It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
corona in Spanish means crown, so you could say she's the "reigning queen" of Uruguay atm, bestowing knighthood upon the plebes.

a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Sheesh !
What would be the correct Term for the "Typhoid Mary" for Coronavirus/COVID19 ?

edit on 19-3-2020 by hades84 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2020 by hades84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If anyone wants to see into the future, read THIS article.

Now, when you've got to the bit about reaching half a billion cases, and the date projected, which I more or less agree with based upon my own work, then understand that it is a mere 2-3 weeks beyond that before the figure exceeds the number of people in the world.

If you want to live in ignorant bliss, then don't do any of that.

Just understand that this guys work back then has pretty much panned out so far... so his estimates are going to be pretty close.

If you think it can be stopped in this time frame, or a cure found, made, distributed, administrated, well.... would you like a McNothing McBreakfast?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: saladfingers123456

People back in thread 1 were telling TDawg to stuff it and stop with the b.s. and now here we are with countries not doing enough fast enough. US isn't testing in mass and people are still saying it's not going to be a big deal that governments are overreacting (when they aren't doing nearly enough). We are headed for what he told us.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Inside a Bergamo (Lombardy) hospital on Sky News
It looks like a great hospital, and is apparently one of the best in Europe - and it is at breaking point.
Also, even in Wuhan we never saw those headcover things for any patients - they look like something out of a sci fi film
In fact, real life is like a film at the moment, it's hard to believe what I am seeing.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hawaii count rose by 10 to 26.
All still considered travel related.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Mmmm. The thing is, I can understand it. It's like betting against everything you know... like "how could all of this possibly come to an end? preposterous!" ...I still struggle to wrap my head around what is happening myself, even after everything I've heard, seen and contemplated.

But yet, right here, on the cusp of extreme case acceleration, with things happening that a few weeks ago would be unthinkable, it still feels incredibly unreal. But at the same time, it feels even more unreal to me that there are people still going about their business. I have to think that maybe they are just in a state of acceptance and just want to enjoy normality. It is as reasonable response as hiding away from some perspectives. Knowing the right thing to do is difficult to fathom. It is clear that nothing will be the same beyond this, and that is about all I know.

I think the worst approach is to come on here and deny it. If you think it is nothing, I'd go and enjoy life and not look back.
Ignore or not. I just think that if you really followed this thread... narrative... correctly, you can't deny it. But it is all material, and there is more to existence than that... and that is where I draw my hope from.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

Holy phuc. I suppose that is why my hospital is planning to call all staff for a (video) teleconference on 'volunteer granting of emergency privileges', so that we can all work in the emergency room if needed, regardless of whichever area / specialty area in which we were working previously. I guess I 'get it' after seeing that video. Thanks.

edit on 19-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Inside a Bergamo (Lombardy) hospital on Sky News
It looks like a great hospital, and is apparently one of the best in Europe - and it is at breaking point.
Also, even in Wuhan we never saw those headcover things for any patients - they look like something out of a sci fi film
In fact, real life is like a film at the moment, it's hard to believe what I am seeing.
www.youtube.com...

Yeah, that video pretty much sums it up... Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hades84
corona in Spanish means crown, so you could say she's the "reigning queen" of Uruguay atm, bestowing knighthood upon the plebes.

a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Sheesh !
What would be the correct Term for the "Typhoid Mary" for Coronavirus/COVID19 ?

There is a Saint Corona....Look her up but be prepared to be dumfounded and shocked at the same time.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
Some nice tips:

Take your temperature with a thermometer twice a day—once in the morning and once in the evening—to monitor for low-grade temperature elevation (>99.9°F, >37.7°C).

Note that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to list a temperature of 100.4°F (38°C) as a criterion for suspected COVID-19 infection, but low-grade fevers are frequent in the early stages of illness.

Man, I dunno. How many of these thermometers that we can get at the local drug store are going to have a better margin of error than plus or minus 1 percent? 98.6 degrees F plus one percent of error is only 99.6 degrees F.

Sorry I am now nearly 50 pages behind, I think. Losing ground fast!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Karyotype

originally posted by: billjenkins589

originally posted by: elitegamer23

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
It's really hard to believe the chinese deaths are only 3k when the italy deaths are also 3k.

Even in the USA the people in charge in certain states are fluffing the numbers by not allowing mass testing.

We can only hope that China’s numbers from today are true . It gives hope that the right intervention can have a positive impact on the spread of this virus . If China all of a sudden finds themselves overwhelmed with a second wave of sick, that isn’t good for any of us .

China has only tested around 350,000 - 400,000 people, out of 57,000,000 'quarantined'.
Over 80,000 came back positive.
Over 3000 dead.

Out of ONLY 350,000-400,000 tested. Over 15% infected.
Think maybe they ran out of tests?

The numbers do not suggest any type of containment or mitigation, especially when the rest of the worlds numbers seem to be running close percentages.

This testing burst that the US is about to undergo is designed to hopefully make Chinas numbers look wrong so that the mortality and infection rate will SEEM lower.

I guess I don't understand so would you explain to me please. I thought if more folks were tested we would have a more accurate numbers of fatality rate, infections etc. I do not understand how more testing will make the mortality and infection rate SEEM lower. If there is more testing then the numbers will be more accurate, regardless of which way it goes, the numbers will not SEEM to be anything.

BREAKING: Percent of Deaths from the Coronavirus Compared to Deaths from the flu in the US reach 0.7%

Sure. By ' testing' only the most rural areas.[figure out where it isn't and concentrate 'testing' there] For it to work as you say would require 'everyone' to be tested.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I think it will be stopped, the results from the anti malaria drug and zinc has been known about for a month or so. I think in a week of so street booths will be set up to give people a dose before they show symptoms as the toxicity is low. Go to about 17 mins. in.

If this doesn't happen then their has to be a reason why not?

edit on 19-3-2020 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
NC cases up to 137, +30 overnight in the Mecklenburg County (Charlotte) area. Governor just said to expect schools to be closed "awhile" longer than the initial date of March 30.

Mecklenburg County jail had one inmate test positive, so now approx 80 "non-violent" inmates are being released early. Petitions are being circulated to release more.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Karyotype
Dr. Fauci’s Mysterious Math – The Quantifying Today Reflects Where We Were A Week Ago – Today Cannot Be Quantified Until Next Week…

♦ STRESS LEVEL – The healthcare ‘system’ per se, is expending an awful lot of time on mitigation efforts. As Dr. Brix noted: the current negative test rate for coronavirus among those showing symptoms who are tested is 98 to 99 percent. That means of all the people taking coronavirus tests, 98/99 out of 100 are symptomatic (they are sick) but they are not infected with coronavirus. They are normal flu cases.

Our healthcare “system” is expending an incredible amount of resources on a mitigation effort. According to Dr. Brix and the test results 99 percent of those mitigation efforts are not engaging with coronavirus. They are dealing with regular flu (perhaps a strong flu).

If you extract the mitigation effort from the overall effort, the current stress level on the healthcare system doesn’t seem to be overwhelming. What is stressing the system is a coronavirus mitigation effort with a rate of 99 percent testing negative.

Full Article

So? Do it, dammit! Otherwise that one percent you miss by not "wasting your time" by not testing anyone will becoming 100 percent infected before we know it!

IMHO.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I know, it is a shock.
I have seen so many chinese videos much like all you guys on here but for some reason that was a real wake up.
This has been shared a little on Facebook, but not much randomly. So many were shocked and had NO IDEA this virus often results in pneumonia. I was so surprised people didn't know, but I think the media have been very good at hiding the details about it. Seeing a video like that, in a clean, well equipped hospital makes you realise that if it can happen there it will happen everywhere and also what about the countries that don't have such good hospitals?
Worried that the government (UK) keep ignoring the Italian doctors begging us to do more such as official lockdowns to stop the spread.

This really angers me, I understand the implications of a lockdown on business, but to be honest, there won't be much business now anyway as many are hiding at home or not buying due to financial worries or working from home, not as much frivolous spending etc so may as well do it. At least if it's mandatory then more people will comply! Too many people don't realise the implications of this. And the effect it will have further down the line in hospitals. We all know this on here of course, the severe knock on effect to everything - if you attend A&E (ER) with a heart attack or RTA you won't receive the same level of treatment as everyone is too busy.
It's a disaster of epic proportions and is replicated across the world.
It's tragic.

a reply to: Fowlerstoad

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

It astounds me, that for the first time ever, a cure has been found for a completely novel virus in the space of weeks... and yet, all others (other viruses) seem to roll on with no cure. How could that be possible?

Either cures are easy to find for viruses, and thus, all other viruses are allowed to roll on for profit (Yes, very likely)
Or they already had this cure before they allowed the virus out, in order to change society...
Or, they got incredibly lucky.

All very fishy if you ask me... doesn't it strike anyone else as extremely fishy which ever way you slice it? :/
edit on 19-3-2020 by saladfingers123456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If CV19 antibody tests were widely available, and if mild cases develop at least a temporary immunity,
we would now who can safely go back to work.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
LA Lockdown

LOS ANGELES MAYOR ERIC GARCETTI ANNOUNCES A STAY-AT-HOME ORDER EFFECTIVE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT, CALLING TODAY “A MOMENT WHEN EVERYTHING CHANGED.

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

It astounds me, that for the first time ever, a cure has been found for a completely novel virus in the space of weeks
No cure has been found. There has been an encouraging test but it was very limited in scope. Since it is for a drug already on the market and known to be safe, the FDA has approved it for experimental treatment of COVID19. The announcement was made at this morning's White House briefing.
edit on 3/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think similar thoughts
I can't decide what I think about it right now, whether it's a planned catastrophe or just a natural random event
or escaped bioweapon/released bioweapon
Maybe i'm having a data overload.

One thing I have thought is, Trump has used the phrase 'chinese virus' a fair few times this week whereas he didn't before at all. In fact he praised China at the beginning. Is this to prepare the citizens psychologically? For war? Or to help his election prospects?
I mean, it did originate there and is true (as far as we know) but for him to start using that term I found interesting.

Trump claimed that he is using the term because China tried to blame the virus on US soldiers.
" 'Cause it comes from China. It's not racist at all, no, not at all. It comes from China, that's why. I want to be accurate," Trump said on Wednesday.
Pressed again, he said: "I have great love for all of the people from our country, but as you know China tried to say at one point ... that it was caused by American soldiers. That can't happen. It's not gonna happen, not as long as I'm President. It comes from China."

edition.cnn.com...

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join