It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thanks Agit and everyone here. All our post now seem to be in our front yard. Since this country was a head of America in telling the truth up front, how did that help, well... honesty is the best policy, even if it has to hurt somewhat.

I posted this on Part 4, but want to continue with my new post starting Part 5 and keep track.
The US Embassy just sent out this. I can only recommend, please don't travel to Japan. The reason why I'm stating this is if you fall ill with the virus... your complications will not only began with your medical condition, but where and how will you be treated. If you don't pass quarantine at the ports, YOU DO NOT ENTER this country. So in other words, what happens to you. That has been on my mind, no one has any reports of such people recently. OK. This will be my first post for Part 5.

Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, China. The global public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, with more than 110,000 reported cases worldwide.

The Government of Japan has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Japan National Tourism Organization for additional information on these new measures.

CDC has issued a Level 2 Travel Notice for Japan.

U.S. government personnel have been advised to review their readiness for any emergency. As we have consistently recommended due to frequent weather-related emergencies in Japan, personnel are reminded to have “go-bags” for themselves and family members, containing ample prescription medication(s), Japanese cash, mobile phone chargers, and copies of any vital documents. Personnel are also advised to consider supplementing their emergency food and prescription medications to cover a period of at least 14 days without resupply. Staff are encouraged to maintain an emergency supply of potable water for at least three days.

The above seem to not a reason to panic but stay calm and be prepared.

We, in my opinion have gone through stage one of "panic". Mostly it started with the mask shortages. (still a shortage, but soon the market will have more then enough) Then we had a shortage of toilet paper (based on that our TP comes from China, which it doesn't). While the panic cause long lines for people wanting to buy the above, well, I was out shopping for can goods made in Japan or Thailand and the Philippines. But now I won't buy goods from Thailand and the Philippines. Mostly it is tuna fish and other fish and cans of pineapple. I probably can't buy it anyway.
The next wave of panic I'll call "STAGE 2". This stage has been a silent stage now I think for the last 2 weeks, what I mean by that is this: unemployment in the entertainment, hotel, tourist, taxi, restaurant, transportation (no business because of lack of foreign tourist and Japanese are staying put) child care centers, lack of drivers to deliver goods and I guess I could go on, but the fact is panic stage 2 really is in effect, but hey you guys know what, there is no hysteria going on. Yes, we hear thousands of hardship stories daily now, but NO ONE is showing any "dog eat dog" behavior. The stress of owning a business is personal for me and I know about having NO income coming in. Our concern now is : if the US govt. collapses , do we get a Social Security check in the mail?

I hope to post stories now and with some updates, but on the updates much activity now comes in like every 15 minutes. So I'll just try to stick with such info that won't can panic and that includes us here.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Michigan added 1 more just a little a while ago. We are up to 17.

Here is a current list of positive cases across Michigan right now: 

Oakland County: 3

Washtenaw County: 3 

Wayne County: 3

Kent County: 2 

St Clair County: 1

Ingham County: 1

Montcalm County: 1

Unknown: 2 

Macomb County: 1

source

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

www.google.com...
Dollar to yen is almosty back to 108.
Quite a climb back for now.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
This is what worries me - the aim to get 60% infected but to do so on the way will bring unbelievable chaos to the country and NHS - i sort of understand herd immunity but only in the sense that for say measles - most of us are vaccinated and that protects someone that can't be vaccinated for it due to a health issue etc.
Letting it run rampant and hoping most of us become immune to a novel virus just seems risky. If it could work without huge numbers dying and the chaos (which i feel will happen) then great, but I can't see how exactly.
It seems a bold move to make when other countries are shutting down. I get that shutting down too soon could be detrimental to many things, but we haven't seen any containment or delay measures being put forward. Not even social distancing as far as I'm aware! That seems insane to me.
If we approach Italy's numbers we are in big trouble
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

It is a massive and frankly incredibly risky gamble. If we come out on the other side ok the Boris and Co will have put us in an unbelievably strong position.

However, if they are working from flawed science and bad statistics it will be an utter disaster. 1% death rate is bad enough. At Italy’s 6-9% death rate we are looking at a terrible situation with millions of deaths.

It’s ok though, we’re just the herd, dumb and easily lead.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The one thing I wanna impress on people who are upset about all the closings due to Coronavirus and are spouting numbers. Forward thinking, it's not the numbers now, it's about the numbers months from now if action isn't taken. You have to slow the spread to keep the healthcare system from being overwhelmed, because once that happens... EVERYTHING people have listed that sends people to the hospital that they would normally live through will die due to not getting proper treatment. Even covid sufferers who may have lived will die. Think ahead everyone, look at the big picture, outside your bubble.

The funniest thing, is if these measures DO stem the potential numbers, the naysayers will say "see, flu is worse" Have to let something massacre millions to have people take it seriously.

I posted this on my facebook...and of course was met with ridicule. What everyone doesn't realize, is that a source close to me says we have a confirmed case at the local hospital in my city of 250k or so...with several others under quarantine. This is in Iowa

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Here in the low country of South Carolina things seem ok. I unfortunately had to go to the doctors office two days ago and today. Two days ago it was packed shoulder to shoulder, today there were two people there. Things that make you go hmm.

Restaurants are full, grocery stores have a normal amount of cars in the parking lots. Everything seems normal granted I haven’t been in a store today. The general feeling is that no one knows how many people are sick because we suspect not many are being tested. Some medical facilities have giant red stop signs on the door that say not to come in if you have coronavirus symptoms or have been near someone who has. No health care professional I have seen thus far has worn any PPE other than a nurse who wore gloves to give me a shot.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Italy saw 250 death in 24 hours.

Italy registers a record 250 coronavirus deaths in a day as Europe lockdown widens

Italy says a further 250 people have died from COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, according to the country's civil protection agency.

The record increase has seen the country's death toll climb to 1,266 people and helped shift the global coronavirus focus onto Europe.

The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Friday that the continent — where more countries have declared a national state of emergency over COVID-19 — is now the epicentre of the coronavirus pandemic.

"More cases are now being reported every day [in Europe] than were being reported by China at the height of its epidemic," director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said.

He said 5,000 people have now died of the virus, calling it "a tragic milestone," and urged governments to implement social distancing measures to slow the spread.

"Do not let this fire burn," he said. "Isolate the sick."

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Virginia Governor Ralph Northam has ordered all schools in the state K-12 closed for a minimum of two weeks.
A couple who took a Nile River cruise have tested positive here in the Hampton Roads area which includes the cities of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Hampton and Newport News and thats over a million people.
I have not heard of any event cancellations.
I am going to karaoke in just a few minutes. I think... Hubby just took some tylenol for a headache. Ut oh...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

www.google.com...
Dollar to yen is almosty back to 108.
Quite a climb back for now.

I know, it was at 113 (bank desk rate) then it sunk down to 102 (bank desk rate)
I do hope it goes back up over 110, mean a bit more yen coming out of SS for us. Not much, but a little.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Another facet to this 20209/11 imo, from Matt Kahn's FB page >
www.facebook.com...

From Coronavirus to Consciousness
Dear Aianawa,
With the widespread panic of pandemic flu in the air, whether creating the anticipated perception of illness in your mind to fight, track, and avoid, or experiencing symptoms that have you more sincerely worried for your wellbeing than ever before, there is always an equal opportunity to allow any form of collective hysteria to act as wake up calls to greater consciousness — within you and the planet.
Although perhaps not visible to most, this outbreak is evidence of how quickly consciousness is already waking up worldwide. I am not suggesting that due to consciousness awakening, a dormant virus known as Corona has manifested in many lives. What I can point out is how clearly the narrative of this global news story has put a lot of people into a constant state of fear. When steeped in fear, you enter survival mode where you must rely on the impulses and demands of your ego versus the instincts of your evolving soul’s wisdom. While I affirm the 'fear of pandemic' is more of a pandemic than perhaps any virus could be, there is no doubt that an outbreak of fear has entered our local and collective atmospheres. Thankfully, it will be unable to slow the progress of an awakening consciousness that cannot be opposed or denied. The faster consciousness wakes up, the more it speeds up the fabric of time. The faster the fabric of time speeds up, the less opportunity there is for fear to operate with any degree of influence over our awakening consciousness.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
Posting work written by others
edit on Fri Mar 13 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Trimmed massive quote, added tags and source

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
For the curious: Better Live Cruise Ship Tracker
edit on 13-3-2020 by Oleman because: Other site was junk

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
For the curious: Cruise Ship Tracker

I see a lot of stuff in ports and nearly nothing at sea.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Puerto Rico joins the party.

sauce

Who wants to take bets on how long it is going to take for all countries to get a confirmed case?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 1320Q17yes

I've written a few times (not about the virus) about how "convenience " is our true silent enemy. When I took the survival courses in Washington (winter survival) and the survival course in the Philippines (courtesy of our govt. ) I realized then that convenience is very helpful, but the tools to survive are most important and that states it in your post. Thanks for taking the time to post what you did.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This just jumped by 10 or more :

from Worldometers

The coronavirus COVID-19 is affecting 145 countries and territories around the world and 1 international conveyance (the Diamond Princess cruise ship harbored in Yokohama, Japan)

195 Total Folks.

Those Guys in Antartica might not want to come back...

www.worldometers.info...
edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added link

edit : OK 2h52am, me sleep.

edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: me sleep

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Michigan is up to 25.

The local News just said A Doctor in Saginaw Mi Covenant Healthcare(hospital) has tested positive he lives in Bay county.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
A systems engineer perspective:

In line with military thinking, a near total population infection is inevitable.
Treatments will NOT be available in time to prevent this.

#1 goal is to minimize the total damage to the society.
#2 goal is to keep the absolute number of severe cases just below the health care system capacity.

Immediately start increasing hospital care capacity.

Delay shutdown as long as possible to limit total front end economic damage.

Minimize total economic damage by ramping up infection rate quickly, then hold just below hospital capacity.

Pray there are no earthquakes or hurricanes. Get this over as quick as is manageable.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
A systems engineer perspective:

In line with military thinking, a near total population infection is inevitable.
Treatments will NOT be available in time to prevent this.

#1 goal is to minimize the total damage to the society.
#2 goal is to keep the absolute number of severe cases just below the health care system capacity.

Immediately start increasing hospital care capacity.

Delay shutdown as long as possible to limit total front end economic damage.

Minimize total economic damage by ramping up infection rate quickly, then hold just below hospital capacity.

Pray there are no earthquakes or hurricanes. Get this over as quick as is manageable.

Agree with your military thinking 100%. I was lucky to have taken the winter survival and jungle survival courses in the military. Many of you during the Vietnam war in the Air Force probably went thru the sames courses, plus water survival at Homestead Air Force base at Turkey point. Actually I was involved at Turkey point for 2 years then transferred to bases overseas.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

Cases Deaths Serious Critical Recovered
144,363 /5,403 /5,915 /60 /70,864

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I have to say MIM that you were correct in what to expect.

I want to personally thank you for showing me what could, would, and did happen with the run on the stores here.

Because of you and many more here on ATS I did my bulk shopping weeks ago and now I am sitting in amazement of how my friends and people from my small town are acting. Someone shared on Facebook our local Walmart and I can tell you that it looks like a pack of wild dogs ravaged the place.

Because of the efforts here to warn and tell people what to expect, my family and I have been sitting on the couch watching Netflix and eating dinner, while the world has seemingly gone mad here.

I am telling people we are about 2 to 4 weeks behind the rest of the world, trying to get people to realize it's not necessarily the virus to watch out for.

I think my brother and his girlfriend finally got the slap in the face today that I have been warning them about.

Thanks again and keep the updates coming.
edit on 13-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join