It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 179
<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Hmm...i am concerned what happend to those people. 15 million is a lot people...

When we look the Wuhan web cam , there seems to be not much people. Maybe becouse they are dead ?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Her original number was 8.1 million, I think?
At that, I tried to rationalize it by thinking it was foreigners leaving China that helped to create that number.
After doing some searches and seeing that the number of foreigners wasn’t so terribly high (just over 1 million in 2018), I thought that she has shown us a scary problem.
With the number raised to 15 million... it is even more troubling.
I showed it to someone else, and he said, ‘If this is true, we are really effed.’

edit on b000000312020-03-21T05:39:22-05:0005America/ChicagoSat, 21 Mar 2020 05:39:22 -0500500000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

sigh - have you actually read your own source ??

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Hmm...i am concerned what happend to those people. 15 million is a lot people...

When we look the Wuhan web cam , there seems to be not much people. Maybe becouse they are dead ?

I've asked that question to a whole bunch of people, I get a blank face generally.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Update: Tokyo, March 21 , 2020 Saturday 8 pm

1. There now is more crime against the elderly here now in Tokyo. Over 45 cases have been reported. Around the country, I don't know.
2. Italy is now over 4000 deaths. (terrible )
3. No hysteria or panic here around the cherry blossom season (no group picnics allowed, but some people are viewing)
4. No food shortages
5. Employment in many industries are hurting (currently little or no financial aid is available, subject to change soon)
6. More than 10,000 rooms, including hotel rooms, will be converted to sickrooms at the Pentagon NY (not much info on this yet)
7. Maybe you guys know more about this: In connection with this, a photographer at the Washington Post, a leading U.S. newspaper, posted on Twitter a photo of the manuscript he had at hand at a press conference, and the manuscript being prepared had the word `` coronavirus '' It was reported that things had been rewritten as "Chinese virus" by hand, indicating that the President intentionally used the expression "Chinese virus".
8. In my opinion it may just be to difficult for the Olympics to take place on time: Here is what is being said: "The Tokyo Olympics should be postponed" President of the British Athletics Federation
9. A 19 year returning from overseas left the quarantine at Tokyo airport, test came in positive. She (but I thought it was a he ) flew back to Okinawa. (Thousands of people are going to be really pissed off at this person ) In my opinion... something to do with 3 passengers in the car in Okinawa. What should we do with people like that? It's going to happen more and more.
10. Who's report (March 20 , I think: 234100 cases of infection...Nearly 10,000 deaths... 179 countries now have the virus
11. 1031 people infected in Japan... 45 deaths reported

Seems like I can't post by Prefecture ( county) now. I guess they saw I was coping it. Oh, well.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Any new satellite images from Wuhan ?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Wow this is incredible.

Possible explanations for the disconnects:
• Can’t get out to pay bill b/c you’re welded in?
• Could the government have shut off the phones to quell dissent? There are a ton of pissed off ppl.

I saw earlier someone noted that maybe those that were infected or tested positive had their phones shut off. But even if that’s the case that’s still 100x (~200x @ 15mil) more infected than they’re reporting. What a truly PoS regime to keep this from the world. Think of the lives that could have been saved. Grr I’m so mad right now.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
asiatimes.com...
Iran flags 50 new coronavirus cases per hour

Iran is witnessing Covid-19 infection rates of 50 new cases per hour, while deaths are occurring every 10 minutes, a spokesman for the country’s health ministry announced in a tweet on Thursday.

“According to the latest data, 50 people in Iran are infected with Covid-19 almost every hour, and every 10 minutes, one person loses his life as a result of corona,” said Kianush Jahanpur, the head of the ministry’s public relations and information center.

In response to the growing pandemic, four Gulf Arab states have moved to send aid to Tehran, even as its regional rival Saudi Arabia and its vassal state of Bahrain have notably refrained.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: musicismagic

I would not be in NYC right now, or any big city. For the reasons I said. A metropolis is conducive, for this virus to spread. Everyone STOPPED talking about how this virus can spread asymptomatic. Bad people in cities will take advantage of the lockdowns and people will turn violent when hospitals are over run. We are not Italy or China. UK needs to pay attention also, there government passed a law where the infected can be arrested. 🤷‍♂️ Stay vigilant.

If the infected are now to be arrested, then there needs to be facilities available to test surely? It’s not like drink driving where you can be sure that if you’ve had a drink you’ll score. If you can have CV with no symptoms then how can you be sure whether you do or don’t have it? Maybe it’s more if you have symptoms and you break self isolation they’ll do this-will have to check.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   

OR...

Living poor and paycheck to paycheck...AND can not pay their bill.....hmmmm.

Perhaps the rest of the planet gets under the "US Bad" microscope....no?

I am concerned Wuhan lifted the interior province closures, but no outside provincial and city travel...
This is not over, not 'doom spreadding' and refer:
20 month old child testing positive (SCMN) the opposite with a hope to equilibrium.

Hong Kong producing new cases this morning...no way China produces zero new (last I read)...

Wuhan begins to take down checkpoints

Mg

edit on 03145353America/Chicago21_6America/Chicagoam by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey

You have far too much faith in goverment, rest assured they care for more about themselves than they do us...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
To all of the naysayers, I understand your frustration with the response. To some, it can be very confusing given numbers here, deaths etc. Let me try and paint with a broader brush and see if this makes sense.

That said, think of it this way. There are a couple of paths that can be taken.

1- We shut down significantly and slow the rate of infection.

Let's just say for silly, ridiculous argument's sake that it only kills people over 80...as in zero below that. It definitely requires hospitalization for 15-20% who get it and we are definitely not prepared to deal with that even now. slowing it down will keep people from having to die in the street if they get in a car accident or have a heart attack or cancer etc. Ask Italy. They converted almost all of their facilities to deal with this.

This is scenario one, slowing it down. It will be costly to the economy and personal financial hardship for many, but relatively orderly and with some kind of relief package(s)

2- We close nothing and let it rip through society. Again, lets pretend that it only kills people over 80 ...period because ...dumb. Still 15-20% need hospitalization to keep them from dying. This overwhelms hospitals to the point that pretty much any kind of medical need is ignored including a vast number of CCP Virus patients who, by the way, have just as much right to medical care. People start dying outside hospitals. Hospital workers can't come to work because conditions were ripe for mass exposure.

It gets super bad to where families have to quit work to deal with family members who can't be hospitalized. People refuse to go to work because they don't want to infect their elderly parents, friends and relatives. People get really really scared about going out and quit shopping, start hoarding and start getting restless. Let's face it, anyone with a brain pulls their money out of the stock market regardless. No relief bill because nothing was shut down.

But...everything starts to shut down anyway due to fear and panic. Except this time it's uncontrolled and lacks any leadership or guidance so people really panic. in 4 months are you really better off? Did your stock market maintain itself? Was the economy really salvaged? i am not so sure the result would be so rosy as people imagine.

That said, put the blame where it lies, not your govt or people's panic. Everyone deals with things out of their control differently. This is the CCP Virus. They delayed this information for months so they could attempt to save face while the responses from the other countires could have been much more measured and managed. The CCP alone is to blame for where the world sits today. We have all seen what a couple of weeks does. Hang tight people.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Wooof NY over the 8403 mark. This is getting crazy. Last night it was just over 7000.

Sorry for the big pic, the thumb nail doesn't seem to be working. Message I keep getting is " Not found on server."

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

OR...

I am concerned Wuhan lifted the interior province closures, but no outside provincial and city travel...
20 month old child testing positive (SCMN) the opposite with a hope to equilibrium.

Hong Kong producing new cases this morning...no way China produces zero new (last I read)...

Mg

Why is we it see pretty much a ghost town in wuhan on the live cams ?
edit on 21-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Which site are you guys watching primarily for outbreak information? I was using the one from John Hopkins, but noticed a significant difference with WHO?
WHO says just over 10,000 in US Hopkins says almost 20,000.
edit on 6amf31175731 by waftist because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: CthruU

So makes you wonder, is this the real number dead, brings the lockdowns/concerns into perspective and brings the "actions" into perspective.

Does it not.

Is this total service users? The link below says China Mobile 5G users increased by 9m from January to February. Do the figures below include 5G? Or could the reduction be the shift to a 5G service?

www.rcrwireless.com...

link   

exponential growth

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

OR...

Mg

Read the person I responded towards post first...then check your reply.

Way too much 'kneejerk' here ATM...thanks!

EDIT: Would help to read the links I placed as supporting...

Mg
edit on 03225151America/Chicago21_6America/Chicagoam by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

OR...

Mg

Read the person I responded towards post first...then check your reply.

Way too much 'kneejerk' here ATM...thanks!

Mg

Yep oops sorry, I'm drunk and sticking to my story...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

exponential growth

#....this isn't slowing down is it...

top topics

<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join