It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It’s crazy that “it’s just the flu” people are still out there .
edit on 21-3-2020 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23
New York City and L A are going to dramatically reduce the amount of people they test so these numbers will drop. That will probably give Americans a false sense of security at a time when we need people to slow the spread , and be afraid to overload the health care system .

This makes no sense.

The only way testing can provide a false sense of security is if they inflated the number of confirmed cases, and/or fudge the number of deaths (lower them), as that is what drops the CFR, which would make it appear to be less lethal.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
What is CFR?

Case fatality rate - aka the death rate.

I searched your 1.2% link for CFR and CFR doesn't appear on the link.
I couldn't find 1.2% searching the link either.

CFR is determined by diving the number of deaths by the number of confirmed cases.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

When our hospitals reach critical across the land I bet you disappear from these treads .

If they do, I'll unhappily admit I was wrong.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Rumor mill time, Sister (lives in Pasco County Florida) just said her delivery drivers are being told Tampa will be hit with Shelter in Place Monday.

After all the idiot spring breakers its not a surprise to me.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
38.3% of world's total fatalities is Italy's

Huge!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Huge!

But what is their CFR??

Someone here can tell us I’m sure 👍

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Huge!

But what is their CFR??

9.01% according to bnonews.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mamana12

Huge!

But what is their CFR??

Can you please explain that number to me tanstaafl with your expertise in CFR.

Thanks !

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Stoke Sentinel

Great, 10 minute drive from me. 73 year old man with underlying health conditions died at the Royal Stoke University Hospital, Stoke-on-Trent, UK, on Thursday 19th March.

At this point, I've had to take a step back from talking with most friends and family. Aside from 1 friend in London and my daughter, it seems that nobody is taking it seriously, it's just a joke to them. Everyone's of the opinion that it's nothing and if they get it it's no big deal. Maybe it will be no big deal for them, but will it be for the people they live with and anyone else they come into contact with? Will it be a big deal to them if they're taken into hospital when there are no beds, and someone else is refused treatment so that they can live?

My mum, (they finally decided to cancel their holiday to Ibiza) is supposed to be self-isolating due to a myriad of serious health problems including having beaten cancer a couple years ago. I spoke to her yesterday and she let slip that she'd taken a trip to Tesco as she was fed up and it's too difficult to stay at home. And according to her, a vaccine has been developed so we'll all be fine anyway

A friend (late 30s) who is now working from home due to being in the high risk category is heading off to visit her boyfriend an hours drive away. She said if we go into lockdown then she'll get a taxi home

Another friend (early 20s, perfectly healthy) messaged me this morning asking me what kind of easter eggs me and my daughter like, with a picture showing he was in the local shopping centre. I told him that I hoped he wasn't thinking of getting us any as I'd be angry if he turned up at my house. He laughed and said that there's no need to worry as I have disinfectant.

I told both friends in the group chat that there aren't many people who I care about that actually care about me and I don't want to lose any of them. They laughed and said I'm not going to lose anyone. I told them to tell me that again in 6 months.

I can't and won't tell anyone what to do and how to behave (except to stay the # away from me and my daughter) but I don't want to see the selfishness and careless risk taking from those I love anymore, hence me stepping back from everyone

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mamana12

Huge!

But what is their CFR??

8.3.. but close enough.. =/

www.cebm.net...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
France Numbers in, worst day so far :

14,459 Total Cases
+1,847 Cases today
562 Total Deaths
+112 Deaths today.

www.worldometers.info...

and

Life feed at 19h14 :

www.20minutes.fr...
edit on 21-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

From the same live feed at 19h30 :

Curfew in action in the entire 'Alpes-Maritimes' Department, from 22h tonight, until 5h tomorrow morning.
This will be in place every night until the 31st March, and may be prolonged.
(People still aren't fully respecting the 'Stay at Home' Notice)
edit on 21-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

What is CFR?

CFR is determined by diving the number of deaths by the number of confirmed cases.
Source?
Other statistics I saw came from closed cases, including the source you linked to.
If the case is not closed, the outcome isn't known yet.

edit on 2020321 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

His posts in this thread and others on the board has not aged well. The ones before him stopped embarrassing themselves weeks ago.

Reminds me of those stubborn locals in my town who live on the island who are told to evacuate because a cat 4 hurricane is coming, and don’t saying it’s not gonna be that bad. We know how the story concludes.

Besides the disease does not have to kill you to ruin your life.
edit on 21-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

His posts in this thread and others on the board has not aged well. The ones before him stopped embarrassing themselves weeks ago.

Reminds me of those stubborn locals in my town who live on the island who are told to evacuate because a cat 4 hurricane is coming, and don’t saying it’s not gonna be that bad. We know how the story concludes.

Besides the disease does not have to kill you to ruin your life.

Exactly! People will be losing their parents or loved ones. Financially people will be ruined forever .
Some people will get the virus and live but lose a big % of their lungs functions .

Lots of people with these “mild” symptoms will have their life ruined in one way or another . This is a human tragedy that has a great ability to affect every human . The wordS “ world depression” are already be muttered.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Medical dr. Raising alarm in NYC, in regards to masks etc. 🤦‍♂️ We do not have enough protection. People getting issued one mask etc. anyhow I felt I should share current conditions.

TWITTER

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Medical dr. Raising alarm in NYC, in regards to masks etc. 🤦‍♂️ We do not have enough protection. People getting issued one mask etc. anyhow I felt I should share current conditions.

TWITTER

Vice President Pence said 100s of millions of mask on the way. Does the flow begin tomorrow or will it take weeks or months ?

No clue how many ventilators are being produced in the USA right now, but it’s probably trivial because I’m guessing the personnel to run them is an even lower number .

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

He said 'weeks' - meanwhile, thanks to his emphasizing that we are on day 6 of the "14 days to slow the spread" campaign, he has everyone thinking they are going back to work in 9 days!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

"Soon."
But in the meantime they should take the time to sanitize and reuse what they have.

edit on 3/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

What is CFR?

The acronyms also can reference a "Crude Fatality Rate". Dont get them confused.

Without knowing the true number affected/infected and true reported causes of death; using stats will mean next to nothing until the epidemic is close to completion.....as...

Current comparisons do not consider a sliding "t"=time.....among many other facts.

I reccomend this link I posted earlier this month...I suggest reading through the paper entirely to make any more assumed "math" comments.

Oxford Acedemic

Now consider adding in at least two known strains. One known now as deadlier than the other...

Mg

edit on 03530202America/Chicago21_2America/Chicagopm by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join