It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
"We're pleading - please stay indoors" - A&E Dr Al called 5 Live Nolan.

We're pleading - please stay indoors" - A&E Dr Al called 5 Live Nolan.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueSwan

I 100% agree with you on the points of trying to inform friends and family and not having them taking you seriously. My husband and my father are all staying away from everyone and doing our best at social distancing/staying home and doing our part. My mother on the other hand who lives in another town was out shopping at the hardware store and going out to lunch giving people a hard time over wearing masks and gloves (yes she is one of those people) She just called me to tell me she is coming over tomorrow and bringing us more toilet paper "eyeroll" I straight up told her NOT to come to my house and then lied and said I had a stomach virus. She thinks that covid 19 is only in major cities and we have nothing to worry about.

Does anyone know how long a person can drag out having a stomach virus for? Asking for a friend

Update to stay on topic : www.wjhl.com...
The Tennessee Department of Health Saturday reported 371 cases of the COVID-19 coronavirus in Tennessee. That is 143 up from yesterday.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Andrew Siff
@andrewsiff4NY
·
23h
NEW: #NYPD will be asked to help enforce #SocialDistanacing at Grocery stores amid concerns about crowding in #coronavirusnewyork response. #nbc4ny

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

The Government has/had reserves. A program initiated by the Clinton administration.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
New Orleans jail medical staffer tests positive for coronavirus, raising fears about further spread

A medical staffer at the New Orleans jail has tested positive for the novel coronavirus, officials confirmed Saturday, underscoring inmates’ fears that the disease could quickly spread among the hundreds of people incarcerated at the massive facility. Orleans Parish Sheriff Marlin Gusman’s office didn’t immediately release details on when the staffer tested positive, or whether they had contact with inmates at the facility in the days since COVID-19 was first detected in Louisiana on March 9. However, the Sheriff’s Office general counsel did acknowledge that a staffer tested positive, confirming rumors that have been circulating among inmates and staffers for at least a day.

www.nola.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Is there any standard or common math right now as to how this is spreading. Could anyone better at math than me give me a ballpark figure if there are 2 in my county now how many will there be next Friday?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Remember, that is 2 positive tests. That doesn't mean there are only 2 cases. There is not enough information to make a projection based on that number.

Do you know if those two cases are "community spread" or travel related? That's an important factor to pay attention to.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Doctors in Russia are accusing the government of covering up its coronavirus outbreak and denying them protective equipment

A doctors' union in Russia accused authorities of disguising the extent of the country's coronavirus outbreak.

The head of the Alliance of Doctors trade union said in a video that officials were classifying coronavirus deaths as pneumonia deaths.

The video also alleged that doctors were being made to treat patients without protective gear, risking spreading the virus further. Hospital officials have strongly denied the claims and suggested that the union leader was trying to discredit the medical profession in Russia.

So far, Russian officials have said there are about 250 coronavirus infections and one death in the population of about 145 million.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
They aren’t giving us that kind of information anymore unfortunately. I know there is wide community spread in an adjoining county (36 confirmed cases)
ETA: that county just updated to 42
edit on 21-3-2020 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

If you are dealing with family members with idle hands or you are unable to get your hands on breathers, people are being encouraged to make their own. Truth is, the size of this particular strain of virus is very small .04-.08 microns. Lots of miss information circulating from the original efforts to discourage the public from hording the proper respirators, so the size is often misquoted as 400nm. Regardless, wearing a mask is the ideal way of reducing transmission, as many who are infected don't even know they are passing it along.

With that said. There are patterns out there for simple homemade masks.

Here is one. Takes about an hour to make. Suggested material is cotton, non micro fiber bed sheets, old tshirts etc. People are cutting up vacuum cleaner bags and using them as filter inserts. The result is washable face mask. Protection is far from ideal, but it will reduce the amount of inoculant during an exposure incident, which has proven to increase the survivability of those infected.

www.craftpassion.com...

AX

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The Government has/had reserves. A program initiated by the Clinton administration.
en.wikipedia.org...

I saw a number of ventilators in storage in the USA and it wasn’t even enough to cover what NY Is saying they will need .

Stay strong people !!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Alphasan

You can make a mask out of your air conditioner filter if you have to..

Crazy times folks. Stay healthy..

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The reserves are definitely not enough, but provide small cushion of time before production can ramp up. But they don't do any good until they are in the field.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

There isn't a lot of reason for the public to wear masks.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
39-year-old found dead in her kitchen — her coronavirus test from four days earlier still had not come back

On Friday, Natasha Ott was found dead in her kitchen — her coronavirus test from Monday had still not come back. Her story was recounted by NOLA.com. “On March 10, Natasha Ott, 39, felt the beginnings of a cold coming on. She had a slight fever,” NOLA reported. “Crescent Care, her employer, had only a handful of tests for the new strain of coronavirus on hand; she initially passed on the chance to take one, after being told she was low-risk for the serious disease,” the publication explained.“When her symptoms didn’t shake, she did take the test on Monday. By Thursday, she felt ‘something in her lungs,’ she told longtime partner Josh Anderson,” the story continued. “On Friday, Anderson found Ott dead in her kitchen,” NOLA reported. “Her test results have still not come back.”“She could have gotten a test last Friday, but they only had five tests, and she didn’t want to use one of them,” he explained..

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Perhaps, safety blanket, or keep there germs they are exhaling to themselves. 🤷‍♂️

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

There is because it can hang in the air for 3 hours.

link:

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Your homemade mask ain't gonna cut it.

If you are healthy, there is not thought to be any additional benefit to wearing a mask yourself because the mask is not airtight and does not necessarily prevent breathing in of these viral particles, which are very tiny,"

"Most people who do not work in a health care setting have not received training on how to put on and take off the masks properly. Doing this incorrectly can actually increase your risk of infection. Also, people who are wearing masks tend to touch their face more than those who are not, which can paradoxically result in an increased risk of infection as well," says Dr. Rajapakse.

newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
39-year-old found dead in her kitchen — her coronavirus test from four days earlier still had not come back

On Friday, Natasha Ott was found dead in her kitchen — her coronavirus test from Monday had still not come back. Her story was recounted by NOLA.com. “On March 10, Natasha Ott, 39, felt the beginnings of a cold coming on. She had a slight fever,” NOLA reported. “Crescent Care, her employer, had only a handful of tests for the new strain of coronavirus on hand; she initially passed on the chance to take one, after being told she was low-risk for the serious disease,” the publication explained.“When her symptoms didn’t shake, she did take the test on Monday. By Thursday, she felt ‘something in her lungs,’ she told longtime partner Josh Anderson,” the story continued. “On Friday, Anderson found Ott dead in her kitchen,” NOLA reported. “Her test results have still not come back.”“She could have gotten a test last Friday, but they only had five tests, and she didn’t want to use one of them,” he explained..

www.rawstory.com...

On the noon news locally today, as well as last night, they said they fully expected that police and first responders had been exposed to a very high degree.

I posted something earlier, as to the distribution of positive testing and experiencing meaningful sickness, here in New Orleans, and the possible massive interruption/ceasing of societal functioning. New Orleans was cited as being a per capita hotspot, and it's looking like in the worst possible ways, as to the needed, essential workers exposed and/or infected.

Stay safe and regards,
tetra50

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Unless you work in close proximity to the public (within 6 feet), masks are not necessary and masks should be distributed to higher risk workers such as

Medical
Police/fire/EMS
In-home repair personnel
Flight attendants

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join