It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Funny you mention Denver airport, I was thinking about that recently especially those dark paintings - the one with the soldier in the gas mask! I remember seeing those paintings years ago and being so freaked.
a reply to: MotherMayEye

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If people actually considered the implications of children and wether they had the resources and time to cope with them, things would be easier for society. Not a popular opinion i know.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey

It certainly comes across that way hence the panic buying, I’m not too keen on the herd immunity approach myself... I guess it work work but a lot will pass away, that’s my worry with underlying illnesses and I think a lot of the general public are forgetting that diabetes, asthma, COPD and heart conditions along with others are within the list of vulnerable people for this virus.

I’m really not sure how this will go quite honestly.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: FamCore
My state is keeping schools open even though we have active cases here... and also my own company (200 employees) and many, many others have all asked employees to work remotely (if at all)

so schools = open, many businesses = closed for 2 weeks

Then schools will want to close for multiple weeks once businesses want to re-open.

This is so stupid of our local government.

All day I was in unannounced spontaneous CV meetings for business continuity and contingency plans. Talking about how many employees who don't perform when remote will result in termination once the data comes in. Crazy frickin day to say the least... pissed my local government appears to be dropping the ball also

Terminated? Nice... What if they have sick family they have to tend to?

The world revolves around money I guess.

I work for a startup that is reporting to all of their investors & taking directives from Board of Directors - I don't have any say in those decisions whatsoever. They've dumped many millions into this company to try to get it to be a "big thing" and will do whatever it takes to try to make sure it gets profitable so they can sell it and bail (classic pump & dump startup model...)

It's sad, I know but that's how things go in this type of industry.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Clinicallyinsnae

Look at what they do...not what they say.

Best advice I have ever seen on this forum.

DENY IGNORANCE
edit on 3/13/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Idaho reports first confirmed coronavirus case in the state

The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare confirmed the state’s first case of the novel coronavirus on Friday afternoon.

COVID-19, the coronavirus disease that emerged in China in 2019, is caused by a new type of coronavirus. Gov. Brad Little and state health officials will hold a news conference on the case at 5 p.m. Friday.

Source

Only Montana and West Virginia remain without positive tests.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Illinois has shut down schools until the end of the month.

I'm all good with that. The schools around here needed shut down weeks ago. These kids are just passing around all kinds of sicknesses.

Cuomo here in NY is refusing to. He did however roll back the 180 day rule and said it is up to the school districts. He said it is too hard to implement state wide.

Other states are doing it, how hard is it to say "close them"?

I believe he will.

I could be political suicide if it backfires.

My kids are done for at least 2 weeks anyway. We had the full support of the district supervisor, all principals and teachers. It was quite surprising really.

I just hate to see the schools act as little incubators, and the kids take it home to elderly relatives. I say the sooner it is done, the better, and hopefully Cuomo realizes that.

I am glad to hear that they were on board with your decision.

I sent you a message in your inbox.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
From BBC Live Feed :
- 23h19 : First Death announced in Colorado (US Total up to 47).
- 23h23 : US reaches 'Relief Package Deal'

www.bbc.com...
edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The UK government is planning to introduce emergency laws next week to ban mass gatherings in an attempt to curb the spread of coronavirus.

Link

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This is what worries me - the aim to get 60% infected but to do so on the way will bring unbelievable chaos to the country and NHS - i sort of understand herd immunity but only in the sense that for say measles - most of us are vaccinated and that protects someone that can't be vaccinated for it due to a health issue etc.
Letting it run rampant and hoping most of us become immune to a novel virus just seems risky. If it could work without huge numbers dying and the chaos (which i feel will happen) then great, but I can't see how exactly.
It seems a bold move to make when other countries are shutting down. I get that shutting down too soon could be detrimental to many things, but we haven't seen any containment or delay measures being put forward. Not even social distancing as far as I'm aware! That seems insane to me.
If we approach Italy's numbers we are in big trouble
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Coronavirus and the NBA: Child tests positive for COVID-19 after getting autographs at Jazz vs. Celtics game
A police chief says the young fan was at Celtics-Jazz game on March 6

Police in in Westerley, Rhode Island announced Friday that one of the two children in the town who had been recently diagnosed with coronavirus got an autograph from an NBA player on March 6. The autograph reportedly happened when the Utah Jazz visited the Boston Celtics.

Chief Shawn Lacey said in a press conference that one patient is in second grade while the other is a preschooler, according to the Providence Journal. The chief added that elementary school student, who had gone to the game in Boston, came in contact with a player who is confirmed to have contracted COVID-19. The other child had just come from a from a cruise to the Bahamas. Students and staff at Springbrook Elementary School, which the second grader attends, are on a two-week quarantine going forward, according to what officials told the Providence Journal.

Two players from the Utah Jazz have been confirmed to have coronavirus. After it was revealed that big man Rudy Gobert had contracted the virus, the NBA suspended the remainder of its regular season indefinitely. It later came out that 23-year-old shooting guard Donovan Mitchell had also gotten coronavirus.

So urce

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Norway seems to have imposed a ban on non-nationals from entering at Oslo Airport.

Foreign travellers from countries outside the Nordics arriving at Oslo airport will have to return home.

Guardian Live Feed at 10.57pm

Link

edit : Ireland also announcing people should exercise a "High degree of Caution" Before travelling to certain EU countries.

twitter.com...
edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
This is what worries me - the aim to get 60% infected but to do so on the way will bring unbelievable chaos to the country and NHS - i sort of understand herd immunity but only in the sense that for say measles - most of us are vaccinated and that protects someone that can't be vaccinated for it due to a health issue etc.
Letting it run rampant and hoping most of us become immune to a novel virus just seems risky. If it could work without huge numbers dying and the chaos (which i feel will happen) then great, but I can't see how exactly.
It seems a bold move to make when other countries are shutting down. I get that shutting down too soon could be detrimental to many things, but we haven't seen any containment or delay measures being put forward. Not even social distancing as far as I'm aware! That seems insane to me.

We still don't know for sure that there is any kind of immunity. There was re-infection in China.

I know that behind the scenes there are plans being laid. I have no doubt that schools will close. At the same time cinemas, pools, pubs etc. will likely close. I think part of the plan was to get Jo Public on board and not just us who are ahead of the curve.

I hope we don't see the army on our streets but reading between the lines. We might. Italy and Spain have police presence enforcing quarantine.

I don't like Boris. But I do believe he at least thinks he is being led by science. Scientists of course will disagree. The WHO think this can be contained based on China's model. But is that flawed?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I commend everything you have done to put together and continue this Update Thread.

All I can contribute is, and take it for what will, make a plan for yourselves and be aware of the Easter Weekend Holidays coming up in a few weeks.

Remember what Fox Mulder was told by Kurtzweil...

Kurtzweil: "The timetable has been set. It'll happen on a holiday, when people are away from their homes. The president will declare a state of emergency, at which time all government, all federal agencies will come under the power of the Federal Emergency Management Agency--FEMA--the secret government."

Be safe everyone

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

ANOTHER kid, family, town, community exposed because of probably the same guy as my town.

Congrats to the NBA SUPER SPREADERS.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Local news just said Congress and White House have reached a deal on the aid package. Looking for some details now. ( 45 minutes ago, apologies if it's been posted)

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 13-3-2020 by schmae because: looking for link

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
23h35 local time :

President Trump suspends all Cruises from USA.
Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and MSC have all accepted to halt cruises for 30 days.

www.20minutes.fr...

edit :
Eswatini (Formerly Swaziland) Has announced it's first case.

Guardian Live feed at 11.18pm :
Link
edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Contrary to Trump’s claim, Google is not building a nationwide coronavirus screening website
Instead, Verily is building a triage website just for the Bay Area

Google is not working with the US government in building a nationwide website to help people determine whether and how to get a novel coronavirus test, despite what President Donald Trump said in the course of issuing an emergency declaration for the coronavirus pandemic. Instead, a much smaller trial website made by another division of Alphabet, Google’s parent company, is going up. It will only be able to direct people to testing facilities in the Bay Area.

More than an hour after Trump’s press conference, a Google communications Twitter account passed along the following statement from Verily, which is a different company inside the Alphabet corporate umbrella:

We are developing a tool to help triage individuals for Covid-19 testing. Verily is in the early stages of development, and planning to roll testing out in the Bay Area, with the hope of expanding more broadly over time. We appreciate the support of government officials and industry partners and thank the Google engineers who have volunteered to be part of this effort.

Carolyn Wang, communications lead for Verily, told The Verge that the “triage website” was initially only going to be made available to health care workers instead of the general public. Now that it has been announced the way it was, however, anybody will be able to visit it, she said. But the tool will only be able to direct people to “pilot sites” for testing in the Bay Area, though Wang says Verily hopes to expand it beyond California “over time.”

The triage site should be put live within a few days, and it will be hosted at Project Baseline, the Verily website where people can sign up to take part in clinical trials. That’s a seemingly odd place for the triage tool to live, but Wang says that Project Baseline already has certain necessary tools like an informed consent agreement, so it makes sense to put it there.

As for the 1,700 Google engineers Trump referenced in the press conference, that appears to be related to a call for volunteers Google and Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai put out in a company-wide memo earlier this week.

In all, the difference between the reality of what is being built and what was promised during the press conference is very large.

Source

edit on 13-3-2020 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12

This is absolutely a real concern, and perhaps the way one country has "chosen" to handle it: herd immunity. What that necessarily means is 60% of the world population, that is : world population has to contract it for such a thing to happen.

And that is after whatever deaths occur due to waiting for this to happen.

Needless to add, IF it is contrived and released, it makes the whole thing extremely purposeful, predicated for all the attendant and aggregate reasons that have been thus far discussed. Like, I am still completely fluxed that there are people, even posting on this thread, who actually believe and think, that those living in poverty are doing so because they've elected to squander their possibilities on alcohol and drugs, and expect the "masses" to feed their children. LOLOL.

Stay safe,
tetra

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
23h35 local time :

President Trump suspends all Cruises from USA.
Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and MSC have all accepted to halt cruises for 30 days.

www.20minutes.fr...

edit :
Eswatini (Formerly Swaziland) Has announced it's first case.

Guardian Live feed at 11.18pm :
Link

It's about time we finally shut down the plague ships..

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join