It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MaverickLRD

Well, its got to come down to that. I remember my post that said stock up to 1 year, was kind of chewed out for it then I changed it to 6 months.

For those areas in America, in my opinion (hey folks, I live on an island, so my thinking is and always will be different from you) is this:

1. you WILL someday have to protect your family
2. Read Lord of the Flies
3. have what the govt. calls a "go-bag" in that bag have your meds and survival stuff (we have treads on it) most importantly, all your kids should also have the back packs filled with something to sustain life with.
4. A tent would be idea (you can easily buy them 4 man tents for under 60 bucks. (it will help you with the elements)
5. string and bells (guess why on this)

anyway prepare for the worst
why, you got thousands of homeless people roaming the streets with homeless gangs to be aware of
and watch out for the internet to be heavily censored (coming sooner then you think)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

If the Aussies could take up the updates that would be sweet.

Quite happy to oblige there.

Australian Update

We're now at 197

Only 3 additional cases are as a result of transmission.

Importantly the nature of ALL viral transmissions are known. There are no wild virus transmissions.

It is extremely important to recognise that 13,000 Chinese students have been allowed back into Australia after a woefully short 2 week quarantine in another country.

Tabasco Source

tabasci source was pathetic
idioacracy at its finest
people in charge are now mentally unfit ti lead and that is a fact

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Well, its got to come down to that. I remember my post that said stock up to 1 year, was kind of chewed out for it then I changed it to 6 months.

For those areas in America, in my opinion (hey folks, I live on an island, so my thinking is and always will be different from you) is this:

3. have what the govt. calls a "go-bag" in that bag have your meds and survival stuff (we have treads on it) most importantly, all your kids should also have the back packs filled with something to sustain life with.
4. A tent would be idea (you can easily buy them 4 man tents for under 60 bucks. (it will help you with the elements)

why, you got thousands of homeless people roaming the streets with homeless gangs to be aware of
and watch out for the internet to be heavily censored (coming sooner then you think)

Right there with ya. Being prepared is more than just today, or for this virus, or for this food/goods run. Could be beneficial for a plethora of scenarios
I’ve only got about a 30 day cache and after seeing how quickly the chaos has ensued at stores I’m wishing I had more

Also I’m growing more uncomfortable for my upcoming business trips that cannot be canceled.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

New Zealand update.
All people entering the Country from Sunday will have to self isolate for fourteen days, Six confirmed cases at the moment, all from overseas, all improving. All large gatherings are banned. Planes carrying freight, and Freight Ships are allowed. All cruise ships banned until June.
The PM is going hard and fast, She must of had a heads up and is doing the right thing, it will hammer the economy but everywhere is hammered anyway.
edit on 14-3-2020 by anonentity because: adding

edit on 14-3-2020 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I just saw someone mention this in a chat on YouTube, so I went to verify it and sure enough I found several articles about it, so am guessing not a rumor...

"Mayor Deborah Frank Feinen, of Champaign, Illinois, signed the executive order on Thursday declaring a state of emergency for the city. That executive order, which is in line with municipal code, comes with extraordinary powers for the mayor to enact over a short period of time as the city combats the spread of the coronavirus.

Among the powers Feinen gained after signing the executive order was the power to ban the sale of guns, ammunition, alcohol, and gasoline. Feinen could also cut off access to individuals' gas, water, or electricity. The city also has the ability to "take possession of private property" or order the temporary closing of all bars or liquor stores.

Jeff Hamilton, the city's manager, told WAND, "The executive order allows the city to be flexible to properly respond to the emergency needs of our community. None of the options will necessarily be implemented but are available in order to protect the welfare and safety of our community if needed.""

This is very scary to me, how do you all feel about this? Is there anything that the regular citizen can do to stop something like this from being reversed or changed?

**update: another article about this also includes that it gives the city the right to Prohibit or restrict ingress and egress to and from the City

LINK

edit on 14-3-2020 by TruthJava because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2020 by TruthJava because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2020 by TruthJava because: added note

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   

That is a recipe for civil unrest explosion if it is maintained too long. I can imagine extreme anger brimming over, irrelevant of virus threat. Italians have fire, passionate. Governments can't supply the compassion required because it is beyond their resources, and oppression combined with isolation has one result. They risk becoming the enemy, far more than the virus.

I truly hope they are balancing it out with something other than threats and fear of imprisonment.

People go stir crazy when locked in, especially when the comforts run short. Perhaps the UK has got it right, despite the risks of infection.

One thing that occurred to me earlier was the lack of purpose that will build. If you had dreams and plans that relied on the world being as it was before this hit, and now they seem impossible, it will be hard to find new focus with little certainty. Mental health is going to be a serious problem. We're all going to be strained.

On this, I'd urge everyone here to work on being forgiving of those we are with. Stresses can come out in many ways. The imagination, a sense of humour will be our greatest ally in the weeks to come. If you can laugh in the face of it all, then you'll do fine. Avoid blaming anyone close to you for things, because you might have to share space.

I don't have to think too deeply to guess that all the above are actually the biggest concern with lockdowns, especially oppressive lockdowns. I might start a thread soon that directly addresses this, and gives a space for people to vent, but with a focus on ways of staying hopeful and coping in extreme circumstances.
Escapism is going to be vital to combat boredom and stress.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava
I just saw someone mention this in a chat on YouTube, so I went to verify it and sure enough I found several articles about it, so am guessing not a rumor...

"Mayor Deborah Frank Feinen, of Champaign, Illinois, signed the executive order on Thursday declaring a state of emergency for the city. That executive order, which is in line with municipal code, comes with extraordinary powers for the mayor to enact over a short period of time as the city combats the spread of the coronavirus.

Among the powers Feinen gained after signing the executive order was the power to ban the sale of guns, ammunition, alcohol, and gasoline. Feinen could also cut off access to individuals' gas, water, or electricity. The city also has the ability to "take possession of private property" or order the temporary closing of all bars or liquor stores.

Jeff Hamilton, the city's manager, told WAND, "The executive order allows the city to be flexible to properly respond to the emergency needs of our community. None of the options will necessarily be implemented but are available in order to protect the welfare and safety of our community if needed.""

This is very scary to me, how do you all feel about this? Is there anything that the regular citizen can do to stop something like this from being reversed or changed?

**update: another article about this also includes that it gives the city the right to Prohibit or restrict ingress and egress to and from the City

LINK

The police won't enforce it since they have family that need to be protected. If she got the National Guards approval, then change can turn a bit differently. But that type of BS people will not put up with when they see looting in their neigbhorhood. In my opinion, she must have a lot of personal security with her to even think she can do that. Its war with the common hard working people to watch the criminals then take control. She's an idiot.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Coronavirus update: Australia reaches 200 cases

Three new confirmed cases in South Australia have nudged Australia to 200 overall.

The current numbers are:

91 in NSW

36 in Victoria

35 in Queensland

19 in South Australia

14 in Western Australia

4 in Tasmania

1 in ACT

There have been three coronavirus-related deaths in Australia so far.

At his daily press conference, chief medical officer Brendan Murphy said there had been "early evidence of community transmission", mainly in New South Wales, so they decided to move early on social distancing measures to get ahead of the curve.
abc.net.au

Numbers are going up quicker. Panic buying in the cities, selling out of non perishables. Went to shops here in rural Aus yesterday, no tp, no powdered milk, everything else still there.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaverickLRD

Right there with ya. Being prepared is more than just today, or for this virus, or for this food/goods run. Could be beneficial for a plethora of scenarios
I’ve only got about a 30 day cache and after seeing how quickly the chaos has ensued at stores I’m wishing I had more

Also I’m growing more uncomfortable for my upcoming business trips that cannot be canceled.

One day soon, you'll have to say "screw it", I'm not doing jack sh...$ now. The reason I say that is because of being self employed. Yes, it came down to closing the door. That's life.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Just wanted to mention a few pages back (can’t seem to find it now) someone mentioned that Texas wasn’t reporting to John’s Hopkins, or was it Colorado? My brain is fried. Anywho New Mexico wasn’t on there all day and we have 10 cases now. They’re all back up there now. I’m on mobile so can’t post screen shot. Wonder why they were left off...

gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com

edit on 3/14/2020 by IWant2Believe323 because: Added url

edit on Sat Mar 14 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix BB CODE

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
UK POLICE GIVEN POWERS TO ARREST ...2 YEARS OF DRACONIAN RULE

Well, that is one of the most saddening reads from the UK yet.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

Firearms ban is bogus as are other claims:

City of Champaign Facebook

edit on 14-3-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Good to know that. Quad Cities is not too far from there.
Is there any panic buying in Illinois any where?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   
www.wnd.com...

As of Thursday, Italy had reported 12,000 cases and 827 deaths, a mortality rate of nearly 7%. This suggests that the unreported and undetected infections in shutdown Italy are far more numerous.

IMO the NWO open border crowd is losing the ground they thought they have gained over the last several years.

It may one day be said that the coronavirus delivered the deathblow to the New World Order, to a half-century of globalization and to the era of interdependence of the world's great nations.

Tourism, air travel, vacation cruises, international gatherings and festivals are already shutting down. Travel bans between countries and continents are being imposed. Conventions, concerts and sporting events are being canceled. Will the Tokyo Olympics go forward? If they do, will all the anticipated visitors from abroad come to Japan to enjoy the games?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Here's a fool in the flesh

Right after this is was revealed he had the virus.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
www.wnd.com...

As of Thursday, Italy had reported 12,000 cases and 827 deaths, a mortality rate of nearly 7%. This suggests that the unreported and undetected infections in shutdown Italy are far more numerous.

IMO the NWO open border crowd is losing the ground they thought they have gained over the last several years.

It may one day be said that the coronavirus delivered the deathblow to the New World Order, to a half-century of globalization and to the era of interdependence of the world's great nations.

Tourism, air travel, vacation cruises, international gatherings and festivals are already shutting down. Travel bans between countries and continents are being imposed. Conventions, concerts and sporting events are being canceled. Will the Tokyo Olympics go forward? If they do, will all the anticipated visitors from abroad come to Japan to enjoy the games?

The Tokyo Olympic Task force is still giving the OK to go a head, but my opinion is, its impossible with many countries restricting their citizens to fly to Japan.
I'll just call it out as it truly is :
1. its called panic control
2. hundreds of millions of dollars are at stake here
3. Japanese have a community spirit ( that will be the final decission (sp) on what really will take place, therefore no one will be left with bad taste toward the Japanese govt) and besides that, air travel to and from Japan is the lowest its been in years, so the hotel and tourist business currently are in deep trouble.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: saladfingers123456

Are they freaking serious, arrest people suspected of having corona virus, just WTF....

That's insane ...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Are they freaking serious, arrest people suspected of having corona virus, just WTF....

That's insane ...

Do you guys have an island like "Gilligan's Island". If so maybe it might work.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   

That's insane ...

Do you guys have an island like "Gilligan's Island". If so maybe it might work.

It's called Tasmania...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   

That's insane ...

I just read that. Says schools are to remain open. Sounds a lot like Chinese money is talking there in politicians pockets. Dirty bastards.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join