It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 187
<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
how long will Americans do this and not push back with force?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

Long enough.

But keep hoping, that revolution is bound to happen some time. It's been just about to happen for a while now.

edit on 3/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear
I reccomend this link I posted earlier this month...I suggest reading through the paper entirely to make any more assumed "math" comments.

Oxford Acedemic
Thanks for that source, it explains exactly what seems to be the error in tanstaafl's CFR calculations:

"simple estimates of the case fatality ratio obtained from these reports can be misleading if, at the time of analysis, the outcome is unknown for a nonnegligible proportion of patients."

It seems as if tanstaafl is using cases where a huge portion of the outcomes are still unknown to make calculations.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968
NY Update below:

Lock downs are the only chance we have of preventing a catastrophe through the entire Western world. Numbers are running wild across Europe and the USA.

Yeah, I know. I just don't know how it would possibly be enforced and I think there would be serious resistance. Actually I'm surprised there hasn't been any problems yet.

I see we've bumped past the 11000 mark since my last update at noon:
www.worldometers.info...

edit on 21-3-2020 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
US numbers keep increasing :

24,142 Total cases
+4,759 Cases today, second only to Italy
288 Total deaths
+32 Deaths today.

www.worldometers.info...

Also, France is has voted a "State of Sanitary Emergency" which allows for the restriction of movement, confinement, to restrict the progress of the Virus.
This is applicable for a two month period, from the moment it becomes Law.

20h50 from live feed :

www.20minutes.fr...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
a reply to: ARM1968

Lock downs are the only chance we have of preventing a catastrophe through the entire Western world. Numbers are running wild across Europe and the USA.

Yeah, I know. I just don't know how it would possibly be enforced and I think there would be serious resistance. Actually I'm surprised there hasn't been any problems yet.

It’s still early in the “game”. When the people start feeling the squeeze (no money to buy food/pay bills, repos etc), and start getting backed into a corner, dog teeth come out.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Ugh. Though overall I thought the press conference today could inspire some hope, that comment that you just highlighted about 'we are on day 6' wasn't good.

We need 14 - 20 MORE DAYS before anyone can start talking like that, IMHO. That was the actual low point, but otherwise I can hope they are trying very hard, and all the industrial grade N95 masks now allowed to be repurposed for hospital use is a big step forward, among some other positive though smaller steps too.

This is going to be rough, and my estimate is that the average citizen of the US and Western world at a minimum will know 2 people who die from this, but it CAN be turned around. I hope. Ugh truly.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Bigger numbers coming out of turkey, looks like they've officially joined the party too.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

The less intelligent Americans will already be pushing back .. the average, it will be a bit more. The smartest ones? Maybe a bit longer still …. IMHO

There is a window of opportunity here for action from the Federal Government, and it must rather quickly show SOME results, or else, like with human nature anywhere, there will be unruliness and chaos to come.
edit on 21-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Yup. It's going to be an interesting road.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: elitegamer23

"Soon."
But in the meantime they should take the time to sanitize and reuse what they have.

We did have a surplus of unused ventilators and they are probably preparing all of them for use. Sadly it isn’t even close to enough for what we will be needing.

The hospital my mom works at is currently 3D printing parts to repair some ventilators on hand .

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

There seems to be a disconnect with FEMA getting the PPE reserves to the field. Communication breakdown? Logistics? Should be resolved "soon."

In the meantime, sanitize those masks and reuse them. Sounds impractical but you gotta do.
edit on 3/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

"Soon."
But in the meantime they should take the time to sanitize and reuse what they have.

We did have a surplus of unused ventilators and they are probably preparing all of them for use. Sadly it isn’t even close to enough for what we will be needing.

The hospital my mom works at is currently 3D printing parts to repair some ventilators on hand .

Rough estimate of ny tally serious to critical cases at 18% they will need about 2000 ICU in the next few days. As of right now, number keeps going up.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

There seems to be a disconnect with FEMA getting the PPE reserves to the field. Communication breakdown? Logistics? Should be resolved "soon."

In the meantime, sanitize those masks and reuse them. Sounds impractical but you gotta do.

If you took all the PPE from unnecessary factories and business in the USA you could buy yourself a little more time for our medical personnel. This won’t happen but it’s an option. Of course the tax payers could reimburse said businesses for their help .

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
New York is on a bumpy ride, First hit has started!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
New York is on a bumpy ride, First hit has started!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Medical dr. Raising alarm in NYC, in regards to masks etc. 🤦‍♂️ We do not have enough protection. People getting issued one mask etc. anyhow I felt I should share current conditions.

TWITTER

Pretty much the way things happened in Italy.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Here’s why Florida got all the emergency medical supplies it requested while other states did not

On March 11, Florida requested a cache of emergency supplies from the federal government to protect its medical workers against the novel coronavirus. Three days later, the state got everything it wanted. Other states had only tiny slivers of their requests fulfilled, including some that had asked for them earlier than Florida. Oregon and Oklahoma received only about 10%; New Jersey got less than 6%.

While it may appear like the federal government is playing favorites, federal officials said their decisions were based on their best assessment of relative needs. HHS told states this week that it is giving out 25% of the stockpile to states according to population size, and sending another 25% strategically to states with the most severe outbreaks, which can be used for needs such as testing passengers on cruise ships brought back to shore. The remaining 50% will be held in “strategic reserve,” to be used if there’s a huge spike of critical needs around the country. The inability of the United States to deploy widespread testing for the coronavirus has further complicated how the supplies are being apportioned because health officials do not have a complete picture of where the virus is circulating most widely. But many states, worried that their case counts are about to soar and their hospitals will be swamped, have been unsatisfied with their allotment

There is no set formula for how to distribute stockpiled goods in a disaster, but this crisis will place an unprecedented strain on America’s backup supply system.

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 21-3-2020 by pasiphae because: to add headline

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Doctors and nurses at hospitals in Spain are taping garbage bags to their arms in hopes of protecting themselves against contracting the novel coronavirus, Bloomberg reported. As more people around the world are being admitted into hospitals, medical workers are being forced to ration their protective gear. Marcia Santini, a registered nurse at an emergency room in California, told Business Insider, "We need to keep our healthcare workers healthy, and if they get sick, that would collapse the healthcare system." But that's proving hard to do with limited protective equipment. A note written in marker on a box of procedure masks in Southern California hospital states that each staff member is allotted one mask for the entirety of their shift. At a Barcelona hospital, a lack of high-protection masks is leading to doctors and nurses stacking two less-protective surgical masks on top of one another.

Doctors and nurses in Spain are taping garbage bags to their bodies for protection against the novel coronavirus as supplies dwindle

Do what ya gotta do.

<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join