to keep up with unprecedented demand from people seeking financial assistance amid the coronavirus pandemic.

"My bad, not realising the sheer scale of the decision on Sunday night by the national leaders," he said.

abc.net.au

"My bad" just doesn't cut it. Some of these people will soon be on the streets if they can't get payment.

There's a serious argument doing the rounds.

It goes like this: the Morrison Government's decision to use Centrelink to provide the cushion for the labour market during the coronavirus crisis will see the unemployment rate skyrocket and household incomes collapse.

Instead, it should be subsidising a large proportion of workers' wages, via employers, to keep as many people as possible employed for the next six months.
It should also ensure that workers who do lose their jobs can access emergency incomes close to what they were earning before the crisis, up to a certain level of income.
abc.net.au

It surprised me, they were all stood down, now unemployed. Doesn't seem a temporary measure at all, a lot harder to get everyone back to work again than subsidies.

Rent/bills have not been cancelled yet, that would want to be on its way soon or people won't be able to pay.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I bet trying to get a doctor to write you a script is pretty pointless as well , since he has already written one for himself and his family first. India banning exports says a lot.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
last update before bed, from French Live Feed at 00h50 and Twitter :

"NYPD reports that 239 employees, including 197 Uniformed Officers have been diagnosed with Coronavirus"

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I bet trying to get a doctor to write you a script is pretty pointless as well , since he has already written one for himself and his family first. India banning exports says a lot.

I doubt it, the vast majority of doctors are big fans of medical evidence, anecdotal not so much.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

link

Why is Covid-19 death rate so low in Germany?

Recent articles have raised this issue with several theories put forth by local experts. Some feel that it is a temporary situation, since Germany, like South Korea, has been aggressively testing its population from the outset. Aggressive testing likely will identify persons otherwise too well to come to medical attention, thereby diluting the tested pool with a large set of infected but otherwise well people who are likely to remain so.

Read this. This is why they can't possibly know the death rate of this virus.

They don't know how many people have it, therefore, they can't have any intelligent way to establish any death rate numbers.

Here they're admitting that places with great test capacity have a lower death rate. Sure they do because they have an accurate measure of the people with the virus.

There are a lot of people on both sides with different agendas pointing out how unreliable these numbers are. While the final numbers will likely be somewhat different, we have what we have. What people seem to be forgetting, is that all of the other diseases they keep comparing death rates to have the exact same problem.

Tons of cases go unconfirmed or uncounted for the flu and every other pandemic disease. The death rates wind up being all relative though and the stuff that slips through the cracks is just part of it. My point is even if lots of cases are getting uncounted, and the "true" (we'll never know) death rate is probably lower. The "true" rate is also lower for flu and every other pandemic illness. People need to not focus on stressing about the nuances as this is just part of the reality of data collection for almost all diseases.

The best they can do is when it's all over estimate how many got missed and create some model. Most people don't realize that flu cases are not counted each year. They simply look at smaller sample data from certain hospitals and regions and plug it into model to get a seasonal count.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

So your in bed having trouble breathing, the Doc says you have a bad dose and your going to die. You ask what about some Cloroquinine, Sorry he's says the tests wont be in for eighteen months . Good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Doctors kinda have this oath they take to heal people, that doesn't involve giving someone something they heard might work, maybe .

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Don’t shoot the messenger.. 🥵

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Depends who they heard it off.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Wednesday's major coronavirus updates: - USA: +11,204 cases, +146 deaths - Spain: +7,457 cases, +656 deaths - Italy: +5,210 cases, +683 deaths - Germany: +3,907 cases, +47 deaths - France: +2,931 cases, +231 deaths - Iran: +2,206 cases, +143 deaths - UK: +1,452 cases, +43 deaths

TWITTER

Highest fatalities for USA to date. Pisses me off. RIP

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
In the UK news today,aside from more deaths and infections-

The computer and phone system for thegovernment department responsible for issuing welfare for those now out of work/stuck at home...has crashed due to too many calls and applications,thus delaying any payments to many people(I think they said over 100 000 people applied yesterday alone.)
People who get through on the phone are put on hold for hours then disconnected.
I guarantee this won't be fixed,as its a great way for the government to not pay out the money,and blame it on the tech rather than them not wanting to pay.

My family and many of our friends we talked to via the internet(when it worked) can't get deliveries of food as all the supermarket internet ordering is jammed up due to massive queues-kinda of like a ddos attack but with genuine customers overloading the system.
Those who do get through are being allocated delivery slots in 2,3 or 4 weeks time.

Our internet at home has been going on and off,or been super slow all day.So have some of our friends and family in other parts of the UK.This may be because
1: all the kids are at home hopefully doing online school,but likely streaming netflix and games.
2: many more people are using the net to work from home.

My area has quite a few older folks living in the nearby streets,and since the lockdown,there has been a DIY/gardening explosion-Drilling,hammering,stone cutting from dawn till dusk,all over the village everyone trying to keep busy I suppose.At least its been nice weather for gardening but they say its going to be freezing cold again by the weekend.

Stay safe everyone.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

I understand what you’re saying.
I’m not coming to any conclusions just pointing out the fact that this is the case: that one can’t gauge precisely any accurate death rate. Then they should say that openly and say it’s a reasonable(maybe) estimate.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
NYC PANDEMIC CASE SUMMARY

LINK

Wuhan/Hubei province shut down at ~1000 reported cases.

Italy and Spain both shut down at 10000 or so reported cases..

The United States are approaching 70,000 cases and counting even with the low testing rates. We are not enforcing quarantine measures. In NYC you can take a plane to most states still or drive out of NYC 🤦‍♂️ Airport is still open... At this point we need a vaccine yesterday this is going to drag on and you need a damn compound calculator to get an idea on the cases and deaths to understand the concern.

edit on 25-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Depends who they heard it off.

Dr OZ is pushing it as a game chamger, the surgeon General is skeptical, I know who I will take advice from and it won't be that quack from tv.

top topics

<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join